New Wicked Whims Update Wont Install, (May 17, 2020 version)

I keep trying to install the latest version of Wicked Whims but no matter how many times I try the file is always either not completed downloading by google, or when I try to open the location of the folder so I can extract it, it tells me "Removed" and the file is instantly deleted from my computer. I've tried telling it to resume download when the download fails, all it gives me is a uncompleted download file from chrome. I've even tried too download it on different search engines (ie. Microsoft Edge, Bing, Google Chrome). I've been attempting to download it for 2 days now so if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Have you already tried downloading the files from both LoversLab and the download section of wickedwhimsmod.com (the mod homepage)? There's two additional download sources over there, maybe one of them works for you.

Also, if you haven't tried downloading with Firefox, do so. From my experience, it's the browser giving me the fewest issues with downloads (actually only when my internet connection breaks down).

Finally, check your antivirus / security software. If it killed off or deleted your download, there shoould be a notification or log entry.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nelle said:

i tried Loverslad and itch.io... it keeps saying failed download error or its been removed.

Suspect either the Websites or Wicked file has been flagged as NSFW by your OS/Browser filters.

OR

You have anti-virus software blocking it.

Try using Brave or Opera Browsers instead of your default.

Last ditch is to download it with your phone and move it to your PC.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I may have been very late on this but I've been having the same problem. I know how to do this yes, I do have the wicked whims folder downloaded, even along with the active creators with there animations. I did go to the updated version of wicked whims. I have been having difficulties with my sims4, when I joined the game (my family) it does show that I have my animations on there, But it will not show the word "sex" (such as the animations) when I go to the bed and other places such as the floor. It is willing to show the wicked whims.

but not the sex.

It will only show the "settings" when I do click on the wicked whims.

so if you can, PLEASE GET THE CHANCE TO HELP ME OUT, IT WOULD BE  MUCH APPRECIATE IT ❤️

52 minutes ago, Lianaharwell18 said:

Hi. I may have been very late on this but I've been having the same problem. I know how to do this yes, I do have the wicked whims folder downloaded, even along with the active creators with there animations. I did go to the updated version of wicked whims. I have been having difficulties with my sims4, when I joined the game (my family) it does show that I have my animations on there, But it will not show the word "sex" (such as the animations) when I go to the bed and other places such as the floor. It is willing to show the wicked whims.

but not the sex.

It will only show the "settings" when I do click on the wicked whims.

so if you can, PLEASE GET THE CHANCE TO HELP ME OUT, IT WOULD BE  MUCH APPRECIATE IT ❤️

What's your game version?

i know i didn't download the outdated version of the wicked whims. i did see the last time it got updated and it shows november the 11th i suppose in this year of in 2020 of course. i did exactly everything. such as dragging the wicked whims mod into the mods folder. i have done this before because i used to have wicked whims months back when everything was working just fine but now something is going on, ITS EIThER MY COMPUTER OR THE WICKED WHIMS IS KINDA MESSED UP?

19 minutes ago, Lianaharwell18 said:

it is the sims4. can i ask what you mean? 

Look in your TS4 folder for a file named gameversion.txt and double click to open.

The copy/paste than number here.

Many script mods like Wicked(WW) only work with certain game versions.

6 minutes ago, Lianaharwell18 said:

what if i do not have the gameversion in my folder? is there a way to get it? 

and does it go with the wicked whims? i will try to look for the ts4 folder tho

Did you buy Sims 4 through Origin or Steam Account?

Did your game recently get an automatic update download?

TS4 is The Sims 4 folder that your Mods folder is located in.

10 minutes ago, Lianaharwell18 said:

no. I did not buy it and no i do not have a steam account. i got the sim4 along with the island living from a torrent website.

This is the problem then because we aren't allowed to help with pirated games by LL forum rules.

Most mods won't work on cracked codex Sims 4 games anyway even if they match the proper versions.

You can sign up for an Origin Account for free and Sims 4 Base Game is often very cheap like 5 bucks.

They often have other sales for Black Friday/Cyber Monday when some DLC packs are marked 50% off or more.

You only need the Base Game to enjoy all the free mods and tech support help from here.

Sorry I'm sounding like a Salesperson from EA/Maxis but if you really like something and use it then you should buy it.