SL Animation Loader not showing up in MCM

Problem: SL Animation Loader doesn't show up in game, at all.

The problem started a few weeks ago when I decided to switch from FNIS to Nemesis. I thought I fucked up, cause my character moved like a ghost. No animations, but floating around while leaning to the side I floated towards. I realize now that was me failing to install mods correctly in MO for some reason, but hey, shit happens. I decided to do what every normal human being would do and removed every single mod I had, only to reinstall them all again. Everything works fine now, except for 1 thing. SL Animation Loader, for some reason, just doesn't pop up in the MCM. I have all requirements, I triple double quadruple checked that already. I've tried reinstalling the mod itself, the requirements, the requirements of the requirements but no progress. Sexlab itself is working fine without flaws, JContainers works fine because it's required by other mods and they work fine. I have made new games with just SLAL and all it's requirements and it still doesn't show up, so it's likely not a mod conflict either. I have also tried to replace Nemesis with FNIS again but it still doesn't work then. SLAL is the only mod in my entire load order that does not only not work, it just straight up ignores me. I got rejected by a goddamn skyrim mod, how sad is that. Right now, I don't feel like reinstalling all my mods once again so if anyone has seen this before, or suspects they know what the fuck is is going on, please don't hesitate to reply, it'll be greatly appreciated, because I'm out of ideas.

thanks

1 hour ago, flutie said:

try this command setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1,

this should reload mcm menu, 

a few threads on the topic  

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6359211-what-could-cause-mods-to-not-show-up-in-mcm/

I've tried this already, didn't work for me.

It's basically a forced MCM update. It updates normally in game every few minutes or so. The problem is, it just doesn't register at all, because it never showed up in a ~20 hour playthrough I did last few weeks. Everything was installed but SLAL just refused to show up lol

The LL forum post is about an empty SLAL menu, but I don't even have a menu

The Nexus post is about mods missing in general, but SLAL is the only mod missing, if I add new mods the MCMs show up as well. It is just SLAL and only SLAL

Still, appreciate the help tho

On 4/13/2020 at 12:27 AM, coolfreaky said:

just willing to help .

you have checked and triple checked the requirements 

and i will ask you again to check the version of slal le / se.

and reinstall skse. le / se

reinstall JContainer 3.3 le/  4.1 se    directly to skse in skyrim/data/skse.

I'm playing on LE

SLAL is version 1.6.7, the latest one. This version is actually not found on the mod page itself but in the discussion page of it. I've tried the latest version on the page itself as well, which is 1.5.7, and it didn't work either.

Reinstalled JContainters, this time directly into the Skyrim directory

SKSE is reinstalled

Still nothing, all mods work perfectly fine, but SLAL doesn't even bother to show up in the MCM

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 3:17 PM, coolfreaky said:

you should post your load order !!!  

i do not know about what slal  you are talking about  ?  in any way  for me you need first  ' sexlab animation load 1.50 '  installed : https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2488-sexlab-animation-loader/ 

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
SkyUI.esp
FNIS.esp
Nemesis PCEA.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

JContainers installed, newest version from nexus

SKSE installed, version 1.7.3

Nemesis doesn't have a plugin, the FNIS plugin is a dummy one from Nemesis to be compatible with FNIS mods.

I've been narrowing down mods to see if it really wasn't a mod conflict, and this is the load order I am at now. But in this basic ass setup, there's still no SLAL in my MCM. I'm beginning to think I will have remove everything and do a total, clean, fresh install of Skyrim and just mod it again. But all the hours of setting up all my mods again seem unnecessary as it's just 1 mod that's giving me trouble. All of the requirements work, because when I install other mods with the same requirements they work fine as well. My modded setup is pretty stable given the fact it's a modded Bethesda game, crashing about once every ~5 hours with over 240 mods. I just don't know where to look anymore. I've been going through files and folders to look for a possible reason why it doesn't even load when I start up my game, but to no avail. Everything works, except SLAL. In fact, I've started a new playthrough about a week ago, because some people say it needs time to load, but I'm now 12 hours in and still no sign of SLAL.

I'm probably going to do a fresh install of Skyrim soon, but if you, or anyone knows a possible fix, don't hesitate.

Thanks

i see nemesis i see red !  ( not angry )  it is well known that nemesis is a beta and might create a lot of conflicts .

it might have change structure files or anything else and most of it i do not know ( i have tried nemesis and nothing went right  ).

may be someone here have installed it and might know anything .

try it without nemesis pcea  and see if something pops out (  you need to install fnis instead  or wait for update compatibilities  )

sorry for my ignorance and that i can not help you !!

4 hours ago, coolfreaky said:

i see nemesis i see red !  ( not angry )  it is well known that nemesis is a beta and might create a lot of conflicts .

it might have change structure files or anything else and most of it i do not know ( i have tried nemesis and nothing went right  ).

may be someone here have installed it and might know anything .

try it without nemesis pcea  and see if something pops out (  you need to install fnis instead  or wait for update compatibilities  )

sorry for my ignorance and that i can not help you !!

When I delete Nemesis and run animations through FNIS the menu still doesn't show up tho

5 minutes ago, ButWhyThough said:

When I delete Nemesis and run animations through FNIS the menu still doesn't show up tho

Assuming everything is currently running ok now, other than no SLAL in the MCM, start a new game, give it time to load all your mods. Do you now have SLAL in your MCM?

If so:-

Uninstall SLAL. Load your last working save. Let it load completely (people suggest waiting a few minutes to make sure, it can't hurt) Save again (Full Save, not Quick)

Clean that Save with ReSaver (on Nexus if not on here)

Load the clean Save

Make sure everything is working fine still. Save again. This is your Clean Save (or as clean as you can make it)

Reinstall SLAL. Load your Clean Save, wait for the new MCM message.

If not.

Fuck knows.

Also that floating ghost thing, people refer to that as T-Posing. Happens when you install or uninstall a mod with Animations and don't run FNIS. I'm guessing Nemesis requires something similar.

1 hour ago, Mez558 said:

Assuming everything is currently running ok now, other than no SLAL in the MCM, start a new game, give it time to load all your mods. Do you now have SLAL in your MCM?

If so:-

Uninstall SLAL. Load your last working save. Let it load completely (people suggest waiting a few minutes to make sure, it can't hurt) Save again (Full Save, not Quick)

Clean that Save with ReSaver (on Nexus if not on here)

Load the clean Save

Make sure everything is working fine still. Save again. This is your Clean Save (or as clean as you can make it)

Reinstall SLAL. Load your Clean Save, wait for the new MCM message.

If not.

Fuck knows.

Also that floating ghost thing, people refer to that as T-Posing. Happens when you install or uninstall a mod with Animations and don't run FNIS. I'm guessing Nemesis requires something similar.

The floating ghost thing has long been fixed, no problems there. It was a little more than just a T-Pose, but that is not the problem here.

I've started numerous new games and even let my PC run for like 2 hours while I did something else just to see if the MCM would pop up, but it didn't

I don't know what extra benefits a cleaned save will have on a new game, as it doesn't even show up there, no need to bother with old save files where it didn't load either.

1 hour ago, coolfreaky said:

you might need to install some mod animations (i do not see any in your short L Order )  for it to show up  ,

( and it might take a few minutes to show up in the MCM ) 

and you can try this MCM kicker : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795

I've tried adding animations as well, but I guess I'll just try again then

The mod kicker is nod needed, as the mod page itself states it's the same as typing "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" in the console, basically forcing SkyUI to update the MCM. However, I've tried that command every single time I test if the menu will show up and every time all mods get reloaded, except for SLAL

I think the problem is that it doesn't even get loaded into the game, for some reason. This would also explain why the menu never shows up.

may be in the load order you need to place it before or after  to get more priorities !

to do something like this :

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

SkyUI.esp

FNIS.esp

Nemesis PCEA.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp

XPMSE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

if this last thing does not work  !   nuke everything ☢️

7 hours ago, ButWhyThough said:

I don't know what extra benefits a cleaned save will have on a new game, as it doesn't even show up there, no need to bother with old save files where it didn't load either.

A clean save has no extra benefits which was why I said do this if the SLAL menu appears WITH a clean save. If it doesn't then creating a Clean Save won't help since the cleanest you can make is a New one. I couldn't see anywhere that you said you had done this hence I suggested it.

Don't know if this thread will help with running both FNIS and Nemesis.

Check out the second from last post from AsianBoy345. He describes (I think) what you were experiencing with character being ghost like and says this can be caused by over 13500 animations but I suspect other things can cause it to.

He also gives a guide to how to install both to run together. There's an alternative to this is the follow post.

I don't know that the issue with a conflict between FNIS and Nemesis but since they both do the same job and I've never had or seen anyone with a problem with SLAL (other than not installing it) it would be a safe bet that is where the problem lies.