[Early WIP] Slave in Paradise - A PC Slavery Mod for "Weak Girl" RP

Before anyone gets too excited, I'll state up front that this is my first serious attempt at a mod, fully understanding the time and effort it's going to take to achieve what I want. 

I get a little bored with some of the sandbox content such as DCL, Devious Followers, etc. and wanted to set up a story-centric mod of my own that works with Sexlab Survival.  I want a way to enjoy the game's normal functions (magic, combat, quests, etc) without being constantly thrown in devices or sent to boring sandbox slavery scenarios. No offense intended to the modders who have worked hard on making the sandbox playable as a slavery simulator, but they get a bit repetitive and take too long to get out for my taste.  I'm the type of player who says "Yep, ok, defeat + enslavement happened, a sex scene played, now let's skip most of that and get back to the quest," making mental notes about my Dragonborn's sexual/enslavement history and mental state rather than playing them all the way through every time.  I loathe SLSO, or at least the version I installed, because it disabled my ability to just skip the sex scenes.  Sometimes I want to watch them, other times I'd much rather go "Yeah ok they did the deed" and mash the spacebar.

The goal of this mod is to set up the player as the slave of a powerful enchanter, one who sets a hypnotic enchantment on the Dragonborn as an RP-friendly way of keeping himself unkillable and in control.  I'm envisioning this as a type of "reverse trainer" where the enchanter is the slave trainer, and the Dragonborn the trainee.  The player will still be the one influencing the direction the training takes - will the DB be slutty and submissive, defiant and angry, an eager dominatrix, or a brainwashed bimbo? That will depend largely on simple dialogue choices.  I intend to add the following features if I'm up to the task:

1. License management (mostly implemented) - the enchanter will cut off the player's access to SLS licenses and be the sole source of short-term licenses, but won't make the player pay for them.
  2. Hypnosis - the enchanter, after placing a slavetats-based enchantment on the player, will occasionally call scenes with some visual effects that force the player to do something.
  3. Sexual slavery - always the core of a mod like this. The enchanter has needs. The player should be able to control the timing of these needs (I'd rather not have the follower be overly intrusive as it can break immersion)
  4. Inventory management - The enchanter will regularly take the DB's items. In return, he'll grant access to powerfully enchanted magic weapons and armor, though he'll mostly want to see the player in bikini armor, bikinis, and lingerie. The intent is to provide the player with a way to RP a weak girl who's dependent on a powerful master, but still let the player do all the combat they want. Added bonus, the master gets to play dress-up with his slave.
  5. Degradation/humiliation - the enchanter should have the option to publicly whore out the DB like in Devious Followers, or use the player as a 'party favor' for parties with Skyrim's nobility, or force the SB to do other sick stuff.
  6. Appearance management - finally, I'd like the enchanter to be able to do things like change weight slider settings and pop open the racemenu for the player to modify things, like in SD. Much of this will depend on how the player sets up their weight sliders, and should be entirely optional.
  7. Fellow slaves - Currently working on customizing the bathhouse babes with distinct personalities. Hoping the player will be able to interact with each one in several ways.

So I'm already done with my introductory quest line, or as done as I'll likely be without some scripting and modding help. I'm going to keep plodding along in my free time with quest dialogue and character dialogue, since that's the easy part.  Since I am using Andragon's Underground Bathhouse as the enchanter's base of operations, I already have a ready-made set of characters to flesh out, and that will keep me busy for quite a while.  Nonetheless, I have encountered several problems with the creation kit and figured someone else must have overcome these before.  I thought it might be smart for me to ask some dumb questions here so I can set myself up on the right path for this mod.

Current stupid questions list (will be updated if/as they are answered)

• OPEN QUESTION: Is this mod concept actually interesting to anyone else, and what sort of features might be good to think about given that it's my first time modding?
  • Conditional dialogue: Solved after weeks of being a moron
  • Does anyone have experience with scripting to lock a player in furniture in a way that doesn't just completely break the game? Furniture is definitely something I want to implement but had trouble getting ZAZ to work in the initial scene, maybe because I didn't have any valid ZAZ furniture.  UPDATE: Might have figured out the Alias/Scene set up to do this, need more testing.
  • What's a good example of a whipping / beating script done from the NPC to the PC? I thought Slaverun did a decent job of this but wasn't able to read the scripts last I checked. UPDATE: basically copied what I could find out of Slaverun. Need to brush up on scene programming.
  • How do I finish out a slavetats application scene (using slavetats events bridge) to apply and display a new tat? I got it to apply, but not display - I have to open the ST menu to get it to show up.
  • Random replies within a topic: solved
  • What should I do about defeat and enslavement by other mods? In my head, I can see the enchanter deciding he enjoys watching other people or animals use/abuse the DB and would be willing to let her go for a time, but would always either buy her back or rescue her somehow.
  • How do I avoid some of the annoying dialogue pitfalls? For example, sometimes in my test runs I'm seeing certain lines of dialogue disappear, but the player responses proceed as normal.  UPDATE: Does the "Force subtitles" check box do anything here?
  • Can NPCs be equipped with TAWOBA bikini armor? Not having an easy time setting them up with outfits.

This sounds amazing and I am definitely interested is seeing this happen. I have been wanting a mod that has a Dominant follower that actually dominates the DB. I will be keeping an eye on this for developments.  I absolutely look forward to this.

Ha, good to see the replies!  I'm currently stuck at the "why did my main NPC's dialogue just completely disappear after saving the mod and regenerating the SEQ file" phase, so a workable product is still a long way off.

Speaking of which, if anyone has ideas on why in heaven that just happened, I'm all ears.

I wish you the best of luck, though it sounds like a very intensive project. Conceptually the mod sounds great, but speaking from experience I'd recommend creating a strong foundation before worrying about filling it full of features otherwise you could very well burn out off of the sheer size and scope of it.

For all I know you could be a black belt in the art of the Creation Kit, but if not at the very least I'd recommend looking into the coding and variables that mods such as SLS and ToH use. You can use BSA unpacker to view the .psc files to determine when they call variables and aliases in their scripts and papyrus fragments.

From my experience, the hardest part is getting the quests to work properly because for some reason the Creation Kit is extremely picky about how it fills aliases. For example, I had to set an X-marker as an Object Reference before the script's MoveTo() would fire properly.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:07 PM, MyNameIsnt said:

I wish you the best of luck, though it sounds like a very intensive project. Conceptually the mod sounds great, but speaking from experience I'd recommend creating a strong foundation before worrying about filling it full of features otherwise you could very well burn out off of the sheer size and scope of it.

For all I know you could be a black belt in the art of the Creation Kit, but if not at the very least I'd recommend looking into the coding and variables that mods such as SLS and ToH use. You can use BSA unpacker to view the .psc files to determine when they call variables and aliases in their scripts and papyrus fragments.

From my experience, the hardest part is getting the quests to work properly because for some reason the Creation Kit is extremely picky about how it fills aliases. For example, I had to set an X-marker as an Object Reference before the script's MoveTo() would fire properly.

Thanks, and yeah, I am mainly focused on filling out dialogue and quest lines before worrying about diving into scenes and scripts in a heavy way.  If I can get an alpha out there with placeholders for most of the more ambitious features, I can gauge how interested people are with my writing and concept before I kill myself on the technical side of it.  I did actually have a problem with quest aliases bugging out, so I had to fix that last weekend.

Your recommendation on looking at vars and coding is appreciated - I actually talked to Monoman via DM a good deal to understand how to use his license API and learn some of the quest/dialogue basics.  He's a very helpful person.

Guest AthenaESIV

Sounds interesting, and I agree with what you say about the sandbox slavery stuff in most mods.

If you use Sexlab Survival as your inspiration you are off to a great start. Monoman is really good with coding Papyrus and CK so might take a good while to catch up but Im sure you'll find help all over.

My recommendation would be to start small but try to get most bang out of your buck by creating a reusable quest that can get a lot of action.

Something like, just focus on a simple punishment that hits a lot of kinks you are looking for. From reading your post maybe something where when the Dragonborn messes up she is put of for auction in middle of the street and the winner gets her for free use for X hours (or X number of orgasms in an SL scene). And maybe there is a % chance the winner will turn her over as free use for anyone who passes by.

Once the time limit expires she is free again but knows something like that could easily happen again.

Just a rough example but you see what I'm going for Im sure... Just something that has a simple A-Z loop that finishes fast, doesn't stick the player in an endless sandbox like SD+, and the player ends up back where they started before punishment as soon as possible.

Mods that use that sort of mentality are my biggest want for NSFW Skyrim as well... Lots of sex related sequences all over that deal with victim fetishes, but the player quickly gets back control and can continue on her way. Reputation is damaged, and maybe it opens up vulnerability for more and more types of attacks, but they are never just endless sandboxes that take days to complete like SD+, Prison Overhaul, Cursed Loot, and almost every other punishment mod out there.

39 minutes ago, exoticdoc said:

Updated OP with a new question, if anyone knows - is it possible to equip NPCs with bikini armor from TAWOBA? I wasn't able to get it to work with the Paradise Valley NPCs.

I'm probably not giving you the answer you are looking for, but I put all kinds of outfits on vanilla NPC just by changing the name of the .nif files in my meshes folder. I use Remodeled Armor that replaces just about everything and then if I want the female merchants to wear for instance the Kimmy hobble dress from DD, I just rename the .nif files and swap them out with the merchant ones.  If that can be done, I don't see any reason you cant do it with the creation kit.  Just make sure you are using all CBBE or all UUNB and the same skeleton for everyone you change. 

Agreed - and it may just be a body model problem. I recall seeing a mod somewhere that would apply bikini armors to NPCs, but can't find it again...

OP updated, I've done some basic scene creation and package application within the scenes.  It seems to work for the most part, but I'm having some trouble reverting the packages once the scene applies them.  Need to study how they are done in Slaverun some more so I can find out why it's breaking my NPC dialogue after scenes finish.  If they even are finishing.

Amazing idea! I'll definitely be waiting for the release of this one, since I've wanted many of the things you're trying to do.

I really like the idea of inventory and license management and ability to dress-up your DB more freely.

How much bondage stuff is there going to be, Since I love long-term bondage stuff. It's hot and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Also hypnosis is a huge kink of mine, and we sadly don't yet really have hypno content, so this would be great to fill in that itch.

A lot of these mods have a reluctant MC, but will it possible to RP as an eager and happy slave MC, either because of hypnosis or because they are fucked up in the head?

I really like roleplaying as a consenting and friendly slut (maybe I am also fucked up in my head, who knows ?)

Taking suggestions on hypnosis visual effects. It needs to be something that fulfills three criteria:

• A 'nice' and 'harsh' version (can be different colors, camera shake, whatever)
  • Won't block the player's ability to easily see and read dialogue
  • Easy for me to script and implement

I was thinking originally of just using something from the base game, like the elder scroll effect or the one where the DB looks back in time to the original heroes trapping Alduin. If there's another option I'm all ears.

Also having trouble with scenes and package stacks at this point.  It's very frustrating trying to figure out how these work.

On 3/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, exoticdoc said:

Taking suggestions on hypnosis visual effects. It needs to be something that fulfills three criteria:

• A 'nice' and 'harsh' version (can be different colors, camera shake, whatever)
  • Won't block the player's ability to easily see and read dialogue
  • Easy for me to script and implement

I was thinking originally of just using something from the base game, like the elder scroll effect or the one where the DB looks back in time to the original heroes trapping Alduin. If there's another option I'm all ears.

Also having trouble with scenes and package stacks at this point.  It's very frustrating trying to figure out how these work.

Just an idea, but you know that spell that Brelyna cast on the DB when they are doing her personal quest?  The one that puts a green filter on the screen?  You could use that one and make it pink instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, reading through your playstyle and thoughts about how the core gameplay loop of skyrim and the core appeals of slavery mods seem to be at odds I found myself completely agreeing. Just because the mods are designed for a quick wank doesn't mean it can't also compliment the actual gameplay the mod is based in and everything you've proposed sounds brilliant as a solution. I think you've hit the nail on the head and I very much look forward to seeing this project done justice. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I know it's necro'ing an old thread, but do you have any updates to this? I've been watching the thread for a while now, really interested in seeing this come to fruition (especially the hypnosis part, hah) but there really aren't that many mods out there that do what you plan to. I look forward to seeing this mod released some day!

• 11 months later...