List of modded race SxB patch

19 hours ago, red3dred said:

Last i remember, Lyceen creator denied support as they were uncomfortable with their race/work used for adult content. That will remain so for now, i guess. I doubt people care enough to give a second statement changing their stance, at least i haven't seen it happen much.

In this day and age, it's almost getting to the point where you could ask AI to make it for you, somehow. Not sure how most people feel about it, but i've seen a lot of AI works with pixel-art that seem to generate acceptable results.

I hate the topic and feel like we're replacing people that could be doing a much better and more honest job, but when there aren't enough people interested or with time to get it done, i can see why so many people flock to AI art.

Anyway, even if you don't have a "good" support, a support that works for you still is better than bald humans, no? And there's not much coding involved with Supports, it's mostly just writing a couple patches that are already pre-made, just gotta change words around.

You underestimate how bad I am

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 10:14 AM, Veorer said:

So browsing a bit on Steam, hopefully we could get support for these mods:

The Merr-kin Less Human, there's a Merr-kin support around, guess someone could edit it

The Scyphojel, Space Jellyfish! and The Bubblekin weren't asked for permission yet for what I know

The Taurikin (and full fur vers.) and The Arachne Race, These are hard no, they're too hard to do or straight up impossible

Lamia Race- Naga Reskin, same as Merr-kin

The Blattra got denied I think, but maybe I'm misremembering

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 3:06 AM, red3dred said:

Last i remember, Lyceen creator denied support as they were uncomfortable with their race/work used for adult content. That will remain so for now, i guess. I doubt people care enough to give a second statement changing their stance, at least i haven't seen it happen much.

In this day and age, it's almost getting to the point where you could ask AI to make it for you, somehow. Not sure how most people feel about it, but i've seen a lot of AI works with pixel-art that seem to generate acceptable results.

I hate the topic and feel like we're replacing people that could be doing a much better and more honest job, but when there aren't enough people interested or with time to get it done, i can see why so many people flock to AI art.

Anyway, even if you don't have a "good" support, a support that works for you still is better than bald humans, no? And there's not much coding involved with Supports, it's mostly just writing a couple patches that are already pre-made, just gotta change words around.

I would love to see an ai sexbound species patch generator, its just pixelart, get over it folks.

8 minutes ago, Azrielii said:

I would love to see an ai sexbound species patch generator, its just pixelart, get over it folks.

Hey, people are free to do it. Mainly if nobody is making money off of it. And let's hope it's for races with permission.

Hell, at this rate, if the AI can make support that works for races like Arachne, Deerfolk, Taurikin etc. , then fuck it. I wouldn't mind skipping the hell that is aligning all of that, contorting them like a donut, and on top of that, using the limit color schemes that they require.

The real stigma is the deal with, y'know, full on art. People who spend entire weeks on digital art, make a gallery of over 50 pieces, and then an AI replaces them with no extra cost for infinite pieces. It's not just taking their job, but also their joy. Making art is fun for some people.

4 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Hey, people are free to do it. Mainly if nobody is making money off of it. And let's hope it's for races with permission.

Hell, at this rate, if the AI can make support that works for races like Arachne, Deerfolk, Taurikin etc. , then fuck it. I wouldn't mind skipping the hell that is aligning all of that, contorting them like a donut, and on top of that, using the limit color schemes that they require.

The real stigma is the deal with, y'know, full on art. People who spend entire weeks on digital art, make a gallery of over 50 pieces, and then an AI replaces them with no extra cost for infinite pieces. It's not just taking their job, but also their joy. Making art is fun for some people.

I get it, but pixelartist left sexbound, theres noone to rob from their joy, but theres a mirriad species that never get support othervise, its just empty moralizing here, theres no new patch for months now.

31 minutes ago, Azrielii said:

I get it, but pixelartist left sexbound, theres noone to rob from their joy, but theres a mirriad species that never get support othervise, its just empty moralizing here, theres no new patch for months now.

Dunno about Alastor, but it's more so the game than the mod. Starbound isn't drawing many new players, given it's been out for years and now without updates.

I personally have many reasons to not make more supports... Spoiler, but;

Spoiler

Making content for PoV, Terato, new API animations, etc. does already provide me with more than enough things to do, and will make supports more complicated for everyone that wants it for the new positions. Work piles up!

I would make more custom species supports, but I'm just not social enough to go out and obtain permissions from the original mod authors. The only reason I managed to post bohemian lion support and the nude furry costumes for terraria is because I already knew the person who made both of those and even helped them out a bit.

46 minutes ago, Ant Cant said:

I would make more custom species supports, but I'm just not social enough to go out and obtain permissions from the original mod authors. The only reason I managed to post bohemian lion support and the nude furry costumes for terraria is because I already knew the person who made both of those and even helped them out a bit.

I have permission for the Lycanroc race: 

Originally deleted before realizing the requests thread appears to be closed, can someone maybe see about getting supports for these lovely zoroarks? the old zoroark race is just absolutely horrid and I just would really like to rail or get railed by a proper looking zoroark in starbound. The lucario and avali supports could be used as good references or maybe just borrow some sprites from them. Note, I haven't reached out to the authors for their opinion, but I did catch wind of a Dr Skittles' Template permission rule thingy, on the other hand, I haven't a clue if it's valid, so tread lightly.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2811625141
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2813977483

• 4 weeks later...

Just discovered Sexbound the other day and I'm modifying my mod list around it to do a new playthrough. Not to be 'that guy' or anything, but why aren't FU races compatible? Is it a rights thing, or is it an ethics thing? I remember reading something about the devs behind FU being not great, but that was a while ago and it didn't go into a whole lot of detail. Currently, my favorite modded race is the Kirhos, which I believe is an FU race, and I was just wondering why it wasn't supported. Apologies if this was asked before!

2 hours ago, Astara-Ki said:

Just discovered Sexbound the other day and I'm modifying my mod list around it to do a new playthrough. Not to be 'that guy' or anything, but why aren't FU races compatible? Is it a rights thing, or is it an ethics thing? I remember reading something about the devs behind FU being not great, but that was a while ago and it didn't go into a whole lot of detail. Currently, my favorite modded race is the Kirhos, which I believe is an FU race, and I was just wondering why it wasn't supported. Apologies if this was asked before!

TL,DR is basically that FU head Developer, Sayter, has a hostile tendency and a burning hatred for adult content, and has made "Counter patches" to sabotage any attempt to support the races previously, so, after that, we've been working with permissions from creators to make support, to make sure we don't step on anyone's toes, and also prevent creators going out of their way to make "counter-measures" against Sexbound.

If you want your FU races to have Sexbound support, please do so privately. FU has built-in measures against supports for them however. You may stumble upon them if you attempt it anyway.

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

TL,DR is basically that FU head Developer, Sayter, has a hostile tendency and a burning hatred for adult content, and has made "Counter patches" to sabotage any attempt to support the races previously, so, after that, we've been working with permissions from creators to make support, to make sure we don't step on anyone's toes, and also prevent creators going out of their way to make "counter-measures" against Sexbound.

If you want your FU races to have Sexbound support, please do so privately. FU has built-in measures against supports for them however. You may stumble upon them if you attempt it anyway.

Huh. Weird. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Algene said:

FU guys don't like Sexbound guys, Reason: pass drama and puritan* devs

*When they feel like it

Ah, I see.

I was asking because lewdbound had some compatibility things, and frackin does add some enjoyable gameplay features, so I thought I'd start playing with some friends if we could find a patch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...