Strange thing happend in my Skyrim

Schalli1980

Well i searched for a thread where to discuss such things but i didn't find one so i made a new one.

In my Skyrim it could happen that after you murdered someone or just be violent to someone you recieve a letter from a courier from someone and that this person knows what you have done but will not inform the officials and that you helped her/him as well. so he/she wants to reward you. in your journal in the misc. section is written that you should visit him/her to recieve your reward. but here is the problem! the letter is from yourself and you couldn't visit yourself to get that quest done normally. but lately i found an npc by coincidence who was located in the mod slaverun reloaded. this npc is a doppelganger from your player character and is only wearing a chastity belt wich cannot be removed! this time i recieved the letter after killing hrogarr in morthal and i have also the mod puppet master and because i liked this doppelganger i made it my puppet and placed this npc in my house. the questmarker lead me right to this npc and i recieved 100 gold from it and it says that it won't talk about it anymore and this misc quest ended.

I think this is a very strange thing because the npc is from a mod and normally disabled but the letter itself is from skyrim.esm and a doppelganger doesn't exist in the unmodded skyrim as far as i know.

did someone else had that quest before and if so, how did you solve it?

41 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Radiant quest can pick whatever available NPC that meets a certain criteria (relationship with player, faction, location, etc.). So this is normal, if by normal we understand a cheap and lazy radiant quest system.

But it was always myself who send me the letter, no matter what mods i had installed or wich savegame i've used and without enabling this npc i hadn't had a quest marker after reading it. this is not the first time i've recieved that letter and become this quest but it was the very first time i could complete it and if i hadn't had found this npc i would still wondering how to solve it. by the way i found that npc on my wedding. it was a guest there (probably also by radiant quest)

This npc is normally disabled and it is only used if you die in the arena (part of slaverun reloaded) for the execution scene of your poor dovahkiin.

4 hours ago, Schalli1980 said:

But it was always myself who send me the letter, no matter what mods i had installed or wich savegame i've used and without enabling this npc i hadn't had a quest marker after reading it. this is not the first time i've recieved that letter and become this quest but it was the very first time i could complete it and if i hadn't had found this npc i would still wondering how to solve it. by the way i found that npc on my wedding. it was a guest there (probably also by radiant quest)

This npc is normally disabled and it is only used if you die in the arena (part of slaverun reloaded) for the execution scene of your poor dovahkiin.

You think its yourself because it has same name as player character, right? Which I guess is a feature from the doppelganger NPC. That NPC must have high relationship with the player, which is why it would appear at wedding events and is picked for radiant quest. Even if you can't reach an NPC, the game still has that information and can spawn it if a certain event calls for this NPC.

Unless you can replicate this without any mod, this is just a bad interaction between a mod and a vanilla system. You can ignore the quest, complete it with commands, remove the mod, or edit the mod to change faction/relationship of said NPC to prevent this from happening (this will likely break some mod functions and is not worth IMO).

6 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

You think its yourself because it has same name as player character, right? Which I guess is a feature from the doppelganger NPC. That NPC must have high relationship with the player, which is why it would appear at wedding events and is picked for radiant quest. Even if you can't reach an NPC, the game still has that information and can spawn it if a certain event calls for this NPC.

Unless you can replicate this without any mod, this is just a bad interaction between a mod and a vanilla system. You can ignore the quest, complete it with commands, remove the mod, or edit the mod to change faction/relationship of said NPC to prevent this from happening (this will likely break some mod functions and is not worth IMO).

Well i don't need to delete a mod for that. it doesn't really bother me but it was so strange that i wanted to share that experience. And this NPC didn't has a purpose in the game except of dying in your place for a scene where you are a ghost and need to watch your own death. But with puppet master you could turn this npc to your follower as long as you don't play the arena part of slaverun. The best thing is that this NPC has all your abilities and shouts and also use them in a fight. I have also the doppelganger and the troubles of heroine mod installed so i can fight with three doppelgangers by my side who have all my complete powers and perks wich means four dragonborns against skyrim foes. That is really great and amusing. well at least for a little while.

There is a mod which allows you to have ANY other characters you create and play (it uses your save files) usable as companions. So yeah, having all your player characters with you is quite OP'd. I found this post interesting and thought you might enjoy knowing there is more than one way to skin a cat, clean and cook it, then FUS-RO-DAH it to oblivion.

Spoiler

ScreenShot13.thumb.png.0f31de4ef8b7864c4e7b19e48159e571.png

Archived