[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

18 hours ago, GreyWolfOblivionXIII said:

I can't tell what I'm doing wrong here. 

When I load a certain number of mods the game just doesn't load at all or doesn't get past the start menu. Right now all I have loaded is:

BODYSLIDE 

FUSIONGIRL 

BODYTALK

LOOKS MENU

AAF ONE PATCH

VANILLA KINKY CREATURE  ANIMATIONS

ZAZ EXTENDED SKELETON 

All in the order listed in the post. Doesn't anyone know what's happening? 

Delete every mod and start a new game, check if it works (if not, reinstall the game) or if you can load an older save load that one. Then install F4se MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THIS CORRECTLY MANUAL!! start the game and check if its installed. >>>>>>>> START THE GAME WITH F4SE LOADER <<<<<<<<

Then install Bodyslide, Zex and Fusion girl, Body talk and Looks menu. Start game create your character, save two times and quit. 

Install AAF ("Advanced Animation Framework"  << not listed in your list) you need

Install Kinkycreature Theme animations

Install Savage Cabbages Animations << you need at least 1 animations pack

Start the game, check if it loads everything up. Also check if you can get into wizard mode with 'home' key, read

Save a new save file and keep those other 2 as a clean save if anything goes wrong. 

you dont need One patch for this 

When you want to download a mod, READ the mod page for the requirements 

I've been trying to follow this guide, but I always have CTD after several minutes of playing. I've only installed F4SE + 1-6. During gameplay (before the CTD), everything seemed to work fine—CBBE worked, could access AAF menu, etc. But after 5 minutes or so, it crashed.

I still get CTD even after I tried disabling everything except F4SE, so I figured that the problem is with F4SE. 

I've tried "reinstalling" F4SE by deleting f4se_loader and the two dll files (I don't know which files in the Data folder I should mess with) and copying it back, and it still gave me CTD. Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

For the record, playing without F4SE didn't give me any trouble except the alt-tabbing bug, which I have fixed by setting the game to borderless mode.

12 hours ago, silmenir said:

I've been trying to follow this guide, but I always have CTD after several minutes of playing. I've only installed F4SE + 1-6. During gameplay (before the CTD), everything seemed to work fine—CBBE worked, could access AAF menu, etc. But after 5 minutes or so, it crashed.

I still get CTD even after I tried disabling everything except F4SE, so I figured that the problem is with F4SE. 

I've tried "reinstalling" F4SE by deleting f4se_loader and the two dll files (I don't know which files in the Data folder I should mess with) and copying it back, and it still gave me CTD. Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

For the record, playing without F4SE didn't give me any trouble except the alt-tabbing bug, which I have fixed by setting the game to borderless mode.

Use Mod Organizer 2 or your problem won't be solved

On 6/29/2020 at 12:25 AM, ritalmao said:

When using a combination of Silver's Erection Fix and AAF Creature Resources, which one should take priority?

Irrelevant/Redundant. Silver's creature assets have been included in AAF Creature Resources now. And Silver's was primarily made to fix Indarello's backwards ass morph values in his "Patch for Animations".

6 hours ago, noooooooooooo21 said:

How did you solve your CTD issue? I'm getting something similar

Aside from AAF, any other UI related mods installed?

VIS/VIS-G, SimSettlements (unlikely but does have a UI element), DEF_HUD part of DEF_UI?

If you're crashing as you launch the game, you're missing masters. If it's a crash when using the pipboy or going into the perk menu, etc it's probably something to do with the mods i mentioned.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:41 AM, silmenir said:

Playing without F4SE will only render some/a lot (depending on what you have installed) of mods useless. Lot of mods depend on F4SE to even run.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:57 PM, GreyWolfOblivionXIII said:

I do have AAF, the mods I listed are the only ones I installed. Sorry, I'm at work so I'm just typing most of this on my phone. I used Loot but Loot doesn't change the load order. I think that's why I'm confused. When stuff went wrong for me in Skyrim the game would still load, animations just wouldn't play. 

Don't use LOOT. Vortex has its own version integrated and it's sorting your mod plugins constantly based on that.

But if you wanna mess with your plugin order on Vortex, you just go into plugins list and make a rule for "X to load after/before X".

On 6/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, redlantern said:

is there a general rule for the load order of One Patch? i see the load order getting shorter for Vortex and no info on the removed mods.

is it just load One patch after everything but before the Fixs and Patches/Resources?

Support for One Patch has been declining and is now completely void from Themes.

Hence it has been removed. There is now a new patch for Leito by @Tentacus to support several things. And most other animation packs would work without One Patch with the exception of Crazy which doesn't contain XMLs in itself and needs One Patch for Straight/Gay/Lesbian XMLs. So as of right now, Crazy works only for M+M animations until someone makes a patch for it for Straight and Lesbian like One Patch did.

The thing about the load order would depend on when you install it.

If you install it only after the older animations, you load it right after those.

If you install it after all animations, you load it right after the older animations but before everything else.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, NoJoker said:

SCRAP IT, Indarello's patch requires his strap-on mod which is ANOTHER nightmare, requires users to transplant skeleton node in Nifskope if you are using CBBE, stupid headache to use.

Not just that but he makes his own Theme tags (hence that stupid "remove theme tags" option at the end) and uses backwards ass morph values for males.

Apparently, his mod is art and the natural state of a male's penis is erect.

He's a man-child.

"My mod is art"
"This is what i like" <-- So everyone should do what you want instead of what's been set already by EVERY OTHER MODDER? No.

Avoid anything from Indarello like its the fucking covid.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, nitemares said:

And no i can't follow the last 10 pages of contradictory steps on "install this, but not this, then delete this, then more this, then jump on a crowbar, then do this, but not that...."

And that is why i tell everyone at the very start of the guide to GO INTO AAF DISCORD FOR ANY TROUBLESHOOTING.

So about The one patch to bang them all  is that still needed are not  I am redoing my game got most of the mods on the list download  but don't see the one patch on there  was woundering if it is still needed

9 hours ago, Zizzpa said:

So about The one patch to bang them all  is that still needed are not  I am redoing my game got most of the mods on the list download  but don't see the one patch on there  was woundering if it is still needed

the incompatibilities list mentions it, so you don't need it apparently.

meanwhile i'm having wonderful fun trying to figure out where i went wrong when adding the staged Leito's patch and Ulfberth's patch. something was causing AAF to hang on 30% when loading up. the Leito's patch wasn't causing it, so now gonna see if Leito's and Ulferth's causes it.

update: Definitely including Ulferth's patch is causing me issues.
Update 2: after finding an apparent requirement for UAP (Atomic Muscle) and installing it and reinstalling UAP, i still have issues with the patch.
going to post on the forum page of UAP to see if anybody's got a solution.

Log included of most recent run using QASmoke cell (was using a deathclaw and raider for animation tests on the PC.)

AAFLog.UAP Full.log

3 hours ago, FlamingNinja said:

meanwhile i'm having wonderful fun trying to figure out where i went wrong when adding the staged Leito's patch and Ulfberth's patch. something was causing AAF to hang on 30% when loading up. the Leito's patch wasn't causing it, so now gonna see if Leito's and Ulferth's causes it.

update: Definitely including Ulferth's patch is causing me issues.
Update 2: after finding an apparent requirement for UAP (Atomic Muscle) and installing it and reinstalling UAP, i still have issues with the patch.
going to post on the forum page of UAP to see if anybody's got a solution.

Log included of most recent run using QASmoke cell (was using a deathclaw and raider for animation tests on the PC.)

AAFLog.UAP Full.log 108.09 kB · 1 download

Ok   thanks

On 7/1/2020 at 1:20 PM, Saya_Scarlett said:

Not just that but he makes his own Theme tags (hence that stupid "remove theme tags" option at the end) and uses backwards ass morph values for males.

Apparently, his mod is art and the natural state of a male's penis is erect.

He's a man-child.

"My mod is art"
"This is what i like" <-- So everyone should do what you want instead of what's been set already by EVERY OTHER MODDER? No.

Avoid anything from Indarello like its the fucking covid.

I have to say that you are letting your beef with Indarello affect your opinion of the worth of his mod. As much as your guide helped me get past AAF version 133 getting stuck at 30%, my AAF version 133 is working perfectly fine with Indarello's patch. no glitches, no crashes, no end of the world event. My males morph, squirt, deflate on command.  AAF created all the new game issues by not leaving AAF alone and tinkering with stuff that no one actually sees as an ingame improvement. Now AAF 139 does not work for me using all the same parameters that are working now as we speak with AAF 133. Why, because he tinkered again. Why is that our fault, Indarello's fault, One Patch's fault? Modders picking winners and losers is not working well for us, the average gamer.

I have spent 2 hours making tries with Tantacus / indarello /  Saya_Scarlett guides.

Installing from scratch, only body and bodyslide, and following guides step by step, last version of mods :

- Tantacus Staged Fix works perfectly fine

- Saya_Scarlett guide same thing

- Indarello last version of his patch is stuck 30% and i just can't figure what is wrong.  Previous version was ok though. So i gave up and with Cum Overlay i don't loose much (if any)

Thank you Saya_Scarlett for making this guide and keeping it updated 

2 minutes ago, rjrc said:

I have spent 2 hours making tries with Tantacus / indarello /  Saya_Scarlett guides.

Installing from scratch, only body and bodyslide, and following guides step by step, last version of mods :

- Tantacus Staged Fix works perfectly fine

- Saya_Scarlett guide same thing

- Indarello last version of his patch is stuck 30% and i just can't figure what is wrong.  Previous version was ok though. So i gave up and with Cum Overlay i don't loose much (if any)

Thank you Saya_Scarlett for making this guide and keeping it updated 

I could not get Indarello's current version to work with AAF 139, but everything works great with AAF 133. I do not know what is different between the 2 AAF versions, but it is the changes to AAF and not Indarello.

i was not being critical to Indarello, just sharing my tries. You're right i'm using last version of AAF

The modding community is small and i'm gratefull to all modders, including Indarello

On previous version of indarello patch AFF was working but after loading screen i had to wait 6 seconds for AAF to get to 100%. Now with Saya and Tentacus AAF is immediately up so that setup seems more clean to me.