Preface

Getting 3BBB to run can sometimes be a challenge. If you run into a problem it often is not so easy to find the exact problem (i almost gave up because of that). So lets make sure that there is a solid foundation where you can later add mods. And exclude some things from the list of possibilities at the same time.

Addendum: This is how i got it running for my female char in MO2 - Vortex might be a different beast.

Checking versions

First check if you have the actual version of the required mods

Fores New Idles in Skyrim

Deactivate for now everything else that got physics

Installation of the foundation

Install (or already have them) in this order.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended (select 'Physics' during the installation)

HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics)

CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions

SINful CBP 

Reinstall 3BBB and use these settings (Format is Page/Option(s)):

1.1 Pre-built Body mesh

2.1 Performance (improved)

3.1 SMP and CBPC (Full)

4.1 Old Type

5.1 Elasticity

5.2 Small~Big Boobs

6.1 Deactivated

6.2 A little fleshy

6.3 Vagina Physics 

7.1 Medium Movement

8.1 CBPC - RegularSOS

9.1 Here you have to find the right color for the skintone you're going to use (see spoiler). Otherwise it will look off. But you can change it with the optional tool.

9.2 SSS Black

10.1 Sexlab

10.2 Replacing CBBE 1.6x Morph Sliders

[INSTALL]

Install this file:

WBody - Nude.7z

Now activate the listed mods and run FNIS.

First testrun (Basics):

Start the game and set in the MCM the settings of 'Sinful CBP' to '3' and 'standard'. Undress your PC and jump a bit. 

If it works you can move to the next step - if not you already got a problem and you have to start from the beginning 'til you get here again (you did pick the option 'physics' during the installation of XPMSSE, right?).

Second testrun (Bodyslide):

Deactivate my 'WBody Nude'.

Now create with the 'BodySlide and Outfit Studio' the bodyslides for the body you actually want to use (a nude setup is enough for the tests) and activate them.

Rerun FNIS (When in doubt always rerun FNIS first. ;)).

Start the game and undress your PC and jump a bit.

If it works you got a solid foundation and can add (or reactivate) mods that require physics - if not then the bodyslides you're using cause the problem. You can try to redo them, but the chances are high that you have to replace the body with another one.

Further tests:

This is where i have no further steps anymore as there are way to many mods and possible combinations. But if you suddenly run into problems it is most likely one of the mods you recently added that cause the issue.

I hope this will help the ones that actually run into problems. I spent several hours reinstalling and reconfiguring my setup. Only to find out that i got it right the first time but that a seemingly unrelated mod interfered and let the physics go haywire (while i thought i made a mistake during the setup). :)

Additional Informations

This part doesn't affect the physics of the body per se, but you might find the following informations useful, so i included them as well.

Armor 

I can only tell you what i noticed while building bodyslides for armors. The older the armors are the bigger the chance is that the physics for it won't work properly. Examples:

Those work perfectly:

Triss Armor Retextured SE - CBBE 3BBB Bodyslide

Undies - CBBE 3BBB (3BA) Bodyslides

The standard clothing from CBBE works. Armors (Iron, Leather, etc) at least partially (but i havn't seen them all yet).

This one doesn't want to

Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher 3) (Finally got it working for 'Wrong Body')

Bodies 

There are quite a few different bodies available. Sadly my first choice isn't available anymore so i had to switch to a different one. I tested the following:

3BBB CBBE Body Preset by Zer02

I found the options to set up bodyslides a bit lacking. On the other hand it worked and i ran my first tests with this one.

Wrong Body - CBBE Bodyslide preset

Its drawback is that this body is a bit complicated to set up (it got four different presets). If you have problems with creating the bodyslides you can find in my other thread finished bodyslides for some armors. Atm the list isn't that long but i'll be adding more. You just have to download and activate them.

Greek Goddess

Predone bodyslides: SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess'

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The fomod for CBBE 3BBB has never worked for me. It gets to about 70% initialization, then stops. I always have to install by opening the zip file and trying to figure out what to choose from there. Probably the main issue for me. I just ran through this test as best I could, but when it came to the body, no. Could only pick the best I could decipher. So, fail for me  =/

Edit:   SOLVED.   Switched to Mod Organizer from an older mod manager I'd been using and it works fine now.

false alarm. seems the mod manager I was using couldn't handle it. I switched to Mod Organizer and it handled it just fine. All is well, except for the outdated manager I was using  ?  I'll edit my post above now. Just got it working again last night after many months, literally, so was engrossed back in game play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem number 2.   3BBB installs just fine. Made a bodyshape to my liking in BodySlide and 'built' it into the game. Made a female char and all is well and good. Everything works fine *** (except KS Hairdos SMP - game crashes whenever I try to give her the SMP hair. Set Bijin's NPC char replacers to have the KS Hairdos SMP and they just don't show up - bald Bijin women all over. Baffled there as well) ***

Problem # 2 is... no other female character in the game uses the body I created and built into the main char assets folder. It looks like they are using the base CBBE SMP body with about B sized breasts. Nothing I do changes their bodies at all, in any way. I use the sliders to create clothing sets and I can see in BodySlide that while the clothes look to be for the body shape I have made, the body under the clothes is still the base CBBE unmodified shape.  I've even built the body with CNTL so I can hand place them in the folder to make sure they are where they need to be.  Perplexed here... never had this problem before.

I'm thinking maybe the problem is an error I get on game load which.. i'm also baffled as to how to get thes corrected via this MO2 loader program..  

Error: "FNIS PCEA2 stopped with ERRORS: - Last FNIS generation failed."   but every time I run FNIS it lists no errors at all. And as PCAE2 tends to have something to do with the characters, this is the only thing I can think of   =/

4 minutes ago, kael828 said:

PCAE2

That is something i can't help you with. Never used that mod before.

The other thing might be LO related. Check the groups 'PC', 'Physics and Animation' and 'NPC' in the beginners guide. Maybe you'll find something there.

I resolved most issues now.  I created the new .nifs, paid attention to where they were being dropped, went there and copied them and put them in two other mesh folder structures. One of them worked. One was to go straight back to the real game directory and drop the meshes there, which, had actually NO .nif data for the female chars whatsoever. So I ended up copying the whole folder from Caliente's female mesh folder (where MO2) was dropping them, into the actually appropriate mesh folder in the real game folder. There wasn't even the proper folder listed either. So... if anyone else has that issue with MO2...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Curious to know if you've tried running only SMP along with 3BBB SMP Aylis?

What I mean is this :

XMPSSE

HDT-SMP

CBBE 3BBB SMP (not 3BA)

so no CBP(C) and no Sinful CBP, so lighter install and less chance of conflict. Configure everything directly in 3BBB SMP.

• 1 month later...

I think only SMP might be too CPU-heavy so probably a good thing to keep CBPC in there.

Not sure though, I have a beast setup so it doesn't bother me too much. Especially since I barely enable physics for armors via BodySlide, if ever... Only with skimpy outfits, and since I run immersive stuff, there aren't many of those around (again, if any)

• 1 month later...

HM. I tried to put the CBBE type, UNP type, WBody , always - only the ass and belly work, the chest - never works.

It also seems that both the butt and belly are not working properly. By the way, if i turn on the SMP mode(3BBB Amazing Body)  through a cry, the game always crashes.

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, axz2 said:

Have you seen a reduction in resource use, reduction in script lag, increase in FPS, or other noticeably benefit?

I installed at the same time as Skyrim optimizations and the average 40ish FPS now is 60, unless is a city with many npc.  Forced limited to 60 to reduce GPU heat and Havok issues.  It may go higher. 

• 1 year later...
25 minutes ago, alexsl said:

this thread...so i have installed 3bbb but these option are nowhere in the installator. However 3bba does have similar option but it does match up. So im still left with glitchy breast 

Got my account back. :)

Look at the AE guide in my signature and check the following groups:

PC (main setup for the hair and HPH)

Physics and animation

Body

Patches (only the vampire fix and RBT in the bottom half if you're looking for good textures)

Final

In 'Files' you find predone bodyslides for the nude body (rest is specific to my guide).

Edited by Aylis
21 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Got my account back. :)

Look at the AE guide in my signature and check the following groups:

PC (main setup for the looks and HPH)

Physics and animation

Body

Patches (only the vampire fix and RBT in the bottom half if you're looking for good textures)

Final

In 'Files' you find predone bodyslides for the nude body (rest is specific to my guide).

Umh so there is a lot on just the PC alone, plus im on SE should i really follow that guide ?

5 minutes ago, alexsl said:

Umh so there is a lot on just the PC alone, plus im on SE should i really follow that guide ?

How far you follow the guide is up to you. In the end it is just a very long list of suggestions. ;)

In regards to the group 'PC' either only take what you need or follow my selection (see the pics in 'Files' > 'Character Presets').

But i'm only running AE Light (aka SE with the free update) so everything should work fine. Just check if a mod works with your version of SKSE.