HDT Physics Extensions Crash Fix

1 minute ago, Hawk9969 said:

The same thing I said above applies to you, I do apologize if I am in the wrong here.

And yes, I do get butthurt when ghosted, more so when I had to study some code that I'll never end up using myself; the sentiment is of disrespect, which is not something that I handle well.

I understand, I'd probably feel the same if I offered help and got no response back at all. Honestly, this isn't the first time this site hasn't properly notified me about someone responding to either a topic I created or one I subscribed to which is quite annoying.

• 1 month later...

Considering that I am pretty much done with this as only one other crash was reported during all this time and that was a while ago (also already fixed by later versions of this plugin), I was thinking of adding some logging that would write to a log file in cases where this plugin prevented a crash, as it appears many aren't aware of these crashes, despite being affected by them.

Is this desirable or meh, fuck it, as it already provides the solution under the hood? If I get no further replies on this, I'll just assume the latter.

NOTE: If the plugin fails to write its log to "<Skyrim>/Data/SKSE/Plugins/hdtPhysicsExtensionsCrashFix.log" for whatever reason, the log will be written to the in-game's console instead.

NOTE: Because of the newly added code to support logging, the plugin's compiled size increased by about two and a half times. If for whatever reason you want the plugin at its smaller compiled size, recompile it without defining the LOGGING_ENABLED macro.

i stopped trying to load my saved game immediately years ago.  i load my final lal prisoncell save first, then load my last game save.  I am hoping this help.  I always thought the amount of animations was my load ctd, so I am happy to try this out!  Thanks for sharing!  Much Appreciated!!!

Have a problem with FloppySOS where its hdtm.xml.disabled.   I assuming I have another mod handling FloppySOS HDT?

hdtPhysicsExtensions.log

3 hours ago, macnchz said:

i stopped trying to load my saved game immediately years ago.  i load my final lal prisoncell save first, then load my last game save.  I am hoping this help.  I always thought the amount of animations was my load ctd, so I am happy to try this out!  Thanks for sharing!  Much Appreciated!!!

Have a problem with FloppySOS where its hdtm.xml.disabled.   I assuming I have another mod handling FloppySOS HDT?

FloppySoS doesn't have a hdtm.xml, it disables any you have installed by appending .disabled to the filename - otherwise hdtm.xml would work against what FloppySoS does. Also FloppySoS takes over all HDT-PE functions because it overwrites the original HDT plugin with its own (hacked?) version. I have no idea if the FloppySoS HDT plugin is compatible with this HDT crashfix plugin. It's probably something @Hawk9969 would have to test.

51 minutes ago, R246 said:

FloppySoS doesn't have a hdtm.xml, it disables any you have installed by appending .disabled to the filename - otherwise hdtm.xml would work against what FloppySoS does. Also FloppySoS takes over all HDT-PE functions because it overwrites the original HDT plugin with its own (hacked?) version. I have no idea if the FloppySoS HDT plugin is compatible with this HDT crashfix plugin. It's probably something @Hawk9969 would have to test.

I don't have FloppySoS installed, but it should be easy for anyone to test.

1. Install Cheat Engine.
  2. Download this plugin's source code.
  3. Launch your game.
  4. Once you've reached the main menu, launch Cheat Engine and attach it to TESV.exe.
  5. Click on "Memory View".
  6. At the top panel (instructions panel), right-click and select "Go to address".
  7. Open Plugin.cpp (that comes with this plugin's source code) with a text editor and find the following constructor definition "Plugin::Instance::Instance(void) noexcept".
  8. Now input "hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll+offset" for "Go to address", where offset are the ones within that constructor as FIX(offset).

Check all addresses, and if the instruction at those addresses are "jmp hdtPhysicsExtensionsCrashFix.dll+", then the fixes are applied.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am writing here with a proposal. You can do plugin which will reduce some game settings (like fGrassStartFadeDistance, some object settings and NPC range) if fps droped. I'll try to explain: i always have 60fps, but in some situations i have little drop fps (5-7), in some forest locations for example. With plugin like this my game could reduce some game settings (which I won't even notice) and by this i wouldn't have fps drop. I think this plugin could be useful to the rest. In settings this plugin can be added settings like "game settings" and "range" and of course "maxfps(after which the settings will decrease)".

Sory for english.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...