I discovered that I'm getting a CTD whenever I try to enter Sunderstone Gorge. I start into the entrance, the screen goes black as it starts to load and then CTD. I disabled Captives and then I can enter Sunderstone normally, no problem. As far as I know the only other mod I'm using that modifies Sunderstone is Anna NPCs, although I tried disabling it and still got the CTD as long as Captives was active. I'm using Captives SE 1.1 .

-edit-

I think I found the problem. The captives seem to have custom hairstyles, but no meshes for the hairs were included in the download. I went into the CK and assigned hairs that I had meshes for already. After that I could go into Sunderstone Gorge without any problem. 

By the way, great mod! I love being able to rescue the occasional damsel. This is very straight forward without a lot of extras, which is exactly what I wanted. One addition I would like to see though is for the captive to put on some clothes and maybe pick up a weapon when you rescue them. Seems a bit awkward to lead them back to town starkers while my character is carrying a backpack full of loot (including clothes and weapons). 

21 hours ago, firebinder said:

I discovered that I'm getting a CTD whenever I try to enter Sunderstone Gorge. I start into the entrance, the screen goes black as it starts to load and then CTD. I disabled Captives and then I can enter Sunderstone normally, no problem. As far as I know the only other mod I'm using that modifies Sunderstone is Anna NPCs, although I tried disabling it and still got the CTD as long as Captives was active. I'm using Captives SE 1.1 .

-edit-

I think I found the problem. The captives seem to have custom hairstyles, but no meshes for the hairs were included in the download. I went into the CK and assigned hairs that I had meshes for already. After that I could go into Sunderstone Gorge without any problem. 

By the way, great mod! I love being able to rescue the occasional damsel. This is very straight forward without a lot of extras, which is exactly what I wanted. One addition I would like to see though is for the captive to put on some clothes and maybe pick up a weapon when you rescue them. Seems a bit awkward to lead them back to town starkers while my character is carrying a backpack full of loot (including clothes and weapons). 

there shouldn't be anything wrong with hair, meshes are baked into head data. LE works perfect, 4sure. I can't question the port to SE because 1, I haven't tested it, and 2, no one else is voicing concerns. Shantel is at location your having problems with and her hair is larger in size(head .nif) then any of KS Hairs, maybe pushing your computer little too much. I have had black screen problem before but on my end it was my desktop being filthy inside(puppies,momma dog,3 cats,and 2 rabbits. All animals are inside though cats and momma dog go out a little bit(fucking zoo over here) If you have Desktop with shitty case like me maybe try cleaning it? That and maybe reduce some things in LO.  Hopefully it's not the port. If you comfortably with CK go in with mod, click on shantel, change her hair to vanilla hair(Nord14,Redguard02) and regenerate her as vanilla to see if that helps? If not we got problems else where. 

As far as not being able to give her gear until after having had dropped her off and then recruited as normal follower, I like where your heads at on that one. This mod wasnt suppose to be, started just as testing. Once I decided it should be mod last thing I did was set it up for them to wear tavern clothes once you dropped them off at Inn or other location, did that on the fly as I was running out of time. Once I get a chance I will see about making a change in that department so that you can give them gear upon freeing them. 

23 hours ago, Heroine of the Night said:

there shouldn't be anything wrong with hair, meshes are baked into head data. LE works perfect, 4sure. I can't question the port to SE because 1, I haven't tested it, and 2, no one else is voicing concerns. Shantel is at location your having problems with and her hair is larger in size(head .nif) then any of KS Hairs, maybe pushing your computer little too much. I have had black screen problem before but on my end it was my desktop being filthy inside(puppies,momma dog,3 cats,and 2 rabbits. All animals are inside though cats and momma dog go out a little bit(fucking zoo over here) If you have Desktop with shitty case like me maybe try cleaning it? That and maybe reduce some things in LO.  Hopefully it's not the port. If you comfortably with CK go in with mod, click on shantel, change her hair to vanilla hair(Nord14,Redguard02) and regenerate her as vanilla to see if that helps? If not we got problems else where. 

As far as not being able to give her gear until after having had dropped her off and then recruited as normal follower, I like where your heads at on that one. This mod wasnt suppose to be, started just as testing. Once I decided it should be mod last thing I did was set it up for them to wear tavern clothes once you dropped them off at Inn or other location, did that on the fly as I was running out of time. Once I get a chance I will see about making a change in that department so that you can give them gear upon freeing them. 

Although cleaning the inside of the PC from time to time is good advice, I don't think that's the problem. The system monitor is not showing heat issues with the CPU or GPU. If the .nif is baked into the head data in the LE version, are they optimized for SE when ported over? If I'm the only SE user with this problem though then likely that is not the issue. Unless other SE users start reporting similar problems then I'd have to admit that this must be some weird conflict at my end, maybe with skin, hair or texture mods I'm using. In any case, it was easy enough to alter the hairs in the CK and fix the problem so I can still use the mod. Thanks for the reply!

10 hours ago, Tron91 said:

I will check if there is any problem with the SE port, sometimes porting the headnifs becomes buggy.

Edit: The HeadNifs are fine, but could do with 2k FaceTints, looked a bit blotchy on couple of girls.

The following file is for SE only. It contains only the HeadNifs and 2k FaceTints. Overwrite the SE port. Fixed the Upper Black Eye Bug in the HeadNifs.

Captives HeadNifs and FaceTints 2k.7z 10.74 MB · 0 downloads

I had another User share some headnifs for mod via PM, user suggested form 43 and form 44 were of irrelevance and that all I had to do was swap headnifs. What do you think about that Tron91?

Appreciate the upload either way.

• 2 weeks later...

One question, I don't have a house yet, but if I build one, e.g. Lakeview Manor, can I tell the rescued person that she is safe there?
If not it would be a nice idea, because when you have finished the house it is quite big and empty.

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

One question, I don't have a house yet, but if I build one, e.g. Lakeview Manor, can I tell the rescued person that she is safe there?
If not it would be a nice idea, because when you have finished the house it is quite big and empty.

I can't confirm it until I'm at desktop, pretty certain that you can receive line of dialogue "you will safe here" literally anywhere that is an interior cell. So player homes would work. Worst case scenario, "IF" you drop them at an Inn, they would then become normal followers as in you can hit em with the ol' "follow me" and mhyh them. 

Player owned home should work anyways though.

17 hours ago, Heroine of the Night said:

I can't confirm it until I'm at desktop, pretty certain that you can receive line of dialogue "you will safe here" literally anywhere that is an interior cell. So player homes would work. Worst case scenario, "IF" you drop them at an Inn, they would then become normal followers as in you can hit em with the ol' "follow me" and mhyh them. 

Player owned home should work anyways though.

ok now i have finished a part of the house, works very well with the rescued ones. :classic_smile:

35 minutes ago, Krynn said:

but you can't make everyone your companion, so Andramia doesn't work for once.

It's her voice type, I will address that in next update.  She has female Elf Haughty voice, I forget sometimes that some users cant/dont use RDO. If you don't want to wait, you should check the other 2 elves and the orc, then change voice type of those females that don't have follower dialogue after dropping them somewhere safe. in tes5edit. 

12 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

It's her voice type, I will address that in next update.  She has female Elf Haughty voice, I forget sometimes that some users cant/dont use RDO. If you don't want to wait, you should check the other 2 elves and the orc, then change voice type of those females that don't have follower dialogue after dropping them somewhere safe. in tes5edit. 

I get it, it doesn't work for Candy either, right.
and one of them I think has disappeared from my house again, I can't remember her name exactly, Redguard: Sunderstone Gorge.
I don't know why. I was so good to her... :classic_sad:
I'm looking forward to an update, now I know what it is. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

and one of them I think has disappeared from my house again, I can't remember her name exactly, Redguard: Sunderstone Gorge.
I don't know why. I was so good to her...

Sounds like Shantel. I will test with no RDO shortly and get better compatible voice version up. Not sure why Shantel would disappear on you... Will look at it.

2 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

Sounds like Shantel. I will test with no RDO shortly and get better compatible voice version up. Not sure why Shantel would disappear on you... Will look at it.

I don't know, everyone else is still in my big house right now, she ran away.. :classic_laugh:

56 minutes ago, Krynn said:

I don't know, everyone else is still in my big house right now, she ran away.. :classic_laugh:

Strange indeed. She uses same Ai packages that all the girls use. 

I use Are You There mod, it's a great mod when you testing new mods. I dont know much/many console command codes but I sure would be interested in knowing why your not seeing her at location where you dropped her. My guess is she is where you left her and is not rendering/is invisible.

Do your female boobies go bouncy in your game? HDT PE? Probably just have it in Bodyslide or as it's own mod? Making small edit to hdt xml file helps with invisible females,botoxed and non botoxed alike

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76051?tab=files

1 hour ago, Heroine of the Night said:

Strange indeed. She uses same Ai packages that all the girls use. 

I use Are You There mod, it's a great mod when you testing new mods. I dont know much/many console command codes but I sure would be interested in knowing why your not seeing her at location where you dropped her. My guess is she is where you left her and is not rendering/is invisible.

Do your female boobies go bouncy in your game? HDT PE? Probably just have it in Bodyslide or as it's own mod? Making small edit to hdt xml file helps with invisible females,botoxed and non botoxed alike

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76051?tab=files

do you happen to know the command in the console how I can bring her back again? i.e. teleport to me?

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

do you happen to know the command in the console how I can bring her back again? i.e. teleport to me?

I don't, in this case I think moving to them would be better(Like where they at?) Google should be able to tell you console commands, or get "Are You There" mod.

Shantel is working as intended anyways. Once you tell her/them "I'll take you someplace safe", they will stay with you till you give them dialogue "You will be safe here" at which time she/them will remain at that location sandboxing. It's actually really hard for the user to goof up on something.Sounds like you need to edit your hdt xml files.

44 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

I don't, in this case I think moving to them would be better(Like where they at?) Google should be able to tell you console commands, or get "Are You There" mod.

Shantel is working as intended anyways. Once you tell her/them "I'll take you someplace safe", they will stay with you till you give them dialogue "You will be safe here" at which time she/them will remain at that location sandboxing. It's actually really hard for the user to goof up on something.Sounds like you need to edit your hdt xml files.

oke it was my fault!
I thought her name was Shantal, so I couldn't find her.
Shantel is not a problem, I've now ported her back to me!
Let's see if she stays, or I'll chain her in the house if I have to... :classic_biggrin:

thanks for your efforts and happy easter despite the global crisis! :classic_wub:

Sorry to say, but the SE version still don't work for me: I always get a CTD when entering Liars Retreat (the other locations seem to work, will doublecheck). I have included "Tron91" updates, but still get the CTD in Liars Retreat. Run NIFOptimizer, no change.  Do you have any idea or hint for me?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, schmz said:

Sorry to say, but the SE version still don't work for me: I always get a CTD when entering Liars Retreat (the other locations seem to work, will doublecheck). I have included "Tron91" updates, but still get the CTD in Liars Retreat. Run NIFOptimizer, no change.  Do you have any idea or hint for me?

Thanks.

Perplexing (He got perplexed off the top turnbuckle!)

All the girls are built the same way. Their AI system is mostly identical. This makes me think 3 things. SE is not happy with particular zaz furniture, cell conflict,and das hair. 

If you comfortable with CK you can open mod and click on captive that is in Liar Retreat, think that is Gloria and change her hair in CK and regenerate head data vanilla, that would test das hair.

For cell conflict I would load all mods into XExit and click my mod and find cell that's liars retreat and see what all is touching cell.

To test furniture I would remove Gloria AI packages in XEdit and then click liar retreat in my mod and find zbffurniture in small sub folder attached to cell, should be the persistent folder and delete it.

Well, did a little more testing. Indeed, all other captives and their AI works fine. I can pick them up and release them wherever I want. But, entering Liars Retreat immediately CTD my game (disabling or uninstalling Captives fixed that).

I am unaware of any mod that changes Liars Retreat in my game. Only thing is UniqueUniques which changes the LongHammer (or whatever the name is) located in this cell - but I've already picked that up earlier. However, I am somewhat sure that the character is causing the crash, because: I tried to move Gloria (yes, thats the one in Liars Retreat) by "prid xx001d9b" followed by a "moveto player", but that also immediately crash the game (I was in Windhelm that time, far far away from Liars Retreat). Also tried to change her weight (which typically reset the headnif), but also no change.

Unfortunately, I am highly unfamiliar with CK (I even haven't it installed or even have a necessary Bethesda-Account). I do have SSEEdit, but I am also unfamiliar with that and do not have any clue what to do. However, would appreciate of you could give me a step-by-step walkthrough ...

*Quick Edit: Tried to change Glorias hair to Aloreas Hair, the color to brown-something, the eyes to grey-somthing and the weight in SSEEdit (have no CK yet) ... but still get a CTD when entering Liars Retreat or moving Gloria to my player (quick trial with Candy worked fine).