Do you remember these posts?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. None of those posts refer to the 1.08 version' date=' which is the version that had previously been reported as stable.

There is absolutely no need to test any pre-1.08 versions...Bugs were already reported and addressed in those versions.

1.08: borninmarch has already tested this.

I'd appreciate if you would test it as well.

I think something between 1.02 and 1.05 is the cause, unless you made significant system changes whenever you release a new version.

But sure, if you say so.

Note that these tests were done in vanilla oblivion.

With BA 1.08, not very different from 1.09 results. It crashes as soon as loading is done. I could get to there once by fast travel but since the next time I tried the fast travel I failed.

I'm also failing to enter large cities. As I said, not every time but most time it crashes. Chorrol, Bruma, Skingrad,...

The cities are not the only crash points. Rockmilk cave (where lots of bandits & marauders are fighting eash other. I chose there for this reason) also caused crash sometimes.

I think something between 1.02 and 1.05 is the cause' date=' unless you made significant system changes whenever you release a new version.

But sure, if you say so.

[/quote']

OK...we already know that 1.02 had a ton of problems, mostly due to the buggy way that Oblivion and OBSE handled 2 frame un-equip/re-equips. I really don't want to get into an argument about this. Yes, 1.02 and later back ends are completely different.

The main thing that I really need to know at this stage are the specific conditions that lead to a crash (is it particular meshes, particular NPC's, specific scripted armor items, etc.). I'll do some testing when I get the chance, but as I have previously warned, it will be a few days.

*edit*

OK, I've managed to get access to a computer that can run a clean install of Oblivion. I think I've narrowed the problem down to a bug in the way that the GetNextRef function handles loading screens.

I have an idea that I *hope* will solve the crashing problem.

OK, that was a nightmare.

I was able to track down the crashes to my abuse of the OBSE GetNextRef function.

I've attached an experimental 1.09c esp that *should* resolve the crashing errors.

Please let me know if it fixes the crashes and if there are any otehr bugs. If all goes well, I'll update the first page with a fresh 1.09c package.

*outdated Patch Removed*

Very impressive. Nice work! At least those frequent crash on load seems gone now.

Now speaking of the bug, I find it re-equips my armor way too frequently. Only for my armor.

I didn't notice that kind of thing with 1.09b as far as I remember.

I'll test with your 1.09d and report later.

===========================================

tested. no luck, it didn't work.

While I'm testing 1.09d, this happened.

error in script 804

an expression failed to evaluate a valid result

offset 0x01f1 command unknown

error in script 804

foreach expression failed to return a value

Looks like something bad happened during esp or OBSE launch process..

My armor didn't break at all, still failed even if I load the save again.

BreakArmor initializing message showed up normally, though.

It lasted until I restart the game itself.

Then no problem, except that annoying re-equipping oddity.

By the Nine! CTD was gone!!

May Dibella bless you, gerra!

Sadly, a new problem occured. It reequips and unequips too often. (ver 1.09d)

Also after area loading, reeuips and unequips more often. (My character wear a leather armor set in vanilla BA package.)

This problem hanneded only to player character.

I think it is the same problem as movomo's and piolski's.

But I believe you can fix it like fixed the CTD problem. Right?

I Really thanks again. Really.

OK, I think (hope) I've finally tracked down the remaining Oblivion scripting weirdness and fixed the problems.

This patch accomplishes two things.

1. It removes the Player's data from all standard housecleaning purges. This means that breakArmor should unequip/re-equip the player's armor *only* upon damage, after you equip a fresh piece of armor, or after a save (all BreakArmor data is purged immediately prior to any save)

2. It streamlines the NPC data storage and purging. This is just back-end stuff to minimize BreakArmor's memory and cpu footprint...basically, each time BreakArmor cycles through it's list of known NPC's it purges the data of any NPC's from prior cycles who were not found during the current cycle.

This should resolve the remaining known issues. Please let me know how it goes.

Note: If you've previously increased your "aaBACycle.BADelay" setting, with this patch I highly recommend setting it to a minimal value, i.e:

set aaBACycle.BADelay to .0001

Second Note: This patch contains a ton of debugging console spam. This is intentional. keep an eye on the console while you test. If you notice that armors don't appear to be swapping when they should be or other weirdness, take a look at the console. It should provide you with the mesh paths for any armor swaps (note, the path will appear twice, this is normal)

*Outdated Patch Removed*

OK, this is the 1.09.f Release Candidate

1. Resolve a (probably) harmless console error message that occurs immediately after a load

2. Add a setting to the ini file that enables or disables console spam.

Please let me know if there are any errors or other problems. If everything looks good, 1.09f will become the sole supported release version (until the 1.10 release with Break Weapon support) and I will fold this into the main download.

*Outdated Patch Removed*

So far, so good. I was able to play oblivion for (unbelievably) 3 hours without single crash til I finally got bored. sweet.

But I remember I saw some broken 100 health armors in Rockmilk cave with 1.09b. They are showed in the video I had uploaded but as you cannot play it just believe it.

I'll let you know when I see the same thing with 1.09f.

Also it seems like sometimes it fails to purge the data when save. (no re-equip my armor when save)

=====

edit

Oh and the repair message is the same as when they break

But I remember I saw some broken 100 health armors in Rockmilk cave with 1.09b. They are showed in the video I had uploaded but as you cannot play it just believe it.

I'll let you know when I see the same thing with 1.09f.

Hopefully that issue will have resolved itself with the new way I'm handling the NPC queue.

Also it seems like sometimes it fails to purge the data when save. (no re-equip my armor when save)

Gah. Well' date=' that's event handlers for you, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Probably not much I can do there, unfortunately. It' really just a save-bloat prevention measure, so as long as it works *sometime* it should be fine.

I'm curious, does this happen with any particular type of save (QuickSave, Menu Save, Autosave, StreamLine Save, etc?)

edit

Oh and the repair message is the same as when they break

Ah...crap...I'll take a look at that. I thought I added code to fix that way back pre 1.08. Grr.

I'm curious' date=' does this happen with any particular type of save (QuickSave, Menu Save, Autosave, StreamLine Save, etc?)

[/quote']

Haven't tried Menu save and autosave. But it happened for Quicksave and Streamsave. When I noticed that something is going wrong I quit the game instinctively .I don't know how to reproduce it yea I'm pretty sure that it's because oblivion is buggy as hell if I happen to see it again I'll tell you

Ah...crap...I'll take a look at that. I thought I added code to fix that way back pre 1.08. Grr.

Or permanently disable the messaging feature. Folks won't care I guess. Will they?

Haven't tried Menu save and autosave. But it happened for Quicksave and Streamsave. When I noticed that something is going wrong I quit the game instinctively .I don't know how to reproduce it yea I'm pretty sure that it's because oblivion is buggy as hell if I happen to see it again I'll tell you

Actually just check the console for a message along the lines of "Purging data"

If you see the message' date=' don't worry about it. It's possible that I did something fancy that I forgot about to prevent an extra re-equip after a save data purge.

Or permanently disable the messaging feature. Folks won't care I guess. Will they?

A couple of folks mentioned the missing message feature back in 1.01 before I added it back in.

I think I've fixed that little bug in the 1.10 dev version I'm playing around with right now (doing a very crude break weapon functionality test).

plugged in the newest version and headed to anvil......and i could enter the city, i call that a win, ok next step is to add nudeshy and whirlwind into a bandit camp with a claymore to test if the rest works as intented

*metal storm test complete, not a single issue, this version gets my stamp of "workswith176otherpluginswithoutcausingacrash".

time to add in the bu armor compliation and lovers break armor and check them out, but the base package seems good to go.

on an only semi related note, one of my mods uses armor to reskin creatures, so with nudeshy i can literally cut the dicks off of about half the creatures i fight.

Yeah, this version seems to work well with all my mods, including NudeShy.

I'll be adding breakarmor support next time I work on it, so I'll update you on how that works.

on an only semi related note' date=' one of my mods uses armor to reskin creatures, so with nudeshy i can literally cut the dicks off of about half the creatures i fight.

[/quote']

okay, LOL! don't play the latest version of nudeshy I'm making then. XDDDDD

They'll be torn to shreds. :P

update for those wondering, the bu armor comilation armors seem to break and work just fine, grabbed about 10 random outfits from the testing hall from each bu box and they all break correctly.

one last thing im gonna try tonight, bu disabler/dungeons, if i can get them to work on the new system then this will truely be a great day.

one last thing im gonna try tonight' date=' bu disabler/dungeons, if i can get them to work on the new system then this will truely be a great day.

[/quote']

I'd not generally recommend that.

I mean BU dungeons.

I'd call them BU hells. They have never worked as they supposed to.

one last thing im gonna try tonight' date=' bu disabler/dungeons, if i can get them to work on the new system then this will truely be a great day.

[/quote']

I'd not generally recommend that.

I mean BU dungeons.

I'd call them BU hells. They have never worked as they supposed to.

i did it, they "work", my load for them was the 2 ems's, then all the dungeon plugins, and bu disabler right after, then the new break armor plugins all the way at the bottom of my load order, the dungeons run flawlessly, the npcs act like their armor is breaking and falling off, but theres no visual indication, im going to assume that because the meshes for their clothes aren't set up for the new system, but other than that it works with no bugs and doesnt seem to interfere with the new system, outside dungeons everyones armor still shatters like its supposed to

so if you install it according to the guide, youll get about a dozen dungeons filled with named, unique femal npcs and loot, (slave trader plugin HINTHINT). their armor doesnt visually break but since the actual system seems fine it would be childs play to rename and move the bu meshes that came with the dungeon to the appropriate places to get them funtioning with the new system.

keep in mind now with all the bu dungeons in the game, my active plugin count is 195, so if they dont work for you i can almost guarentee it is a load order issue/bad install, my games modded to the point of breaking and it functioned on the first try with no tweaking

A new bug to report. I started a new game with the alternative start and it froze my game a few seconds after I made a new character pretty consistently. I was able to finally start a new game when I'd disabled BreakArmor.

That's odd...were you able to open the console while the game was frozen?

so if you install it according to the guide' date=' youll get about a dozen dungeons filled with named, unique femal npcs and loot, (slave trader plugin HINTHINT). their armor doesnt visually break but since the actual system seems fine it would be childs play to rename and move the bu meshes that came with the dungeon to the appropriate places to get them funtioning with the new system.

[/quote']

Don't move the meshes, just rename them.

so if you install it according to the guide' date=' youll get about a dozen dungeons filled with named, unique femal npcs and loot, (slave trader plugin HINTHINT). their armor doesnt visually break but since the actual system seems fine it would be childs play to rename and move the bu meshes that came with the dungeon to the appropriate places to get them funtioning with the new system.

[/quote']

Don't move the meshes, just rename them.

yea, ill work on that either tonight or tommrow and see how it works out