Weird windows update problem

procian

19 minutes ago, Oops19 said:

Restarting the computer monthly? With the Windows updates this may be indeed the case.

A script to delete the cache file and start TS4 could be the better solution.

I restart daily...turn it off when I go to work.....just weird why it was happening...haven't had an L/E error for a long long time....anyway all is good now :)

6 hours ago, B10HAZARD. said:

@procian 

This is nothing to do with the LE.                   

but because you said you did a windows update, you may want to see this=

I deleted localthumbcache.pkg file and no more L/E's......very very weird as I haven't had any problems prior to the windows 10 update.....

By habit, now i just Delete the localthumbcache.pkg every time i start the game!

Also that Windows update in the video i linked. It Deleted Origin from my DT.

I then moved some other files into another drive, just in case. Then created a new Origin shortcut on the DT.

Have had no other issues so far though.

59 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

By habit, now i just Delete the localthumbcache.pkg every time i start the game!

I then moved some other files into another drive, just in case. Then created a new Origin shortcut on the DT.

Like I said I've not had any more L/E's + windows did another mini update....so far no problems.....

10 hours ago, B10HAZARD. said:

What I found strange is,and it's never happened before,a windows update would cause the sims 4 to throw up an l/e....

Archived