HDT Physics Extensions Crash Fix

1 hour ago, bio_mech said:

The way i see it - this can be done is by using some mod like Unique Player/Charmers of the Reach or something that will let you use different meshes for the player and NPCs. Then build HDT or SMP for the player and non PE for all the NPCs.

Hope this can help you a bit :)

I'll look into it thank you.

37 minutes ago, gogo2225 said:

Before installing the plugin, Fps sometimes drops to 10-15 with hdt-smp enabled follower. Now I can have stable performance even I got 5 followers with me.

Nonsense.

This plugin does not affect SMP at all. In fact, if you don't have hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll loaded, having this plugin installed will do absolutely nothing other than waste heap space by allocating an useless DLL.

const std::string Plugin::DLL::NAME("hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll");

bool Plugin::Instance::ApplyFixes(void) const
{
	HMODULE module;

if (!GetModuleHandleEx(GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_UNCHANGED_REFCOUNT, DLL::NAME.c_str(), &module))
		return false; // DLL is not loaded.

}

A certain thief charging $50 a month for copied xmls and "borrowed" bodies uses PE for hair and SMP for collision, a certain other modder getting 6K a month for copypastaing those settings to a custom uunp body just copies those controller file settings, which is probably where 90% of the people claiming to have SMP setups lie, which is not smp alone but actually both because the hair packs used and in some cases patreon ported from MMD and Hatsune Miku outfits require PE.

8 hours ago, 27X said:

A certain thief charging $50 a month for copied xmls and "borrowed" bodies uses PE for hair and SMP for collision, a certain other modder getting 6K a month for copypastaing those settings to a custom uunp body just copies those controller file settings, which is probably where 90% of the people claiming to have SMP setups lie, which is not smp alone but actually both because the hair packs used and in some cases patreon ported from MMD and Hatsune Miku outfits require PE.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:52 AM, Hawk9969 said:

This plugin WILL NOT affect your FPS at all. These are merely guards that will execute the same instructions as before under normal conditions or execute an alternate set of instructions under conditions that would cause the game to crash 100% of the time before.

I was just pointing out how it will not affect SMP at all, even if you've both of them installed (all changes are written to the loaded hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll image); And as I've said before, this plugin will not give you a single FPS gain/loss, much less what he's is claiming.

Any place where a different set of instructions gets executed, is a place where your game would've crashed; Thus, you wouldn't be able to see the FPS loss anyway.

If it was just an 1 or 2 FPS gain, I'd call it placebo, but from 15 FPS to 30+ FPS... Yeah, no.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, Hawk9969 said:

Nonsense.

This plugin does not affect SMP at all. In fact, if you don't have hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll loaded, having this plugin installed will do absolutely nothing other than waste heap space by allocating an useless DLL.

const std::string Plugin::DLL::NAME("hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll");

bool Plugin::Instance::ApplyFixes(void) const
{
	HMODULE module;

if (!GetModuleHandleEx(GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_UNCHANGED_REFCOUNT, DLL::NAME.c_str(), &module))
		return false; // DLL is not loaded.

}

I am using BHUNP as my body and it does contain hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll, IDK how this plugin affects your game,  but it does help to me stablize my game performance. 

1. Develop something from scratch.
  2. Explain in details how it works.
  3. Make it open source and show parts of the code directly to further explain how it works.
  4. Keep getting told your explanation is wrong and how it really works.

This MOD is Amazing! It really solves the problem that has troubled me for a long time ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

And I hope to let more Chinese players can know that there is such a good thing, but It's little hard to get Loverslab in China...

So Can I upload this MOD to Chinese Forum (9damaomods)?

I Will indecate the Original Link.

Thx again!

???

Lately I've been having a strange problem with NPCs becoming invisible sometimes. So far I've only seen it happening to females, usually after their boobs glitch and get stuck somewhere far away from the body, so I'm guessing this is caused by HDT. Don't remember having that problem before, could it be related to this plugin? I'm using UUNP special.

16 hours ago, Krawllin said:

This MOD is Amazing! It really solves the problem that has troubled me for a long time ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

And I hope to let more Chinese players can know that there is such a good thing, but It's little hard to get Loverslab in China...

So Can I upload this MOD to Chinese Forum (9damaomods)?

I Will indecate the Original Link.

Thx again!

???

On 4/15/2020 at 4:58 AM, Hawk9969 said:

My work is licenseless and you can do anything you deem fit with them aswell as publish them anywhere.

8 hours ago, PD_ said:

Lately I've been having a strange problem with NPCs becoming invisible sometimes. So far I've only seen it happening to females, usually after their boobs glitch and get stuck somewhere far away from the body, so I'm guessing this is caused by HDT. Don't remember having that problem before, could it be related to this plugin? I'm using UUNP special.

No. Stretching and turning the actor invisible is a well known HDT PE bug.

Refer to this post: 

5 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

No. Stretching and turning the actor invisible is a well known HDT PE bug.

Refer to this post: 

Thank you very much! Both for the plugin and directions. Having less random crashes and glitches is always a welcome change. :D

You have no idea how long I've been getting this crash and just accepting it's part of the skyrim modded experience.

So far (a couple days of playing) can confirm that this solution got rid of a bunch of crashes. Bless you man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've used this mod for a little over three months and I've kept up with all the updates and I want to report that my crash log is nice and blank for a change.  

No news is good news I guess.  Just figured that you would want a follow up.  

On 7/12/2020 at 6:52 AM, steve8240 said:

I've used this mod for a little over three months and I've kept up with all the updates and I want to report that my crash log is nice and blank for a change.  

No news is good news I guess.  Just figured that you would want a follow up.  

Even though I haven't played much Skyrim lately, that's pretty much my experience aswell.

I'd one other crash a month or so ago related to TlsGetValue, but it occurred within a function that has 8 dynamic calls to what I assume to be TlsGetValue and I couldn't reproduce the crash nor could I get my game to call this function... ever; as such, I didn't bother fixing this one. Haven't had this crash ever since.

People don't tend to post unless they've problems, which is why this thread has pretty much died.

I am grateful for the "thank you" posts, but there isn't anything for me to address there.

I understand.  The reason I even posted is because I am rather peeved at the fact that all your mod did was help people, and that there is nothing controversial or political about it yet it still managed to draw douchebags.  The mind boggles.  All that work just so you have more BS to put up with, why bother?  Then people turn around and wonder where have all the good modders gone.  

Thanks again by the way.

On 7/16/2020 at 9:08 AM, steve8240 said:

I understand.  The reason I even posted is because I am rather peeved at the fact that all your mod did was help people, and that there is nothing controversial or political about it yet it still managed to draw douchebags.  The mind boggles.  All that work just so you have more BS to put up with, why bother?  Then people turn around and wonder where have all the good modders gone.  

Thanks again by the way.

It's fine for the most part.

Criticism is completely fine, I'll just answer using the same tone; If you are rude, I am going to be rude aswell.

Ungrateful assholes (which curious enough most of them have a "Contributor" tag attached to them), I'll just shitlist and refuse to ever provide assistance for them. The way I see it, I don't lose anything while them, well, I don't see many around these forums anymore that have the knowledge and experience for certain, more technical programming caveats, and the willingness to waste their time helping strangers. These assholes include but are not limited to people who ask a question, get no answer, get an answer from me and then proceed to show their lack of manners by not even acknowledging their results, or for that matter, not even a simple "thank you", which is even more infurating when that person bumped the thread because he wouldn't get a answer. Assholes who ask questions and then pretend they know better than whoever is answering and providing sources explaining their problems are also another common case for "la criatura contribuidora".

Examples: 

I would also provide an example for the second case, but he conveniently asked an admin/moderator to delete everything related to his question so he wouldn't look like a fool in the long term.

My problem with this site however, comes from the behavior of the admins/moderators by forcing Captcha down my throat many times a day, deleting fair and uncredited contributions to mods tagged as "ceased development" and implementing a feature which the author himself said he wouldn't do because of "complexity".

I also got a few posts deleted a year ago by having very minor political content in a Nexus politics related thread within the General (or Off-Topic) section, which shouldn't have been a problem at all, you see much bigger political discussions in that section.

Overall, I prefer to help people over at Stackoverflow. I get an accepted answer here and there and even when I don't get one, the person posting the question generally comments on his result with my answer; plus, I can use my real identity there.

If I see someone in here asking for help and it's something that they are unlikely to get help from, I generally consider helping out, but that's it.

2 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

Ungrateful assholes (which curious enough most of them have a "Contributor" tag attached to them), I'll just shitlist and refuse to ever provide assistance for them. The way I see it, I don't lose anything while them, well, I don't see many around these forums anymore that have the knowledge and experience for certain, more technical programming caveats, and the willingness to waste their time helping strangers. These assholes include but are not limited to people who ask a question, get no answer, get an answer from me and then proceed to show their lack of manners by not even acknowledging their results, or for that matter, not even a simple "thank you", which is even more infurating when that person bumped the thread because he wouldn't get a answer. Assholes who ask questions and then pretend they know better than whoever is answering and providing sources explaining their problems are also another common case for "la criatura contribuidora".

Examples: 

I would also provide an example for the second case, but he conveniently asked an admin/moderator to delete everything related to his question so he wouldn't look like a fool in the long term.

I never received notice of any response to my Controlmap.txt question, I never bumped the thread, and I was totally unaware of your response until you called me out (above) for not thanking you for it. I cannot logically be called an asshole when the site fails to work correctly. Here is proof that I did not see your response until a few minutes ago when I read your "ungrateful asshole" accusation above wherein you ignorantly accused me of asking moderators to blank out my question so as not to seem a fool- an accusation easily disproven by the fact that my question is still posted, with no edits or deletions having been made by me or any moderator. None of your assertions about me are correct, and in this case, I believe you must have been looking in a mirror when you cried "asshole."

Here is proof of my first look at your response- note the time and date (I am on United States Central Daylight Time) and the fact that the site is reporting your response as "New Content," proving that the date and time shown represent my first visit to your response, and hence my first awareness of it since the site did not notify me of it.:

Hawk9969Response.png

Please stop calling people assholes when you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

2 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

It's fine for the most part.

Criticism is completely fine, I'll just answer using the same tone; If you are rude, I am going to be rude aswell.

Examples: 

I would also like to note that I recieved no notification at all that someone replied to my topic. After that bump I ended up coming to the same findings you did in that post with the "AllowBed = False".

Untitled.png.a9515e7bb28ffbf675419c4bc8ccfe14.png

This was the first time I had seen your response, and I do appreciate the help. Had I seen it when you posted, I probably would have saved a bit of time working it out myself.

Edit: Also thank you for this mod, this was the first time seeing this for me and solves one of the last few crashes I have with Skyrim.

19 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I never received notice of any response to my Controlmap.txt question, I never bumped the thread, and I was totally unaware of your response until you called me out (above) for not thanking you for it. I cannot logically be called an asshole when the site fails to work correctly. 

I might be wrong and you might be telling the truth, but given the circumstances and previous experiences, there will always be some skepticism on my part. For one, I generally check my answers, be them here or elsewhere, at least once a day for a period of around a week to see whether I've to provide further context or help, why would someone who was seeking help and got none stop checking their own thread within less than a week? Also, it strikes me as odd that you've almost immediately replied back, but only when something bad was said about you.

Either way, It doesn't matter that much and I've only used those examples for context. This is not what drives me away; this just drives me away from single individuals.

35 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Here is proof that I did not see your response until a few minutes ago when I read your "ungrateful asshole" accusation above

Not much of a proof because the "New content begins here" notification will show whenever you haven't directly opened the thread since.

To avoid this Captcha madness of accessing this site, I subscribe to threads and read them through my email. If I am to log back in to reply, I will always see that, even when I had already read its contents days ago.

41 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

wherein you ignorantly accused me of asking moderators to blank out my question so as not to seem a fool- an accusation easily disproven by the fact that my question is still posted, with no edits or deletions having been made by me or any moderator. None of your assertions about me are correct, and in this case, I believe you must have been looking in a mirror when you cried "asshole."

No. I did not make those claims about you. The one where moderators deleted the whole thing was by another person in the PapyrusUtil thread when he asked (and bumped) for help because his floating points were losing precision.

In fact, I said I couldn't show it as an example because it was deleted by moderators, which obviously couldn't be you.

The example above yours did bump his thread after he got no answers aswell, but I never said you did; I said it was more infuriating when people pulled something like that.

And yes, I am an asshole in the context that I tend to be too grumpy and too serious when dealing with strangers, but I for one know how to show some respect for a stranger stopping by to lend me a hand, more so when I was the one asking for it.

I would also like to point out that I never said you had to thank me. A thank you with no further messages in that context is fine because it's implicitly stated that the solution was helpful and it worked out for you, but I am okay in simply know whether something worked or not. This is also extremely relevant for people seeking for the same information in the future; Stackoverflow has an accepted answer feature for a reason and it's actually frowned upon for you to not accept an answer there.

Anyway, I believe people shouldn't be making their greatest enemies out of misunderstandings, and if you are being honest and I am wrong here, I do apologize.

You were simply a recent example that made it easier for me to go through my post history, nothing more. 

17 minutes ago, Narcolepsy said:

I would also like to note that I recieved no notification at all that someone replied to my topic. After that bump I ended up coming to the same findings you did in that post with the "AllowBed = False".

The same thing I said above applies to you, I do apologize if I am in the wrong here.

And yes, I do get butthurt when ghosted, more so when I had to study some code that I'll never end up using myself; the sentiment is of disrespect, which is something that I don't handle well.