actually nevermind that, why do you have a bunch of crap loaded before falloutnv.esm? that doesn't sound right.

Please follow the instructions in the link I put in my post 3 posts above this one. There's way too much stuff in there I've never seen to know if any of them conflict or if the load order is correct..

Guy, the first step is to put FalloutNV.esm at the top of your load order. Then put Fallout3.esm and all the Fallout 3 DLCs below it. Then in the bottom of your .esm order, put Sexout.esm and SexoutCommonResources.esm.

Requiem for a Capital Wasteland and Sexout are two of the most complicated mods to get working correctly. If you're going to use them, read the documentation.

I've actually managed to get RFCW and Sexout working.

I've had troubles with BrutalRapers though as that had a getstage check in it for the New Vegas intro quest which I didn't do because I started in the Capital Wasteland.

@Guy

You're loadorder is completely ****ed up. There's no way you spend time reading the install instruction for RFCW or Sexout.

My current loadorder:

FalloutNV.esm

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

ThePitt.esm

Zeta.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

DeadMoney.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

HonestHearts.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

MikotoBeauty.esm

More Perks.esm

More Traits.esm

More Perks for Companions.esm

More Perks for Dead Money.esm

More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm

More Perks for Old World Blues.esm

LDFemalePowerArmorPack.esm

Fallout3-PackageFix.esm

Anchorage-PackageFix.esm

BrokenSteel-PackageFix.esm

PointLookout-PackageFix.esm

ThePitt-PackageFix.esm

Zeta-PackageFix.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutFormListAdd.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

More Perks Update.esp

More Perks for Companions Update.esp

More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp

More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp

More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp

More Traits Update.esp

NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp

Rad Regeneration - Redone.esp

MikotoBeauty.esp

FemalePowerArmor - Vanilla.esp

Alita2.esp

Type 6.esp

Type6 Combat Uniform.esp

T6M Combat Armor NV.esp

T6M Old World Blues Replace.esp

RFCW_Main.esp

RFCW_Anchorage_Main.esp

RFCW_BrokenSteel_Main.esp

RFCW_PointLookout_Main.esp

RFCW_ThePitt_Main.esp

RFCW_Zeta_Main.esp

RFCW_Main_HonestHearts.esp

RFCW_Main_DeadMoney.esp

RFCW_Main_OldWorldBlues.esp

RFCW_MagicSewerTravelPoint.esp

Tatctical Third Person Camera - FOV 30.esp

DynamiCamera.esp

DFB - Dynamic Crosshair.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

Sexout LevelUp.esp

SexoutNotify.esp

SmallerTalk.esp

SexoutLust.esp

SexoutPregnancyNG.esp

SexoutBrutalRapers.esp

SexoutFiends.esp

SexoutKings.esp

SexoutKhans.esp

SexoutNCR.esp

SexoutPowderGangers.esp

SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Total active plugins: 78

Total plugins: 87

The SexoutFormListAdd.esm is something I quickly put together so that creatures from Fallout 3 are mostly working too.

*If anyone want's the esm just ask, although when the nvse version is out it isn't neccessarry anymore as the Fallout 3 creatures use the same skeleton files.*

Post in BrutalRapers thread with a similar question from me.

This has been bugging me for quite some time. What exactly makes people think they should be loading the base game fifteenth in their load order? So many people have Fallout New Vegas running as a mod to Sexout instead of the other way around and I don't understand how that makes sense to anyone.

mostly people don't bother too much with load order until something stops working. Under normal circumstances Newvegas.esm is automatically first in loadorder. I noticed that after installing the official dlc's loadorder is changed and the main esm turns up last or near last in the loadorder. Again, this does not bother anyone until stuff starts to behave strangely. My guess is that most people knowing a bit about how loadorder can affect things sort stuff out themselves. It's the second thing you check after making sure that the mod you want to work is activated ffs. But then I and certainly you know at least some stuff about mods, priorities and overriding, most people howeer do not.

Look at the mod discussion forums: 10 posts about how people think some script might be wrong or how there are conflicts in FNVEdit and then someone complaining that the mod does not work at all. After checking the loadorder, NVSE install/version and if it's really fnv and not fo3 running, problems are mostly resolved.

In short: do not assume that most people know how stuff works, there are about 30 or so people that post regularly and know whats going on. Looking at the amount of downloads of sexout and related PI's there are a lot more guys (and gals?) using the mods. Some ot them without the (subjective) tech savvyness needed to understand the workings and possible problems associated with modding the game with something as complex as sexout etc. It does not bug me that those questions are asked, it's what forums and helpful and patient people are for:) It bugs me more that they are not asked on the tech support forums instead of the mod threads themselves.

Ok, forget that one, the tech support forums do not get read as often as the others and some people can't be bothered to read the first and second post of the first stikied thread anyway:)

Ah well, human nature i presume...

Unfortunately I can't actually check the load order for you as completely I tried to. There ARE load order checks in sexout.esm for itself, scr, and legion as well as a check that rapers and brutal are not running at the same time.

However the load order checks don't actually work.. at least not for ESMs that are reliant on other ESMs goes. GetModIndex, unfortunately, lies.

Here's my advice, which may or may not actually work...

Disable ALL of your ESMs and just leave them that way.

The game will load them automatically, in the right order, if you have an active ESP that needs them.

Somebody with an assload of mods try this, it should work just fine to be honest.

Hey, how do you script a scene where multiple sex scenes take place at once?

I wrote a result script from a dialog topic that went a little like this:

set Sexout.SexType to Vaginal

set Sexout.Raper to GetSelf

set SexoutNG.ActorA to GetSelf

set SexoutNG.ActorB to Player

CIOS SexoutNGBegin

if VNPCFollowers.bCassHired == 1

set Sexout.SexType to Anal

set Sexout.Raper to Rapist1REF

set SexoutNG.ActorA to Rapist1REF

set SexoutNG.ActorB to RoseofSharonCassidyREF

CIOS SexoutNGBegin

endif

if VNPCFollowers.bVeronicaHired == 1

set Sexout.SexType to Oral

set Sexout.Raper to Rapist2REF

set SexoutNG.ActorA to Rapist2REF

set SexoutNG.ActorB to VeronicaREF

CIOS SexoutNGBegin

endif

It didn't work--only Veronica got to fuck when I tested it, so obviously her variables were the only ones recorded. Yet obviously there are ways to have multiple people fucking at once. I'm just not sure how to trigger it.

You need to wait a few frames between each set of partners. Only one set can be started at a time.

This.

It works like a coffee cup, and what you did was basically fill up the cup, then dump it out, fill it again, and give it to sexout to drink. The first cup got wasted.

This is the best analogy I've come up with yet to explain what happens to non-programmers.. ;)

If you're a programmer, forgive me, and read on..

The ACTOR vars and so on are basically global variables, and the spell is what reads them. You need to give the spell time to run before you overwrite them.. trying to do it all at once results in this:

x = 2
y = 4
x = 3
y = 3
print x * y
print x * y

Even though what you wanted is this:

x = 2
y = 4
print x * y
x = 3
y = 3
print x * y

Spells are not function calls. The engine gives us no function calls. NVSE gives us function calls. I am hacking on NVSE. Fear the possibilities. ;)

Makes sense. I guess the time required between casts of the spell is pretty low, though, since I've seen near-simultaneous encounters before.

How about this then? If you set up a timer associated with a Quest Stage, to give it a second in-between casts, and then advanced to that quest stage in the after-dialogue result script? would that work?

float timer

begin gamemode

if timer < 1

set timer to timer + GetSecondsPassed

else

;1 seconds have passed, do something special

set timer to 0

if VNPCFollowers.bCassHired == 1

set VNPCFollowers.bCassLeaveDisable to 1

set Sexout.Raper to APRapist1REF

set SexoutNG.ActorA to APRapist1REF

set SexoutNG.ActorB to RoseofSharonCassidyREF

RoseofSharonCassidyREF.CIOS SexoutNGBegin

endif

endif

if timer < 1

set timer to timer + GetSecondsPassed

else

if VNPCFollowers.bVeronicaHired == 1

set VNPCFollowers.bVeronicaLeaveDisable to 1

set Sexout.SexType to Oral

set Sexout.Raper to APRapist2REF

set SexoutNG.ActorA to APRapist2REF

set SexoutNG.ActorB to VeronicaREF

VeronicaREF.CIOS SexoutNGBegin

endif

endif

end

Yeah, that would work.

I'm not a programmer, so maybe I can explain it in terms I understand. Each time a command is processed, it's called a frame. Think of this as a picture frame. By doing two Sexout calls, you're stacking two pictures on top of each other and jamming them in the frame - which would make the most recent one come out on top. What a delay does is break the script into two frames, allowing both sex scenes to be launched separately.

Explaining how all this works can get insanely complicated so I'll just drop two things here..

1. When we say frame, we mean an actual frame in the video card sense -- as in "frames per second." This is the smallest time interval available to a script. All scripts with gamemode blocks are run every time a new frame is drawn, except quest scripts, which have a "script delay" setting.

2. Everything runs in sequence, there is no "multi-threading" in the engine that we can rely on. When you say "CIOS.SexoutBegin" it does not run "right then"; that spell goes into some queue in the engine, and it is run eventually, but not until after the script you are in has finished running. This is the source of numerous "bugs" where you say "do something", then with no delay, ask the game "did you do it?" In most cases it hasn't, because it's still doing *you*, because you haven't stopped to catch your breath yet and let it move on. ;)

Explaining how all this works can get insanely complicated so I'll just drop two things here..

1. When we say frame' date=' we mean an actual frame in the video card sense -- as in "frames per second." This is the smallest time interval available to a script. All scripts with gamemode blocks are run every time a new frame is drawn, except quest scripts, which have a "script delay" setting.

2. Everything runs in sequence, there is no "multi-threading" in the engine that we can rely on. When you say "CIOS.SexoutBegin" it does not run "right then"; that spell goes into some queue in the engine, and it is run eventually, but not until after the script you are in has finished running. This is the source of numerous "bugs" where you say "do something", then with no delay, ask the game "did you do it?" In most cases it hasn't, because it's still doing *you*, because you haven't stopped to catch your breath yet and let it move on. ;)

[/quote']

It never occurred to me that scripts don't fire line-by-line. Damn, that's really tough. I wanted to make a scene where a Sexout animation played, then the screen faded to black, there was a loading screen, and then you woke up in another place.

So I did this:

set Sexout.Raper to APRapist2REF

set SexoutNG.ActorA to APRapist2REF

set SexoutNG.ActorB to Player

CIOS SexoutNGBegin

ApplyImageSpaceModifier FadeToBlack9sISFX

SetPCSleepHours 6

playerREF.moveto ClarisseREF

Of course, it doesn't work, just like you said. The animation never fires before the PC goes to sleep and is moved to the persistent ref. Once the PC wakes up, the screen fades to black. It's all very sad and muddled, which is a shame because it seemed so easy to translate from my head to my fingers. Never trust when scripting seems easy, I guess :s

Right that won't work... but there are certainly ways to make it work.. once you understand what's happpening it's easier to understand what you have to do in order to get the engine to do what you want. I do have big plans in the NVSE crap to help out here though. Will see what I can accomplish there before I make too many more announcements, enough on my plate right now in that dept. ;)

Yeah you got to remember often when you use a script to make something happen like start a Quest or animation the chances are the script will finish running before whatever it calls actually starts/happens.

So if you added clothing to an actor, equipped it then checked for it on the next line, it may not see it till the next time the script runs, the script doesn't wait till it's finished equiping the clothing, and equiping the clothing isn't instant.

Adding clothing is instant, you can do additem/equipitem all at once. You can't then instantly check for the item being equipped though -- it's the equipitem that isn't instant, since wearing clothing affects the 3D scene.

If you additem, equipitem, and then isEquipped (or whatever it's called), the first two will succeed, but the last one will fail until you "wait a moment" ;)

Adding clothing is instant' date=' you can do additem/equipitem all at once. You can't then instantly check for the item being equipped though -- it's the equipitem that isn't instant, since wearing clothing affects the 3D scene.

If you additem, equipitem, and then isEquipped (or whatever it's called), the first two will succeed, but the last one will fail until you "wait a moment" ;)[/quote']

Oops yeah I got a bit crossed between add & equip there, fixed my post to save confusion for others.

Guest xalien

So that's why pregnant armor swap still fixes armor despite there being the line to change it's health?

if rSwapUpperBody != 0
	if iAmNudeFlag < 1
		rZActor.RemoveItem rNewUpperBody 1 1
	endif
	rZActor.AddItem rSwapUpperBody 1 1
	rZActor.EquipItem rSwapUpperBody 0 1
	rZActor.SetEquippedCurrentHealth fBodySuitHealth 2
endif

So that's why pregnant armor swap still fixes armor despite there being the line to change it's health?

if rSwapUpperBody != 0
	if iAmNudeFlag < 1
		rZActor.RemoveItem rNewUpperBody 1 1
	endif
	rZActor.AddItem rSwapUpperBody 1 1
	rZActor.EquipItem rSwapUpperBody 0 1
	rZActor.SetEquippedCurrentHealth fBodySuitHealth 2
endif

Doh! Crap there it is the answer staring me in the face, I just couldn't see it for the trees :)

I just thought the code looked fine and never got time to really bug hunt it, was busy concentrating on getting the swapping working.

Assuming this is the problem, I should be able to fix it a lot easier now :)

I might have just been making that up' date=' but it should work fine.. ;)[/quote']

I thought about then realised the way I've done it, it definately should set the health to the right set of armor in the case of there being more than one of the same item, there's some funky rules about which one gets pirority to be set but I'd rather take full control :)

I might have just been making that up' date=' but it should work fine.. ;)[/quote']

I thought about then realised the way I've done it, it definately should set the health to the right set of armor in the case of there being more than one of the same item, there's some funky rules about which one gets pirority to be set but I'd rather take full control :)

There are only a few I'm aware of, I don't think any of them should affect you...

additem bugs

1. Calling AddItem in an Effect Script or in an OnEquip block in an Object Script will cause the target actor's weapon to toggle between being visible and usable and being invisible and unusable.

2. Executing AddItem function on NPCs will cause them to review their inventory and equip the best armor and weapon they have. If NPC already has an armor with Object Effects equipped adding an item will make them reequip it, not really unequipping it first. As a result Object Effects of the armor will stack after each use of the AddItem function