Awesome! I've been waiting to try this!

Unfortunately' date=' I think one of the new functions is creating too much CPU load, though.

Whenever I'm in battle, my FPS falls to a below playable state. As soon as the battle ends, the FPS goes back to normal.

The game has frozen once so far, but not again. It was just after my companion put on a full vanilla breakundies set.

edit: The good news is that it's working a little better with stacks of armor now. It can break armor some of the time. It just froze on me, though.

I'm guessing it freezes when two or more pieces of armor need to replace their mesh at the same time.

I don't know if you use it, but in nudeshy X, there is a chance of this having to happen because of ecchi combat system.

It also should be able to update the models of multiple pieces of armor at once if NPC's repair all of their armor at once. I just used MCS extension (or just the companion)'s repair/recharge spell on my companion's armor and the game froze.

edit again: Actually, I might be wrong. it just successfully updated the graphics for my companion's armor and then froze when I drew my weapon. hmm...

[/quote']

Just to be clear, the BreakArmorSampleCallback.esp should not be active in any load order. It's just an example of the different ways that the new callback functions can be used, complete with lots and lots of console spam demonstrating the results.

If combat is lagging, the combat delay setting is probably too low. I lowered it a bit in the latest revision of the ini file

Look for set aaBUCycle.BACombatDelay to 0.1 and increase the setting to something more reasonable.

It also should be able to update the models of multiple pieces of armor at once if NPC's repair all of their armor at once. I just used MCS extension (or just the companion)'s repair/recharge spell on my companion's armor and the game froze.

That shouldn't have caused any problems. I'll see if I can replicate that.

But just to check again, BreakArmorSampleCallback.esp is *Not* active, right?

Yeah' date=' I set it to 1. So I guess it's back where it was, now.

I have not set up the callback esp just yet. I've only been testing for bugs in the breakarmor framework, so far.

[/quote']

Cool.

I'm going to make a couple of changes to the NPC tracking array. At the moment, it only remembers armor that has a matching nif path in the aaBUCycle.arr_FilePath array. This means that every single piece of equipped armor or clothing that does not have an entry is hammering the array every single time the script fires.

That's bad. Bad bad bad.

Gonna go fix it.

Unfortunately' date=' I think one of the new functions is creating too much CPU load, though.

[/quote']

I thought I should back up and clarify something. The new callback function only runs when called. So it shouldn't affect performance unless some external function is hammering it.

Even then, it's just some very basic key look-ups on some very small arrays. Even hammering it shouldn't cause much of a performance hit.

[/quote']

I thought I should back up and clarify something. The new callback function only runs when called. So it shouldn't affect performance unless some external function is hammering it.

Even then, it's just some very basic key look-ups on some very small arrays. Even hammering it shouldn't cause much of a performance hit.

Yes, I know. I didn't mean the callback, I just thought you added something that may have added more CPU load, is all.

This version seems very irregular.

When I started Oblivion and loaded a save first time, My(player) leather armor didn't break. (I got 4 cuirrasses and greaves via console). I was alone in the cell.

So I summoned my MPC companion, gave her 2 pair of leather, casted disintegration spell -> broke, but sometimes this caused crash.

After my companion's armor broke, I could break my armor. But sometimes this caused crash too.

This version seems very irregular.

When I started Oblivion and loaded a save first time' date=' My(player) leather armor didn't break. (I got 4 cuirrasses and greaves via console). I was alone in the cell.

So I summoned my MPC companion, gave her 2 pair of leather, casted disintegration spell -> broke, but sometimes this caused crash.

After my companion's armor broke, I could break my armor. But sometimes this caused crash too.

[/quote']

Thanks for the report.

I think I just need to get rid of the onUnequip event handler altogether.

***EDIT***

OK. The version that I published is not the version I thought I was publishing

Reverting to 1.01

The lesson of the day...don't push out a version right before you fall asleep.

I'm in the midst of a major recode to improve the stability of the system (it works great for vanilla NPC's, but companions and players can really piss it off).

The current system cycles through every NPC on every questmode tick (how often this is depends on the delay setting in the ini file)

I'm switching this to a system that checks only a single NPC every cycle. In addition to this, I'm implementing an actionqueue questmode cycle that attempts to perform equip actions one frame after unequip actions.

I *suspect* that the reported crashes are currently caused by the event handler hammering the system with re-equip spam.

hm. I can't tell you exactly what the problem is this time, but I played for a bit and it was really smooth and then I saved my game. Whenever I try to come back into the game, it goes into an infinite loop after updating my armor.

I've tried top and bottom of the load order and I've tried disabling the mod, creating a save without it, and re-enabling.

I know for a fact that the problem isn't stacks of armor this time.

Sorry I have no input on why it doesn't work. This must be really vague. x_x

hm. I can't tell you exactly what the problem is this time' date=' but I played for a bit and it was really smooth and then I saved my game. Whenever I try to come back into the game, it goes into an infinite loop after updating my armor.

I've tried top and bottom of the load order and I've tried disabling the mod, creating a save without it, and re-enabling.

I know for a fact that the problem isn't stacks of armor this time.

Sorry I have no input on why it doesn't work. This must be really vague. x_x

[/quote']

Is this happening in 1.05a, 1.05, or both?

*Edit* Nevermind. I've managed to reproduce the problem. Patch forthcoming. In the meantime I'm reverting to 1.05 while I figure out what the hell happened

*Edit 2* Confirmed for 1.05 as well. Reverting to 1.01 for the time being.

I couldn't reproduce that weird 'save bug' so far. I think it's the best Shia trys again. I never tried this for 1.05 or 1.05a.

And no problem on stack of armors.

1. The crashes during certain savegame loads has been resolved. Note: This fix required a single Update3d call on all nearby NPCs immediately after a savegame load. I am on the lookout for a cleaner solution

Well it could be a problem if the player or nearby npcs are in combat or similar complicated situation. No harm in most of normal situation.

I couldn't reproduce that weird 'save bug' so far. I think it's the best Shia trys again. I never tried this for 1.05 or 1.05a.

And no problem on stack of armors.

1. The crashes during certain savegame loads has been resolved. Note: This fix required a single Update3d call on all nearby NPCs immediately after a savegame load. I am on the lookout for a cleaner solution

Well it could be a problem if the player or nearby npcs are in combat or similar complicated situation. No harm in most of normal situation.

Yep. It pisses me off that I had to resort to it.

I'm trying to see if I can figure out a way to get the Update3d to fire while the loading screen is still up. *fingers crossed*

The problem is kind of insane...it's what's been driving me nuts for a week now. When you have a script unequip an item (doesn't matter which function you use) a funny thing happens. It adds a copy of that item with an inventory count of -1 to the NPC inventory. Yep.

This caused all sorts of unpredictable havok when I tried to get the script to un-equip/re-equip the same items (Oblivion also likes to randomly merge inventory stacks during scripted unequips, unequipme, unequipNS, etc for no apparent reason). It really drove home why so many mods stick to custom, rather than generic, breakundies items.

So, the solution was to destroy the item altogether. And then, in the very next frame, create a temporary inventory reference, mod its health to match the old item, and then add it to the NPC's inventory. All was well.

Except...for some damn reason, when I removed the items Oblivion decided not to remove the items after all. It just added a damn -1 quantity item to make it *look* like the item was deleted until, when it eventually feels like it, it updates the inventory.

So what happens when you load a fresh savegame with a -1 quantity item in an NPC's inventory? Well, if the NPC is a dynamic reference (Bandit, etc) Oblivion sort of freaks out when my script tried to update the NPC's items. Strangely enough, the script can ID the correct inventory item and remove it...no problem. But adding a new inventory item...well, that caused the game to crash.

Fortunately, for whatever dumb reason, Update3d forces Oblivion to recalculate the NPC's inventory and get rid of the garbage -1 quantity reference.

Yeah...I'm annoyed.

I've found some odd crash happens.

I was alone in some mod's fitting room. (saved with BA 1.02)

And I enable 1.06

If I try to get out of the cell in 'normal' way (walking, running ->exterior-> fast travel or walk into city) no problem.

But if I try 'testinghall -> hawkhaven -> fastravel to some city', fast travel caused crash. fast travel to elsewhere (like inn, dungeons or whatever exterior cell)from hawkhaven was okay.

Without 1.06 enabled(with 1.02 enabled or BA disabled) it's ok to fast travel whenever or wherever.

And I enable 1.06

If I try to get out of the cell in 'normal' way (walking' date=' running ->exterior-> fast travel or walk into city) no problem.

But if I try 'testinghall -> hawkhaven -> fastravel to some city', fast travel caused crash. fast travel to elsewhere (like inn, dungeons or whatever exterior cell)from hawkhaven was okay.

Without 1.06 enabled(with 1.02 enabled or BA disabled) it's ok to fast travel whenever or wherever.

[/quote']

Well that's weird. It could be an update 3d issue. But it really shouldn't be firing on fast travel. hmm.

maybe that error can be caused by breakundies/breakarmor searching for equipped armors/clothes only... though i got no idea of the code' date=' thats my guess.

[/quote']

There were two crash errors introduced in the 1.05 release. The first was caused by forgetfulness on my part...I neglected to purge the variable that I was using to store the last scanned NPC. If that NPC happened to be a dynamically generated NPC, well, when you load a save game it would no longer be valid. The fun thing is that the variable still looks perfectly valid until you try to perform an action on it. At that point...crash, and one that was entirely my fault.

The second crash is the absurd one. I know the exact line of code that it happens on and I can now reliably detect the exact conditions that cause it (-1 quantity of an inventory item that had been recently removed/added by BreakArmor prior to a save.)

I believe that the problem is due to some sort of housekeeping inventory management delay. Oblivion doesn't appear to update inventory etc every frame (I don't know how often it does it). The problem occurs when a game is saved after a BreakArmor swap but before Oblivion's inventory housekeeping catches up.

I'm going to see if there is anything creative I can do with a menumode script to resolve this issue, but no guarantees.

In the meantime, the 1.07 release (due out in about 5 minutes) now only performs Update3D on NPC's that need it.

And I enable 1.06

If I try to get out of the cell in 'normal' way (walking' date=' running ->exterior-> fast travel or walk into city) no problem.

[/quote']

The 1.02 release was...weird. Would you be willing to create a clean save version of that save and see if you still have the problem?

The 1.02 release was...weird. Would you be willing to create a clean save version of that save and see if you still have the problem?

Nah, even when I made clean save and enabled 1.06 it still caused crash.

But it's okay, it's gone now with 1.08. Just downloaded and tried once and no crash..(with 1.06 the game crashed every time) it must be related to update3d function.

Now let's find another bug.

Nah' date=' even when I made clean save and enabled 1.06 it still caused crash.

But it's okay, it's gone now with 1.08. Just downloaded and tried once and no crash..(with 1.06 the game crashed every time) it must be related to update3d function.

Now let's find another bug.

[/quote']

Sounds good. Go break something.