Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

3 minutes ago, vorongren said:

Can someone put this download in the main page? Is super-Usefull and almost totally unfindable  

It looks like Akor hasn't been around for a few years at this point, so it would probably take convincing the moderators to grant control over it to someone, and since I don't see anything mentioned on the file page saying it would be okay they may not consider it an option.

1 hour ago, vorongren said:

Can someone put this download in the main page? Is super-Usefull and almost totally unfindable  

I got Akor to un-delete the mod back in April 2021, basically was burnt out modding, which is totally understandable.

Personally, I;m neither smart enough nor have have the drive to learn what it would take to take over the mod. Even if I did, I'd probably just update it with the no AWKCR and remove all the silent voice files and suggest folks use Fuz Roh Doh.

And maybe some of the tweaks I've made to it over the years. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so im trying this mod out and for some reason, i cant get the BDH dialog to kick in at all. No NPCs or companions ever start up on BDH. Its like the game doesnt even acknowledge the BDH exists in the game. Ive tried reinstalling and making sure nothing is over writing it. Also i use XDI (if that is the issue, then is there a patch for it). Is it possible for a load order issue then. Would appreciate some feedback and advice. Thank you to the modder and the community in advance

1 hour ago, Yahya124 said:

Alright so im trying this mod out and for some reason, i cant get the BDH dialog to kick in at all. No NPCs or companions ever start up on BDH. Its like the game doesnt even acknowledge the BDH exists in the game. Ive tried reinstalling and making sure nothing is over writing it. Also i use XDI (if that is the issue, then is there a patch for it). Is it possible for a load order issue then. Would appreciate some feedback and advice. Thank you to the modder and the community in advance

If you have Cait, Curie or Piper (what the mod is designed around) as a current companion and put on a Devious Device or a pair of Real Handcuffs they will stop sandboxing, come over and stand close to you waiting for you start a conversation. Take the item off and they'll go back to sandboxing like normal.
IF they don't, the mod isn't running.

Or, if the MCM says missing plugin, well, it's not running.

IF they do and you still get the normal/vanilla dialogue, then something is blocking the BDH dialogue... XDI maybe.. dunno don't use it.

Also, make sure you have the required masters installed and working correctly. All DLC, AAF, Devious Devices, Torture Devices, AWKCR.

A few pages back Akor posted a version that doesn't require AWKCR.

Here's the no AWKCR version.

Edited by izzyknows
10 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

If you have Cait, Curie or Piper (what the mod is designed around) as a current companion and put on a Devious Device or a pair of Real Handcuffs they will stop sandboxing, come over and stand close to you waiting for you start a conversation. Take the item off and they'll go back to sandboxing like normal.
IF they don't, the mod isn't running.

Or, if the MCM says missing plugin, well, it's not running.

IF they do and you still get the normal/vanilla dialogue, then something is blocking the BDH dialogue... XDI maybe.. dunno don't use it.

Also, make sure you have the required masters installed and working correctly. All DLC, AAF, Devious Devices, Torture Devices, AWKCR.

A few pages back Akor posted a version that doesn't require AWKCR.

Thankl you for replying promptly. 

So i have made sure all the masters are available and are working. Even made sure to make the Non-AWKCR patch apply as well. I have tried handcuffs and nearly all devious devices i can find and nothing propped up the BDH dialogue. The last thing remaining for me to try is to remove XDI and see if it works. 

Ill let you know what happens. 

8 hours ago, Yahya124 said:

Thankl you for replying promptly. 

So i have made sure all the masters are available and are working. Even made sure to make the Non-AWKCR patch apply as well. I have tried handcuffs and nearly all devious devices i can find and nothing propped up the BDH dialogue. The last thing remaining for me to try is to remove XDI and see if it works. 

Ill let you know what happens. 

something you can try (and it will tell you if the mod is working or not also) is to go into the MCM for BDH and set a hotkey for BDH dialogue and possibly outfits as well.

then in game use the hotkey and you should get a notification of BDH dialogue enabled or BDH dialogue blocked.

if you do not get that notification something is wrong and the mod is not running. 

i had the same issue initially and for some reason the mod was not running the dialogues until i turned it on with the hotkey. 

using the hotkey to turn it on you can be sure the mod is running, then equip a device/handcuffs and talk to your current follower.

your follower should have some unique dialogue.  i do have XDI installed and it works fine for me.

5 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i had the same issue initially and for some reason the mod was not running the dialogues until i turned it on with the hotkey. 

using the hotkey to turn it on you can be sure the mod is running, then equip a device/handcuffs and talk to your current follower.

your follower should have some unique dialogue.  i do have XDI installed and it works fine for me.

So i did check with the hotkey and even so, i do get the notifications and all. However the dialog itself doesn't pop up at all. I did a clean save and enabled only BDH to see if its something to do with my game files and it worked. So there is a mod that is in conflict with BDH dialog but i havent been able to locate it as of right now. 

Edited by Yahya124
Had made a typo

Is there a command line i can use to check if the scripts are working. Something like using a command to make a particular NPC (Be it piper, curie or cait) your devious helper as if you agreed to be their sub. Im asking for this to see if its only the initial dialog thats being blocked or the whole thing. 

13 hours ago, Yahya124 said:

Is there a command line i can use to check if the scripts are working. Something like using a command to make a particular NPC (Be it piper, curie or cait) your devious helper as if you agreed to be their sub. Im asking for this to see if its only the initial dialog thats being blocked or the whole thing. 

set BDH_CMD to 3 <<--Slut Walk without a companion

Get naked and mess around in a settlement. Do not draw a weapon as that will reset the timer.

If you get an error the mod isn't running.

Tip, you can copy the command above and paste it in the console. ;)

Also yo can set a hotkey for the dialogue like Yahya said and make sure it's turned On. It should be on by default, but it's a Bugthesda game. LOL

Just thought of something, maybe a dumb question but.... You are playing as a human female correct?

Edited by izzyknows

Hello, I'm encountering a problem with the mod, whenever someone comes and asks my characters something like "dance while I masturbate" i chose "accept being a slut" or something similar which puts me into a black Infinite loading screen, i can hear the sounds of the game running in the background like everything is working fine but that black loading screen just seems to never end, if someone knows a fix that would be amazing.

Otherwise the mod seems to be working fine, i can Ask people to remove devious devices from etc si i'm wondering if i may just be missing something

3 minutes ago, Akumajiro said:

like "dance while I masturbate" i chose "accept being a slut" or something similar which puts me into a black Infinite loading screen

The issue is "most likely" you don't have the required animations, IF it happens every time.

It can happen, and the workaround is to quick save/load. That will clear the animation and put you at the ending dialogue.

On 6/22/2023 at 8:16 PM, izzyknows said:

set BDH_CMD to 3 <<--Slut Walk without a companion

Just thought of something, maybe a dumb question but.... You are playing as a human female correct?

Ill try using that command to see if it works, that will be actually interesting to see. 

Also, yes. I am infact playing as a human female character lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

the vacation event make all of my gears gone 4ever, after i killed the boss and open the chest to take my gears back, nothing in there, i checked all enemy corpses but nothing too, then i returned to my companion, she has nothing, i've to load previous save! it never happen if my char was abducted by RSE mod..
another problem, it conflicts with Raider Pet, i think.. at the mission "Talk to Lucky" , the collar suddenly disappears and they become my enemies again ?

Edited by Triggs
23 minutes ago, Triggs said:

the vacation event make all of my gears gone 4ever, after i killed the boss and open the chest to take my gears back, nothing in there, i checked all enemy corpses but nothing too, then i returned to my companion, she has nothing, i've to load previous save! it never happen if my char was abducted by RSE mod..
another problem, it conflicts with Raider Pet, i think.. at the mission "Talk to Lucky" , the collar suddenly disappears and they become my enemies again ?

I haven't used BDH for a while, but I recall there's an MCM option to have your companion/mistress keep your equipment and then return it to you once you escape and talk to them again.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, blinkmoth said:

Hi, how can I remove some devices from being detected and able to be removed? For example, I need to wear a collar at all times. Is there a patch for this?

only through a dialog, a temporary shutdown. Something like "don't pay attention to these devices" and like for 10 minutes the approaches are turned off. Although it would be great if there was some kind of patch that allows you to make the mod not react at all to some dd devices, or real handcuffs. This would greatly improve compatibility with other mods

• 2 weeks later...

so I'm having a bit of an issue with the mod. I downloaded it properly and i enabled it and the plugin but when i open the game and look in MCM it tells me that Boston devious helper.esp is missing. I tried re-installing it but nothing changed. I use vortex btw. Wat do?

3 hours ago, stugboog said:

so I'm having a bit of an issue with the mod. I downloaded it properly and i enabled it and the plugin but when i open the game and look in MCM it tells me that Boston devious helper.esp is missing. I tried re-installing it but nothing changed. I use vortex btw. Wat do?

Let me guess Vortex doesn't let you know you're missing masters when trying to install a mod?

You most likely don't have AWKCR.

Here's the non AWKCR version.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Let me guess Vortex doesn't let you know you're missing masters when trying to install a mod?

You most likely don't have AWKCR.

Here's the non AWKCR version.

Vortex does actually tell you, but a lot of users don't notice (or ignore) the warnings it spams them with.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2023 at 4:46 PM, izzyknows said:

Here's Konata Inoue Mega folder.

I suggest you grab all the files and tuck them away someplace safe. ;)

Thank you for that. I started backing up some files after I noticed that some authors had deleted their files or disappeared completely. Unfortunately for some authors it was already too late.

I hope InoueKinkKollarsV2 was the correct mod.

On 9/16/2023 at 4:46 PM, izzyknows said:

Here's Konata Inoue Mega folder.

I suggest you grab all the files and tuck them away someplace safe. ;)

Oh this is great, thank you.

I have another question though - I'm kinda clueless about the outfit dresscode event.
Every once in a while the bimbo collar triggers an event I cannot escape from, it tells me that my dresscode isn't correct and I should wear a skimpy outfit or go naked. Either one is not working for me. Whatever I wear I still get tazed, also removing every cloth and item except the bimbo collar doesn't work as well.
Is this a bug or does it work for others?

51 minutes ago, sexybastardo said:

Is this a bug or does it work for others?

That's on your end. Something is using the body slot 33 and preventing BDH from seeing your PC as naked. Even with an "approved"  skimpy outfit, you really only need to wear the shoes, which uses the body slot.

I've heard there are weapon mods that use the body slot for unarmed boosts. But you need to look for a mod that is using that slot.

Probably obvious, but BDH is intended for a human female PC.