1 hour ago, Kanlaon said:

I know the FO4 mod see you sleep, but I do not use it at the moment. See you sleep is no longer supported from the mod author. Besides that the MCM of see you sleep is done

using the pip boy. When everything is removed from the player like in mods RSE CSA this makes trouble since than the menu is no longer available.

The other mod with the possibility "See you sleep" (forgot the name) has too many other features, which I really do not need.

When I remember right the mod version in skyrim goes were well with similar mods there that make it possible to see the player sleep.

For LE good working version was "Go to bed" but for SE "Another sleep mod" .

A perfect solution for "AAF dangerous nights" should support both features :)

That's true, I never turn on any item stripping from mods besides AAF.  Except the shower from Build your own Pool which occasionally forgets to reequip the pip-boy, so it's good to have commands turned on in Survival Mode ;)   I didn't know that the author of See you Sleep removed because of not wanting to support it.  It works pretty well otherwise. 

But with all that said, I look forward to the next version of Dangerous Nights.  There is a lack of current adult mods for Fallout that do anything like this. 

(I miss Sexlab Adventures and Survival...)

7 hours ago, Marg597 said:

That's true, I never turn on any item stripping from mods besides AAF.  Except the shower from Build your own Pool which occasionally forgets to reequip the pip-boy, so it's good to have commands turned on in Survival Mode ;)   I didn't know that the author of See you Sleep removed because of not wanting to support it.  It works pretty well otherwise. 

But with all that said, I look forward to the next version of Dangerous Nights.  There is a lack of current adult mods for Fallout that do anything like this. 

(I miss Sexlab Adventures and Survival...)

Well at the moment most of the time I am playing ESO, therefore I forgot some things in Fallout 4.

I have one simple question, maybe you know :

When settlers go to bed for sleeping than does the game play an animation ?

If the answer is YES maybe it is possible for me to make a simple sleep mod like that from skyrim.

( I have already made scripted Fallout and skyrim mods by myself in the last years)

3 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Well at the moment most of the time I am playing ESO, therefore I forgot some things in Fallout 4.

I have one simple question, maybe you know :

When settlers go to bed for sleeping than does the game play an animation ?

If the answer is YES maybe it is possible for me to make a simple sleep mod like that from skyrim.

( I have already made scripted Fallout and skyrim mods by myself in the last years)

there is existing mod 

27 minutes ago, Jahem_kinkaid said:

there is existing mod 

Thank you for the link, I did not know about this one!  I will take a look at it.

Also in regards to @Kanlaon's question regarding sleep animation, I use this mod which also has a lewd version that moves.  It looks like there is an .hkx file for sleeping which it basically overwrites with no other supporting file necessary.  Butt Sleeps - A Sleeping Animation Mod

Edit: Oh, but you asked about when they Go to bed.  My brain interpreted that as are already in bed.  So in case you meant it the other way, I don't know if there's an animation for actually taking the clothing off, but the one for Skyrim Serial Strip which shows the character moving arms as if they are removing clothing, and then 1 article of clothing is removed at a time.  I haven't seen such a mod for Fallout but would love more immersion.

Edited by Marg597
fixed link
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I have started to use this mod THANK YOU!

I have a Request/Suggestion: I would like an option that allows settlement visits but only by settlers. I would find that more "immersive" than having 3 raiders turn up, do their dirty thing, then go passive; I just kill them afterwards and loot their bodies... not very immersive.

Ideally, a more modular approach to options:

- settlements [Workshops]: settlers only or settlers and minutemen

- commonwealth: anyone except settlers and city dwellers

- [example] diamond city: any DC inhabitant including DC guards only

Thanks again!

Edited by FO4Life
  • 4 weeks later...

[Retrospective]

I like the idea of the mod but it has quite a few flaws... (not hating on the mod, just pointing out a few major things that I consider wrong)

Spoiler

For starters, the NPC spawn system. It isn't really spawning new NPCs - it's moving existing NPCs to the player, correct? Why does it do that? It breaks other mods - when I had Nuka Ride installed DN pulled a few actors (added by Nuka Ride) from the Nuka World all the way to the Concord Red Rocket (where my character slept). I decided to defend and had to kill the newly placed actors only to find that once they're dead (due to events of DN) - they're really dead and any quests tied to them are immediately broken.

Then there's the MCM Config which hardly seems to be working, at least on my end. When I first started the save I set up DN how I originally thought would give me the most immersive experience possible. However, after a solid 12 hours of playing on that new save I wanted to change the mod's settings to spice things up. The settings get saved (they don't get reverted), but it just doesn't seem to work properly. I had 'Companions Defend' set to OFF and then I set it to ON only to find out that hostile actors still spawn. The sleeping location is irrelevant since I have an active companion; therefore the mod shouldn't place any actors upon waking up, yet it does.

I also noticed that scenes with companions 'as lover' don't use tags properly. Even though the event is consesual (non-aggressive) the aggressive animation will be considered aggressive event. I accidentally figured this out since I'm using Sex Attributes and after the morning event it reported that my character is feeling traumatized.

And finally (the reason why I removed the mod), regarding the placed actors - sometimes they'd be invisible.

I'm using Bunker Ravine as my main player home since it offers everything I need, plus it's cozy. Technically, that bunker is a dungeon, though it has lower hidden area with a workshop (in total it has 2 workshops - one outside and the other inside). The reason I'm bringing this up is because the said player home is the main reason why I stopped using DN. When the player goes to sleep (bedroom in the bunker) that area is treated as a dungeon which is fine. However, even when having active companion nearby ('Companions Defend' is ON), and 'Max Compatibility' set to ON, the mod would still spawn a few hostile actors - but they'd be completely invisible. Since they are technically there, the player gets a limited movement (they block the path), and I can still see 'E) Talk' option when moving the mouse across the screen. What's more, the previously mentioned player home comes with legendary robot as a guard near the entrance; if the player has the card to access the bunker the said robot will be friendly towards them (will become hostile only if player tries to open the main door to the bunker without the card). I'm pretty sure the actors shouldn't have been placed when both 'Companions Defend' and 'Maximum Compatibility' are ON - simply put, too few conditions were met to start the DN event.

That's where I lost it and quit the game, removing the DN from my load order.

Just so we're clear - I genuinely like the mod. Over the years I haven't seen anything similar to it, and that's its biggest selling point. However, its implementation isn't the greatest. There are a lot of things needing fixing, and these ones I've mentioned are just a few major ones (in my opinion). If you haven't given up on the mod yet (which I hope you haven't), give it some thought and update it. It's your mod, your creation, and it's up to you to decide what happens with the mod and when.

Nonetheless, thank you for publishing the mod! I always appreciate when mod authors make their work publicly available and share it with other players. Keep up the great work and take care!

Edited by rubber_duck
1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

[Retrospective]

I like the idea of the mod but it has quite a few flaws... (not hating on the mod, just pointing out a few major things that I consider wrong)

Thank you for being so detailed with your findings.  I keep meaning to post here with a couple of the things I found while testing the dialogue revamp and I'm sorry that I haven't gotten to it until now.  I just remembered one of the issues I saw was that DN does pull named NPC's, but I didn't have a chance to investigate if it was placing a copy or not.  That is unfortunate that it is a live NPC.

I think that DN can be in a load order where someone is questing, provided it is set up a specific way, but it has to be watched a bit more than other mods, and the MCM menu configured in specific ways that I haven't fully deciphered yet.  Here are some suggestions in order to perhaps ease some of the issues that the mod currently has.

1. Make a save game before sleeping.

- This can not be overstated.  Don't rely on autosaves, or Exitsaves even ones where autosave when sleeping is enabled.  Always make a hard save before sleeping when using this mod.

- If you are on Survival mode, I Highly recommend using version 1d of Save Hot Key - ArchMod.  It has to be version 1.0d because 1c does not function.  So be sure to grab the right one.  The other mod I have found works very well is Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints With Hardcore Autosave.  And of course the venerable Survival Options but make sure that you are using full saves and not autosaves in the Save option of its MCM.

- The main purpose of having said save is if DN pulls something that would likely break a quest or other mod, you can finish the scene and open the console and use

qqq

to quit without saving.

2. You can use this mod in the same load order as Sexual Harassment, but you should turn approaches off in the SH MCM prior to sleeping

- One problem that can occur is that SH approaches can and will happen while the PC is sleeping, and therefore things can go a bit haywire.  If you accidently leave approaches on, and talk to the NPC from SH, and the DN NPC spawns, and stuff breaks, you may just need to use the Reset command in the DN MCM to get it back on track.  Leaving the settlement and returning should reset the approach NPC from SH.  But you can always just revert to your save if you aren't sure.

3. To avoid combating guests that spawn as "enemy", set the [Base Setting] 'Delay timer after scene ends' slider all the way to 60.  This should give them enough time to leave / de-spawn after the scene, but requires that you submit to them.  Don't choose to fight named NPC's unless you know that they aren't used in any quests or are willing to revert to your save.

4. For the highest compatibility with all mods, Turn the guest flag to friends only.  I believe this should be OK as far as not breaking other quest mods but you will get less dialogue variances.  Alternatively you can have both, or enemies toggled and not have Humans turned on (Unless there's a quest objective somewhere in your game that involves a synth or bloatfly etc)

5. The [Base Settings] 'Dialoge awaiting timer' seems to reset itself back to 60 when closing the MCM and opening it again. 

- I have a theory that the setting may actually take affect anyway until you open the MCM again, but my tests were inconclusive.  I was trying to test this because sometimes the guests would try to spawn but not be found, or they would spawn and not talk to me.  Using the reset command in the MCM, making a save and reloading the game seemed to fix that more reliably.

6. If you get an "init" message in the upper left, it means that no animation exists for the scenario that DN is trying to call up.

- It will fall back typically to a scenario that it can do.  FOr example, if 2 Mr. Handy's spawn, and your PC is female, there's no Handy + Handy + Female animation.  This results in the Init error and just a scene between 1 of the Mr. Handy's and the PC.

7. If you sleep at odd hours sometimes, but want the mod to always have the chance to activate regardless of whether it's actually night time, set the (Base) Start to 0 and the End to 24

8. Militia Deserters from the mod Raider Gangs Extended have their Aggression flag set to Frenzied, which I think is a mistake.  I've changed that flag in my copy of RGE to Very Aggressive which should fix the issue, but basically what happens is a Militia Deserter will spawn, not have dialogue and be agro to everyone in range, and if you are near friendlies they will kill the Deserters and cause DN to potentially give the "Interlocutor" error message and reset itself

I think those were all the things I had so far, but I will try to keep this post updated if I find anything else of note.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
54 minutes ago, Slorm said:

@Sgt. Marge

To add to the above here are some of my findings as well regarding NPC spawns (on previous page) https://www.loverslab.com/topic/143870-aaf-dangerous-nights/?do=findComment&comment=3629366

Thanks for reminding me about that post, I really need to go back through and re-read this entire thread again to refresh my memory.

Do you remember which guest option you had chosen at that time, Friends, Enemies or Both?  Because I was thinking about that post you wrote while I was testing, that someone had a problem getting synths and dogs.  What I found out was that it seemed if I chose the option for just "enemies" that now I do get synths.  At one point during my test, I had only enemies, and only supermutants enabled, and got dogs.  I tested it more than once and still got dog.  This was in Sanctuary, so there's no SM near there and I figured that the mod was just falling back to dog for some reason.  However I do have the mod "NPC's Travel" and wondered if that could ever effect a DN outcome.  Because I have seen SM patrol once at the big towers near the old ranger house next to the river and I was probably only level 4 at the time.

I have also gotten a bloatfly once, again with only Enemies chosen.

So there could be something to the guests option that prevents synths or dogs if you have it on friends.  When I had it on friends only but with everything enabled, I was consistently getting only humans and this 1 intelligent ghoul from Raider Gangs Extended, a female "Ghoul Beatnik".

When I tried testing near Diamond City, it was trying to give me mutants, but it was struggling.  I don't know if something else was going on at the time.  Also I had piper with me, and the one time I successfully got a SM to dialogue, there didn't seem to be a F+F+SM animation, so I just sort of fucked Piper in front of the mutant.  But that's a slight tangent and more of a problem with setting the number of guests vs the variety of currently available animations being limited.

• 4 weeks later...

Found another little fun issue.  If you open the MCM and toggle "Enable Mod" to OFF, but you have Companion as Raper toggled ON, then this event will still occur.  I verified this in 2 different save files / characters.  So if you want to prevent DN from firing when using SH, you'll want to toggle those companion flags Off as well.

Edited by Sgt. Marge

Is the fact that "guests" always spawn when you sleep in Dugout Inn despite having towns set to 0 a bug or a feature? Because I had super mutants spawn in there few times and then they went on a rampage, killing half the NPCs before suddenly disappearing. Had to turn the mod off completely while sleeping there as it made no sense. 

Is Dugout Inn considered a dungeon?

Edit: I also had them spawn inside Nuka Ride's apartment. 

Edited by belegost
On 6/8/2022 at 3:37 AM, belegost said:

Is the fact that "guests" always spawn when you sleep in Dugout Inn despite having towns set to 0 a bug or a feature? Because I had super mutants spawn in there few times and then they went on a rampage, killing half the NPCs before suddenly disappearing. Had to turn the mod off completely while sleeping there as it made no sense. 

Is Dugout Inn considered a dungeon?

Edit: I also had them spawn inside Nuka Ride's apartment. 

It is a problem.  I think I solved it by changing the toggle in Base Setting > 'Setting for Guest Type' to only friends when in there.  that *should* get you neutral NPC's but if it doesn't then the only other solution is to just disable DN when in Duggout Inn / Hotel Rexford

I also recommend setting Delay Timer After Scene Ends to 60 when using Enemy's as that usually gives them enough time to get away before agro.  At least, in the out door areas.  It should work for indoor also I hope.

Nuka Town Market also had an agro issue when a settler spawned in there from DN.  They killed him...  After that happened I turned DN off in Nuka World when I was doing JB's Nuka Ride because I didn't want to mess up the quest.

38 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

It should work for indoor also I hope.

It doesn't. Big guy got stuck on furniture, raiders tried to walk into walls and ghouls just roamed aimlessly unable to find exit. Usual Bethesda NPC fuckery.

Yes, I have slept there enough times to verify all those mentioned above.

Edited by belegost
4 minutes ago, belegost said:

It doesn't. Big guy got stuck on furniture, raiders tried to walk into walls and ghouls just roamed aimlessly unable to find exit. Usual Bethesda NPC fuckery.

Yes, I have slept there enough times to verify all those mentioned above.

Oh well :(  I guess the best thing is to turn off DN when inside populated cells with sleeping arrangements.  (Or at least try the friends only setting?) Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
21 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I guess the best thing is to turn off DN when inside populated cells with sleeping arrangements.

Actually turn it off BEFORE entering a cell. Otherwise weird stuff happens.

Yesterday, I rented a room in Dugout Inn, then went to MCM and turned Dangerous Nights off before sleeping. After waking up, I had a brief fade to black as if the mod had activated, but nothing happened so I left to do other things. Next time I came into Dugout Inn I found a raider T-posing in front of the bed in room 2. I was unable to target him, interact or do anything, he was even immune to "disable" command with some debug message stating that it was an invalid object or something like that. However the room became unusable as I kept getting a message "can't sleep while there are enemies nearby" and my character started freaking out when in his vicinity (she has a massive PTSD with Raiders thanks to Sex Attributes). It made Dugout Inn unusable, as even forced cell reset would not get rid of the guy.

And since I'm playing on Survival there was no previous save to go back to. So yeah, no sleeping in Dugout Inn anymore.

45 minutes ago, belegost said:

Actually turn it off BEFORE entering a cell. Otherwise weird stuff happens.

Yesterday, I rented a room in Dugout Inn, then went to MCM and turned Dangerous Nights off before sleeping. After waking up, I had a brief fade to black as if the mod had activated, but nothing happened so I left to do other things. Next time I came into Dugout Inn I found a raider T-posing in front of the bed in room 2. I was unable to target him, interact or do anything, he was even immune to "disable" command with some debug message stating that it was an invalid object or something like that. However the room became unusable as I kept getting a message "can't sleep while there are enemies nearby" and my character started freaking out when in his vicinity (she has a massive PTSD with Raiders thanks to Sex Attributes). It made Dugout Inn unusable, as even forced cell reset would not get rid of the guy.

And since I'm playing on Survival there was no previous save to go back to. So yeah, no sleeping in Dugout Inn anymore.

Oh that sucks.  Well you may already be aware of this mod, and maybe you won't want to use it, but I have found it to be an absolute lifesaver on survival mode along with Survival Options.  Archmod Save Hot Key version 1d https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27439

I'll save my rant for why I hate the autosave mechanic and forcing it to be used in survival mode for another time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Idea... Day and Night MCM

Day... MCM

- Set times for Day 

- Set Creatures that can spawn

- Set Chances

- Free For All... every creature works together to Rape Nora.   It's a Violate MCM feature ( allow mutual aggressive hostiles )

Night... MCM

- Set times for Day 

- Set Creatures that can spawn

- Set Chances

- Free For All... every creature works together to Rape Nora.   It's a Violate MCM feature ( allow mutual aggressive hostiles )

Possible set-up...

During the day, you have a high chance of Humans and Supermutants

During the night, the nocturnal creatures come out. Not realistic, but you could have Dogs, Bears, Ghouls, Synths.

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2022 at 12:46 PM, Kanlaon said:

I know the FO4 mod see you sleep, but I do not use it at the moment. See you sleep is no longer supported from the mod author. Besides that the MCM of see you sleep is done

using the pip boy. When everything is removed from the player like in mods RSE CSA this makes trouble since than the menu is no longer available.

The other mod with the possibility "See you sleep" (forgot the name) has too many other features, which I really do not need.

When I remember right the mod version in skyrim goes were well with similar mods there that make it possible to see the player sleep.

For LE good working version was "Go to bed" but for SE "Another sleep mod" .

A perfect solution for "AAF dangerous nights" should support both features :)

The other mod like "See you sleep" is "Sleep Intimate". I was trying it out for a few days. It has a lot of interesting features, but the bed usage is a bit buggy and the menu doesn't play display well with FallUI-HUD. I never was able to figure out half the features like how to designate beds, or make out on the pool table. However, I did like the sleeping effects and the nice beds that came with the mod. Undressing was a bit buggy but it's configurable through an elaborate set of steps. Sadly the more interesting immersive bed animations don't trigger the sleep functions that call Dangerous Nights. 

I was able to find "See you sleep" via a rather cryptic reddit post:

On 10/1/2022 at 6:41 AM, lavatube said:

The other mod like "See you sleep" is "Sleep Intimate". I was trying it out for a few days. It has a lot of interesting features, but the bed usage is a bit buggy and the menu doesn't play display well with FallUI-HUD. I never was able to figure out half the features like how to designate beds, or make out on the pool table. However, I did like the sleeping effects and the nice beds that came with the mod. Undressing was a bit buggy but it's configurable through an elaborate set of steps. Sadly the more interesting immersive bed animations don't trigger the sleep functions that call Dangerous Nights. 

I was able to find "See you sleep" via a rather cryptic reddit post:

When I remember my short test with See you sleep,  this mod is intended form NPC's but not for the player. "Sleep  intimidate"  also only teleports the player directly into the bed  as far as what i have tested,

Anyway meanwhile I have created a mod  "Go to sleep" by myself.

With my mod you can see the  player going to the bed and lay down. When the player is  visibly lying  in the bed either you can sleep or get up again.

Only  these  2 features for the moment can only be done using a hotkey with a selection menu.

Whenever I try to use the normal activation functions together with an additional "perk event - add activation choice" it does not work, but I am not sure if my  game save  is already bugged.

I had included a feature to define a sleeping dress already. For the sleeping dress some devious devices are also possible and can make sense (belt, blindfold !). But for this feature you must have the keys !

Also I had a solution implemented for the bad camera view, when the player is lying in bed including support for the mod "custom camera" on Nexus.

One additional feature in my "Go to sleep"  is  "Sleeping on the ground" (with some restrictions). Basically now the player can sleep

everywhere, what can be useful in survival mod. - ( Sleep on the ground simply uses an invisible sleeping bag)

For regular beds and sleeping bags the animation does not always play. Until now I have no idea why,  maybe if the beds are standing too close to other furniture so that the starting point for the lay down animation is not  reachable or maybe the AI-package for the player simply is not suited.

Dangerous nights, I thought to test it again, but i thought of some other  outcomes or "unpleasant events", therefore I have maked a lot of experiments with the followers,

but the only thing that can be used for now is to let the follower wait and after the event is finished let the follower follow the player again.

A lot of ideas.

If it is for interest I could upload an alpha version for testing purposes only

Edited by Kanlaon
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm, by accident I've seen this function in the mod:

function RestartSleepingCatch(string sReason, bool bModRestart)

Dtrace("Restarting sleeping catch by " + sReason + " request")

if isFadeoutStarted

Game.FadeOutGame(False, True, 0.0, 1.0, False)

isFadeoutStarted = false

endif

if bModRestart

Dtrace("Mod restarting...")

int index = 0

while index < DN_Script_Main.UnconsciousActorsList.length

actor UnconsciousNPC = DN_Script_Main.UnconsciousActorsList[index]

if UnconsciousNPC

UnconsciousNPC.setUnconscious(true)

endif

if UnconsciousNPC.getValue(ProtectronPodStatus) == 1

UnconsciousNPC.setValue(ProtectronPodStatus, 0)

endif

index += 1

endwhile

while index < DN_Script_Main.ValidRapersActors.length

actor RaperNPC = DN_Script_Main.ValidRapersActors[index]

-------------------------------------------

The seco nd while loop will have a starting index equal to DN_Script_Main.UnconsciousActorsList.length !

Maybe an assignment

index = 0

is missing between the 2 while blocks ???  (In most common cases)

• 4 weeks later...

TESTING LATEST DANGEROUSNIGHTS DIALOG REVAMP----BUG REPORT

Ok, as per origional mod, after each night visitor I get minor bugs;

1), my left mouse button does not fire my weapon without a reboot of the game. 

2) I cannot use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out either without reboot of game. 

First test of latest dialog revamp was excellent, no typos, much better dialog in general;  but, the mouse wheel bug, and left mouse fire button still broken after the scene.  Cannot zoom in and out of 1st /3rd person.

Anyhow, love this mod, excellent idea and function, people should try it.  The first time Strong woke me up, or my pet Gorilla dominated me was so cool man.  Fills a "realistic" void that is lacking in the game.  Even my male companions express sexual frustration.  Awesome mod, keep it up.  This is the great BEAST MASTER being woke up by my pet Gorilla , "LuLu".  Claimed he owns me with REVAMPED DIALOG

Last BUG REPORT;  the gorilla kept animations going for some 15 or 20 seconds after the 90 maximum set in the mod.  Perhaps its because ALL my other AAF mods have 120 second time set.

ScreenShot3547.png

Edited by Daangerousda

DAY 2 TESTING DANGEROUSNIGHTS DIALOG REVAMP :  Again, several guests, and the dialog is flawless, grammar is good, sentences complete and much better than prior version.  Its is a bit strange that dogs , gorillas, deathclaws, etc, can speak english though.  Seems that something like this; "Your awoken by a dangerous sounding growl and the sensation and sound of your cloths and bedding  being ripped off your body", or some such thing

Edited by Daangerousda