Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

On 4/16/2023 at 8:39 AM, astor said:

Would this work with custom followers, i.e. Ivy, Ellen, Heather, etc.?

do not know about Ellen and Heather, but it does work with Ivy (current playthrough). she is not giving me tasks as often as i would prefer,

that just means i have to play with sliders until i figure out the right settings is all.

edit 

found my issue with not happening as often as it should.  Sexual Harassment was triggering a lot (from Ivy) and making her never idle long 

enough to trigger BDH.  if i suspend the SH approaches she will use the BDH system fully correctly (as far as i can tell so far).

Edited by valcon767
3 hours ago, astor said:

Would this work with custom followers, i.e. Ivy, Ellen, Heather, etc.?

It seems to work with any follower, at least female ones, whether or not they're mod-added or vanilla. It even kinda works with other followers, though when I tried to make Strong my dom it sort of crapped out after a while, not really sure if it was due to my choice of follower or some unrelated bug (I didn't dig into it too deeply since I was playtesting on a throwaway save anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that 1 Bimbo task in particular for me almost always seems to never start properly but I may have just found a work around.

The "Bimbo Fame" task where the collar shouts that you are going to masturbate for everyone, I've gotten this task several times and only had it follow through once.  Generally the spectators run over, start cheering and then nothing happens.  I have a fairly hefty dose of script lag in my game, running over a thousand mods, but even just standing there for a couple minutes the task never moves forward and I end up using the 911 command.  But this time I decided to use the old trick that can fix standard Bethesda quests as well.  I sat my ass down on a park bench and hit T and waited an hour.  What do you know, the damn thing fired the next dialogue line as soon as I stood up. 

Just in case it helps someone else as I haven't seen this task mentioned in this thread as causing anyone issues.  :)

15 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

When you have script lag that bad, your shite be broken AF. :P

It works surprisingly well to be honest.  Pretty much doesn't crash unless I try and go through a loading screen (sleep or through a door into a building) too quick after loading a save.  Other than that, it's solid ?  That doesn't mean it's perfect, but it pretty much works apart from having to wait about 20 to 30 seconds for scenes to start :)

Edited by Sgt. Marge
18 minutes ago, KalBreen said:

Problem solved... sort of...

Sometimes the quest alias doesn't fill correctly, in which case you can reset the events or use set bdh_cmd to 911

Resurrect & recycleactor in general "can" break the NPC's packages. Resurrect on a killed NPC is pointless, unless you need to kill them again, as it doesn't reset the packages that are removed on death.

On 4/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, vaultbait said:

It seems to work with any follower, at least female ones, whether or not they're mod-added or vanilla. It even kinda works with other followers, though when I tried to make Strong my dom it sort of crapped out after a while, not really sure if it was due to my choice of follower or some unrelated bug (I didn't dig into it too deeply since I was playtesting on a throwaway save anyway).

Yes this would be much more interesting with a follower like Strong. ;)

6 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Yes this would be much more interesting with a follower like Strong. ;)

I have plans to integrate a breeding-obsessed super mutant companion into a future version of a mod I have in the works. It's not going to use BDH, but will certainly draw at least some inspiration from it (as well as from ideas like the "bad boyfriend" followers you can get in Hardship).

Edited by vaultbait
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I have plans to integrate a breeding-obsessed super mutant companion into a future version of a mod I have in the works. It's not going to use BDH, but will certainly draw at least some inspiration from it (as well as from ideas like the "bad boyfriend" followers you can get in Hardship).

I remember you posted something about it earlier, hopefully it will be not just a  follower but where she can also"be invited" to  "visit" the supermutant camp/lair and be "social" and see other many other pretty girls there who are in a  similar predicament :)

Please dont make it too easy to escape or to get "revenge" to help immersion :)

Maybe no revenge mechanism would be best and most immersive ... just my very humble 2 cents.

I am very grateful for anything you are preparing for us.?

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
40 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I remember you posted something about it earlier, hopefully it will be not just a  follower but where she can also"be invited" to  "visit" the supermutant camp/lair and be "social" and see other many other pretty girls there who are in a  similar predicament :)

That part's already implemented for the initial version, I'm now down to building previs/precombines, facegen, lipfiles, adding roombounds/portals and fixing up my terrible navmeshes. Basically all the boring crap I procrastinated on learning to do until it was the only work remaining. ?

Please dont make it too easy to escape or to get "revenge" to help immersion :)

Escape requires completing a quest, but the idea is that by the time you can escape you may be too brainwashed to want to leave anyway.

Maybe no revenge mechanism would be best and most immersive ... just my 2 cents.

Yes, the super mutants in the mod's custom location are marked essential, so are effectively immortal.

I am very grateful for anything you are preparing for us.?

I may just upload a prerelease without all the planned polish, and warn people that the new interior cells might perform poorly on lower-end systems. I've been playtesting pretty heavily for months now, and have ironed out all the obvious bugs I could find, but I guarantee mod users will find a lot more for me.

13 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

That part's already implemented for the initial version, I'm now down to building previs/precombines, facegen, lipfiles, adding roombounds/portals and fixing up my terrible navmeshes. Basically all the boring crap I procrastinated on learning to do until it was the only work remaining. ?

Escape requires completing a quest, but the idea is that by the time you can escape you may be too brainwashed to want to leave anyway.

Yes, the super mutants in the mod's custom location are marked essential, so are effectively immortal.

I may just upload a prerelease without all the planned polish, and warn people that the new interior cells might perform poorly on lower-end systems. I've been playtesting pretty heavily for months now, and have ironed out all the obvious bugs I could find, but I guarantee mod users will find a lot more for me.

CAnt wait.

I am currently on travel away from my gaming desktop but will be  back home in 9 days :)

On 9/2/2022 at 12:36 PM, vaultbait said:

Agreed. On my last playthrough of BDH I tried to use Strong as my dom and while it mostly worked, the dialogue clearly assumed a female mistress, voice files didn't map (I didn't think to copy them over like you did), and the lack of mutie masturbation scenes made it a pretty rough experience. In the end I concluded it wasn't really designed with that situation in mind at all. I've been having similar experiences with Sexual Harassment and mutie harassers (some of the new animations it adds don't have mutie equivalents, and a lot of the dialogue/scenarios would be out of character for them anyway).

Thats odd.

I had no problems with supermutants harassing when I was a Raiders Pet in Bostong and wandered off the raiders campt into another street and animations of the harrassment outcomes worked fine too in SH and elsewhere.

And this was all the way last year.

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
8 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Thats odd.

I had no problems with supermutants harassing when I was a Raiders Pet in Bostong and wandered off the raiders campt into another street and animations of the harrassment outcomes worked fine too in SH and elsewhere.

And this was all the way last year.

SH does work well enough with super mutants (if you ignore the buttslap and molestation animations not being correct for their skeleton and the unimmersive lines they'll say in approaches). The issue I ran into was using Strong as a "dom" companion with Boston Devious Helper, he did put the Bimbo Collar on me, but a number of the collar events seem to (I think) assume specific animations which assume the dom is human and possibly even female. At any rate, I'm not sure why but some of the Bimbo Collar events for BDH did not complete with strong as my dom.

44 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

SH does work well enough with super mutants (if you ignore the buttslap and molestation animations not being correct for their skeleton and the unimmersive lines they'll say in approaches). The issue I ran into was using Strong as a "dom" companion with Boston Devious Helper, he did put the Bimbo Collar on me, but a number of the collar events seem to (I think) assume specific animations which assume the dom is human and possibly even female. At any rate, I'm not sure why but some of the Bimbo Collar events for BDH did not complete with strong as my dom.

I understand, did not challenge your experience just wanted to not SM on human female animations seemed to work for me. :)

30 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I understand, did not challenge your experience just wanted to not SM on human female animations seemed to work for me. :)

Yes, I agree there are plenty of working super mutant on human female animations, the problem I had seemed to be specific to the dom/bimbo collar quest events for Boston Devious Helper, that's all.

1 hour ago, Saint_Olaf said:

The one thing I would like with this mod is some more setting, Fucking Piper wants to constantly Send me on vacation. Like ok every now and then sure but this bitch wants me to take a trip every other day. lol. 

Quit being a little bitch and happily submit like a good bimbo. ;)

Anything other than submissive responses will add up and trigger the bad girl vacation.

1 hour ago, PervertInside said:

Are there any dance animation packs? All my character does is standing there while the other party does their thing in their animation

Savage Cabbage's animation pack contains quite a few dance animations for solo human females.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:34 AM, vaultbait said:

Savage Cabbage's animation pack contains quite a few dance animations for solo human females.

Thanks! That helped, i thought I installed that one, but just had it downloaded.

Am I allowed to edit the mod for myself?

I'm trying to remove the raider and gunner factions so I cant ask them to remove the devices once they're in their post animation passive state.

I still have to figure out *how* to do.

Edited by PervertInside
On 5/13/2023 at 4:32 PM, PervertInside said:

Thanks! That helped, i thought I installed that one, but just had it downloaded.

Am I allowed to edit the mod for myself?

I'm trying to remove the raider and gunner factions so I cant ask them to remove the devices once they're in their post animation passive state.

I still have to figure out *how* to do.

just set the hotkey in BDH's mcm to block dialogue and press it once, you will see bdh dialogue blocked in the upper left corner.  Then when you are done talking to gunners and raiders (i assume through hardship or something) then you can toggle BDH back on