[mod] Kurin RJW edition

9 hours ago, FoxyNova said:

What about the boys from it which are really the big addition? Think you could negotiate some fox boys with it? Sorry.

I'm not sure if i'll add them. Here's why
Pros
++would fill the gap formed by kurin fathers
+could have some made up lore about male kurin with large harems or something like that
+more diversity i guess
Cons
--Lack support for most of the apparel
-Don't fit with the lewd theme (textures lack genitals)
-Personal preference (i always run female/futa colonies)

On 9/4/2020 at 1:46 PM, george962002 said:

OK, I did some experiment and found out every faction, race except Federation faction (from Rimsenal: federation mod) and Rakkle race (Snekgirl mod) works/spawns fine.

Only these two faction/race spawns with Kurin underwears which causes pink boxes to appear.

---edit---

Nevermind, didn't know this was updated already! Thanks for fast response man!

Using mod 1.1.4 and latest RW patch, problem is still there for me - spawning with Kurin bras on occasional basis. As of races, it seems to be everyone including humans. 

Not sure if it effects anything, but the only apparel-related mod I have is Awesome Inventory.  

On 9/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, LordIron said:

Using mod 1.1.4 and latest RW patch, problem is still there for me - spawning with Kurin bras on occasional basis. As of races, it seems to be everyone including humans. 

Not sure if it effects anything, but the only apparel-related mod I have is Awesome Inventory.  

On 9/21/2020 at 7:02 AM, Fruitvlieg said:

For me I get only a purple box on the  stripped stockings :d  no clue why , I just forbid it in the clothing options and problem solved :D

I'll look into this

On 9/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, sddf880 said:

does facial expression function works with this HAR ported ver? I hardly recognized it.

Nope, Garam has built in support for facial animations. HAR does not.

2 hours ago, BurnedBread17 said:

https://gyazo.com/01aab75a80720c7111891544610a7101

When I used the prepare carefully mod, the clothes are gone, showing up these when trying to get them Kurin apparel

DO NOT USE PREPARE CAREFULLY. It breaks so many things within rimworld and the developer refuses to fix them
a good alternative is character editor.=Only issue is that the ui takes a while to learn.

2 hours ago, george962002 said:

Really enjoying this mod so far, but isn't Kurin's mental break threshold too low? It's 3%, which is 1/10 of normal human pawn's 30%. Is this working as intended?

don't look at me, that's how the original author made it. i'll likely tweak it in future because 3% is far too low and they only have extreme breaks if even that.

9 hours ago, FoxyNova said:

What about that thing where they get grumpy if there isn't enough of them from the main branch?

fuck that. just makes playing kurin frustrating as all hell. The main problem with the original is that there are 0 ways to get more kurin aside from going to war with the original faction, but then you get a massive mood penalty.
i removed that before i even converted it to HAR

Quick thing. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it (I didn't notice anything) but the Royalty faction is permanently hostile with the Kurin faction. I did a quick check online, and apparently there is some flag that needs to be updated. It's a little low on specifics, but I found the info here (steam forum)

Edit: Some additional checking and I found this on reddit. I'm giving it a try on my own, but I'm not entirely sure how to read the mod files, so I can't be 100% sure I got the faction name right from the files :P

Either way, this is what needs to go in a Patch xml. They recommend it in 1.2>Patches, which is where I'm tossing it, and obviously "Kurin_Player" will be whatever the player faction is called (assuming not that).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>
    <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
        <xpath>/Defs/FactionDef[defName="Empire"]/permanentEnemyToEveryoneExcept</xpath>
        <value>
            <li>Kurin_Player</li>
        </value>
    </Operation>
</Patch>

• 2 weeks later...

I'm attempting to get back into rimworld. If i do, you can expect a lot more updates and changes. Notably some of the stuff from that kurin add on mod thing.
I'm also thinking of changing the faction composition quite a bit. if i had more gear for them that would be excellent, but for now i'll have to make do.
Also, I might add another prerequisite. Apparel layering has been a fucking annoyance since i started working on this thing, so I'll just give in and for 1.2 forward I'll attempt to use a mod that aims to remedy that. (more details if i get around to it)
speaking of armor; i saw the primitive kurin apparel that someone had made and i'll try to integrate that in too.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for changes, then be sure to let me know. Because as I write this, I feel more and more inspired to get shit done.

54 minutes ago, ghostcum said:

Hello,

I've been trying all day to get this working again-- it was working fine for me yesterday and today its throwing errors

What am I missing? Here are the logs, I'm not running anything now but NSFW Kurin and its dependencies 

https://gist.github.com/18d79477be5e2fb35b04278be8d48d83

Thank you for creating and maintaining this mod I'm very grateful!

ah, just a change to how HAR reports errors. you can ignore it

On 10/17/2020 at 7:57 AM, MaroonToon said:

I'm attempting to get back into rimworld. If i do, you can expect a lot more updates and changes. Notably some of the stuff from that kurin add on mod thing.
I'm also thinking of changing the faction composition quite a bit. if i had more gear for them that would be excellent, but for now i'll have to make do.
Also, I might add another prerequisite. Apparel layering has been a fucking annoyance since i started working on this thing, so I'll just give in and for 1.2 forward I'll attempt to use a mod that aims to remedy that. (more details if i get around to it)
speaking of armor; i saw the primitive kurin apparel that someone had made and i'll try to integrate that in too.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for changes, then be sure to let me know. Because as I write this, I feel more and more inspired to get shit done.

please let me know if you gonna change apparel layer system in the next version 00

5 hours ago, S16+ said:

please let me know if you gonna change apparel layer system in the next version 00

Actually, since i'm including some of the stuff from the addon, i've added a leg layer. it doesn't effect anything other than pants rendering, it should be safe to ignore.
The next update should be somewhat soon, but depends on if i can get this damn nuzzle feature to work... OH, also i've set them so they can't wear anything other than their race restricted apparel, so if that'll cause some issues, then keep it in mind.

2 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

Actually, since i'm including some of the stuff from the addon, i've added a leg layer. it doesn't effect anything other than pants rendering, it should be safe to ignore.
The next update should be somewhat soon, but depends on if i can get this damn nuzzle feature to work... OH, also i've set them so they can't wear anything other than their race restricted apparel, so if that'll cause some issues, then keep it in mind.

ok, got it

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, GammaRadiatedCookie said:

New to modding Rimworld. Tried installing this mod but, I keep getting this error:

image.png.c77380dd5a167343dde862ba2dfda75b.png

Do you know what's wrong? I've got De-generalize work and the latest installment of this mod. I've placed it under the original RJW mod but, I don't think it's a load order issue.

ignore. it's harmless. just a change to how HAR reports things

On 11/2/2020 at 7:36 AM, GammaRadiatedCookie said:

New to modding Rimworld. Tried installing this mod but, I keep getting this error:

image.png.c77380dd5a167343dde862ba2dfda75b.png

Do you know what's wrong? I've got De-generalize work and the latest installment of this mod. I've placed it under the original RJW mod but, I don't think it's a load order issue.

When I remove some lines in race.xml, almost every errors are gone.

RJW Kurin - Error Patch.7z

I am, once again, running into an issue that feels like it's out of left field.  This time I'm getting a facial parts offset issue, the ears and eyes are much lower than they should be, ears tend to be just below the hairline and the eyes are on the bottom edge of their cheeks.

I thought it might be a new mod so I ripped everything out down to Hugs, Harmony, Alien Races, De-Generalize and Kurin.  The issue appears to be persisting even after that.  I'm going to go in and modify offsets manually to see if I can fix the issue at that end, but I figured that I should probably poke you to let you know it might be an issue.

Update: The cause is the most recent AlienRaces update, rolling back fixes the issue for now.

6 hours ago, DyrantCore said:

I am, once again, running into an issue that feels like it's out of left field.  This time I'm getting a facial parts offset issue, the ears and eyes are much lower than they should be, ears tend to be just below the hairline and the eyes are on the bottom edge of their cheeks.

I thought it might be a new mod so I ripped everything out down to Hugs, Harmony, Alien Races, De-Generalize and Kurin.  The issue appears to be persisting even after that.  I'm going to go in and modify offsets manually to see if I can fix the issue at that end, but I figured that I should probably poke you to let you know it might be an issue.

Update: The cause is the most recent AlienRaces update, rolling back fixes the issue for now.

Oh I was logging in just to report this, I'll roll back my alienraces for now then