[mod] Sexbound Shoggoth Race Support

This support file is what made me even find out about this race yesterday, and I love them. I like how their body shape still makes them compatible enough with most clothes (the main thing drives me away from non-humanoid races). I have almost finished a ship built around what I feel like their overall aesthetic is so far, I had to mix and match some stuff from other mods. Some sort of BYOS compatibility would be cool, but this seems pretty new so whatever (and I have never made a mod before in my life so no clue how much work goes into this, sorry)

I am just psyched to have another race I am actually drawn to since I am so darn picky with races. I look forward to the day this grows with more furniture, blocks, and such.

Also is there a reason the kind of... ?ship door? they have takes up 3 X axis blocks instead of 2? It seems like it would fit in 2.

Sorry for the long post, it is just that this is the first race that has drawn my attention since like... Saturnians?

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, [insert name] said:

Well, I've downloaded the original mod (supposedly) and this mod but for some reason the race doesn't appear ingame. I'm kind of new to all this file modification stuff so I'd like to get some help since I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Well, shoot, i can't help without the logs though.

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

6 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, shoot, i can't help without the logs though.

I think the mod has been working the whole time, but the race just isn't appearing in the create character section (All the furniture and stuff is in the game). Do you know the spawn name for them just so I can confirm they actually exist ingame?

1 hour ago, [insert name] said:

I think the mod has been working the whole time, but the race just isn't appearing in the create character section (All the furniture and stuff is in the game). Do you know the spawn name for them just so I can confirm they actually exist ingame?

Just "shoggoth".

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, lindazana said:

Just a heads up, you may want to think about renaming the Shoggoth chest furniture item, as it seems to be causing a fatal error when ran with FU, as they seem to have their own shoggoth chest, now. 

That was fixed in the first week of release unless they renamed their chestpiece to conflict on purpose now.

I must have an older version of the shoggoth mod then, let me ensure it's up to date and report back findings later.

Yeah, getting the following error:

[18:36:48.696] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Object drop 'shoggothchest' shares name with existing item

with latest FU and shoggoth mod. My guess is he added in a furniture chest, and needed an alternative name to the chest-piece he already had.

1 hour ago, lindazana said:

I must have an older version of the shoggoth mod then, let me ensure it's up to date and report back findings later.

Yeah, getting the following error:

[18:36:48.696] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Object drop 'shoggothchest' shares name with existing item

with latest FU and shoggoth mod. My guess is he added in a furniture chest, and needed an alternative name to the chest-piece he already had.

image.png.aaf780ac5e13962343c0e6b4d68615cd.png

After FU, and to avoid other possible issues, all mod's items were renamed to include a prefix, to avoid conflicts. I don't know where you're getting the race mod from, but this was one of the earliest updates.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 5:22 AM, Judgementexe said:

mind being asked when this will be updated to have mindflayers in it?

I was actually about to ask if it already had support or not. ETA? I imagine you can just reuse a lot of the stuff from the main race since they're so similar.