[mod] Kurin RJW edition

On 1/27/2021 at 2:53 PM, trees said:

So for use with RJW, do I use this or do I use this version I found on Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2326430787

I believe that is the SFW version. So you may want to use the most recent version on here. If you use Royalty, make sure to grab the fix for the Empire faction to not be perma-hostile (unless the mod itself was updated with this, but last I checked it wasn't)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 3:30 PM, Bastolve said:

Thank you! You're legendary! Curious how someone found those textures. I was looking all round for a way to get those textures a long time ago and gave up. Thank you for lewding the foxes.

was the one to get the textures, at least originally.

initially, thew the file in HxD to see if there was a header or something of an obscure compression format, but then saw the "magic number" for a PNG file.
Copy+Paste all the text including it, to before the start of the next "magic number" resulted in a valid PNG. Started doing it manually, before thinking "there has to be a way to automate this", at which point I found out about Dragon UnPACKer, which took the file in and spat out a fuckton of PNG files.

From there, a lot of guess work for the folder structure and names, which were listed in another file. Got it mostly correct, but I messed some of the names up so parts didn't look correct (iirc ears were a big one, mixed up north/south and east/west a bunch).

(Months later, but better than never, maybe)

On 2/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, VeraDra said:

was the one to get the textures, at least originally.

initially, thew the file in HxD to see if there was a header or something of an obscure compression format, but then saw the "magic number" for a PNG file.
Copy+Paste all the text including it, to before the start of the next "magic number" resulted in a valid PNG. Started doing it manually, before thinking "there has to be a way to automate this", at which point I found out about Dragon UnPACKer, which took the file in and spat out a fuckton of PNG files.

From there, a lot of guess work for the folder structure and names, which were listed in another file. Got it mostly correct, but I messed some of the names up so parts didn't look correct (iirc ears were a big one, mixed up north/south and east/west a bunch).

(Months later, but better than never, maybe)

I'm not sure if i ever gave proper thanks for that. I really appreciate the effort you went through. although all of the textures are out in the open on garam kurin now. So finding the names of the last few items is possible.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:18 AM, qwe123qweqweqwe said:

start seeing humans spawning with kurin's apparel and having pink box bug,gloomy dress also having this problem too.

anybody knows how to avoiding apparel spawning with xml editing? like trait can avoiding with setting <commonality>0</commonality>.

That shouldn't be happening. you can stop it from happening by adding the apparel to the race restriction in race.xml 

it can be ignored?

========== Def-injected translations load errors (7) ==========
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Belt_Scarf to match Kurin_Belt_Scarf.description (Apparel_Belt.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_OnSkin_Pajamas to match Kurin_OnSkin_Pajamas.description (Apparel_OnSkin.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Slim to match Kurin_Underwear_Slim.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_White to match Kurin_Underwear_White.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Black to match Kurin_Underwear_Black.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Red to match Kurin_Underwear_Red.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Striped to match Kurin_Underwear_Striped.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)

On 3/1/2021 at 5:05 AM, Noque said:

it can be ignored?

========== Def-injected translations load errors (7) ==========
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Belt_Scarf to match Kurin_Belt_Scarf.description (Apparel_Belt.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_OnSkin_Pajamas to match Kurin_OnSkin_Pajamas.description (Apparel_OnSkin.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Slim to match Kurin_Underwear_Slim.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_White to match Kurin_Underwear_White.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Black to match Kurin_Underwear_Black.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Red to match Kurin_Underwear_Red.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)
Found no Verse.ThingDef named Kurin_Underwear_Striped to match Kurin_Underwear_Striped.description (Apparel_Underwear.xml)

yup can be ignored

13 hours ago, paulogabbi said:

anyone know if it is possible to patch a Garam kurin addon to Har kurin version ? because i found a good addon, sadly it is on Garam

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2156596056

would be easy to convert it, but i ain't gonna. all of the textures feel like they've been stripped from something else and i don't care for male kurin. only thing i like from it was maybe the skirts.

4 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

would be easy to convert it, but i ain't gonna. all of the textures feel like they've been stripped from something else and i don't care for male kurin. only thing i like from it was maybe the skirts.

quite sad but i understand, for me any kurin content is good content even if it is male kurins.

well thanks for creating this version, because Garam one is kinda bad..

• 4 weeks later...

Prepare carefully is incompatible with RJW as well.

edit:

Ups, sorry that's missunderstandable...

don't use prepare carefully as it is incompatible with RJW as well. Use CharacterEditor but i don't know if it brakes kurins .. as i'am not useing them, too many small things still open. (Wrong race in some quests, unusal behaviour with royalty etc.)

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 7:40 PM, MaroonToon said:

would be easy to convert it, but i ain't gonna.

Is there or will there be a "final" version of the work?

I'm torn between trying to real through all the threads here on LL; the main download page per project file, githubs and the random discord link someone is kind enough post here.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda in the reeds reading all the faqs and pulling on every "tale" (anthromorphic or not) to attempt to get things working.

Many of the faq sheets are starting to have links to cross-posts and other faqs that are starting to decay due to deprecations. :dissapointed:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...