12 hours ago, DocClox said:

The adoption script adopts children rather than babies, so that might explain it. The idea is that the babies grow to children, the kids get to run around the place for a day or two, and then the script adopts them so they don't take over the settlement.

Derp, well that explains it. ?

Also another issue that may be a bug or I'm just not aware of what triggers the change, but it seems like the breeder tattoo doesn't switch back to the 'fertile' mode after birth? Switching to 'knocked up' is not instantaneous, but reliable once I fast travel away and back. But someone after birth it seems to be stuck on 'knocked up' unless I go into the inventory and un/re-equip the tattoo.

1 hour ago, camistrie said:

Also another issue that may be a bug or I'm just not aware of what triggers the change, but it seems like the breeder tattoo doesn't switch back to the 'fertile' mode after birth? Switching to 'knocked up' is not instantaneous, but reliable once I fast travel away and back. But someone after birth it seems to be stuck on 'knocked up' unless I go into the inventory and un/re-equip the tattoo.

Damn. I had that, but I thought it was something I'd broken since the last release. I've been putting off looking at it.

The Fertile->Knocked Up transition catches the end of animation event from AAF. I deliberately kick the check a few seconds down the line to give all interested parties a chance to process and finish. There are some FPE events in the pipeline I believe that could make this a lot faster and more reliable. I've  been hoping I might see those before trying a fix.

I think it's just a timer not resetting for some reason. I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake.

3 hours ago, DocClox said:

The Fertile->Knocked Up transition catches the end of animation event from AAF. I deliberately kick the check a few seconds down the line to give all interested parties a chance to process and finish.

Would it matter how the breeding happens?

I have 4 main avenues:

1. the obedience training events from Just Business

2. the AAF speech/forced hotkey option

3. the AAF [home] key wizard

4. the IVF syringer from Wasteland Dairy

I didn't know the tattoo checks for the animation event so I've often times just skipped it or ended it early (e.g. by using [home] or the IVF syringer) but I'll pay some attention to whether that makes a difference.

5 hours ago, camistrie said:

Would it matter how the breeding happens?

4. the IVF syringer from Wasteland Dairy

If there's no sex animation, then there's no event, so that wouldn't trigger the check. They should also check every five minutes or so for a change in status, so it should pick up eventually ... but that's the same timer loop that's supposed to detect when they become fertile again, so it that's broken then it may not work here, either.

Stacking frames:

image.png

You place the base unit first, then the restraint layer can stack on top of that. The base units snap together, so you can make these things as high and as wide as you like. Only two deep though, otherwise there'd be no access to the inner cells.

Each restraint layer comes with a pair of little red fluorescent lights, clipped onto the bars with plastic snaps. I'm quite pleased with these scine they're not part of the base frame (making something both Furniture and a Light is problematic) but the automatically spawn and snap on when the restraint layer is placed.

image.png

I'm still fiddling with the light level.

image.png

I'm going to use the same system to auto place a harness on the girls when they enter the frame. I'm thinking similar to what I did with the wall cuffs...

image.png

... except with more stuff.

But first, I need to work out how to get those lights to switch on when placed. I'd like to make the framework need power and have the lights be free if the frame had power, but I have no idea how to do that). And I need to make the damn things glow again , since that broke when I cut down the subway lights to use a single tube, and I need to remake the restraint layer collision, since I borrowed the animation from CRX, so there's still a big, invisible laying cross sticking out of the cage there, and I keep getting stuck on it

I'm still not entirely convinced about the iron-to-flesh ratio in this thing... but it'll do for now.

I think the light levels are getting closer to what I want

image.png

... but those little strip lights are causing no end of pain. It's tricky enough to highlight one cage in a stack as it is, but now, the lights tend to highlight and further block access. Put a girl in the cage below and some cells become effectively unselectable.

I think I'm going to make the lights a static part of the frame, and place the light source the way I'm currently placing the strips. That should help a lot. That and  sorting out the damn collision.

image.png

Nope, I haven't been making vertical stacking frames. Although that might be an interesting thing to do...

image.png

But I have been making the lights depend on whether a cage is occupied or not. Girl gets in -> light goes on. Girl gets out -> light goes out.

@death Look what I got:

image.png

I worked out how to change the animation, but for some reason, the furniture didn't want to let go of the old one. I ended up rebulding the nif from file from a vault chair, once element at a time. Still don't know what was wrong with the old one.

This shot took a hell of a lot to set up.

image.png

Shortly after taking the shot in the last post, I made a bunch of minor changes and the animation stopped working. So I rolled the changes back and it still didn't work. So I rebuilt the frame from scratch and it still didn't work.

About four attempts later, I found it was the y-offset for the interaction point. I'd moved it back by 1.5 units and that put it inside the frame's collision. So the girls could never get to the the place they needed to start the animation. So I moved the point forward a bit, bent the frame to compensate, and suddenly it all works again.

image.png

The lights are built in, and you can set the color by activating the frame as the player. (You still get the option to use it normally). The idea is you can pick a color from a property array, but for reasons I don't understand, they seem to be cycling through the colors. I might leave it that way.

image.png

Not quite sure why the frames are sinking into the road, either. They didn't do it on concrete foundation. Maybe an origin CP will help. The frames snap together side to side, just to make it  easy to set up displays like this one.

image.png

I'm still not getting those arm sockets right either. I would have sworn I fixed that. 

image.png

The back's out too. I wonder if I corrected based on a girl who hand't properly settled into the animation. Oh well, easy enough to fix.

Other thing I got done today was I finally made my own RRS workshop menu rather than dumping all the bits in with the Torture Devices. So now I can start getting this lot ready for release. Before I get distracted by the Next Shiny Thing.

23 hours ago, DocClox said:

Other thing I got done today was I finally made my own RRS workshop menu rather than dumping all the bits in with the Torture Devices. So now I can start getting this lot ready for release. Before I get distracted by the Next Shiny Thing.

I know you've spent a lot of time making these new holders, but I'd definitely prefer the earlier model with full bodies.  Will you be releasing both versions?

38 minutes ago, tinkerbelle said:

I know you've spent a lot of time making these new holders, but I'd definitely prefer the earlier model with full bodies.  Will you be releasing both versions?

I can understand that.

There are full-body versions of the window cuffs, both upright and upnside down varieties. There isn't a full-body version of the stacking cages or the tubular framework, since they only really work for short people with restraint sockets grafted to the bone. Which isn't to say I might not do a full size cage module. The full body window cuffs don't work  double layered either. purely because there isn't room.

More generally, it's not my intention to turn this into an amputation fetish mod. I just get a touch of grasshopper mind sometimes. There will be more full-body stuff to come.

That said ...

image.png

I find myself rather looking forward to building a row of these three or four tiers high, randomizing the colors and taking a screenshot against a night sky.

Like I say: grasshopper mind.

Apropos what I was saying earlier about "grasshopper mind" ...

image.png

The plan is to make the central pole structure a static. You place that first using the workshop, and then snap the three sets of cuffs to the pole. That way you have three sets of furniture rather than one, and hopefully we can avoid the 3-pole problem where you can only assign one person to the structure at a time.

Also, I think I'll make a metallic gold skin replacer garment, so you can paint your captives, Goldfinger style and use them as living statuary. Because why not?

It's also possible to scale down the base and fit it all onto a balcony tile. So I might do that.

image.png

6 hours ago, DocClox said:

Apropos what I was saying earlier about "grasshopper mind" ...

/spoiler
image.png
/spoiler

The plan is to make the central pole structure a static. You place that first using the workshop, and then snap the three sets of cuffs to the pole. That way you have three sets of furniture rather than one, and hopefully we can avoid the 3-pole problem where you can only assign one person to the structure at a time.

Also, I think I'll make a metallic gold skin replacer garment, so you can paint your captives, Goldfinger style and use them as living statuary. Because why not?

It's also possible to scale down the base and fit it all onto a balcony tile. So I might do that.

Now you're talking (at least to me, I'm sure others like the amputees better).  :)    (I think I did the spoiler wrong, oh well)

I'm going to have to adjust the height a bit. Otherwise, I'm getting there...

image.png

1 hour ago, tinkerbelle said:

Now you're talking (at least to me, I'm sure others like the amputees better).  :)   

:)

Well. This is annoying.

image.png

In 3DS Max, she's leaning forward about 5-10 degrees - you can see it in the Blender screenies earlier.

In-game, the engine keeps correcting it so she's vertical.

Ack. Tomorrow.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 12:39 PM, DocClox said:

@death Look what I got:

image.png

I worked out how to change the animation, but for some reason, the furniture didn't want to let go of the old one. I ended up rebulding the nif from file from a vault chair, once element at a time. Still don't know what was wrong with the old one.

oh cool its works perfectly that will be a lot of fun thanks

Well, I did the gold skin paint. Now you can punish miscreants by turning them into attractive living statues.

image.png

Not sure about  the color - everything seems more saturated in-game, so it's difficult to judge.  The tats are effects and so show over the top of the gold paint. I am debating whether to use the normalmap to emboss a 24 Carat hallmark onto the right boob or something.

The gold effect is just a skinsuit, incidentally, craftable at a chemlab. It's not required. 

I'm faintly annoyed that the spotlight lit skin textures here look more metalic than the gold paint. Oh well, it's a WIP.

image.png

And the restraints finally line up.  Apparantly you can't lean a skeleton over if you just drag the bones around, but you can if you use the CAT rig. So I ended up importing the restraint into Max and then making a new pose to fit the cuffs. Bit of a learning curve there. I'm still not sure that one shoulder isn't a bit twisted, but I think I can live with it.

The base fits onto a balcony tile, so you can do things like this

image.png

I'll probably add some auto lighting before I'm done

I also squashed the StumpZ stands down so you can fit four on a balcony tile.

image.png

And if you stack them more than two high, the third layer is on a level with standard walls. They will also snap to floors and balconies,  so you can build  access gantries to let you girls reach the upper levels and from there you can build these as high as the workshop AI will allow.

image.png

That are some amazing looking restraints you got there, they are not in the current release aren't they. At least I didn't find them. 

I wanted to inform you that the breeder tattoos are not showing at all in my game. All the other tattoos work fine. Is there some more I can do to debug this or will I have to wait for another update?

1 hour ago, Zwiebel said:

That are some amazing looking restraints you got there, they are not in the current release aren't they

That's right. I'm working on getting the next release ready. Trouble is I have a few test esps that have grown beyond all measure, and putting it all back together takes a little care.

1 hour ago, Zwiebel said:

I wanted to inform you that the breeder tattoos are not showing at all in my game. All the other tattoos work fine. Is there some more I can do to debug this or will I have to wait for another update?

mmm... OK.  First thing is, they'll pregswap. So if the wearer isn't pregnant, they'll say "fertile" instead. I added a switch to turn that off, but it doesn't do anything yet.

Second ting to check: open up looksmemu ("slm <actor_id>" in the console) and see if it appears in the overlay menu. There should be four of them. The first one is "RRS Breeder" and is the old, monochrome version. The others are called "RRS Breeder Pink", "RRS Breeder Black" and "RRS Breeder White". See if they're there, then see if you can get them to apply manually.

Another WIP. This modelling business is addictive.

image.png

I'm not sure whether to mount that on the ground, or vertically up against a glass wall.

Is it wrong of me to want to mount it on castors so I could drag it along behind me?

47 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Another WIP. This modelling business is addictive.

image.png

I'm not sure whether to mount that on the ground, or vertically up against a glass wall.

Is it wrong of me to want to mount it on castors so I could drag it along behind me?

Maybe cut out that cross bar at the ankles - just in case you could get the split roast animation to work with it. With the right height for the mouth and ass...  the bicep clamp might limit a struggle animation....

And castors dragging behind with a small brahmin pack on the back is not so weird. Lol

I look forward to these postings.  The sky hook is also awesome.

John

2 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

I look forward to these postings.  The sky hook is also awesome.

Thank you kind sir! I confess, I hadn't considered the spit-roast potential. On the other hand, I like the look of strength it gives. I suppose I could always make the item configurable. Activate  it as a player and get a menu option, and from there specify the options for braces and clamps you want. I already do that withe the lights and the scaffolding for the bicycle stands,  so it shouldn't be too much trouble. Also it would be kind of cool.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking that those gold paint outfits are missing something, and 'Ive been trying to work out what.

image.png

How about a custom brainwashing headset? Suggestions and subliminals go in through the visor and ear caps. The gag doesn't do much to help, but it does keep her quiet. It's also got a nutrient spigot so you don't have to take it all apart to feed her. Unless you have her on a special diet, as often happens. I might make a ring gag version.

image.png

It's still a bit rough. There's the odd bit of clipping and misalignment that needs looking at, and it really needs one of @EgoBallistic's gag scriptssticking on it to force that jaw open.

image.png

Probably add a mic mesh to those ear caps. Not sure why  since they double as sensory deprivation items, but I suppose it's possible you want her to hear what you say. I think I'll add a glow map to that visor as well, to try and suggest that it's playing projecting dirty movies directly onto her retinas, 24/7.

38 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Thank you kind sir! I confess, I hadn't considered the spit-roast potential. On the other hand, I like the look of strength it gives. I suppose I could always make the item configurable. Activate  it as a player and get a menu option, and from there specify the options for braces and clamps you want. I already do that withe the lights and the scaffolding for the bicycle stands,  so it shouldn't be too much trouble. Also it would be kind of cool.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking that those gold paint outfits are missing something, and 'Ive been trying to work out what.

image.png

How about a custom brainwashing headset? Suggestions and subliminals go in through the visor and ear caps. The gag doesn't do much to help, but it does keep her quiet. It's also got a nutrient spigot so you don't have to take it all apart to feed her. Unless you have her on a special diet, as often happens. I might make a ring gag version.

image.png

It's still a bit rough. There's the odd bit of clipping and misalignment that needs looking at, and it really needs one of @EgoBallistic's gag scriptssticking on it to force that jaw open.

image.png

Probably add a mic mesh to those ear caps. Not sure why  since they double as sensory deprivation items, but I suppose it's possible you want her to hear what you say. I think I'll add a glow map to that visor as well, to try and suggest that it's playing projecting dirty movies directly onto her retinas, 24/7.

GoldFinger "gold" was more glittery ... sparkles - not flat paint gold.... that's what's missing  .... the gold was a tinge yellow, not butterscotch... :)

All you need is scream activated "insertables" or shock devices - use a trigger for that shock collar.  maybe an activated push button on the frame?

Oh, and dripping drool coming out of the black straw in the ball gag... down on the chest - like a cum layer - maybe mutant green or something - drool or gruel she ate for dinner (drool drain or liquid feeing process)

John