Milkable Colonists updated for 1.1

@Okthengame

It looks like you have the steam version of Milkable colonists installed alongside the RJW version:

Milkable Colonists (Continued)(Mlie.MilkableColonists)[mv:1.4.1]: Milk(av:1.0.0,fv:1.4.1)

They both do similar things and won't play nicely together.

Edit: +Thank you for the full logs.

Edited by onslort

@Akaluto

On 1/5/2023 at 5:38 AM, Akaluto said:

Why separate human and humanoid milk when use humanoid milk anyway?

That was just the way the mod was setup before I got to it. I left those alone in case any other mods were using the same items.

could this be modified to include "milking" males for semen?   the RJW mod or some addon to it creates a trait that makes a pawn crave semen.  It would be nice to allow them to capture prisoners / slaves.  or even use colonists to be milked to support this addiction.  I can see some lair somewhere where there is a room full of males strapped to tables/beds or even better the cross-brace bondage tree.  then machines, and other slaves, set the task of milking the "donors" to collect in buckets (there is already a collection bucket mod for this part).   there is also the trait that makes the pawn in question love fellatio and it would be interesting if this pawn would then attack and "rape" males to get a meal rather than going to the kitchen to find food.

17 hours ago, onslort said:

@Акалуто

Именно так мод был настроен до того, как я добрался до него. Я оставил их в покое на случай, если какие-либо другие моды использовали те же предметы.

Maybe a checkbox to turn it off?

21 hours ago, onslort said:

@Okthengame

It looks like you have the steam version of Milkable colonists installed alongside the RJW version:

Milkable Colonists (Continued)(Mlie.MilkableColonists)[mv:1.4.1]: Milk(av:1.0.0,fv:1.4.1)

They both do similar things and won't play nicely together.

Edit: +Thank you for the full logs.

Thanks that worked! Guess the modloader was merging them.
Tho it seems like the hucow meme still isn't working? Im not sure what it means by "85 defs of this type loaded"

https://gist.github.com/c2a41713e9edeed306d19bc33822a362

@Okthengame

The Hucow meme comes from C0ffee's Rimworld Ideology addon.

If you have the new Milkable Colonists but don't have C0ffeeRIA loaded, on startup you'll get a message similar to:

Failed to find RimWorld.MemeDef named Hucow. There are __ defs of this type loaded.

But it is safe to ignore.

If you do want to use the hucow meme you can download the updated version of C0ffeeRIA in the same place as the latest Milkable colonists: Convenient link to download post

@Akaluto

Right now it would be a lot of work to make the different milks a toggle.

If you really want them gone you could try the cherry picker mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2633276599

You could use it to remove the 'Things' and the 'Recipes' for the milk that you don't want.

Make a backup of you save first, just in case. I'm not sure if removing those milks will cause other strange things to happen as C0ffee'sRIA also looks for those milks when pawns eat food. You could try it and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if this mod is still being updated? I'd use the steam version but i'd rather have the features from COffee'rRIA aswell, they don't seem to load with the steam version. Currently the only bug i see with the 1.3 version is that milking is broken, a colonist can milk somone but they just end up standing next to the hucow for a second before doing other stuff, without actually milking.

@BigBlueBewb Sorry for the delay. So many games to play, so little time.

Unfortunately I can't tell much from the logs, apart from the fact that I should start properly versioning the mods so I can tell if you have the latest or not.  A post above your own is a link to the downloads for the latest of both Milkable Colonists and C0ffee's RIA, you'll need to get both form there if you want them to work together properly for 1.4.

If you've already done that and still having problems you may have to start disabling mods a few at a time to test to try and track down which one is causing the conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

So the steam version of MC 1.4 has race support for a lot of species, specifically for Moyos - Afaik the download for 0.10c lacks these compatibilities, or they dont show up for me in-game. Am I missing a compat mod, does the RJW version simply not support that specific race or is it just borked on my end? 

Would highly appreciate answers, ty

5 hours ago, MrRig said:

So the steam version of MC 1.4 has race support for a lot of species, specifically for Moyos - Afaik the download for 0.10c lacks these compatibilities, or they dont show up for me in-game. Am I missing a compat mod, does the RJW version simply not support that specific race or is it just borked on my end? 

Would highly appreciate answers, ty

Simply put the steam version is only recompiled for 1.4 and with race patches active while the 0.10c has some changes and like the previous version for rjw it's shipped with race patches inactive.

To change that simply rename "MilkPatch.xml.bak" under "1.4/Patches" in the Mod Folder to "MilkPatch.xml".

Be aware that the Moyos and some other races are an addition which got added by the uploader of the steam mod but basically everyone can add a race by expanding the patch.

The following Patch should also work but not tested for 1.4:

Moyo_Patch.xml

13 hours ago, Ardlan said:

Simply put the steam version is only recompiled for 1.4 and with race patches active while the 0.10c has some changes and like the previous version for rjw it's shipped with race patches inactive.

To change that simply rename "MilkPatch.xml.bak" under "1.4/Patches" in the Mod Folder to "MilkPatch.xml".

Be aware that the Moyos and some other races are an addition which got added by the uploader of the steam mod but basically everyone can add a race by expanding the patch.

The following Patch should also work but not tested for 1.4:

Moyo_Patch.xml 1.77 kB · 1 download

It worked like a charm and without any issues. Thank you so much dude!

Working great since the biotech 0.10c would make a suggestion

Create a dev mod option to reset fullness/lacation in case it bugs out. I've noticed sometimes fullness will be 100%, but will produce 0 bottles and won't increase. Not sure exactly what causes it, but even removing the headif and re-initiating lacation doesn't seem to fix it. It seems to break the pawn permanently.

Other than that, maybe reduce the food offset. Sometimes they move so slowly they starve before reaching a meal and breaks their lactating state.

Other than that really enjoying it, thanks.

@Rimworld419

There is a debug button you can turn on in the MC options that will let you toggle fullness between 150, 0 and 100 if you keep pushing it.

I haven't had any or heard of any milking problems though. In the pawns panel what percent and how many bottles does it display? It should show something like:

105% Fullness (2.1 bottles)

The number of bottles varies by breast size. If your pawn has particularly small breasts maybe you don't have a full bottle yet when they hit 100% ?

Also they also won't lose their hediffs unless they've been starving for a while. I've never had anyone lose it due to not being able to get to food in time in general play, only if they get downed during a long battle, or something similar. Do you have any other mods that are slowing your pawns down more than the usual?

Maybe if its heavy armor plan around not wearing it unless necessary? There's also a "No armor slowdown" mod you can get from steam that might also help if that is the case.

On 2/11/2023 at 2:26 PM, onslort said:

I haven't had any or heard of any milking problems though. In the pawns panel what percent and how many bottles does it display? It should show something like:

The number of bottles varies by breast size. If your pawn has particularly small breasts maybe you don't have a full bottle yet when they hit 100% ?

Fullness on the hedif is 100%

Bottles on the pawn panel in 0.0

So there is some disconnect there not sure how to resolve

On 1/17/2023 at 7:24 PM, onslort said:

@Sonicdart

If you're on 1.4 and have biotech Check out this post to get the updated mods for Milkable Colonists and C0ffeeRIA for 1.4.

(It might work without Biotech, I didn't do a lot of testing though.)

So far it mostly works for me without Biotech, but it seems like inducing lactation manually(not using drugs) isnt possible even with C0ffeeRIA for 1.4, and none of the colonists that have gotten pregnant in any of my 1.4 settlements have started lactating either, but the drugs still work.

On 2/11/2023 at 2:26 PM, onslort said:

@Rimworld419

There is a debug button you can turn on in the MC options that will let you toggle fullness between 150, 0 and 100 if you keep pushing it.

Also they also won't lose their hediffs unless they've been starving for a while. I've never had anyone lose it due to not being able to get to food in time in general play, only if they get downed during a long battle, or something similar. Do you have any other mods that are slowing your pawns down more than the usual?

Maybe if its heavy armor plan around not wearing it unless necessary? There's also a "No armor slowdown" mod you can get from steam that might also help if that is the case.

Also wanted to add that the debug button to set fullness to 100% is present on these particular pawns that have 0.0 bottles. It works fine on others

Edited by rimworld419

@Rimworld419

It sounds like the Milkable Colonists mod is not picking up that your pawn is lactating for some reason. It should pick up on either the Biotech hediff or any of the MC hediffs and start updating internal data for the amount of milk the pawn has. If you have one and not the other, the mod will try and apply the other. If that is not being added then for some reason the mod doesn't recognize the hediff your pawn has.

Something that just occurred to me. Does your pawn have breasts? Your pawn will need a RJW breast hediff to do size calculations for milk amounts. Basic rimworld won't care and apply the Biotech hediff regardless, it works without RJW hediffs.

If it doesn't turn out to be a case of missing breasts, Is the pawn a custom race of some kind?  Is the hediff you're seeing the biotech Lactating hediff or one from another mod?

image.png.bbec41202a7fe8b1653689ddbb75846f.png

@Miia

I believe I only have the mod checking for the biotech pregnancy hediff. I think RJW might still have its own pregnancy that isn't used if it find biotech installed, but I don't have the mod checking for that right now.

Induce lactation by default will take 7 days of massages before the pawn will start lactating. Coffee's original thoughts there were it's free but it takes time to balance that out. I also added in an options page so you can change the amount of work needed, lowering values will make the target pawns start lactating sooner.

9 hours ago, onslort said:

@Rimworld419

It sounds like the Milkable Colonists mod is not picking up that your pawn is lactating for some reason. It should pick up on either the Biotech hediff or any of the MC hediffs and start updating internal data for the amount of milk the pawn has. If you have one and not the other, the mod will try and apply the other. If that is not being added then for some reason the mod doesn't recognize the hediff your pawn has.

Something that just occurred to me. Does your pawn have breasts? Your pawn will need a RJW breast hediff to do size calculations for milk amounts. Basic rimworld won't care and apply the Biotech hediff regardless, it works without RJW hediffs.

If it doesn't turn out to be a case of missing breasts, Is the pawn a custom race of some kind?  Is the hediff you're seeing the biotech Lactating hediff or one from another mod?

Baseline pawn with bionic breasts from RJW. I tried using the lact-x as well as just adding the lactating hediff, but you can see the bottles remains at 0.

I also tried removing all the hediffs and starting from scratch, but reapplying them didn't work

rimworld_debug.PNG

Edited by rimworld419

@Rimworld419

I just tested with bionic breasts and it all worked as it should, so that isn't the problem.

Right now I would have to guess that it's another mod that is changing something and causing an incompatibility, but I have no idea which offhand.  Anything changing the RJW body parts in some way would be a suspect.   (I noticed a "Status" button beside the vagina. What mod adds that?)

If you have any mods that might modify parts I can download them and see if I can reproduce the problem when I get some time.