Resident Evil 2 Remake mods (alphaZomega)

On 3/20/2020 at 4:02 AM, pennywise57 said:

@alphaZomega, you sir truly are a god !!! Thanks a lot for this Jill, and all your other awesome mods over time (being a big fan of Claire, I cannot help but love you)

On another note, does anyone have an invite for the RE2 mods server on discord ? Or any idea on how to find it ? I'm a beginner on Discord and let's say I'm a little confused

I too, also, would greatly appreciate an invite to the Discord.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:15 AM, alphaZomega said:

*In Jason Momoa voice* My man!

12 minutes ago, flyinllama said:

Fabulous job with the Jill nude mod alphaZomega. Any chance this mod can be imported to the RE2Remake as a Claire replacement? 

Been asking around for a discord invite. Tried searching for the mods server on there but cannot find it. 

It is a Claire body - BxB body

On 3/20/2020 at 10:55 PM, alphaZomega said:

You packed it wrong.

You're assuming a base mod folder will be created in the path and there is no such animal, especially if someone just drags and drops because neither 7z nor winrar will create anything unless you specify it, and your ini is one folder down from where it should be, which is normal since there's no base folder for the mod to be in so the ini can initialize it.

Your created path is natives/stm/escape/characters

It needs to be MODNAME/natives/stm/blahblah/blah and the ini file should be in the MODNAME folder, not in natives.

The body is also missing a material map, which is why it has a pixelated rainbow sheen when dynamic shadows hit it, and the weighting on the right thigh and labia has some jank going on, I guess because considering there's not supposed to be any bones there at all.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

You packed it wrong.

You're assuming a base mod folder will be created in the path and there is no such animal, especially if someone just drags and drops because neither 7z nor winrar will create anything unless you specify it, and your ini is one folder down from where it should be, which is normal since there's no base folder for the mod to be in so the ini can initialize it.

Your created path is natives/stm/escape/characters

It needs to be MODNAME/natives/stm/blahblah/blah and the ini file should be in the MODNAME folder, not in natives.

The body is also missing a material map, which is why it has a pixelated rainbow sheen when dynamic shadows hit it, and the weighting on the right thigh and labia has some jank going on, I guess because considering there's not supposed to be any bones there at all.

I know how to pack mods for this game, and it works either as a mod folder within the RAR containing natives + modinfo + screenshot, or as just as natives + modinfo + screenshot right in the RAR, it does not matter. You don't use 7z or Winrar to install mods for RE3 (nor do you even ever need to manually extract the RAR file) because they cannot invalidate the files to be modded inside the game's PAK file. You need to install the mods with FluffyModManager, which supports RE3 Demo in its list of games. The ini file is just for putting a description and author to the mod and is not even needed; modmanager will just name the mod based on its folder name if it's not there.

And what are you even talking about with "material map"? It has a custom ATOS map for shadows already, and ALBM and NRMR for colors and normal+roughness. I'm the only modder who writes tutorials on how to edit MDF (materials) files for these games, so don't try to pretend like you know more than me about this.

Skin weights are transferred directly from BxB, if you don't like them then blame Maliwei / Wolfenoctis. I just wanted to get this out as soon as possible so it would be the first published mod for the game, before a files list for the PAK file was even released.

1 minute ago, alphaZomega said:

I know how to pack mods for this game, and it works either as a mod folder within the RAR containing natives + modinfo + screenshot, or as just as natives + modinfo + screenshot right in the RAR, it does not matter. You don't use 7z or Winrar to install mods for RE3 because they cannot invalidate the files to be modded inside the game's PAK file. You need to install the mods with FluffyModManager, which supports RE3 Demo in its list of games. The ini file is just for putting a description and author to the mod and is not even needed; modmanager will just name the mod based on its folder name if it's not there.

And what are you even talking about with "material map"? It has a custom ATOS map for shadows already, and ALBM and NRMR for colors and normal+roughness. I'm the only modder who writes tutorials for everyone on how to edit MDF (materials) files for these games, so don't try to pretend like you know more than me about this.

Skin weights are transferred directly from BxB, if you don't like them then blame Maliwei / Wolfenoctis. I just wanted to get this out as soon as possible so it would be the first published mod for the game, before a files list for the PAK file was even released.

I've been modding REM/CRI platform capcom game since dragon's dogma for the ps3, and I'm the guy that told you how to fix the seam issue without having to touch the UV map so you assuming you know more than me is frankly incorrect, and you're so eager to be correct you can't cover the basics of packing the file correctly. I never said to use winrar or 7z to INSTALL the mod and your path is wrong, flat as, period, so it doesn't matter what FQM names it, the path is incorrect.

The albedo is off and so are the material maps, that's a simple fact that you can see plain as day looking at Jill's head versus the body, period, end of, you wanna argue it any further you won't be arguing with me cause facts aren't opinions. Look at her face, look at her body, the end, done. Whether you fix it or not is immaterial to me, the only reason this mod got installed is someone whom has my dogma mods installed via FQM asked me to look at it why it wouldn't install.

Fn8z7.jpg

If you can't tell the difference of specularity and albedo between head and face, I don't what to tell you, to whit:

Fn8Ba.jpg

Those pixelated squares exist because there's no light or dark detail contours for the procedural dirt/blood decals to conform to, period. Has nothing to do with like or dislike or any other subjective benchmark. Like last time I have zero dogs, zero crates, not two or three or four, in your imaginary fight. facts are facts.

As for your pathing:

yours:

Fn8CZ.jpg

which ain't gonna launch jack

Correct

Fn8DZ.jpg

which magically works with either steam or FQM launch when installed and pathed correctly, which you've incorrectly stated has to be a certain way.

You tripping over your nether bits in a bid to get the precious precious upvotes ain't doing any of your supporters anything, so maybe you need to take a step back before putting your armor on backwards and charging at a castle that doesn't actually exist.

@27X

???

Are you serious? Have you even made a single mod for RE2 before? I don't care if you made mods for some other Capcom game, the MT Framework ones don't work the same as the RE Engine ones. Your "correct" pathing would not even work, the modmanager needs for the natives folder to be in either the root directory of the RAR file or one folder down. Installing the mod with your pathing just results in this:

Spoiler

image.png.b67d9641a37c9e9b1c4ed84d16729d82.png

It copies the Jill folder into the game directory, because it expects to find the natives folder there instead (which it would normally merge with the main natives folder from all the other mods installed, if it were there). I don't even know why I'm arguing with you when you don't even seem to realize what Fluffy Mod Manager is nor what it does, and just go about pretending like you're some expert like all games are modded the same way... If my pathing is so definitively wrong (in bold, with a "period", VERY emphasized), then how is the mod working? For me and all the other people who use it?

And if your issue with the shadows is this:

Spoiler

image.png.bebad9eced6e1e14c0af68ec9cf9c48d.png

That is something present on her face in your own screenshot, and is just an issue with how the game renders shadows. The dirt you are so sure is procedural is actually a part of her normal map; only the blood is generated. I've studied the blood masks, and no amount of "materials maps" texture work will change them to look better; they are just low res. And yes, her diffuse skin textures could have been matched better (though I did darken it to try and make it match more), but I could only test my matching by reinstalling the mod and relaunching the game. You are so far the only person to make a complaint. It is version 0.1 of the mod, created before we even had any of Jill's textures nor any of their names outside of the ones I found by searching + studying the results of my own RE hook log, and I have not yet released any updates to it.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:04 AM, 27X said:

and I'm the guy that told you how to fix the seam issue without having to touch the UV map so you assuming you know more than me is frankly incorrect, and you're so eager to be correct you can't cover the basics of packing the file correctly.

I've never learned shit about neck seams from you, but please, indulge me. What was this killer tip you told me that "fixed the neck seam issue"? And without even having to touch the UV map, I thought it couldn't be done! ...as if moving the UVs would somehow even improve a neck seam problem. I minimize neck seams on mods without chokers by averaging normals across both objects together and feather-select blending to the original textures (both of which techniques I learned on my own).

I'm not sure what your problem is with me or my mods (which I post here for free), but you are starting to get on my nerves.

Thanks alphaZomega for taking the time to do this! As an erotic fantasy enthusiast, growing up with Vampirella, Lady Death, Druuna, FAKK2, Shanna, and so many more, it's such a pleasure to be able to enjoy erotic and lewd mods for Resident Evil games! Your RE2R mods are some of my favourite, though Curvy Claire by es47 is my ULTIMATE favourite nude Claire (hint hint hehe)