[mod] Kurin RJW edition

Heya! Still love your work. One suggestion, 'though. Please edit your first post with a changelog spoiler so one can see easily if there were any changes recently. Currently I am building my next modlist and tried to see if there were any changes on my favorite fox den. Regarding Github there seem to be none since May, but I saw in your suggestion thread that you managed to cross out some of your agenda.

• 2 weeks later...

It's me again. I feel like I always keep wishing. I hope you understand how gratefull I am for your work and if I could draw a straight line I would provide you with the artwork needed, but I am ungifted as hell.

Anyway:

We need tribal apparell for our foxgirls. and Gas masks and Rimatomics hazmats and Save Our Ship 2 EVA Suits.

Edit: You know what? I gonna try. Have made a really scrumpy texture (south north east) for a tribal underwear and now I try to add it to your mod. For starters to learn the method.

I've created the folder with 3 textures (no alternates for now) and added the node in defs/apparel/apparel_underwear.

just copied the prude_underwear and customized it:

Spoiler

<ThingDef ParentName="Kurin_UnderwearBase">
    <defName>Kurin_Underwear_Tribal</defName>
    <label>kurin tribal underwear</label>
    <description>Rough fur cuts to cover a Kurin's privates.</description>
    <graphicData>
        <texPath>Kurin/Apparel/Underwear/Tribal_Underwear/Texture</texPath>
    </graphicData>
    <apparel>
        <wornGraphicPath>Kurin/Apparel/Underwear/Tribal_Underwear/Texture</wornGraphicPath>
    </apparel>
    <comps>
        <li Class="Garam_AdvancedApparel.AdvancedApparelCompProp">
            <randomTextureWhenWorn>
                <li>Kurin/Apparel/Underwear/Tribal_Underwear/Texture</li>
            </randomTextureWhenWorn>
        </li>
    </comps>
</ThingDef>

But my creation doesn't show up. It should be addable via Character Editor but there simply is no "Kurin tribal underwear".

So... how do I get it into your mod? To see if it fits?

Texture_Female_south.png

Texture_Female_east.png

Texture_Female_north.png

@CYFire You need a fourth texture, the "Texture" file (used for the item texture, like when it's sitting on the ground or in menus). I copied the south texture for that. Then I scaled the south texture to 190 pixels like the other directional textures, so it's a bit more blurry than the others. There are some holes in the textures, I dunno if they're supposed to be there or not. Oh and there was a smudge above the bra on the south texture. You can also comment out the <comps> section until you use the random texture thing.

So in short, you need the 4th texture file (128 pixels). The south directional file needs to be remade/re-scaled to 190 pixels. They fit and look OK other than some minor things you can touch up.

Spoiler

Pic1.PNG

Pic2.PNG

Pic3.PNG

Pic4.PNG

Pic5.PNG

Pic6.PNG

Pic7.PNG

Wow thank you.

As ugly as it is, I am kinda proud. First visual mod ever.

And considering me shouting at GIMP yesterday past my regular shedule it's... well, something.

I have read Chicken Pluckers Tutorial by now and gonna redo the thing this weekend.

Also I thought about it, it's more like a on-skin layer so nobody would squeeze a kurin hot pants over that.

Might need something more minimalistic as tribal underwear?

Also it would be great if I could add a tier0 kurin apparell, so you wouldn't need any research to make it. 'cause whats the point in fur pants if you could have silk ones instead...

But thanks for the great advise.

EDIT: OMG I am so dumb. Couldn't get it running because I was altering my Kurin backup folder, not my Kurin gamemod folder. Don't overextend your bedtime, you're to old for that...

I did it. And it works. Yes.

So, I am no van Gogh and no Chicken Plucker, but I think it looks decent enough. For crappy tribal wear, anyway.

I've made a tribal underwear and a tribal 2piece, both with the known variants of no_tops and no_bottoms. (By the way, I thought it was a bug that my regular HAF Kurin always glitched trough their clothing. Now I see it's not a bug, it's a feature^^)

I think I just gonna drop both texture packs here... if anyone is interested...

Preview:

Spoiler

Tribal_Kurin_South.JPG.17d493ff503a34838bd9fe4f473d5c21.JPG

Tribal_Kurin_North.JPG.719de1325c8855523dcd167172f3d869.JPGTribal_Kurin_East.JPG.178106b8656b6b090a208c3f54e4746f.JPG

Now it would be great if I could figure out how to make the tribal apparell independent from research.

But that's for another day.

Tribal_Underwear.7z Tribal_2Piece.7z

That looks great! I've been a bit distracted from working on kurin... sorry for the lack of updates/communication from me. I haven't given up on it. I have a test version that has just been sitting unfinished for months. The goal is to remove the dependency of advanced apparel (it doesn't work as well as i like and lacks customization). I would totally be down with adding tier 0 apparel. I have basic enough knowledge of xml that I could easily add the new apparel. At the moment I've been quite unmotivated due to a glitch within rimworld that makes apparel layering fuck up and things render wrong. So again, sorry for the lack of activity.

3 minutes ago, MaroonToon said:

That looks great! I've been a bit distracted from working on kurin... sorry for the lack of updates/communication from me. I haven't given up on it. I have a test version that has just been sitting unfinished for months. The goal is to remove the dependency of advanced apparel (it doesn't work as well as i like and lacks customization). I would totally be down with adding tier 0 apparel. I have basic enough knowledge of xml that I could easily add the new apparel. At the moment I've been quite unmotivated due to a glitch within rimworld that makes apparel layering fuck up and things render wrong. So again, sorry for the lack of activity.

Did you find out anything about this glitch? Seems i have the same problem in my mod too

1 hour ago, S16+ said:

Did you find out anything about this glitch? Seems i have the same problem in my mod too

I have no clue how to fix it. What makes it so frustrating is that it works half the time. if you equip apparel in different orders and with different pawns, you get different results. The only thing I know for sure is that the problems start from 5 to 7 apparel items equipped. Setting layer offsets does nothing and sometimes apparel will clip into each other. happens with the body armor and shell apparel. The worst problem i've had so far is the scarf showing over the head. I've considered just removing it entirely.

12 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

I have no clue how to fix it. What makes it so frustrating is that it works half the time. if you equip apparel in different orders and with different pawns, you get different results. The only thing I know for sure is that the problems start from 5 to 7 apparel items equipped. Setting layer offsets does nothing and sometimes apparel will clip into each other. happens with the body armor and shell apparel. The worst problem i've had so far is the scarf showing over the head. I've considered just removing it entirely.

Did you try vanilla layers xpatching? I think this could be the way but don't have time to test it myself now
Also Vanilla Apparel Expanded seems not to have this problem, so it could be worthy to study it's code

3 hours ago, S16+ said:

Did you try vanilla layers xpatching? I think this could be the way but don't have time to test it myself now
Also Vanilla Apparel Expanded seems not to have this problem, so it could be worthy to study it's code

i'll give it a look, but I don't have much practice with xpath yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 10:39 PM, MaroonToon said:

Not sure if it is the same category, but in my game I often see bras hovering in the neck area and pantyhose hovering over body. So far I did not find a fix no matter what equipping sequence I try

On 8/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, LordIron said:

Not sure if it is the same category, but in my game I often see bras hovering in the neck area and pantyhose hovering over body. So far I did not find a fix no matter what equipping sequence I try

I'm guessing this is because Kurin are scaled differently from humans, which most clothing mods use as a baseline, similar issues occur with hair mods.  I don't know much about the engine so I can't say I know why things don't scale together, especially when there's a setting for it, it might be added by HAR so it has to be added manually rather than taken care of by the engine natively.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank u so much for the update sir,love u.Now the dragongirl is my last puzzle to 1.2.

Anyway,i have a question about the mod.

If u used camera+ i think u can see a circle around the eye3(the photo1),it looks like a draft when the art drawing the face but he forgot to clean it when he finish.

I never used other version of Kurin so i am not sure is this the problem only on Rjw version,but few days before i see this photo on the workshop.

It look like he fix that circle,anychance that maybe u could do it too?

And i see the another post u need suggestion too,if u don't mind,i think a storyteller and some new eyes and clothes will be good.

(i don't know,maybe this shouldn't be do by a rjw version author lol.)

528707030_bandicam2020-08-0416-48-23-549.jpg.66068e679749692e29dee0d72ae21d81.jpg

2156596056_preview_Preview22.png

1 hour ago, qwe123qweqweqwe said:

Thank u so much for the update sir,love u.Now the dragongirl is my last puzzle to 1.2.

Anyway,i have a question about the mod.

If u used camera+ i think u can see a circle around the eye3(the photo1),it looks like a draft when the art drawing the face but he forgot to clean it when he finish.

I never used other version of Kurin so i am not sure is this the problem only on Rjw version,but few days before i see this photo on the workshop.

It look like he fix that circle,anychance that maybe u could do it too?

And i see the another post u need suggestion too,if u don't mind,i think a storyteller and some new eyes and clothes will be good.

(i don't know,maybe this shouldn't be do by a rjw version author lol.)

528707030_bandicam2020-08-0416-48-23-549.jpg.66068e679749692e29dee0d72ae21d81.jpg

2156596056_preview_Preview22.png

The visual mess around the eyes is a result of how i've rendered them, they're an addon so they don't use the skin color
I could look into making a storyteller, shouldn't be too hard to learn
compatibility with that other mod, the kurin dlc thing, is impossible without big changes. i don't care for male kurin, but i could probably strip some of the other changes from it.

1 hour ago, MaroonToon said:

Don't look at me. Garam was a mess

Is this about the Dragon Grils or the 9 tail fox grils? I don't even know anymore. I don't blame you. I'm sorry if I said anything offensive. 

Just.... Just please post checksums and timestamps about releases, so we don't grab the wrong version IN the forum message. Not if the 7z, Zip,Arc, Arj, Arg, etc.. you know what I mean. Again I'm sorry if it sounded like I somehow targeted you It was never my intention.. Listen everyone get's relaxed, lazy, sloppy sometimes.. I'm a huge offender of doing such things. Mostly, it's when I do free shit that people don't appreciate. I know that feeling well. and Again I'm sorry. 

What else can I say. Use a .dll if it will help solve issues.. but don't include .dll's if the mod doesn't 100% require it. that is dll. I wish you a wonderful night. AND BTW I am running your mod. for 1.1 and it seems to running okay. Thank you sir.

20 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

The visual mess around the eyes is a result of how i've rendered them, they're an addon so they don't use the skin color
I could look into making a storyteller, shouldn't be too hard to learn
compatibility with that other mod, the kurin dlc thing, is impossible without big changes. i don't care for male kurin, but i could probably strip some of the other changes from it.

Thanks for answering,so u mean the visual mess is uncleanable?Well thats sad.(that thing makes that eyes look very weird so i never use it,make the Kurin got less choice so looks like the same one lol)

And this remind me something,the Kurin race screenshot and the documentation(some translate thing u know)i seen shows Kurins will have a mood buff or debuff about the Kurin faction hostile and how many Kurin u have in ur colonies,but i didn't see it in the 300 hour that i play with ur mod,did u remove it?

I know it sounds weird to suggest a rjw version author making some new art thing,but i don't know,new eyes faces and clothes for that race,maybe a race storyteller or some race faction,i think thats usually a race mod can have,race thing u know. 

And about the dlc thing,i don't want to use it because it add too much things and uncustomable,is like i don't like his ship his male Kurin his change on the vanilla Kurin but i like the new faces,i only can tack part of it,so i hope that without big changes doesn't mean u will patch two mod to one or something......

Anyway,thank u.

5 hours ago, qwe123qweqweqwe said:

Thanks for answering,so u mean the visual mess is uncleanable?Well thats sad.(that thing makes that eyes look very weird so i never use it,make the Kurin got less choice so looks like the same one lol)

And this remind me something,the Kurin race screenshot and the documentation(some translate thing u know)i seen shows Kurins will have a mood buff or debuff about the Kurin faction hostile and how many Kurin u have in ur colonies,but i didn't see it in the 300 hour that i play with ur mod,did u remove it?

I know it sounds weird to suggest a rjw version author making some new art thing,but i don't know,new eyes faces and clothes for that race,maybe a race storyteller or some race faction,i think thats usually a race mod can have,race thing u know. 

And about the dlc thing,i don't want to use it because it add too much things and uncustomable,is like i don't like his ship his male Kurin his change on the vanilla Kurin but i like the new faces,i only can tack part of it,so i hope that without big changes doesn't mean u will patch two mod to one or something......

Anyway,thank u.

I can fix the visual mess. Have an idea for it that i'll try.
yes i removed that annoying debuff for going to war with the kurin faction and having non kurin. i thought it was annoying and unnecessary.

I'll look at the things that "DLC" adds and steal some of the things i like.

10 hours ago, HiShmexDrive said:

Is this about the Dragon Grils or the 9 tail fox grils? I don't even know anymore. I don't blame you. I'm sorry if I said anything offensive. 

Just.... Just please post checksums and timestamps about releases, so we don't grab the wrong version IN the forum message. Not if the 7z, Zip,Arc, Arj, Arg, etc.. you know what I mean. Again I'm sorry if it sounded like I somehow targeted you It was never my intention.. Listen everyone get's relaxed, lazy, sloppy sometimes.. I'm a huge offender of doing such things. Mostly, it's when I do free shit that people don't appreciate. I know that feeling well. and Again I'm sorry. 

What else can I say. Use a .dll if it will help solve issues.. but don't include .dll's if the mod doesn't 100% require it. that is dll. I wish you a wonderful night. AND BTW I am running your mod. for 1.1 and it seems to running okay. Thank you sir.

Woah woah, chill out. no worries! I'm not offended.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by checksums and timestamps. I put the details about what changed in the post.

I have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to .dll. I included one because it re adds the noose trap into the game. i have no idea what you're talking about with "issues"
if there are issues, then let me know. I don't recommend you use garam at all because it is a broken mess and ultimately incompatible with RJW. hence why I made this version

WARNING
I may have left a bug in the most recent version and i won't be near my computer for a while. if you see pink boxes on a pawn, then use character editor or something to remove the kurin apparel they're wearing!

here is the fixed race XML.
place in

Race.xml
Place in 1.1\Defs\Race and overwrite
Race.xml
Place in 1.2\Defs\Race and overwrite

16 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

I can fix the visual mess. Have an idea for it that i'll try.
yes i removed that annoying debuff for going to war with the kurin faction and having non kurin. i thought it was annoying and unnecessary.

I'll look at the things that "DLC" adds and steal some of the things i like.

Sounds cool,thanks!

I think the debuff depends on people its a "empathy" thing.Some people have a mood control may think it sucks some may think it good makes Kurin more,um,more "Kurin"?

Well its up to you.

About the Garam Soronarr talking,it doesn't need right?That Garam, Race Addon,i think i didn't use it because the mod said its imcompatibility with rjw(or rjw Kurin?i forget it),but i used Garam, Advanced Apparel cause the mod said its need.

i don't really sure what that mod is for but both of them its unupdate yet(in the workshop),if any of them is needed,is it fine to use the 1.1 version on 1.2?