Draenei and Man'ari

View File

Draenei and Man'ari

20191225171631_1.jpg

20191226194045_1.jpg

To save forum space from repetitive information, please see

this thread for most of the necessary information about these

races, and the mod overall. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD.

I will NOT repeat things that are easily answered by simply

reading my previous posts there. If you can't be bothered to

read, I can't be bothered to help you should an issue arise.

I will however, repeat some of what I posted there to insure

that it's seen:

First, this race mod comes in THREE parts.

The pair of races built on a Master file, and a

second plugin, which provides additional

(under construction) content atop TWO floating islands.

One over Lake Ilinalta (Draenei faction), and the

other in The Reach above the river (Man'ari faction).

You DO NOT start your character on either of these.

You reach them through their teleporters on the ground

beneath them. All currently available info about these

islands is explained in the linked WIP thread.

Finally, the BodySlide files to set everything up to

you preferred CBBE shape.

In the BodySlide folder you'll find two additional

folders. These folders are the required pathing for

the body and it's textures for BOTH races. They

share body meshes and textures. And I HIGHLY

advise AGAINST trying to change the body type.

(See my quoted text from the other thread below)

Most importantly:

A LOT of time and effort went into building this mod.

It was actually supposed to be my first race mod

ever for Skyrim, but was shelved for Moonshadow

Elves for LE back in 2012. I released the Draenei for

LE some time ago, but wanted to take it MUCH

further for SSE's more stable engine. So bear this in

mind while reading the following quote from

the other thread:

I WILL NOT support any alterations to the body or skeletons

used in this mod. BOTH are fully compatible with both RaceMenu

AND SOS. The skeletons are HIGHLY modified to give the proper

proportions to everything, such as the hooves and tails. Nearly

everything is adjustable in RaceMenu, including the scale and length

of their tails. Given these factors, I CANNOT assume any support

to anyone tampering with the mod in ANY way.

Use it as it is, or sort any issues that arise from tampering

on your own. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this. Ever.

The body is CBBE, and fully compatible with BodySlide, and

I will be adding the BodySlide files to the mod for the purpose

of reshaping the body to your preferred shape, and for

fitting armors and the like.

I put my all into this. And I'm quite pleased with

how it's turned out so far. And I'm just getting started.

I have a TON of content already slated for this.

Everything from Draenei vs. Man'ari battlezones, to

custom spells and enchantments. I'm also looking

into a sizable number of custom armors from which I

can create more hoof armors.

I kept the additional content apart from the races specifically

so I can add content through the plugin, and not risk

any changes to current playthroughs. So there shouldn't

be any need to start a new game when I update the add-on.

With that, I hope you enjoy these races as much as I do......

Trykz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/10/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard Dragonborn RaceCompatibility
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

sweet. i was waiting to see this come out trykz^^. since i'm on SSE i had plans to port this mod to SSE purely for my own personal play. did you haveplans to port this mod to SSE as well? ?

Edit: i just reread what you said for plans for sse. sorry. i speed read it earlier and missed it :P. luv all your race mods bud. esp the most recent one you did DoC ;)

question. pardon if i missed this question but the bodyslide files you provided are presets not a group to build a body to them directly according to fit specific armor pc's to the body shape. if we already have a specific preset we like to use then....i'm confused on how to go about this O.o

EDIT: also. i'm a BHUNP/UUNP user....how are we supposed to be able to use that when its exclusely for cbbe O.o

58 minutes ago, chevalierx said:

tattoo in pic and i play wow before lich .........

tattoo exist ...........

To unlock the Lightforged Draenei Allied Race, you must first have the Battle for Azeroth expansion purchased.

The playable Lightforged Draenei race wasn't introduced until the Battle for Azeroth expansion. Playing it before Lich King is impossible.

That said, if you want the Lightforged tattoos, go create your own race mod so you can have whatever you want. Otherwise, please stop clogging up my thread with nonsense.

1 hour ago, walkingfree2020 said:

question. pardon if i missed this question but the bodyslide files you provided are presets not a group to build a body to them directly according to fit specific armor pc's to the body shape. if we already have a specific preset we like to use then....i'm confused on how to go about this O.o

EDIT: also. i'm a BHUNP/UUNP user....how are we supposed to be able to use that when its exclusely for cbbe O.o

The body folders are in the download along with the BodySlide files. The presets are there to shape armors to the INCLUDED body that's in the BSA. The body is CBBE and already exists in BodySlide. If you installed the BodySlide files with a mod manager, then the body folders may not be where they're supposed to be. As far as ANY other body mods go, it's for you to determine if you want to use the mod as is, or risk breaking it for a body mod.

I'll support issues with CBBE. No others, no exceptions. The reasoning behind this is detailed here, and in the WIP thread.

Here's my reply to another user that PM'ed me the same questions:

The BodySlide file are only a preset to use "if" you want to keep the default body shape included in the mod. If not, generate the CBBE body shape you want with whatever preset you have for it. Hold the left control key when you create the bodies, and they will appear in the BodySlide folder. Drag them into the provided empty folder for the body meshes (Data\meshes\actors\character\draenei\female), and you're done. Remember, you'll need to reshape whatever armor/clothing mods you have as well to fit them.

You can generate hand meshes as well if you like, but DO NOT generate feet meshes, because doing so will override the hooves. Each island in the add-on has a chest on it with the hoof armors to match the vanilla armors if you use those. On the Draenei island, it's under a table on the patio. On the Man'ari island, it's on the overlook just across the blood pool.

Hope that explains things.

Trykz

4 minutes ago, chevalierx said:

but you have post pîcs with that tattoos and i speak english baddly

so i just want tattoo resource , i know it private .

edit : i was talking about daneri in wow not race you mention it

Which pics have tattoos? I'm not sure what you mean, because I didn't post any pics with tattoos. Copy them here so I know what you're talking about.

If you're talking about this:

20191226194616_1.jpg

it's NOT a tattoo. It's a clothing mod ?

Trykz

12 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

did a fresh install and it's showing up no textures just floating eyes and tendrils O.o

ok. got the body up..but he head is still floating eyeballs and teeth O.o

Well, that's not right ?

Gotta be something goofy going on with the install. Did you install manually, or with a mod manager?

Trykz

19 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

did a fresh install and it's showing up no textures just floating eyes and tendrils O.o

ok. got the body up..but he head is still floating eyeballs and teeth O.o

I noticed this for the Draenei, but not Manari. I think the issue is installing with a mod manager. When in doubt, install manually. Has anyone found the Manari island yet?

1 minute ago, balthazarornot said:

I noticed this for the Draenei, but not Manari. I think the issue is installing with a mod manager. When in doubt, install manually. Has anyone found the Manari island yet?

That's really odd. My final test for ALL of my race mods is to delete every loose file to make sure the BSAs are set up and functioning properly. However, I install the finished, packaged file with Vortex. Essentially, I delete the entire mod, and reinstall it using the same file that you download and install. So you may be right, and it might be an MO2 issue specifically.

Trykz

i've used your other mods and those have noissues assuming you built them the same you you were talking about and i've got no problem with them running O.o so i'm a lil perplexed. i'll keep at it though. the other draenei race mod i ported for some odd reason works fine for everything in game except anims. it's annoying xD

Is it the same for the Man'ari race?

I've had mods that have the same issue, but simply switching to a different race and back usually clears it up.

Both races share the entirety of the meshes folder for the head, body, hands, hooves, horns, skeletons, and face tendrils for female AND male respectively.

Try removing the mod completely, then unzip the downloaded file and drag and drop it into your Data folder to see if it changes anything. I suspect it will.

Trykz

5 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

kk. oh. also to add the invis face is on the male draenei too. i'll check the manari right quick. if its invisi too i'll try placing it directly in my skyrim folder and go that route.

20200111113329_1.jpg

20200111113255_1.jpg

As you can see, BOTH races load right in without any issues. I suspect what you're experiencing is one of two things:

First, a possible problem with MO2 not loading in all the assets from the BSA.

Second, (and I suspect the more likely culprit)....... script lag. Script lag will interfere with the loading of the race controller script, causing it to stall, and not allowing the headparts formlist to load all of the assets it contains. This is especially prominent on older, less powerful hardware. Typically, it can be worked around by simply loading another, vanilla race, and then switching back to give the race controller more time to fully start and implement.

This issue is them aggravated by MO2 by loading the mod from a "virtual environment". Which is why a direct, drag and drop manual installation typically helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Trykz

8 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

ok. the manari race works perfectly. but he draenei race is invisi face O.o

Again, they use EXACTLY the same meshes. If one works and the other doesn't, I'm pretty convinced that it's because the race controller script stalled during load.

Install manually.

Trykz