[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

2 hours ago, Kazingo said:

Tried this, Dogmeat is still missing his meat

You need either UAP or Creature Resources, but it's possible you have some other sort of mod conflict (like something that gives dogmeat a unique body?). You're better off following the recommendation at the beginning of the guide to reach out to the help channels of the AAF Discord for faster assistance with troubleshooting this.

On 4/23/2024 at 2:38 AM, Kazingo said:

Tried this, Dogmeat is still missing his meat

For me this was installed by UAP, but I did not include Leito animations when installing UAP, so the erection fix was above the newer Leito animations in my load order. I put the erection fix after Leito and Dogmeat is now functional, not sure about other dogs though.

23 hours ago, vaultbait said:

ZeX-ZBG installs (among other things such as LooksMenu support for BT and FG) two separate empty plugins corresponding to its included female and male BodyGen config samples. LooksMenu only reads BodyGen configuration from directories whose names match enabled plugins. Disabling the plugins for the configs you don't want will cause BodyGen to no longer reshape new NPCs you encounter. That won't reset the body shapes for NPCs you've already encountered, but you can use console commands or a mod like HBD_MorphDebug to clear the existing morphs from those NPCs if they bother you.

Thanks for the explanation. I tried the console commands I know, but they didn't work, HBD MorphDebug did the trick, thank you. 👍

Edited by Whacked

Hoping someone smarter than me can help. I've got 99% of this working but the last issue is men have underwear on. And sometimes their faces are a different color than the rest of the body. Only happening to men.

P.S. huge thanks to all you modders out there. You rock!

6 hours ago, snackiecake6996 said:

Hoping someone smarter than me can help. I've got 99% of this working but the last issue is men have underwear on. And sometimes their faces are a different color than the rest of the body. Only happening to men.

P.S. huge thanks to all you modders out there. You rock!

Sounds like you didn't install BodyTalk, or you built its "never nude" preset in BodySlide rather than a "cut" or "uncut" nude preset.

Per the note at the top of the guide, seek ye assistance in help channels of ye AAF Discord.

11 minutes ago, Alaswing said:

does anyone have a way to do this with just a download :P, since the update we cant use F4ase right, it took me a lot of time to install everything and finally Fallout update :(

Don't update your copy of Fallout 4 yet, or restore it from the backup you made before the update happened (it was announced widely and far in advance).

i had a general question about the latest update since f4se doesn't work, once a new version of f4se is made available will most mods that depend on it work again or will all of them need to be updated to new versions? If that's the case, then I will try to revert the update but if not, it would be better to wait for a new f4se right? Also does anyone know if having mods currently enabled with vortex crash or corrupt files if I try to overwrite the updated files with the old ones? dam it all this cause I forgot to disable automatic updates.

Edited by eaterants

Heyho,

Most of the time I play Skyrim, but like many others, I'm considering getting back into FO4 because of the Amazon series.
I'm familiar with modding in Skyrim, I've also created a few mods myself. I'm mainly hoping to learn the differences between Skyrim and FO4 here.

For this reason, I've been browsing both LL and the Nexus for successful mods and came across the Native Animation Framework (NAF), which sounds like the successor to the Advanced Animation Framework (AAF).
My question: is it really the successor/descendant/follow-up? To what extent do the two differ? Can I simply replace the AAF from this manual with the NAF?

And more general: Which mods other than those described in this manual are essential or recommended? Bug Fixes, F4SE plugins, UI changes, mandatory Gameplay enhancements both SFW and NSFW... I know of the STEP Guide for FO4, but since it's from mid '23, is it still usable or sufficiently up-to-date?

Same as Mister X.

Already familiar with modding Skyrim. My question is : worth waiting for the F4SE update or better to simply downgrade to previous version?

I don't want to wait for the F4SE update to then find out that the majority of the mod aren't working.

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

is it really the successor/descendant/follow-up? To what extent do the two differ? Can I simply replace the AAF from this manual with the NAF?

It's not a successor in the usual sense, as both AAF and NAF are being developed in parallel. I haven't tried NAF but I've heard from people who are trying to use it that there are features from AAF it doesn't support and differences in how it handles certain API calls. I personally don't support NAF use with my mods, and expect users who encounter bugs to first reproduce them with actual AAF before I'll look into the situation further.

This manual recommends actual AAF, not an AAF substitute. Other documents you find elsewhere might disagree, but if you want to follow one of those instead then take any questions up with its author, since they would be off-topic here and any answers you do get are likely to be no more helpful than mine.

1 hour ago, Lady Wintrish said:

worth waiting for the F4SE update or better to simply downgrade to previous version?

I don't want to wait for the F4SE update to then find out that the majority of the mod aren't working.

If you want to play any time soon, use the previous Fallout 4 version not this week's update. Once F4SE gets updated, there are still tons of other fundamental mods that extend F4SE with their own DLLs that will probably also need updates, and without those intermediate dependencies working most of what's listed in the manual isn't going to function either.

Sorry to bother, I was wondering if someone could point me to where the settings are regarding the toggle/switch for positions? I'm playing a female char, but I wanna top my female companions. I see there's a mod for it from 2020, but I was wondering if there's actually a setting for it somewhere I'm missing

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If you want to play any time soon, use the previous Fallout 4 version not this week's update. Once F4SE gets updated, there are still tons of other fundamental mods that extend F4SE with their own DLLs that will probably also need updates, and without those intermediate dependencies working most of what's listed in the manual isn't going to function either.

Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for the answer :)

I'm having the standard bug where no animations play, but Admin mode doesn't show any errors beyond standard warnings (chair missing and that sort of thing).

NPCs just stand there superimposed over each other for the duration of the scene.

I have a huge mod order, but I've followed this manual to no avail.

And no matter what I do with rearranging the mod order, nothing changes for the better.

Are there some obvious things that cause what I'm seeing, or is it up to me to just turn off one mod at a time to see where the conflict is? (I'm hoping to try some more things before going that route as it will take a lot of time I could be playing instead.)

21 hours ago, Mister X said:

Heyho,

Most of the time I play Skyrim, but like many others, I'm considering getting back into FO4 because of the Amazon series.
I'm familiar with modding in Skyrim, I've also created a few mods myself. I'm mainly hoping to learn the differences between Skyrim and FO4 here.

For this reason, I've been browsing both LL and the Nexus for successful mods and came across the Native Animation Framework (NAF), which sounds like the successor to the Advanced Animation Framework (AAF).
My question: is it really the successor/descendant/follow-up? To what extent do the two differ? Can I simply replace the AAF from this manual with the NAF?

And more general: Which mods other than those described in this manual are essential or recommended? Bug Fixes, F4SE plugins, UI changes, mandatory Gameplay enhancements both SFW and NSFW... I know of the STEP Guide for FO4, but since it's from mid '23, is it still usable or sufficiently up-to-date?

I just recently did a play through of FO4 that lasted about 1 month. It was years ago that I did a play through. There are several mods that are a cut above your standard mods that add a lot to the game. Both storied  and structural.  I did not get a chance to use NAF but can tell you AAF is no where near Skyrim quality. I have been told by several reliable sources that NAF is higher quality but does not have enough contributors to make it a viable alternative for long term play through. It was worth the play through but with the quality of your mods I can tell your attention will not last. Another problem is that its extremely hard to get certain male and female bodies to play nice with each other. There is a lot reading on how to combine bodies, and if you decide you want to try a different body for your next play through more than likely you will be doing a lot of research to make it work and even then expect problems. It is worth doing but do not expect things to work as easy as Skyrim.

22 hours ago, kurikinton said:

I'm having the standard bug where no animations play, but Admin mode doesn't show any errors beyond standard warnings (chair missing and that sort of thing).

NPCs just stand there superimposed over each other for the duration of the scene.

I have a huge mod order, but I've followed this manual to no avail.

And no matter what I do with rearranging the mod order, nothing changes for the better.

Are there some obvious things that cause what I'm seeing, or is it up to me to just turn off one mod at a time to see where the conflict is? (I'm hoping to try some more things before going that route as it will take a lot of time I could be playing instead.)

Incentally, since I posted this comment, I tried turning off all the mods except AAF and it's requirements, and still I get the everyone-just-stands-there bug  without any animations.

How to download the 1.71 version of AAF? Cant find on the link in the guide, theres an empty discord server. I found only a previous version on Nexus

This should probably be an FAQ, but you have to read and react to the post in the #rules channel before other channels for things like help and mod downloads become available.

2 minutes ago, Lady Wintrish said:

Yep thank you. I didn't know that I have to react.

If you read the post, it instructs you to add a reaction. Perhaps it's worded confusingly and could be made clearer on that point. Is there alternate wording that would have been more understandable when you read through it?

Well, i've just finished installing everything and launched the game. AAF installed correctly. Followed the guide in the first page step by step.

Fastest way to test some animations? I don't even remember the basics mechanic of the vanilla game, i've played it 8 years ago.

AAF has an on-screen interface which can be toggled with the HOME key on your keyboard (by default, assuming you have a US-104 or similar keyboard layout). It includes some context prompting which should be fairly self-explanatory for setting up test scenes in order to ensure it's basically functional.

30 minutes ago, AfterPartyyy said:

dunno what I did but now AAF refuses to load beyond 68%

As the beginning of the guide states, seek assistance in the help channels of the AAF Discord.

The most likely causes of AAF not being able to load past 68% is that you have different versions of mods than are required by the guide (in some cases it may have you install older than latest versions of things), or you have something installed which the guide did not instruct you to add (especially older animation patch mods).