[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

On 5/13/2020 at 10:42 PM, Mike26354 said:

Hi.  First, thank you for all the work you (and others) put into this.  Much appreciated. 

I'm a total newbie at this, and am reluctant to post a broad "it doesn't work" question, but here goes.  I've been hammering at this for several days and have made no progress.  Basically, AAF seems to be "working" but there are no options for any actions or activities other than what is normally in-game.  I believe I  have followed your instructions (and instructions from others) to a 'T'....and several times at that.   There seems to be some disconnect between the game and the mods that I can't figure out.  

I don't know what to post, but I've attached three in-game files with AAF up that might give some clue, plus a copy of my mod directory.

I'm using Vortex, made the mods to the Fallout4custom.ini file, followed the load order enabling the onebang patch only after all other mods have been enabled (Vortex shows no load conflicts), etc.,  I've tried the Mod Configuration Menu a few times too, but nothing shows up after it loads in game.  I manually deploy mods at the end of every re-configuration to make sure the changes stick.  

Perhaps the problem is that I have my game files on a drive other than my 'C' drive?  I just don't know....grasping at straws.  As you can see, I'm getting a bunch of DLC errors but I don't think that is an issue...I don't know.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.  Even it is nothing more than to point me to where I should be looking.  To be honest, I don't even know what the in-game interface is supposed to look like so maybe I'm simply not handing that end of it properly.

Thanks in advance.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:19 PM, Simcaa said:

AAF just stops loading at 30%. Why do I even bother lol.

So Skyrim works perfectly with over 300 mods while Fallout can't works properly with 5, how is that possible?

I already checked the AAF faq, installed only the necessary mods, same result.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:22 AM, Elllollos said:

hi, i just seem to have a huge problem, probably regarding install or load order, i started to use mod organizer to install fallout 4 mods, however i started to have issues such as right after succesfully loading a save file, when menus start running, the game freezes and goes straight to a ctd, the same happens when i move my character with the Xbox one controller and when scrolling down menu on the pause mod, i tried disabling my mods and also uninstalling some of them and returning to the load order that wasn't giving me conflicts but no luck, mod manager says i have 290 active plugins, although just barely 160 mods are esm and esp files and the rest true, flagged and converted esl files, i tried to follow thuggyfied guide and tried to join their discord but they don't have a troubleshooting forum like other guides, anyway here i leave my mod list, plugin list and load order in case someone figures out what the problem might be, thanks in advance

image.png.ead381a9158e59a616e478116e3836df.png

Lol after re-interpreting SayKorn's guide, I have managed to make it work. No more stuck at 30% with AAF b133. This is done from scratch step by step below using Vortex.

1. Install AAF, AAF themes and all animations (yes including SC 1.2). Then install One Patch. DO NOT install Custom Moans, Indarello and Silver's Erection fix yet. Use Vortex rules per SayKorn's guide.

2. Install Custom Moans. Use Vortex to rule it per SayKorn's guide.

2. MAKE SURE TO UNTICK the SavageCabbages option in the FOMOD prompt for Indarello, then install his patch and rule it by following Saykorn's guide on Vortex.

3. MAKE SURE TO UNTICK the SavageCabbages option in the FOMOD prompt for Silver's Erection fix, then install his patch and rule it by following Saykorn's guide on Vortex..

If you installed correctly Vortex should have notified you 4-5 times to warn about conflicts during this entire process. Those prompts are to facilitate the load rules that Saykorn set out in his guide. Follow them correctly and everything will work. To reiterate dagobaking's point on AAF: if it gets stuck at whatever percentage, it is DEFINITELY a load order issue.

14 hours ago, Vel W said:

You've guessed my preferred mod installer correctly.

Seeing that you've presented quite a few evidence to back up your reasoning~~please ignore what I said above. I assumed some functional and structural similarities between NMM and its successor Vortex. I stand corrected.

If someone were to change Vortex's deployment method to that which NMM uses ["Move Deployment (Experimental!)"], it might be possible to do, but even then, it's difficult to run into that same issue, as you can install and sort mods until you've got them set how you like, and then deploying them. NMM can only really 'deploy' anything on-install. It's effectively a glorified database (which can corrupt, and fuck you over, ironically), and GUI that does much the same as a user keeping meticulous notes and manually installing.

Tannin's USVFS was what separated MO1 from other mod managers, as it didn't need to do this, and could keep mods separate from the game folders, and add them "at runtime".
Was then hired by Nexus to create Vortex, and MO1 was picked up by the community and reworked to avoid some previous issues MO1 had, and is now MO2.
As such, both Vortex and MO2 operate in similar ways, however Vortex has gone with 'hardlink deployment' rather than any form of VFS, and as far as I'm aware, you need both mods and game on the same drive for it to function (which isn't gunna be a common issue unless someone separates their games and mods onto different drives), MO2's USVFS doesn't really care, as long as it has the paths to operate, and read/write permission.

Also, since Nexus designed for wide game coverage, and simplicity given their rather sizable (and not necessarily technically competent) userbase, Vortex obfuscates more control behind UI elements and options. MO2 just throws it at you and expects you to know what you're doing, and covers solely Bethesda titles.

If you were making that assumption between say, FOMM and NMM, I'd understand it, but NMM doesn't really compare too well to MO2/Vortex, at least in their operation and methods, though MO2 is most similar UI-wise at least, to NMM.

Im having an Issue with AAF itself and the Erection Fix by SilverPerv 6.2.1 . IF Im reading it correctly (relatively new to all this still) the MO2 load order says that the Erection Fix needs to ble placed after the One Patch in terms of priority. However when I do this the AAF Scene WIzard fails to load; I just get the spinning dots around the AAF logo. When I have the erection fix before AAF everything stays soft in animations (marp-marp), but animations and teh scene wizard are working fine. Any Idea where I might be going wrong here?

On 5/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

If someone were to change Vortex's deployment method to that which NMM uses ["Move Deployment (Experimental!)"], it might be possible to do, but even then, it's difficult to run into that same issue, as you can install and sort mods until you've got them set how you like, and then deploying them. NMM can only really 'deploy' anything on-install. It's effectively a glorified database (which can corrupt, and fuck you over, ironically), and GUI that does much the same as a user keeping meticulous notes and manually installing.

Tannin's USVFS was what separated MO1 from other mod managers, as it didn't need to do this, and could keep mods separate from the game folders, and add them "at runtime".
Was then hired by Nexus to create Vortex, and MO1 was picked up by the community and reworked to avoid some previous issues MO1 had, and is now MO2.
As such, both Vortex and MO2 operate in similar ways, however Vortex has gone with 'hardlink deployment' rather than any form of VFS, and as far as I'm aware, you need both mods and game on the same drive for it to function (which isn't gunna be a common issue unless someone separates their games and mods onto different drives), MO2's USVFS doesn't really care, as long as it has the paths to operate, and read/write permission.

Also, since Nexus designed for wide game coverage, and simplicity given their rather sizable (and not necessarily technically competent) userbase, Vortex obfuscates more control behind UI elements and options. MO2 just throws it at you and expects you to know what you're doing, and covers solely Bethesda titles.

If you were making that assumption between say, FOMM and NMM, I'd understand it, but NMM doesn't really compare too well to MO2/Vortex, at least in their operation and methods, though MO2 is most similar UI-wise at least, to NMM.

i know this is slightly off topic, but i absolutely adored MO1 with Skyrim and am a little underwhelmed by vortex.

how easy is it to switch to MO2, and is it worth the effort?

22 minutes ago, tonicwalter said:

i know this is slightly off topic, but i absolutely adored MO1 with Skyrim and am a little underwhelmed by vortex.

how easy is it to switch to MO2, and is it worth the effort?

If you've used MO1, it should be pretty easy to get the hang of.
Main issue people always bloody miss, is MO2 creates copies of existing .ini's when creating an instance, and uses the copies, and they always miss that MO2 has an INI editor to alter those .ini's easily.
The .ini "tweak" to enable modding needs to be done through that.

Otherwise, should be straightforward, only issue is you'll need to install everything through MO2 again.
As for switching, that's entirely up to you, and how much Vortex's UI and methodology annoys you, and how much you prefer MO2 :D

On 5/17/2020 at 11:55 PM, NoJoker said:

Not to sound rude...but
To be honest, this AAF mod scene is quite fucked, patches after patches, and patches for outdated patches, then patches to fix patches for older patches, can’t use new animation because patches are outdated for months. Still no MCM menu for AAF, unable to change which slot to strip while in-game, no in-game setting configuration. I miss the SexLab configurations, simple, working, config right in the game. no ini file and XLM editing whatsoever.

This is actually insanity.

Yea it's a mess. It's enough to scare away many new players wanting to get into the FO4 adult world. Heck, I've been around for a bit and it's even daunting to me sometimes. And without a healthy flow of new players, we're not going to get new modders, which will sadly mean the FO4 modding scene is slowly going to dry up eventually (if it isnt already).

What would help is if someone compiled all the old animations that are no longer being maintained and combined it into a single download file. So the animations for leito, crazy, and the many patches for those would just be one mod, call it Legacy AAF Animations or something. So all that's required to do is install the animations (Legacy animation + "newer" animation), then just one patch to fix errors. There should be at most one patch required. Having multiple patches just makes the installation process ridiculous. This would be a start.

But of course the problem is no ones got the time to do that

1 hour ago, tuxagent7 said:

Or also doesn't have the knowledge to do it

Shouldn't be too difficult. All you need to do is create a folder, and dump everything from step #9 to #17 in this guide into the folder, overwriting things in the specified order. Then you just zip the folder. Bam, you have a single downloadable mod that contains all the older animations.

Then the installation process gets a bit more simplified, since there's only 1 patch - indarello - at the end.

I think the only thing that needs to be figured out is getting the animator's permission to redidstribute their animations. Maybe as long as credits are given, it should be ok. But who knows, every mod author is different.

17 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

dump everything from step #9 to #17 in this guide

I thought you were talking about The one patch to bang them all.

But yeah, a legacy animation add-on for the animation that don't update anymore that would simplify it make less steps to install.

I'm coming back to Fallout 4 after a long while and was interested in utilizing this guide. I've got a few questions before I start modding. I'm trying to compile a list of mods with their install order so that I don't mess up too much.

What's your general guide for installing Fusion Girl and BodyTalk? Just the usual install "all of the prereqs and bodyslide"? I know the OCBPC Physics seems to require JaneBod but, is it a necessity? On a side note, how would one get bodyslide to work with Fusion Girl? Will it work naturally? It also looks like Fusion Girl comes with an armor replacer but, I could just find one on my own.

Sorry if this next one sounds repetitive. From my understanding, it's fine to download all of the animations first, go into the One Patch, then install the rest and some of the other miscellaneous mods. Right?

Also, does anyone run this with Unique Player? I'm curious about using it. If you do, what's the setup for it like? 

48 minutes ago, WxRfl said:

I know the OCBPC Physics seems to require JaneBod

Not so you can use JaneBod OR Fusion Girl.

how would one get bodyslide to work with Fusion Girl?

Works the same as CBBE. just remember to build your body with the Morph box ticked.

Sorry if this next one sounds repetitive. From my understanding, it's fine to download all of the animations first, go into the One Patch, then install the rest and some of the other miscellaneous mods. Right?

Best way to start modding is to Download and install in order that they appear in this mod guide. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-13may2020/

Also, does anyone run this with Unique Player? I'm curious about using it. If you do, what's the setup for it like? 

Yes this should work with Unique player but you will have to copy some files over to you unique player folder. Sorry I can't give a better answer as I have not used it.

2 hours ago, mashup47 said:

Best way to start modding is to Download and install in order that they appear in this mod guide. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-13may2020/

So just do One Patch as 16 and reinstall it after installing the animations under it?

2 hours ago, mashup47 said:

Not so you can use JaneBod OR Fusion Girl.

So I just use Fusion Girl and that should be fine? Thanks

Also, can the Fusion Girl bodyslide use any CBBE armor or do I need an extra mod to do the conversion?

1 hour ago, WxRfl said:

So just do One Patch as 16 and reinstall it after installing the animations under it?

So I just use Fusion Girl and that should be fine? Thanks

1. Yes.  if the guide says install then then do so. The biggest mistake people make when modding is not following the install order. INSTALL ORDER IS KEY!

2. Yes but would advise installing Zaz extended Skeleton and also using BodyTalk v3 for the male body.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:49 PM, Indarello said:

Using bodytalk? You need zex skeleton

yep, but for some reason leito's animations never worked for me while following the guide(tried fresh install twice, with both bodies combination), but everything else did. and while doing it by following no guide, it used to work (but then I had other problems), so I gave up on leito's. everything else works like a charm tho!

Seems like I've done something wrong in the installations. I test the surrender option (for RSE, i think) and it goes through with the initial half but, it will never play an animation. Any ideas as to why this would occur?

1 hour ago, WxRfl said:

Seems like I've done something wrong in the installations. I test the surrender option (for RSE, i think) and it goes through with the initial half but, it will never play an animation. Any ideas as to why this would occur?

Two thing's spring to mind 1. you forgot to install ESM RSE resources framework or  missing

15 hours ago, Aimless Drifter said:

Soooo from my understanding this doesn't work in VR, because "Four-Play Main" requires F4SE and doesn't work with F4SEVR :(

From my understanding FourPlay did not always require FSE perhaps you could speak to @DocClox as he was the author of that mod. But has for knowing if it work with the VR version of FSE I have no clue as I do not have a copy of it. Sorry