[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

4 hours ago, Magnusk7 said:

Just figured it out. You need LLFP apparentally, didn't realise that. Going to restate the problem I was having again so that its easier for someone to find this on google if they fuck up like I did: Whenever I would start an AAF animation, it would bug out and the actors would clip and stand inside each other instead of the correct animation.

I think I had this. It's mentioned on RMR or Unhealthy craving page. It's key that LLFP overwrites RMR.

image.png

17 hours ago, Magnusk7 said:

Well I was gone for a while so late response, but I tried what people suggested and removed real handcuffs to see if that would fix it. Whenever an AAF scene starts, all npcs just stand inside each other. I don't think I installed animations wrong cause I don't see how you could even do it wrong with MO2. I feel like i'm missing something dumb and I'm just kinda stumped.

Do you have anything overwriting AAF or F4SE scripts? For example, NativeSync or an old version of ZazOut4? Try using the AAF_GFV.exe utility available on Moddingham to see if you missed something obvious, or check in with the help channels of the AAF Discord like the first part of the manual recommends.

13 hours ago, Magnusk7 said:

Just figured it out. You need LLFP apparentally, didn't realise that. Going to restate the problem I was having again so that its easier for someone to find this on google if they fuck up like I did: Whenever I would start an AAF animation, it would bug out and the actors would clip and stand inside each other instead of the correct animation.

Yes, make sure you have a new version of LLFP. AAF ships with a version sufficient for its purposes, but other mods also include a copy with varying vintages (Real Handcuffs, Rad Morphing Redux, and there's a few more including some random stuff on Nexus Mods). Worst case, you should be able to always install the newest version from LL and make sure it overwrites everything else, but usually just making sure AAF's copy wins all conflicts is fine so long as you always track the latest AAF releases.

11 hours ago, Sedoso said:

My game crashes when i try to open LooksMenu, i followed every step in this guide and used Vortex to install most mods, does anyone knows a fix?

Are you sure Buffout 4 is correctly installed and working? Double-check your f4se.log to make sure the DLL for it says it was loaded successfully. If Buffout 4 is correctly installed and working, it should have produced a crashlog with additional details that could explain the cause of the crash you experienced.

8 hours ago, hamigui said:
ok this may sound silly but I'm new to using mods... how do I activate it in the game after I've installed everything?

The beginning of the manual tells you what game configuration edits you need to make. As far as how to install/deploy mods into the game folder, that depends entirely on which mod manager you've decided to use (MO2, Vortex...) but it should have its own documentation you'll want to get familiar with in any case, that's really out of scope for this guide. When you start the game, make sure you're running f4se_loader.exe rather than fallout4.exe, and whatever you do don't touch the "mods" option in the game's main menu (it only works for mods downloaded from Steam I think now that bethesda.net is gone? but anyway it'll break mods installed by external mod managers).

On 3/10/2024 at 8:31 AM, vaultbait said:

LooksMenu and BodySlide are unrelated, and use different slider definitions. Make sure the "build morphs" checkbox is checked in BodySlide and build only the outfits and body replacers you're using (for example, don't batch build both FG and CBBE versions of the body or for outfits, since one will end up overwriting the other and 50% of the time it'll be the one you didn't want). If you're using FG, make sure to install ZeX-ZBG so that you'll have the LooksMenu slider data.

To the best of my knowledge, that is what I had done. Only ever installed CBBE bodies, and I have confirmed that the only outfits I have installed are described as CBBE refits. I have also checked, and .tri files are being generated to where I assume are the appropriate locations (the same location as the corresponding .nif file).

In game, the appropriate tab in looksmenu exists with the bodyslide morphs. The nude body changes shape as expected. For some outfits, the outfit changes shape as expected. For other outfits, the body changes while the outfit does not, leading to clipping.

good job and thank you for these tips i used them one by one but in the end after some progress  with mods by using vortex in game i failed i could not progress in game . i failed ,the mods conflicted with each other specially the body style fusion girl with cbbe ... and alot else i want a big noobs help because i dont want to get my hands away from these loving fallout 4 mods all of them. i request step by step moding by vortex mod manager so i not make any mistake ..... is there any hope for me :)

On 3/13/2024 at 2:28 AM, Sedoso said:

My game crashes when i try to open LooksMenu, i followed every step in this guide and used Vortex to install most mods, does anyone knows a fix?

Just install the latest version of lookmenu.
I literally never seen that penis thing they describe happen.

Hi, sorry, long time lurker with a question. Does Indarello's "Patch for animations" still not work, or is still obsolete?

It is still posted under obsolete, but unlike the other files under the obsolete title, it's not stated to be obsolete. It just says in the parantheses next to it, [Usually named "AnimationAddonsAndFixes" in Vortex.] instead of [Obsolete]

I'm using AAF 166.0beta, and just realised there's been updates since lol.

I go on the discord, I'm still very new to discord. Only problem, I can't find the download for the latest version! It's probably obvious, but can anyone tell me where to navigate to find the latest version, please.

6 hours ago, M.BISON said:

I'm using AAF 166.0beta, and just realised there's been updates since lol.

I go on the discord, I'm still very new to discord. Only problem, I can't find the download for the latest version! It's probably obvious, but can anyone tell me where to navigate to find the latest version, please.

Moddingham have latest. V171. AAF

Edited by deff_lv
1 minute ago, WaitingForGlobes said:

Seems like we need to log in to have access to this page, but there's nothing to register to Moddingham

Don't know. I downloaded from there and yes, you have to register. 

Why does it say in the manual that you should skip TSEX HARDSHIP?

TSEX and TSEX Hardship Alpha - [IT'S A MODDERS RESOURCE]

Technically speaking, none of them are modders resources, both are working and HARDSHIP is completely playable once you set the hotkey.

26 minutes ago, recursive said:

Why does it say in the manual that you should skip TSEX HARDSHIP?

TSEX and TSEX Hardship Alpha - [IT'S A MODDERS RESOURCE]

Technically speaking, none of them are modders resources, both are working and HARDSHIP is completely playable once you set the hotkey.

The author declared it unfinished because not everything they intended to add was completed, and so put the words "modders resource" in the name of the file page. The maintainers of the Manual would rather not support such mods, so it's on their do-not-install list. What it ultimately means is that if you install TSEX/TSEX-Hardship and have any problems don't ask for help in the AAF Discord. First check whether you can reproduce the problem with TSEX/TSEX-Hardship uninstalled.

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

What it ultimately means is that if you install TSEX/TSEX-Hardship and have any problems don't ask for help in the AAF Discord.

Why not write exactly that instead of implying it? It's not like you are charged per-character or something. When I was reading the manual I deferred to the authority of the authors and indeed skipped them until my curiosity took over for an independent look.

Anyway, just thought to issue a correction, not like it's a big deal.

Once again I'm finding myself writing before reading. I'm pretty sure this comment is the reason behind this decision, however the issue seems to have been resolved? And manifested for a single user? Unless I'm totally wrong, this is hardly a reason to throw away a perfectly working mod that many enjoy in my opinion.

EDIT: well, it's not literally working perfectly of course, it was a figure of speech, but by the standards of LL it's quite up there with the better of them -- it's my own experience, as well as the general feedback from others as I was able to perceive it. Just don't use the voice for OG hardship with TSEX hardship, it breaks the dialogue.

Edited by recursive
2 hours ago, recursive said:

Once again I'm finding myself writing before reading. I'm pretty sure this comment is the reason behind this decision, however the issue seems to have been resolved? And manifested for a single user? Unless I'm totally wrong, this is hardly a reason to throw away a perfectly working mod that many enjoy in my opinion.

EDIT: well, it's not literally working perfectly of course, it was a figure of speech, but by the standards of LL it's quite up there with the better of them -- it's my own experience, as well as the general feedback from others as I was able to perceive it. Just don't use the voice for OG hardship with TSEX hardship, it breaks the dialogue.

Agreed, though I have doubts the maintainers of the Manual will revisit that decision until the maintainers of TSEX and TSEX-Hardship take the words "modders resource" out of the mod's title. It's unfortunate, yes, because they're quite excellent mods, a significant improvement over OG Hardship, and I've been a happy user of them ever since they were initially uploaded.

My point was that the Manual attempts to coalesce the consensus opinion of the people who provide support to new AAF users in Discord and, to some extent (though not officially), here on LL as well. It's still just a set of opinions which users are welcome to disregard in part or in whole if they feel they know better, but if they make that choice then they also need to respect the wishes of the AAF Discord support crew and not ask for help with problems that may arise as a result.

I have a general question about downloading mods mid-playthrough, then starting a new game, and then going back and forth between the two. If one save file gets messed up (ex. new game due to the [074] AAF Error) but I managed to fix it by following the guide posted on reddit (4) [Fo4] Is there a fix for this? I've made too much progress on this save so I dont wish to make a new one : FalloutMods (reddit.com), would it be safe to go back and forth between different game files? I don't want to take any chances by opening my older game save.