so with those variables set in the ini and some meshe it should work?

ok' date=' sounds easier as i thought :)

i'll just use some meshes from the BU armors compilation, as it includes some clothes too.

[/quote']

Yep.

The hardest part will be finding a way to let BreakArmor know that the break meshes go with the original clothing mesh.

There are two ways to accomplish this.

The first method is to add custom entries in the ini file that list the meshes paths together (see the first post for instructions).

The second method applies only if you are using the development esp (or 1.10 once it is released). Copy the break meshes to the folder that the base clothing mesh resides in. Then, if necessary, rename the break file names.

The naming convention is as follows:

Assume that the base clothing mesh is called "clothingmeshname.nif"

Rename the break meshes to match the following pattern so that the folder looks like this:

clothingmeshname.nif

clothingmeshname_ba1.nif

clothingmeshname_ba2.nif

clothingmeshname_ba#.nif

clothingmeshname.nif is the base unbroken mesh (the one listed in the esp/esm that loads the clothing). clothingmeshname_ba1.nif is the first broken state, clothingmeshname_ba#.nif is the most broken state.

I should probably mention that BreakClothing has not received nearly as much testing as BreakArmor. It *should* work just fine, but you never know with these things. Please report any bugs that you encounter.

There is one other thing that merits a special mention that is not specifically related to BreakArmor. I believe that all of the armors in the the BU compilation have been merged into full body armors (hands, feet, upper body, lower body). The chances are good that the clothing you will be using them with will be single slot in at least a few cases. So you might need to separate different parts of the armors to get everything to work smoothly.

so with those variables set in the ini and some meshe it should work?

ok' date=' sounds easier as i thought :)

i'll just use some meshes from the BU armors compilation, as it includes some clothes too.

[/quote']

There is one other thing that merits a special mention that is not specifically related to BreakArmor. I believe that all of the armors in the the BU compilation have been merged into full body armors (hands, feet, upper body, lower body). The chances are good that the clothing you will be using them with will be single slot in at least a few cases. So you might need to separate different parts of the armors to get everything to work smoothly.

If you guys are talking about the pack I assembled, then none of the outfits are actually "clothing". Even the outfits that "look" like clothes, are set up as armors. The reason for this was at the time I was assembling the packs, there was no way to break anything but armors. To properly test them as "clothing" you will need to go into the esp for the BU armors packs and delete the item as an armor and add it back as a clothing.

Yep, all the stuff in the Packs I assembled are complete outfits. Most occupy all four slots but a few of the ones in the 1st pack don't have hands (I think there were 2-4 of them). Again, the reason I did this was to avoid having to enter 4 items in both the CS and the ini file to make a single outfit. Considering that the first pack alone contained 70+ armors it would have delayed me releasing each pack by a month or more having to enter all of that stuff. The other reason I did this is that some outfits simply could not be mixed with other things as it either wouldn't fit or it looked terrible. I had to make some tough choices in order to get the packs out as soon as possible for folks who had been patiently waiting in excess of 3 months at that point. Sorry.

Sorry.

There is nothing apologize for. It wasn't intended as a criticism at all. You did a fantastic job.

I just wanted to warn DeadSomething that he'd have to do more than simply copy and rename your meshes to make the original clothing that they were based on Break Clothing compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

When will this be updated?

Because' date=' well I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I renamed all files to _ba#.nif in order to remove the ini altogether.

:s

[/quote']

It's the next project after Pose Converter.

My initial stabs at the BreakWeapon framework caused massive lag and crashing, I'm not sure why. I'm going to take another look once I get the next few pieces of Pose Converter completed.

That said, I can probably move the development esp that I posted a few pages back to the main page and turn that into the main version until I get Break Weapon working. I haven't gotten any bug reports on the 1.09 Development version. Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Very well. I'll test myself if BA doesn't cause crash even if the number of actual meshes doesn't match of .ini entry, then I'll release my next version.

My thought is - if you release BA 1.10 (without buggy breakweapon feature), I can release ini-less vanilla BA, then you'll get quite a lot of potential bug reporters.

Thoughts?

Very well. I'll test myself if BA doesn't cause crash even if the number of actual meshes doesn't match of .ini entry' date=' then I'll release my next version.

My thought is - if you release BA 1.10 (without buggy breakweapon feature), I can release ini-less vanilla BA, then you'll get quite a lot of potential bug reporters.

[/quote']

True, and not a bad idea actually, but my big worry is that I won't have time to do anything about any bug reports until after I complete Pose Converter (building out the skeleton compatibility mapping feature now, once that's done it will be pretty close).

Part of the problem is that Oblivion scripting requires a vastly different mindset/approach than Python scripting. Oblivion scripting is so weird and quirky (and frankly, buggy as hell) that it generally takes about two days of drunkenly stumbling around until I can remember enough of the weirdness to produce anything other than a buggy mess.

It's okay. I can release without BA 1.10, with no problem. I confirmed that BA does not cause crash or invisible body or so.

(Actually it was a bit different behavior from I had expected. but no problem at all.)

For exmaple, my ini entry contains daedric cuirass 1 to 4.

I deleted deadric cuirass4.nif. So there are only cuirass 1,2,3, so I thought it should break when its health is 66(1), 33(2), 0(3)

But it broke down when 75(1),50(2), 25(3), and didn't change when 0.

cool!

Update when you have time and when you want. Just try not to forget this forever. ;D

It's okay. I can release without BA 1.10' date=' with no problem. I confirmed that BA does not cause crash or invisible body or so.

(Actually it was a bit different behavior from I had expected. but no problem at all.)

For exmaple, my ini entry contains daedric cuirass 1 to 4.

I deleted deadric cuirass4.nif. So there are only cuirass 1,2,3, so I thought it should break when its health is 66(1), 33(2), 0(3)

But it broke down when 75(1),50(2), 25(3), and didn't change when 0.

cool!

Update when you have time and when you want. Just try not to forget this forever. ;D

[/quote']

Yeah, I set the final break state that way because of the tendency of NPC's to sometimes swap out their broken armor for clothing, etc otherwise.

I'll update the front page later on today.

can you run the old BU dungeons with this mod' date=' or would you have to use the framework and the bu canceler plugin to get it to work?

[/quote']

Maybe.

The BU Disabler plugin is a very heavy, very crude hammer that just disables *all* scripts in the BU master. For the armor swapping feature, this is exactly what we want. But I have no idea the effect it will have on BU Dungeons.

I'd say try it out and see what happens. Just make sure that you have a pre-BU Disabler save that you can revert to if everything goes south.

can you run the old BU dungeons with this mod' date=' or would you have to use the framework and the bu canceler plugin to get it to work?

[/quote']

Maybe.

The BU Disabler plugin is a very heavy, very crude hammer that just disables *all* scripts in the BU master. For the armor swapping feature, this is exactly what we want. But I have no idea the effect it will have on BU Dungeons.

I'd say try it out and see what happens. Just make sure that you have a pre-BU Disabler save that you can revert to if everything goes south.

another quick question, before i screw something up, on the vanilla armors replacer omod you linked us to in the first page, to get them to display properly do we have to track down the originals and download them first, or does it include the unbroken 100% armor replacers?

another quick question' date=' before i screw something up, on the vanilla armors replacer omod you linked us to in the first page, to get them to display properly do we have to track down the originals and download them first, or does it include the unbroken 100% armor replacers?

[/quote']

I believe that it does. Movomo created an omod that does all of the hard work for you.

another quick question' date=' before i screw something up, on the vanilla armors replacer omod you linked us to in the first page, to get them to display properly do we have to track down the originals and download them first, or does it include the unbroken 100% armor replacers?

[/quote']

It is always painful to say, I'm afraid it does not.

The omod doesn't contain any of original unbroken armor as long as you can get it from somewhere else ( I mean the original author's dl link)

Well, this also means my omod contains *some* unbroken meshes. It means that they have never been released before.

I know this pisses off some folks. :s Sorry.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard works gerra.

I've waited this since Uriel suggested the idea.

Anyway' date=' thanks for all the hard works gerra.

I've waited this since Uriel suggested the idea.

[/quote']

Sure thing. Creating the Blender tool sets for the Lovers Animation workshop has been occupying all of my modding time lately.

I'll see about adding Break Weapon support once I complete the animation copier and fix a few Skyrim compatibility issues.

testing out your new 1.09b plugin. so far only found 2 issues, albeit there pretty serious in my opionion, fist off when you load your save, it seems to have a chance of just outright breaking whatever armor your wearing on load, when its initializing. had 100 full repaired armor just break on reload when i died. also walking in or out of major citys (anvil) gates seem to cause an almost guarenteed crash, doesnt seem to happen when you fast travel but 9 times out of 10 when i walk in or out of a big city manually the game goes postal on itself.

othere than those the new system actually works better than the old.

testing out your new 1.09b plugin. so far only found 2 issues' date=' albeit there pretty serious in my opionion, fist off when you load your save, it seems to have a chance of just outright breaking whatever armor your wearing on load, when its initializing. had 100 full repaired armor just break on reload when i died. also walking in or out of major citys (anvil) gates seem to cause an almost guarenteed crash, doesnt seem to happen when you fast travel but 9 times out of 10 when i walk in or out of a big city manually the game goes postal on itself.

[/quote']

Thanks for the report.

First I need to know, are you also running BU dungeons at the same time with BU Disabler? Or are you running the BU framework with the BU Disabler? Or is this a report on vanilla Break Armor running on a clean save?

testing out your new 1.09b plugin. so far only found 2 issues' date=' albeit there pretty serious in my opionion, fist off when you load your save, it seems to have a chance of just outright breaking whatever armor your wearing on load, when its initializing. had 100 full repaired armor just break on reload when i died. also walking in or out of major citys (anvil) gates seem to cause an almost guarenteed crash, doesnt seem to happen when you fast travel but 9 times out of 10 when i walk in or out of a big city manually the game goes postal on itself.

[/quote']

Thanks for the report.

First I need to know, are you also running BU dungeons at the same time with BU Disabler? Or are you running the BU framework with the BU Disabler? Or is this a report on vanilla Break Armor running on a clean save?

another important question is: do you have autosave turned on? Autosave is bad, it will cause bloat, corrupt saves and it will eventually cause the crashes that you are describing.

[/quote']

It's okay to me so far.

I don't use BreakUndies.esm at all & with BA 1.09b.

No CTD when I enter any city with my feet or by fast travel.

By the way, I've removed BreakUndies dependency from these two plugins. If someone is using these 2 replace them and disable BreakUndies.esm. (And disable BUdisabler.esp too.)

+ A small problem, during sex my cloth isn't undressed like breakable armors. You haven't made any change on LoversBreakArmor since the first release right?

+ A small problem' date=' during sex my cloth isn't undressed like breakable armors. You haven't made any change on LoversBreakArmor since the first release right?

[/quote']

No change. The only thing that my very crude lovers esp does is enable automatic armor damage during sex. There is no equivalent for clothing at this time, the only way to make it work in the existing framework would be to have certain sex acts damage health and/or fatigue.

Now, once I get time to spare from the Pose Converter project, I have a couple of ideas for an alternate system for managing clothing break states. I'll see what I can come up with, no guarantees.

another important question is: do you have autosave turned on? Autosave is bad' date=' it will cause bloat, corrupt saves and it will eventually cause the crashes that you are describing.

[/quote']

wow, i really should turn that off...

maybe its causeing all my crashes and i always blamed the mods for it :D

[/quote']

Thanks for the report.

another important question is: do you have autosave turned on? Autosave is bad, it will cause bloat, corrupt saves and it will eventually cause the crashes that you are describing.

alright, in order, no old BU content at all. it was a clean save cause the old 1.8 would crash everytime i fast traveled period so i wasnt using it. and yea autosave is on, i can turn that off but how would one go about cleaning up save "bloat

No change. The only thing that my very crude lovers esp does is enable automatic armor damage during sex. There is no equivalent for clothing at this time' date=' the only way to make it work in the existing framework would be to have certain sex acts damage health and/or fatigue.

Now, once I get time to spare from the Pose Converter project, I have a couple of ideas for an alternate system for managing clothing break states. I'll see what I can come up with, no guarantees.

[/quote']

Nah, sorry, my words were somewhat misleading. How to break clothes isn't what I'm asking about.

You see, non-ba clothes or non-ba armors 'should be' undressed when sex act occurs. Breakable clothings may remain dressed because they will break. You can probably disable that of non-ba clothes or non-ba meshes.