[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

When building Bodytalk's body, even with erection set at 0%, the dick remains flaccid until I equip and unequip the dude's outfit during the animation. I had the same issue with BT 3.0, and I'm at 3.8, on a brand new save too. If I don't actually build the body, I don't get this issue.

17 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

For most of us, once our desire to create or support our/other's mods is outweighed by anxiety and dread at the thought of it, we pull back, either partially, or entirely, and often, just disappear.

Yeah, i know first-hand how exhausting it is but like you said, you are under no obligation to assist anyone with anything, just whenever you feel like it.
So don't let it get to you and disappear on all of us, it's always sad when ppl do that (it's a small community).

1 hour ago, ColAugust said:

Are Robco Patcher and Spell Perk Item Distributor doing the same? Do they conflict with each other? I'm asking because some mods requires SPID, some mods requires Robco and I really don't know if I have to mess with both of them or can use only one.

RobCo Patcher and Spell Perk Item Distributor work in slightly different ways. They can do some of the same things, though RobCo patcher covers a lot more variety of use cases. RobCo Patcher is also newer than Spell Perk Item Distributor, so some mods which implemented solutions with SPID might have chosen to use RBC instead had it existed at the time.

You can have them both installed (I do). They shouldn't interfere with each other as long as you don't have two different mods trying to do the same exact things with them.

On 9/20/2023 at 12:03 PM, ColAugust said:

It says that I have to put this mod at the very end of my load order, should I put it before or after AAF, animations, UAP and patches?

When most people mention 'load order', they mean PLUGINS.

Pisses me off a bit that no one makes a distinction between MOD and PLUGIN 'load order'. Smh.

PoS's PLUGIN needs to be near the bottom, not the mod/mod files itself/themselves.

Whereas AAF-wise, what matters is MOD order because of mod file overwrites. Where AAF's plugins are doesn't really matter and Vortex Auto-Sort/MO2's Sort button take care of the general rule of loading ESM, then ESL and finally ESPs in the proper order.

Edited by Saya Scarlett
2 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

Pisses me off a bit that no one makes a distinction between MOD and PLUGIN 'load order'. Smh.

PoS's PLUGIN needs to be near the bottom, not the mod/mod files itself/themselves.

Whereas AAF-wise, what matters is MOD order because of mod file overwrites. Where AAF's plugins are doesn't really matter and Vortex Auto-Sort/MO2's Sort button take care of the general rule of loading ESM, then ESL and finally ESPs in the proper order.

Thank you for the explanation, I will distinguish them, promise!

"Load order" can pretty much only correctly be used to refer to the ordering of plugins, since the game quite literally uses a file called loadorder.txt to hold that information.

"Install order" (or installation) has classically been the term for the precedence of files between different mods, to determine how conflicts over a common filename can be resolved. It;s a bit of a misnomer in the modern era of mod managers that support adjusting the overwrite/override order of files on the fly without reinstalling, so I'll sometimes use the terms "deploy order" (or deployment) instead.

16 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

This.

That's why i quitted LOOT, i used to sort the plugins by my own. (They could have done it based on my mod sections, mo2, from categories.)

And sometimes it gives me a headache to figure out which plugins work with another, too... Complicated to say. Its weird.

9 hours ago, EngineGaming said:

This.

That's why i quitted LOOT, i used to sort the plugins by my own. (They could have done it based on my mod sections, mo2, from categories.)

And sometimes it gives me a headache to figure out which plugins work with another, too... Complicated to say. Its weird.

I guess that was using LOOT as a separate tool? Vortex's auto-sort includes LOOT as one of the inputs it uses to guess optimal plugin ordering, but allows the user to override those guesses and impose any arbitrary priorities/sequencing they want.

32 minutes ago, ColAugust said:

How do you guys handle the ESP limit? Converting ESP into ESL, merging them or doing somethings else?

If mods you're using offer an ESL orESL-flagged ESP plugin option, switch to that (though doing so mid-playthrough could prove problematic depending on the mod, best to ask the mod's maintainer whether it's safe to do so).

If you're using the Vortex mod manager, its plugins view can be filtered by any that "could be light" and then there's a button to the far right of them that says "make light" you can click to automatically flag them as ESL. Note that this may particularly cause problems for mods that have audio voice lines, so I tend to only use it to flag plugins for mundane stuff like clothing collections or simple patches. Other mod managers may have a similar feature, or tools like FO4Edit/zEdit can be used to do it too.

It's worth noting that Vortex's flagging feature does not renumber any forms in plugins, it scans them and only says they "could be light" if all the forms they add are within the allowed range for a light master (in FO4 that's 0x000 through 0xFFF). Avoid "compacting" or otherwise renumbering forms in a plugin unless you really know what you're doing, since it can create all sorts of problems for outside systems or other mods which integrate with it (for example, renumbering idle forms will cause AAF to be unable to find them).

Also, and most importantly (maybe I should have started with this), uninstall mods you don't need. Go over your mod list regularly and, when you're starting a new playthrough, make sure you disable or uninstall any you aren't sure you want to use. It's easier to add new mods mid-playthrough than to remove them, after all.

Edited by vaultbait
16 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If mods you're using offer an ESL orESL-flagged ESP plugin option, switch to that (though doing so mid-playthrough could prove problematic depending on the mod, best to ask the mod's maintainer whether it's safe to do so).

If you're using the Vortex mod manager, its plugins view can be filtered by any that "could be light" and then there's a button to the far right of them that says "make light" you can click to automatically flag them as ESL. Note that this may particularly cause problems for mods that have audio voice lines, so I tend to only use it to flag plugins for mundane stuff like clothing collections or simple patches. Other mod managers may have a similar feature, or tools like FO4Edit/zEdit can be used to do it too.

It's worth noting that Vortex's flagging feature does not renumber any forms in plugins, it scans them and only says they "could be light" if all the forms they add are within the allowed range for a light master (in FO4 that's 0x000 through 0xFFF). Avoid "compacting" or otherwise renumbering forms in a plugin unless you really know what you're doing, since it can create all sorts of problems for outside systems or other mods which integrate with it (for example, renumbering idle forms will cause AAF to be unable to find them).

Also, and most importantly (maybe I should have started with this), uninstall mods you don't need. Go over your mod list regularly and, when you're starting a new playthrough, make sure you disable or uninstall any you aren't sure you want to use. It's easier to add new mods mid-playthrough than to remove them, after all.

Now that's a comprehensive advice, thank you! ?

I'm using MO2 and had tried FO4Edit + Ruddy88 ESLify so far, converted half of my ESP to ESL and hope my mods won't break.

Edited by ColAugust
18 hours ago, ColAugust said:

Now that's a comprehensive advice, thank you! ?

I'm using MO2 and had tried FO4Edit + Ruddy88 ESLify so far, converted half of my ESP to ESL and hope my mods won't break.

Looks like that's this script? From the description, looks like it doesn't renumber/compact forms in the plugins, so is probably safe. The fact that it asks whether you're using Skyrim or Fallout 4 implies that it also knows the difference between the ESL form ranges between those (Skyrim only allows forms in the 0x800 to 0xFFF range), so that's good.

Hi! Kinda weird - Is it BodyGen files issue? Removed all non-human themes, reinstalled UAP removing everything non-human related.

It looks like this is something else but i completely don't understand. Overlay set means tattoos, but how it can be related to AAF? Is AAF new version forcing to use...LooksMenu 0.6.18 instead of 0.6.20? Previously i had no issues running AAF + LM 0.6.20 with Buffout 4 patch for LM

image_2023-09-25_014820975.png

Looks like according to this topic

Random overlay framework is incompatible with UAP. What i can use as a substitute? Animations addons & fixes?

Removed UAP, now i get this
image.thumb.png.ed9add86e24f9ba80053b00a573fb206.png

As i understand this is because...well, UAP or smth on it's place is actually needed

Removed Random overlay framework & UAP - get the same error
Removing only overlay framework i get first image

Edited by GroBmeister
On 9/23/2023 at 6:19 AM, EngineGaming said:

This.

I follow the FUCKING MANUAL  exactly and everything always worked, for years, same install;  Now,, I have changed my Base Game  from Horizon 1.93 to using Maim, True Damage, Damn Apocalypse and "Scrap Everything".  I cannot get UAP to work  with stability, could that be one of these heavy mods causing conflicts?  PS :  AAF Creature Resource still works  instead of UAP, but anims are not in proper orders,, very random.

I know you are busy,, so question:  These heavy mods like Maim 2 can possibly  effect UAP? 

Or is "The Will of Atom" and " Companion Ivy" more likely problems?

chair worship.png

15 hours ago, Daangerousda said:

I follow the FUCKING MANUAL  exactly and everything always worked, for years, same install;  Now,, I have changed my Base Game  from Horizon 1.93 to using Maim, True Damage, Damn Apocalypse and "Scrap Everything".  I cannot get UAP to work  with stability, could that be one of these heavy mods causing conflicts?  PS :  AAF Creature Resource still works  instead of UAP, but anims are not in proper orders,, very random.

I know you are busy,, so question:  These heavy mods like Maim 2 can possibly  effect UAP? 

Or is "The Will of Atom" and " Companion Ivy" more likely problems?

chair worship.png

I find the scrap everything a bug breaking mod. I never used it.

5 hours ago, EngineGaming said:

This is not, in reality, true. It's been proven you can actually see a net gain in performance and are able to build even more stuff before reaching the vanilla limit.

The issue arises from people running bUseCombinedObjects=0.  At the time, people would disable precombines globally and thus cause a multitude of issues and then blame SE.

In short, breaking precombines in --->settlement cells<--- is perfectly fine. With the exception of Bunker Hill and Hangman's Alley. Those are best left alone or cleaned up then rebuild the precombines. ;)

21 hours ago, Daangerousda said:

I cannot get UAP to work  with stability, could that be one of these heavy mods causing conflicts?

Low FPS will cause things to not work correctly. Script processing is tied, for the most part, to FPS. And AAF seems very prone to issues relating to this. This effects FPS to low and to high. It still works, just not as it should.

On 9/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, izzyknows said:

Low FPS will cause things to not work correctly. Script processing is tied, for the most part, to FPS. And AAF seems very prone to issues relating to this. This effects FPS to low and to high. It still works, just not as it should.

lol,, been using UAP for years, even before recent upgrade.  Only differences are:, Im NOT using HOrizone to get a quality and difficult game, Im using mods listed above above,, and SAM ENHANCED animations, Sam Former, ETC,, it worked fine before SAM, and mods: Maim, True Damage and Damn  Apocalypse  were installed. AAF always works no matter what.  ONLY UAP is NOT

Edited by Daangerousda
typos, and I was a abit rude sounding, so fixed it
On 9/26/2023 at 9:54 AM, EngineGaming said:

Come to think of it,, this is also one of the mods I recently began using in Horizon's place,, or, to mimic Horizon qualities without such heavy mod restrictions.  I bet If I want back to Horizon,, everything would be perfect again,, but,, no more game expanding mods , im in a catch 22 I placed myself in.

1 hour ago, Daangerousda said:

lol,, been using UAP for years, even before recent upgrade.  Only differences are:, Im NOT using HOrizone to get a quality and difficult game, Im using mods listed above above,, and SAM ENHANCED animations, Sam Former, ETC,, it worked fine before SAM, and mods: Maim, True Damage and Damn  Apocalypse  were installed. AAF always works no matter what.  ONLY UAP is NOT

Remove SAM & see what happens.