DOA Races(Ayane, Kasumi, Mai, Hitomi, Nyotengu, Momiji)

14 hours ago, siframe said:

For using Ayane as a player character Unique Player most certainly works for me. Copy Ayane's skin to the UP folders, just to be sure I added her face textures too and iirc the meshes for her head along with the body meshes that are hard requirements. She works flawlessly, as a 'human' with no issues from AAF. If you're running AAF MCG then there's a patch for UP of course. Maybe your last paragraph is a clue, I can't see any Race Customizer plug-in in my load order, I know that came as part of Turkeytail's mods, but I don't seem to need one for the DOA races posted here. Using MO2 ... which I can't recommend highly enough. 

There's no need to copy body meshes to the DOA folder. Unless you use UP Ayanerace uses your default (CBBE) human body, possibly (if I'm remembering correctly again) with a race specific skeleton. Meshes need to be copied for a UP setup of course, according to the instructions on the UP page. 

Black skin issues are caused by the race not being selected (in the console click on the player and enter setrace ayanerace - sorry if thats stating the obvious!) OR not using the right skin in UP, depending on your setup. 

The only other possibility I know of is a mismatched resolution for the specular compared to the ayane body skin. Paste Ayane's entire body textures folder into UP to be safe on that front. 

ayane's body texture as in the basefemalehands_d .dds?

These files: 

DOA Ayane Race 1/textures/DOA/body/basefemalehands_d.dds

AND 

DOA Ayane Race 1/textures/DOA/body/femalebody_d.dds

To be sure nothing gets screwy though and to kinda 'carpet bomb' any further troubleshooting then copy ALL her textures (from both the 'body' and 'ayane' texture folders) into UP's Unique Player/textures/actors/character/playerhumanfemale folder. That should sidestep any mismatched resolution issues, and POSSIBLY prevent looksmenu loading the wrong face texture as seen on the last page. 

If using this UP method there's no need to change your race from human to ayanerace. Works for me, so fingers crossed you'll have no trouble either. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 7:12 PM, siframe said:

These files: 

DOA Ayane Race 1/textures/DOA/body/basefemalehands_d.dds

AND 

DOA Ayane Race 1/textures/DOA/body/femalebody_d.dds

To be sure nothing gets screwy though and to kinda 'carpet bomb' any further troubleshooting then copy ALL her textures (from both the 'body' and 'ayane' texture folders) into UP's Unique Player/textures/actors/character/playerhumanfemale folder. That should sidestep any mismatched resolution issues, and POSSIBLY prevent looksmenu loading the wrong face texture as seen on the last page. 

If using this UP method there's no need to change your race from human to ayanerace. Works for me, so fingers crossed you'll have no trouble either. 

its working thanks. now i just need to fix the stuttering in this shitting game

1 hour ago, siframe said:

Haha yeah, good luck with THAT...

yup, over 400 hours from ps4 to pc and still haven't beaten the game once, because of the lag and stuttering halfway through the game. it's because of the NPCs. use mods like traveling NPCs or mods that adds more or changes the vanilla NPCs and it will fuck the game up for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 9:42 PM, BtwnChaosNOrder said:

I tried this myself, and it didn't work.  I also find that after saving & exiting to see if it sticks the faces disappear when loading the last save after a restart.

I have vortex, do i have to do this to get the skin to fuse?

Hi, i don't know what i'm doing wrong but i can't manage to get it to work. I have Looksmenu and race customizer installed but there's no head and body is black, somebody know how  to fix that ?

Edit: Find out how to fix that now face show up with dark body but now when Using Player.setrace my game crash . _.

Capteure.PNGfix

10 hours ago, bakanox01 said:

Hi, i don't know what i'm doing wrong but i can't manage to get it to work. I have Looksmenu and race customizer installed but there's no head and body is black, somebody know how  to fix that ?

Capteure.PNG

What worked for me was to change to doa race, showlooksmenu to change the face until you see that the face textures are misplaced, presets 3-7 for me. Then change back to human race and then back to doa race.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I'm trying to determine where the default hair color is set.  I would like to set Nyotengu's hair color to black, but it's blond.  The hair is from Maxson's NPC replacer.  If I use the same hair with the Tina race or any other race, it's black.  Anyone know where that is changed?

20200827181142_1.jpg

20200827181205_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So I have created a new MOD Manager profile and disabled 90% of all mods and I only have the DOA Race for Momiji and this is the result. Its very very odd and messy, is there something missing? Because if I just enable this mod and this mod only and the mod doesnt work this might be a bigger issue.

Untitled.thumb.png.eff10e5e0934ecdee14ae79a4449458b.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 3:03 AM, Gurvemeh said:

So I have created a new MOD Manager profile and disabled 90% of all mods and I only have the DOA Race for Momiji and this is the result. Its very very odd and messy, is there something missing? Because if I just enable this mod and this mod only and the mod doesnt work this might be a bigger issue.

change head in looks menu, press "A" or "D"

On 10/20/2020 at 11:54 AM, zensoul said:

how do I get there hair as an option on the menu to use for other races it doesnt show up

try "Hair for All Race Patch" mod, find on nexus

On 10/23/2020 at 1:27 AM, 4killer said:

whenever i use one of these races the inside of there mouths are all purple. has anyone figured out how to fix this?

make sure you don't use mod for teeth, like a "Immersive Mouth and Teeth" or "HN66s and XAZOMNs Distinctive Teeth for FO4"

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 11:27 PM, 4killer said:

whenever i use one of these races the inside of there mouths are all purple. has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Not sure if your problem is the same as mine was, but this worked for me: 

My problem was Ayane having the purple mouth, but Kasumi seemed to be working. Copying Kasumi's mouth mesh and material files (mouth.nif and mouth.bgsm) over Ayane's fixed it. If the problem is consistent and you have at least one working mouth to copy then I'd imagine the process would work for different combinations, though I haven't tested that. Careful not to move the mouth.tri file in the process though, as that controls morphs if I understand it correctly. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:39 AM, Arus724 said:

DOA Races(Ayane, Kasumi, Mai, Hitomi, Nyotengu, Momiji)

View File

I got these mods from Baidu. The author is unknown.

When your character has black skin, use console command "player.setrace [chara's name]race".

Otherwise use Looksmenu's skinoverride.

Hi, how do i apply this to my character? thanks

They overwrite some of the standard preset faces - not looksmenu saved presets, the ones listed as 'faces' in the main menu of looksmenu that are available even without the looksmenu mod. To get the right body skin you'll then need to use a setrace console command (eg 'player.setrace kasumirace) or use one of the unique player mods.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:38 AM, siframe said:

For using Ayane as a player character Unique Player most certainly works for me. Copy Ayane's skin to the UP folders, just to be sure I added her face textures too and iirc the meshes for her head along with the body meshes that are hard requirements. She works flawlessly, as a 'human' with no issues from AAF. If you're running AAF MCG then there's a patch for UP of course. Maybe your last paragraph is a clue, I can't see any Race Customizer plug-in in my load order, I know that came as part of Turkeytail's mods, but I don't seem to need one for the DOA races posted here. Using MO2 ... which I can't recommend highly enough. 

There's no need to copy body meshes to the DOA folder. Unless you use UP Ayanerace uses your default (CBBE) human body, possibly (if I'm remembering correctly again) with a race specific skeleton. Meshes need to be copied for a UP setup of course, according to the instructions on the UP page. 

Black skin issues are caused by the race not being selected (in the console click on the player and enter setrace ayanerace - sorry if thats stating the obvious!) OR not using the right skin in UP, depending on your setup. 

The only other possibility I know of is a mismatched resolution for the specular compared to the ayane body skin. Paste Ayane's entire body textures folder into UP to be safe on that front. 

This worked (sort of).

As proof I provided a screen cap of Nora as Kasumi in the creation process. I could easily make Nora into any of the OG DOA Girls found here on LL. The tricky part is when I use the girls from the google link. The Pack with Honoka and Marie Rose in it. I have realized several issues with the pack but, one of the major ones is that even though the files are there for Honoka - she will not appear in the list of default faces. Marie Rose is the only one in that pack that will appear in the list along with the other 6.

The other big complaint about the way that you do it and the part you sort of neglected to mention is that by doing it the way you described it causes the other female NPCs in game to suffer a sort of reverse skin texture mismatch. So by getting the skin from the DOA followers to match their heads we're also inadvertently messing up the textures for the regular female NPCs in game.

I have read through all 3 pages of this thread and reread it today after a fresh install of Fallout 4. I am willing to try again and if I am able to get this working I will personally save the presets and upload them here or even possibly on Nexus if I am able.

I know I am technically directly answering you here but, this goes for anyone who reads this: if you can provide help or further tips on how to make the skin match up without screwing up the other regular NPCs please PM me directly either here or on the Nexus as my user name is the same for both.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to provide help, happy modding & happy holidays!

ScreenShot37.png

@SkyrimDragonborn30 ....I'm not sure how you got a reverse skin mismatch if you were using Unique Player as I described, that's the whole point of UP, everyone else uses whatever skin you installed previously, and only the PC uses the DOA textures you place in the UP folders. You did use Unique Player, right? 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3718

And in case you want followers too (Piper, Cait etc)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26108

If you have used UP I can't begin to imagine where your problem came from, but UP will remain safely set up if you reinstall the skin mod you were using before the DOA experiment, so just do that, UP will keep your KasumiNora as seen in your screenie. 

As for the Turkeytail mods I have no experience with Honoka, like you I had Marie Rose running a long while back but never tried Honkers. They were originally designed as Curie/Piper replacements iirc, maybe Honoka never had a preset face replacement in her plug-in? She was set up to replace Piper as far as I remember. 

You could try a PM to Xavier19870828, it looks like Honker's head in his Valerie Harmon outfit screenies, though it's tough to be sure as she's got different hair on. 

Happy holidays to you too, good luck fixing stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am in the process of using these assets and my own to turn these into followers. I’ll throw up some pics but they are boring as fuck cause I mean it’s all dialogue. 

and some outfit changes. I added back the ninja dojo symbol that i removed for the nightclub version of the outfit. 

im doing Kasumi first cause well quite frankly she was the first file at the top of my folder.

i am adding outfit selection. By dialogue and making them body locked but will make bodyslide files so you can alter the body they are given by default.

i would like to eventually add outfit damage but would probably favor the modded total breakaway to nude like most doa6 mods you find on this site do.  But I want to add a voice and some effects to that.