[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

2 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:
  • BakaScrapHeap [Incompatible with Buffout's memory manager option.]

Can someone explain to me what the Buffout memory manager does? 

"expands specific types of game memory"

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3115

This is the main reason it's recommended when using AAF (and especially UAP). In particular, the base game has limited memory for the Shockwave Flash subsystems used to render on-screen interfaces like the HUD, including AAF's on-screen integration, which can lead to a CTD (crash to desktop) when the allotted memory pool for it is overloaded.

7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

This is the main reason it's recommended when using AAF (and especially UAP). In particular, the base game has limited memory for the Shockwave Flash subsystems used to render on-screen interfaces like the HUD, including AAF's on-screen integration, which can lead to a CTD (crash to desktop) when the allotted memory pool for it is overloaded.

As an aside, I use both Buffout and Baka Scrap Heap.  If one goes to the comments section of Baka, (screenshot) there is a post of 4 or 5 changes to the buffout toml file to make them play nicely.  Scroll down to Jereblalock's comment and read that thread.  The Manual quote linked above by vaultbait makes this suggestion:  - If you have Baka ScrapHeap mod installed, set the MemoryManager line to false.
(Then go to Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins, open BakaScrapHeap.toml and set ScrapHeapMult to 4)

Long story longer, the guide is right.  They don't work together.  Unless one makes some known, specific changes to the Buffout.toml.  Then it works fine.  I run over 300 mods typically, and I rarely get ctd.image.png.1f5a7b238e7280e73b140e4b80f317dd.png

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I was reading multiple post, thread and etc regarding B4 & BakaScrap... and I am in mix bag that if I really need both together... Some people say Buffout & BakaScrap can be use perfectly fine together as long as a changes was done on the toml files while some other say you should't use it together with AAF...

5 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

As an aside, I use both Buffout and Baka Scrap Heap.  If one goes to the comments section of Baka, (screenshot) there is a post of 4 or 5 changes to the buffout toml file to make them play nicely.  Scroll down to Jereblalock's comment and read that thread.  The Manual quote linked above by vaultbait makes this suggestion:  - If you have Baka ScrapHeap mod installed, set the MemoryManager line to false.
(Then go to Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins, open BakaScrapHeap.toml and set ScrapHeapMult to 4)

Long story longer, the guide is right.  They don't work together.  Unless one makes some known, specific changes to the Buffout.toml.  Then it works fine.  I run over 300 mods typically, and I rarely get ctd.

Did you use both mod with all those mod listed in this guide and it work perfectly fine?

Trying to double check and confirm it... else I might just disable BakaScrapHeap for profile using those mod.

Sorry if I sounds uncertain.. but I been getting soo many different answer at reddit, steam, nexus and etc that I just need to double check it.

Edited by DrSeptimus
2 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:

I was reading multiple post, thread and etc regarding B4 & BakaScrap... and I am in mix bag that if I really need both together... Some people say Buffout & BakaScrap can be use perfectly fine together as long as a changes was done on the toml files while some other say you should't use it together with AAF...

Yes, the "jury's still out" on combining them. This specific manual conservatively says to avoid the combination, but you're free to dare defying its recommendation. Do so at your own risk, and don't expect the authors of this manual to assist you in solving any resulting Fallout. ?

Edited by vaultbait
5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

HUD you say ?after installing AAF and UAP..., i start getting micro freeze (1 sec max) when pipboy perk pops up on the screen after killing an enemy or even when quest start/stop sometimes. Could be related ?

1 minute ago, lee3310 said:

HUD you say ?after installing AAF and UAP..., i start getting micro freeze (1 sec max) when pipboy perk pops up on the screen after killing an enemy or even when quest start/stop sometimes. Could be related ?

It's really hard to say since the Fallout 4 game engine is a bit of a "black box." Most of my day to day experience is with computer software for which the source code is freely available, so by comparison this is a lot of guesswork and voodoo. Hard to say, really...

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, the "jury's still out" on combining them. This specific manual conservatively says to avoid the combination, but you're free to dare defying its recommendation. Do so at your own risk, and don't expect the authors of this manual to assist you in solving any resulting Fallout. ?

I never expect the author to help me considering the number of people that need their help daily... I can troubleshoot most issues by myself.. the only thing I usually want is a possible alternate solution.. In this case, I just want to confirm if Baka can be used as long there is proper tweaking on the files since I am planning to use several mod that need it. If alternate solution is not plausible, then I would just have to exclude those mod that require Baka Scrapheap. Just like how I have a profile that let me play with AWKCR mod and another for ECO mod.

The only thing I hate the most is when soo many different answer came out. I guess too many cooks spoil the broth.

33 minutes ago, DrSeptimus said:

I never expect the author to help me considering the number of people that need their help daily... I can troubleshoot most issues by myself.. the only thing I usually want is a possible alternate solution.. In this case, I just want to confirm if Baka can be used as long there is proper tweaking on the files since I am planning to use several mod that need it. If alternate solution is not plausible, then I would just have to exclude those mod that require Baka Scrapheap. Just like how I have a profile that let me play with AWKCR mod and another for ECO mod.

The only thing I hate the most is when soo many different answer came out. I guess too many cooks spoil the broth.

i combined them with no problem go ahead (just disable the Memory in buffout that's it)

1 hour ago, lee3310 said:

i combined them with no problem go ahead (just disable the Memory in buffout that's it)

Thanks, glad to get a affirmative answer about it instead of hundred on fuzzy response... I remember when I first time mod and many poor answer would recommend me to use Scrap Everything back when I am looking for scrap mod... some even went as far as recommend me to use it with Place Everywhere when Place Everywhere already have this function exist... :/

Edited by DrSeptimus

I'm at a point now where I need help.

I put on a female body template a few days ago

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48978

switched

Of course, the thing with the physics of movement didn't work afterwards -> skeleton

I got that under control with the help of the instructions - when I bent my knees, the nipples no longer got stuck in the height

Now the male templates were no longer correct - so I switched to "BodyTalk 3".

if I read the instructions correctly -> is "ZeX-Ex V5" required?

because when I load the part for the xx physics I get the following notice on the mod page

"You MUST be logged in to download. NOTE; ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX) is not required to use OCBP.

Do not install ZaZ with CBBE/TWB 3BBB."

"ZeX" is active, the women's breasts "swim" (naked and with clothes) - without it, the naked men's penis "swims".

At the moment my head is smoking and I don't know what to do anymore - I'm asking for advice on how to get this under control

thank you in advance

Spoiler

ich bin jetzt doch an einem Punkt an dem ich Hilfe brauche.

Ich habe vor einigen Tagen einen weiblichen Körpervorlagen auf

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48978

umgestellt

natürlich hat anschliessend die Sache mit der Bewegungs-Physik nicht funktioniert -> Skelett

Das habe ich mit Hilfe der Anleitung in den Griff bekommen - beim in die Knie gehen blieben die Brustwarzen nicht mehr in der Höhe hängen

Nun stimmten die männlichen Vorlagen nicht mehr - also habe ich auf "BodyTalk 3" umgestellt.

wenn ich die Anleitung richtig lese -> wird "ZeX-Ex V5" benötigt?

denn wenn ich das teil für die xx-Physik lade bekomme ich folgenden Hinweis auf der Mod-Seite

"Sie MÜSSEN zum Download eingeloggt sein. HINWEIS; ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX) ist für die Verwendung von OCBP nicht erforderlich.

Installieren Sie ZaZ nicht mit CBBE/TWB 3BBB."

ist "ZeX" aktiv "schwimmen" die Brüste der Frauen (nackt und mit Kleidung) - ohne dem "schwimmt" der Penis der nackten Männer

Momentan qualmt mein Kopf und ich weiss nicht mehr weiter - ich bitte um Ratschläge wie ich das in den Griff bekommen kann

danke im Voraus

9 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:

Did you use both mod with all those mod listed in this guide and it work perfectly fine?

Trying to double check and confirm it... else I might just disable BakaScrapHeap for profile using those mod.

Sorry if I sounds uncertain.. but I been getting soo many different answer at reddit, steam, nexus and etc that I just need to double check it.

I have used both with all the mods from the guide (by all I mean AAF and its requirements and all animation packs).  I also use several other LL/AAF mods, both those featured in the guide and other mods not featured.  I've used this same setup for well over a year.  I can't say that in all that time I've had any problem directly related to running both Buffout 4 and Baka Scrap Heap together.  Just make sure you make the tweaks shown in the comment I posted a screen grab of.  Read the whole comment sub-thread.

To be clear, we don't support running Baka Scrapheap alongside Buffout 4.  If Baka was really needed, it would be in the guide.  As far as I'm aware, Buffout provides better memory management that Baka Scrapheap so I wouldn't advocate using them together.  So if you come to the AAF Discord for help and are running both, you will likely be advised to remove Baka Scrapheap in favor of Buffout.

This issue has been debated before on other forums and I'm certainly not one that can prove this either way, but I haven't seen any hard numbers from folks saying there's a definite benefit to running both.  I tend to refer back to places like the sim settlements forum when it comes to these types of issues, as the people there have more experience with wringing out every bit they can out of the game and its engine.

When it comes to adult modding, all you *really* need is Buffout.  If you want to run both, I'm certainly not going to stop you but I think it's redundant.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, moon knight said:

Can someone explain to me how to make the animations cycle automatically through their climax instead of having to do it manually? Because currently the game plays only one animation automatically and after a specified amount of time, it stops

Not all animations have "finishers" and you need mods such as UAP, they have patched in "finishing moves" to many animations, but not all of them.

buffout is a ghetto version of sse engine fixes to me, its far from as good as it skyrim counterpart, so far i've yet to see a "major" fallout 4 mods thats on equal ground to skyrim SE/AE mods, hell even fallout 4 physics is a joke in skyrim you can just install CBPC "given you installed its requirements and selected your game version in the fomod" and bingo you got jiggle, its got a complete skeleton aka xpmse, best part is cbpc doesnt lag the game when multiple chicks are around, baka increased the games script memory pool, and frankly i doubt buffouts memory manager even does anything anyway, gonna use this guide as a guide not deal with rants

4 hours ago, RandomKhajiit said:

buffout is a ghetto version of sse engine fixes to me, its far from as good as it skyrim counterpart, so far i've yet to see a "major" fallout 4 mods thats on equal ground to skyrim SE/AE mods, hell even fallout 4 physics is a joke in skyrim you can just install CBPC "given you installed its requirements and selected your game version in the fomod" and bingo you got jiggle, its got a complete skeleton aka xpmse, best part is cbpc doesnt lag the game when multiple chicks are around, baka increased the games script memory pool, and frankly i doubt buffouts memory manager even does anything anyway, gonna use this guide as a guide not deal with rants

Did you have a point? Was it to convince people playing Fallout 4 to switch to Skyrim instead, or was there something more nuanced that I missed in the midst of your arbitrary complaints?

some females seem to have crazy proportions as if sliders have been set to max. I have tried rebuilding and altering presets in bodyside but nothing seems to work anyone have an idea what I could be messing up?

some seem fine and others will just have giant tits or ass.

It seems to be an issue with looks menu. Disabling that solves the issue and running minimum plus looks menu brings it back.

Edited by Npi9
9 hours ago, Npi9 said:

some females seem to have crazy proportions as if sliders have been set to max. I have tried rebuilding and altering presets in bodyside but nothing seems to work anyone have an idea what I could be messing up?

some seem fine and others will just have giant tits or ass.

It seems to be an issue with looks menu. Disabling that solves the issue and running minimum plus looks menu brings it back.

did you enable bodygen ? and also, what female body are you using in the first place

Hello, my installation of the game follows your guide and everything is fine.
Well almost: I have a minor bug.
Minor because it does not prevent play but annoying because it limits the customization of my characters.
During AAF animations most custom hairstyles bug.
I put you a screenshot of what it looks like.

If anyone has an idea of what to do to resolve this concern it would be blessed and a thousand times praised.

ScreenShot68.png

16 hours ago, rypley said:

If anyone has an idea of what to do to resolve this concern it would be blessed and a thousand times praised.

There are probably a number of things which can cause this, but the one which has bitten me most recently is the Turn the Light On mod. By default it adds proxy objects (lanterns mostly) for its extra light sources when AAF scenes play, and during indoor scenes that seems to cause the behavior in your screenshot for me. If I adjust its settings in MCM to place light sources only with no added proxy objects, the problem goes away.

16 hours ago, rypley said:

Hello, my installation of the game follows your guide and everything is fine.
Well almost: I have a minor bug.
Minor because it does not prevent play but annoying because it limits the customization of my characters.

ScreenShot68.png

The last time I experienced this was with Assimilation mod. Allow me to explain.

Assimilation, despite getting you into various factions, also has some options to change player's appearance - hairstyles, beards and pubic hair. It's customizable in MCM. Basically what would happen is Assimilation would change my character's hairstyle (it'd make it longer) and then if I played any AAF animation I'd get this issue.

The issue happens only with hairstyles, pubic hair doesn't cause this, and I genuinely don't know about beards as I never play male character.

The best workaround I've found is to simply save and then reload; then the problem goes away. I'm not sure, but I think you can also quicksave and then quickload the game.

Then again, like @vaultbait said anything can cause this and over the years whenever I encountered this issue it was either a hairstyle mod's fault (especially the longer styles with physics) or other mods caused this. The only mod I know for certain it causes this is Assimilation (well, at least that's the case in my game).

Hope this helps!

By the way, I have to ask... Which body texture are you using? Also, do you use ENB? If so, which one? Just curious, that's all.