VX Bug Report

• 2 months later...

Update to "Undersirable Objects Appearing in Strip Club in version N (see example image)" posted at modgarden.cc...

I traced the problem to code added to end of file: /VX-Mod/Scripts/Luder/Room38/AcRoom.bs

This appears to be hooks to change poster, skyline, tv images via additional scripts. Specifically:

AppReplaceImage . {
        .TextureName "mat_skyline_01_lm2_texture";
        .LayerFile "Luder/Room/Stripclub/sky01";
    };
    AppImportNamespace . {
        .NodePath "Room:room_sky02_TransformLayer";
        .ImportNamespace "SkyMod";
    };

That's as far as I got. FileSearch for "SkyMod" turns up nothing.

Quick remedy is either to delete the offending code, or just don't do bluescreen captures. I figure most will probably choose the latter. I might be the only person on earth who cares about this "bug/not-so-bug".

Anyway... just thought you'd like to know.

Image is a custom AM of the Strip Club with all images transparent, except for Room_Stripclub_barstools.png. The big black thing (undesirable object) in the upper-right is the skyline object outside the billiard room window.

undesirable_object.jpg

This reminds me, did we ever get a fix for the clipping sliders not working? I think that started with version n, but I'm not sure. Am currently on version p.

clothmorph.jpg.d6914bf0dec9a6ba2619c31a4fb19e71.jpg

UPDATE:

Found the solution to the clothing sliders not working (much by accident). One must go to the BOTTOM of the DRESS tab, and select "Enable All Fixes" under Dress Morph Fix...

fix1.jpg.e66ea098cf6dc760d5e3fe03fb842b39.jpg

Then the sliders on the body tab will work again. Don't know why we need two conflicting sets of the same options, but whatever... As long as I can wear pants again, I'm happy! :)

OK, this is probably going to read like a list of grievances, and I don't necessarily mean it to (but what can ya do?). I'm forced to revert to using version k, because to my recollection, it's the last version which didn't have the following...

Those scripts you guys added to control/alter room objects (which I know a lot of people think are the coolest thing since air conditioning; and which I personally have no use for whatsoever) are causing a number of problems:

* OptionsManager settings to enable/disable machines no longer work

* In the strip club, the Sybian appears in sequencer with no way to disable it. (I assume the same is true for other machines in other rooms, but I don't know)

* Large Undesirable Object in Strip Club (see previous post)

May I suggest that if you're going to do things like Add sliders to enable/disable objects; change colors; open doors; play videos; or otherwise alter core functionality in any way; that you do them as AddOns so that if they cause unforseen glitches such as the aforementioned, they can be easily disabled?

Some other things:

* Clothing Morph sliders no longer work (see other post). That started in version n (I think).

* Can't edit ANYTHING inside the main zip files, without losing my Addon rooms. Not sure how many versions that goes back.. It might even happen in k, I don't know - most things I've figured out how to fix outside of the archives folders, so I haven't had to deal with it in a while. (I'll let you know if I have to edit baroque_laces in order to fit back into my Hooters costume).

<rant> That "lock everything up in zip files to protect them from your users" idea y'all had was something I was NEVER particularly fond of. If I want to fuck up MY game that's MY problem. Anyone who doesn't know how to reinstall this game in FIVE MINUTES, without losing everything, that's THEIRS! I don't see why I should have to suffer for it?! It should be stated for the record: CLEARING TEXTURES is the easiest, least invasive way to disable objects in this game. If I have to sidestep the "newest and coolest method" and/or disable a bunch of code in order to do things the old way ANYHOW (i.e. get rid of the sybian in the sequencer) then what was the point? And, Call me Crazy... But I don't see the wisdom in having a VX-Mod folder that you can't MOD! It's in the name, FFS!! </rant>

EDIT: About the zip files.. I think i recall (it's been a while) that I had to download a utility to change the date stamp on the zip files to get the program to quit disabling my addon rooms whenever I edited anything inside them. Windows doesn't have that "functionality" built in (or, if it does, it's not easily accomplished). Me and Marburg had a go-'round about that a while back (I think he thought I was accusing him of nefarious intent -- I wasn't).. Anyway... Just so you know...

1 hour ago, EJAX said:

<rant> That "lock everything up in zip files to protect them from your users" idea y'all had was something I was NEVER particularly fond of. If I want to fuck up MY game that's MY problem. Anyone who doesn't know how to reinstall this game in FIVE MINUTES, without losing everything, that's THEIRS! I don't see why I should have to suffer for it?! It should be stated for the record: CLEARING TEXTURES is the easiest, least invasive way to disable objects in this game. If I have to sidestep the "newest and coolest method" and/or disable a bunch of code in order to do things the old way ANYHOW (i.e. get rid of the sybian in the sequencer) then what was the point? And, Call me Crazy... But I don't see the wisdom in having a VX-Mod folder that you can't MOD! It's in the name, FFS!! </rant>

EDIT: About the zip files.. I think i recall (it's been a while) that I had to download a utility to change the date stamp on the zip files to get the program to quit disabling my addon rooms whenever I edited anything inside them. Windows doesn't have that "functionality" built in (or, if it does, it's not easily accomplished). Me and Marburg had a go-'round about that a while back (I think he thought I was accusing him of nefarious intent -- I wasn't).. Anyway... Just so you know...

I cannot speak to the other stuff you are experiencing, but I think the zip files were created to speed up VX,  That said, I am constantly replacing certain items in those zip files.  If you are using Windows 10 you can actually browse them through file explorer and just drag and drop, then overwrite anything you want to change.  If I am deleting anything I first pull it out give it an extension like .bak and then put it back while deleting the texture.  That way if something goes wrong I have a back up.

6 hours ago, hdiddy said:

I cannot speak to the other stuff you are experiencing, but I think the zip files were created to speed up VX,  That said, I am constantly replacing certain items in those zip files.  If you are using Windows 10 you can actually browse them through file explorer and just drag and drop, then overwrite anything you want to change.  If I am deleting anything I first pull it out give it an extension like .bak and then put it back while deleting the texture.  That way if something goes wrong I have a back up.

Yeah, and if I DO THAT, then all my addon rooms disappear --unless and until I change the datestamp on the zip file back to the original -- which is not an easy thing to do in Windows. I assumed that's why it was done: cheap and easy file protection. I don't know whose idea it was, but I'm not a fan. Marburg and I already had this discussion on modsgarden.cc. I had swapped back to version k THEN; I just got the idea that maybe I could live without the Clothing Sliders, and move up to version p if I found the code for the "Undesirable Object" -- which I DID, and deleting it WORKED, but then all that other shit started happening, so I'm back to version k again. Not a problem.. Like I said, I don't need any of that other stuff. Just can't upgrade until it's fixed (if it EVER gets fixed... I seem to be the only one who cares).

Quick remedy is either to delete the offending code, or just don't do bluescreen captures.

If i remember correctly i pointed out to you that it is easy to disable the Skyline option (or indeed all room options ) in the file VX-Mod\Scripts\DressVX-Mod\Scripts\DcDressRoomObjects.lua

I think i even sent you a copy of the file with that option disabled because it IS disabled in my development version.

10 minutes ago, Marburg said:

I think i even sent you a copy of the file with that option disabled because it IS disabled in my development version.

I don't know, but that's what I ended up doing. When I lost my rooms is after I tried to clear the sybian png in the zip files. I had already swapped back to k when I remembered having to change the timestamp. Now I don't even remember how I did THAT! SUX getting old! lol

I have a tool but I can't remember how it was installed, from where, and most details, but it is allowing me to Shift+Right Click on a file then pick "Touch File" and it will touch the file just like in Linux (updating the modified date/time).

Later edit:

This is it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Touch File]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Touch File\command]
@="cmd /C copy /b \"%1\" +,,"

17 hours ago, Marburg said:

But why dont you disable protected status for the Archives in the Options Manager?
I've never had to use that option but AFAIK that should do what you want

Maybe because I never saw it?? About the only time I go into options manager is when that sybian shows up out of the blue. (who uses those things, anyway?). And before they stuck that option in there, I always went to the archives and replaced the jp2 with a clear png. DONE! Never had to see that thing again until the next update. Same with the baroque laces. I haven't been in Options Manager since probably version e, or thereabouts... Not until the sybian reared its ugly head again.

2 hours ago, Marburg said:

Fair enough, you can't know everything about this game. On the other hand: i think (correct me if im wrong!) version E already supported AM textures for the tools, including the Sybian. You could have put a transparent texture there.

I didn't know you could AM the sybian? I'm guessing it's like a toy, you can only have one AM?

EDIT: Well, duh... How are you gonna select it?

Im testing it right now... it USED to work - i have a custom Sybian texture in an older install - but maybe the texture names changed... i'll get back to you.
Maybe it's real bug LOL.

Yep, AM support for the Sybian is broken. I THINK it's because there's a Sybian texture in VX-Mod and AFAIK anything that tries to upgrade or circumvent things located in the VX-Mod folders gets ignored during the loading process.

There is a quick and dirty fix: replace the file \VX-Mod\Images\Q=Tex032M\Shared\Item\tool_vibramatic_col.png with a transparent texture and create a TXF file of the same name with "RGBA" "AlphaMask". I just tested in version P and it works as expected... no more sybians.

BTW: you never select an AM texture for a toy. If it exists, it is always used to replace the original texture.

Hello I'm new to this forum and my English is not the best. But I hope someone can help me.

I use 'TK17  VX' with newest Updates. The Problem is the Cumshots look somehow... i say broken. But only with the 'Cumshot' Option in Sequencer & Pose Edit, when I choose 'Orgasm' (the First Person Cumshot used with shortcut X) they look very good indeed.

Another Things is 'Cumshot' don't show the sperm on the Models face (Only Body) with a lot of Hairsytles, while 'Orgasm dick' can cum on the faces with all Hairstyles.

At 'Cumshot' option the sperm flows upwards and look like block or pixels while at 'Orgasm' option it flows in right direction and looks smooth. Is there a way to have the same texture like the First-Person Orgasm?

I have Check/uncheck all possible boxes in 'TK Options Manager', but no success.

Greetings, SuccubusNina87

15 hours ago, Marburg said:

Im testing it right now... it USED to work - i have a custom Sybian texture in an older install - but maybe the texture names changed... i'll get back to you.
Maybe it's real bug LOL.

Yep, AM support for the Sybian is broken. I THINK it's because there's a Sybian texture in VX-Mod and AFAIK anything that tries to upgrade or circumvent things located in the VX-Mod folders gets ignored during the loading process.

There is a quick and dirty fix: replace the file \VX-Mod\Images\Q=Tex032M\Shared\Item\tool_vibramatic_col.png with a transparent texture and create a TXF file of the same name with "RGBA" "AlphaMask". I just tested in version P and it works as expected... no more sybians.

BTW: you never select an AM texture for a toy. If it exists, it is always used to replace the original texture.

OK! So I'm back on version P. I managed to Quash The Evil Sybian by clearing the png in VX-Mod (U don't actually need the txf file for that). I didn't have to go into the zip files at all, so I still have all my addon rooms (YAY!). I haven't dealt with the "Undesirable Object" yet. I thought maybe we could look at that and see what's actually causing it, cuz all I know to do ATM is delete those two lines of script.

Why is there a tool_vibramatic_col.png file in VX-Mod anyway? Is it for the Options Manager, or something else? It's not in any of the updates, so it had to come from the initial install. Why didn't it affect anything until now? Could that have something to do with the OptMan setting no longer working?

About TXF files... You don't need them for most png files (I don't know about jp2's). I delete them whenever possible. They DO have their uses, though. On OysterMug's Movie Title Overlay (which I use for just about everything-BUT) it adds a nice anti-aliasing effect using "RGBA_8888" "AlphaBlend". And things like the water effect in the pool can't be done without them. And you can force something to the top layer with Write-Z. And you can use "AlphaMask" to cut holes in things using textures (I discovered that entirely by accident). But for most other things they're just unnecessary overhead. Getting rid of them is just one less thing the program has to deal with. I'm sure that's advice that the purists probably don't want me giving, but I never was very good at conformity (in case you hadn't noticed). :)

Which reminds me.. I still need to go through the HD bedroom and shuffle some stuff around.. There's a TON of transparent/semi-transparent pngs in the closet that all conflict with each other. I need to set their Alpha type, or change their MultiDraw layer settings, or some combination thereof. There were a few rooms I had to do that in.. Mountain Trail; Viewing Platform.. Can't remember the others. What I REALLY NEED to do is go through the zip files and find what Draw layers are the defaults for each type of object. Much of the stuff I download is all on a high draw layers (usually 38). For example: to make OysterMug's Overlay an Underlay, I had to reduce the MultiDraw Layer to 32. That was just a guess, but it worked. No more see-thru hairdos! Oh, and that fancy lace bra that's obviously not part of the original program, I can't use it with Bibi because her hair makes her tits pop out. Interesting, but not practical!

Am I rambling? I'll shut up now...

Oh, And I take it back... YOu DO need the txf file in VX-Mod, otherwise you get THIS in the Sequencer (doesn't show up in PoseEdit)...

1825222921_SybianSequencer.jpg.0bf9826eed1f130fc15fcec386d9d2f1.jpg

Could the Windrow Backdrop be caused by something similar?

UPDATE: YES, indeed it WAS something similar! Changing the value in \VX-Mod\Images\Q=Tex032M\Luder\Room\Stripclub\sky01.txf to "RGBA_8888" "AlphaMask" gets rid of it. It doesn't appear to break the script either (we shall see)...

sky.jpg.2c4fbe77b4826b0e7d5e88c2f0959521.jpg

UPDATE #2: And, yes, it's gone from the sequencer also. I think we have a winner!

I assume I've just killed the default backdrop, though, so maybe only a winner for me..

UPDATE #3: Nope! Default backdrop is still there. I'm calling it fixed! YMMV.

backdrop.jpg.4007ae328e1f3cd3e1477a282445f6f2.jpg

8 hours ago, SuccubusNina87 said:

Hello I'm new to this forum and my English is not the best. But I hope someone can help me.

I use 'TK17  VX' with newest Updates. The Problem is the Cumshots look somehow... i say broken. But only with the 'Cumshot' Option in Sequencer & Pose Edit, when I choose 'Orgasm' (the First Person Cumshot used with shortcut X) they look very good indeed.

Another Things is 'Cumshot' don't show the sperm on the Models face (Only Body) with a lot of Hairsytles, while 'Orgasm dick' can cum on the faces with all Hairstyles.

At 'Cumshot' option the sperm flows upwards and look like block or pixels while at 'Orgasm' option it flows in right direction and looks smooth. Is there a way to have the same texture like the First-Person Orgasm?

I have Check/uncheck all possible boxes in 'TK Options Manager', but no success.

I am having this same issue. Been trying to troubleshoot for a while now

About TXF files... You don't need them for most png files (I don't know about jp2's). I delete them whenever possible.

Don't, that's really a bad habit. What you are relying on is that the loading process assumes the texture is a RGB_888 with no transparency if there is no TXF file. This behaviour could change. And the TXF is still searched for and ultimately not found (wasting time). You win nothing by removing them. TXF files are part of a texture definition and should not be deleted.

Part of the problem with TXF files in custom rooms is that CtK doesnt always generate the correct syntax. 24 bit images fro instance are defined as 32 bit (RGBA_8888).

Why is there a tool_vibramatic_col.png file in VX-Mod anyway?

i have been asking myself the same question. It could be related to the "Machine" room options but i'm not seeing the other machines in that folder.

Your guess is as good as mine. Could even be left behind by accident...

59 minutes ago, Marburg said:

What you are relying on is that the loading process assumes the texture is a RGB_888 with no transparency if there is no TXF file.

Then why does a 32 bit sem-transparent png work at all? I don't know if I gain any speed by it I just know it works, and I don't get any errors in my logs.. Most of of my speed gains are down to my only putting the Addons I actually intend to use in the Addons folder. My AM folder is slightly more messy. THOSE I get the occasional errors from, but they don't seem to hurt anything.

1 hour ago, Marburg said:

It could be related to the "Machine" room options but i'm not seeing the other machines in that folder.

Like I said, it's not in any of the updates. And I did a full reinstall to bring it down to version k, so it has to be in the installer.

Maybe in enabling AM scripts something in the loading hierarchy got changed?

10 hours ago, SuccubusNina87 said:

From my troubleshooting here are the things I found.

• Both methods are using the same textures.  I know this because I tried removing the sperm textures in Activemod which caused nothing to work.
  • With the above, that leads me to believe it has something more to do with VX as @Cold Irony mentioned in another post regarding this.
  • That would ultimately lead me to believe it has something to do with one of those scripts that control the cumshots.  SpermSpray or something which would also mean each method actually uses a separate script but the same textures.  That I'm not the best with tracking down what script does what, but this issue is extremely annoying so I am going to focus in.

As this may be a bug I am going to move this thread to VX bugs.

they don't seem to hurt anything.

Famous last words :)

Maybe in enabling AM scripts something in the loading hierarchy got changed?

IIRC the loading hiearchy did change between versions but that predates AM script support. Scripts are not textures.

the AM texture simply gets ignored because the VX Mod version always takes precedence. And that's a fairly recent change IIRC.

AM support for the Machines still worked in version N ( I just checked) even tho the file is also there in VX-Mod.

So between N and P, VX-Mod took precedence.

Then why does a 32 bit sem-transparent png work at all?

I dunno... maybe the loader got clever and reads the PNG file header if no TXF can be found.