Skyrim Unhinged and how it caused of my (minor) problems even though it does not make any sense

Heya,

just wanted to share a little "fix Skyrim mods problems" story with you.

For the past (fuck i dont know how long) ??? years of modding Skyrim i always had some weird (minor) problems:

- Apropos would sometimes assume the wrong gender

- Defeat would state that there are no available animations (i made a post about this in the "what really pisses you off" thread here on LL because that one really annoyed me)

- Some mod functions just wont work (minor stuff like the Sleep Rape from SL Adventures).

- Approach-based mods would generally be not 100% reliable. Sometimes, they just wouldn't work. (Aroused Creatures, Approach Redux, etc)

I just fixed ALL of these problems by ... disabling and cleanly removing traces of the mod Skyrim Unhinged.

(I removed it because i got annoyed of the plethora of assassins that would randomly spawn and kill all townfolks and animals NOT because I suspected it to break things like it did)

It would seem that this mod was causing some (very rare) gender problems with my game. As soon as I removed it, my (female) char greeted me as a male on load and I had to use showracemenu and load preset to revert it. Like WTF?!?

This is probably related to the Doppelganger that is included in Skyrim Unhinged.

After that all of the above functions immediately began to work. Just like that...

TLDR and what I learned from this: Never accept bugs like these and always check your load order. Sometimes, a single mod will cause all of your problems.

Update: Obviously Skyrim Unhinged should not be responsible for any problems since it does not add any scripts. Im my game it did and i cannot explain why.

I hope you dont mind me sharing this story here.

Cheers ;)

1 hour ago, King-Crimson said:

This is probably related to the Doppelganger that is included in Skyrim Unhinged.

This!

I will add to your story my ToH story (short^^):

Trouble of Heroine adds a Doppelganger that caused:

- if Doppelganger gets attacked by Skyrim Chain Beasts: CTD, because it made ENBoost and/or Crashfixes fail to allocate memory

- Totally mess up if PC wears HDT Hair

ROFL removed all traces? you mean the esp? haha thats it, there is NO way that this mod would interfere with your gender in game. But if you wouild like to explain how a simple esp mod with added npcs can do that I am all ears.

In the end if you do not like a mod , do not use it, just do not make shit up haha

Skyrim unhinge will not:

Change your gender, or assumed gender

Have anything to do with animations

there are no scripts

no globals

no condition

esp and npcs, thats it, so try again

The only thing I can see about gender is if you tried playing with a Male character and you used the Female version of unhinged.

unhinged adds the female gender to form 00000007 Prisoner (aka the PC)

But in that instance you are willfully using SU in a way it specifically says not to. 

To clarify: I dont know why, but Unhinged somehow(?) messed up the gender detection for some mods for the main character.

You can argue all you want against this but that's what somehow(?) has happened. 

You're right, it does not have any scripts whatsoever, so I really can't explain why these problems have ocurred.

But, removing Unhinged has fixed all of them and I can only assume that this has to do with the Doppelganger NPC added to the game.

I honestly have no idea though... and I don't really care. 

Stuff that has plagued me for years is finally working flawlessly now and for me, Unhinged was the culprit. 

So yes, removing a single ESP with no scripts, globals, animations, döner-kebab and fuck-i-don't-know-what-else has somehow, miraculously fixed all of my problems. Hurray!

Final thought: Of course I used the female version of Unhinged for a female PC. I'm not dumb ^^

Final final thought: I'm gonna go get me some döner-kebab now. ?

Final final final thought: By cleanly removing I mean that I always triple-check things when I remove a mod and sometimes do for example a qasmoke cell-reset to make sure everything is "as clean as possible".

Final final final final thought: -> -> Döner kebab <- <- Cu guys

39 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Don't remove the tomatoes form your Döner! ?

Eating a Döner without tomatoes makes you change your gender ?

(now I want one too ?, with tomatoes ?)

Of course I will NOT remove the tomatoes from it!!!

Removing the tomatoes would be like ... drinking coffee with milk and sugar ... "dann ist er ja nicht mehr schwarz und lecker" - Gabba-Gandalf

?

5 hours ago, King-Crimson said:

To clarify: I dont know why, but Unhinged somehow(?) messed up the gender detection for some mods for the main character.

You can argue all you want against this but that's what somehow(?) has happened. 

You're right, it does not have any scripts whatsoever, so I really can't explain why these problems have ocurred.

But, removing Unhinged has fixed all of them and I can only assume that this has to do with the Doppelganger NPC added to the game.

I honestly have no idea though... and I don't really care. 

Stuff that has plagued me for years is finally working flawlessly now and for me, Unhinged was the culprit. 

So yes, removing a single ESP with no scripts, globals, animations, döner-kebab and fuck-i-don't-know-what-else has somehow, miraculously fixed all of my problems. Hurray!

Final thought: Of course I used the female version of Unhinged for a female PC. I'm not dumb ^^

Final final thought: I'm gonna go get me some döner-kebab now. ?

Final final final thought: By cleanly removing I mean that I always triple-check things when I remove a mod and sometimes do for example a qasmoke cell-reset to make sure everything is "as clean as possible".

Final final final final thought: -> -> Döner kebab <- <- Cu guys

As said earlier by others, the only way it could mess with gender is if you used the wrong esp as it says in the directions, or, which could happen over time, if you downloaded, lets say the male version, then forgot and later on you started a new character and played as a female, not realizing you had the male esp in or vice versa, that I could see happening, all good, anyway glad you got your game running smooth

Edit: Or it conflicted with another mod, which is not the fault of either mod, its a conflict of both mods change the same files, in the end it does not make either mod "shit"

2 hours ago, -Caden- said:

it does not make either mod "shit"

It's true, it's true, i use skyrim unhinged and never had those problems, with the number of mods outthere by differents modders, every load order is not the same and sometimes stuff happens...

Modders have worked hard on their mods and we should use our wording better when having incompabilities.

3 hours ago, -Caden- said:

As said earlier by others, the only way it could mess with gender is if you used the wrong esp as it says in the directions,

I only have issues with Doppelgangers, and that is not mod specific.

Skyrim Unhinged was for quite a while in my LO and it had no effect on other mods like approaches by SD/DEC/DCL/SLAC/Sexlife/TDF-Prostitution/PetCollar/DF/PetProject/SkoomaWhore+Caden mods/SLadventures/POP

Wow, SU must have been in my LO before SLS and DFC ?

OK, I agree that the problems i had do not make this mod shit, I will remove lines stating that and recommending others to remove it from my posts.

However, I personally will not re-enable it ;)

23 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

You made me do it ?:coffee:

Höhö, wusste ich doch dass da n Deutscher ist xD