Modders: What are we modding for?

I just made a new mod "SLD_SLPatch" which replaces FG functionality with SexLab functionality in the nexus mod "Serana Dialogue Addon". The rub is that the mod author credited me with having "helped" when I ended up making the whole damn thing due to them having no idea what I was talking about when giving advice.

Cautionary tale, if you decide to work with nexus modders be very careful.

I'm not one to look for praise but I believe in credit where credit is due....

5 hours ago, Yinkle said:

nexus modders

Not even kind of unique to the nexus, and I'm pretty sure the amount of "ex" modders here that fucked off to patreon after sucking craft and design work off of here is actually larger than the nexus.

Thanks to Yinkle for helping put this together!

5 hours ago, Yinkle said:

I just made a new mod "SLD_SLPatch" which replaces FG functionality with SexLab functionality in the nexus mod "Serana Dialogue Addon". The rub is that the mod author credited me with having "helped" when I ended up making the whole damn thing due to them having no idea what I was talking about when giving advice.

Cautionary tale, if you decide to work with nexus modders be very careful.

I'm not one to look for praise but I believe in credit where credit is due....

Hello there, I just messaged you on a PM on Nexus. I made a mistake, sorry about this. I didn't word it correctly, nor did I consider that people would see things the wrong way (that Yinkle just "helped" when he made the patches himself). The description credits of the patches has since been changed.

• 4 weeks later...

Us degenerates all love you modders, coders, animators, and active helpers. Great work on AAF, animations, and all the related pervy stuffs. I've been breaking skyrim and fallout4 repeatedly with your works and quite enjoying the puzzles for about a year. Still yet to get very far into the plots as I'm usually just booting to check a change of mod(s) or priority.
Please, please, someone with skills needs to tackle VaultGirl Perk Tree (or preferably VaultMeat) and any similar content.

Stay slooty! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Learning how to make better mods can seem a very daunting task at times and making mistakes causes most people to quit. But for those that keep trying and finally succeed, the pay off is immense I'm finding. I see what people can do now and am just amazed. Thank you all for your passion and commitment (or at least trying).

We don't all get along.... but we all want to make our games better somehow. :classic_wink:

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Learning how to make better mods can seem a very daunting task at times and making mistakes causes most people to quit. But for those that keep trying and finally succeed, the pay off is immense I'm finding. I see what people can do now and am just amazed. Thank you all for your passion and commitment (or at least trying).

We don't all get along.... but we all want to make our games better somehow. :classic_wink:

Thank you for the nice feedback!

• 2 months later...

It all started when the first hentai game that I ever discovered was a visual novel called "Imouto Ijime." I got it because on of my friends told me about it, and I ended up playing it (unfortunately...). The writing was really bad and the overall themes in the game weren't the greatest. After that, though, I started to discover the world of adult gaming and ended up playing tons of eroges, then nukiges, then ultimately started modding games, and I've been lurking in adult modding for a short while, starting to provide help where it's needed. What about you guys? What are your stories?

I make mods to make my game behave how I like it. Then I share them so other people like me use them. 

They always give me more ideas and I end up enjoying my mods even more, but since nobody pays me a dime, I made them primarily for my own use, even if they take many months for developing. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 4:59 PM, LordFlawn said:

I wanted something specific and couldn't find it, so I just made it myself.

Basically, yes. Things I want and can't find, I try to make. Most often, I fail. But, I see fails as learning steps. Perhaps I put a project on the shelf for a while, do other things, maybe come across a new tutorial because this time I used slightly different words in my search, and return to that old project. This time, SUCCESS! ))) Still, many more folders of failures (learning) than outright successes. 

Much is to see if I can do something... or figure out how someone else did it!