50 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

have been wondering around looking for the book to teleport up and the area where its supposed to be isnt there O.o the city is there the island underneath is there but only things onthe island is a fisherman, some grass and a tree or 2 O.o

I hate to say it, but you have some serious issues going on with your Skyrim ?

Might be time for a total re-installation ?

Trykz

5 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Not sure what to say then. Other than this might be the rare case where a mod just doesn't agree with your setup. Sorry about that. But I'm not sure what other help or advice I can provide.

Trykz

it's ok. i know this can be a pain to deal with sometimes. i do appreciate the time you spent trying to figure out what was going on. :) on a dif subject though let me know if you see anything odd on that file i sent you. i'll be toying with this a bit to see what is causing this conflict and keeping it from running as intended. i do use jk's ksyrim and great cities plus the compatibility patch that can alter alot of the lands layout. maybe there is a conflict there or something. 

Are the bodyslide meshes/texture folders supposed to be empty, without any files whatsoever? Just curious.

Edit: Think it may be why some people have missing textures, the BSA files arent being read for some reason, at first I noticed it due to head and body having different textures, as you could see an neck seam, again, i didnt change anything, fresh isntall and bodyslided, you might want to check if thats possible.

Can confirm missing faces. Occurs with my normal mod set, and with a minimal load order consisting only of this, the unofficial patch, Alternate Start, an enb, and race compatibility. Effects only the draenei, the eredar are completely fine. Draenei npcs in the draenei base are fine.

• Scrolling through races does not fix it.
  • Exiting character creation and then using showracemenu does not fix it.
  • loading a preset made with the eredar does not fix it.
  • unpacking the bsa does not fix it
  • running textures through CAO does not fix it. I may have tried running meshes through it as well, but I cannot recall if I did. If I did, then optimizing the meshes does not solve it either.
  • Re-downloading and re-installing the mod did not fix it.

There are no file conflicts shown in MO2 with archive parsing turned off. There are no file conflicts shown in MO2 with archive parsing turned on.

There are conflicts between the base plugin and aetheriumbreach, with aetherium breach adding an effect to each race. Likely not the source.

There are itm edits to every nord and breton character creation preset. Will try cleaning those and seeing if it changes things, though I think it will not.

Do the draenei character creation presets have(or need) facegen?

I did not have or have had any other draenei race mods installed, until trying to fix this one. The version of race compatibility I am using is the one found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2853 I am unaware of there being other versions, but if there are then that might be it.

Body slide has the body as a potential shape preset, but nothing to build. Uncertain of author intent in this regard, so this may be as it should be.

Head tentacles, tail, and horns do not change with body skin tone. Looking at screenshots, this seems intended, however. Is it planned to change this at some point? I know some equipment mods have figured out skintone matching, but I do not know if its possible to do with headparts.

Could not find the teleport book up to Draenei base. Likely not a bug, probably due to enhanced landscapes, or if not that whichever mod it was that adds little vivec.

This probably reads like a list of complaints and problems, but to be clear I do like this mod and I am interested to see how it grows.

2 hours ago, Tex said:

Are the bodyslide meshes/texture folders supposed to be empty, without any files whatsoever? Just curious.

Edit: Think it may be why some people have missing textures, the BSA files arent being read for some reason, at first I noticed it due to head and body having different textures, as you could see an neck seam, again, i didnt change anything, fresh isntall and bodyslided, you might want to check if thats possible.

Yes. Those folders are there for if you want to change the body shape. If you do, then place the appropriate meshes in these. The texture folders are for the same purpose, but NOT recommended, as alternative textures will not like match the hoof textures.

Empty override folders have no effect on files packed into an archive (.bsa). Overrides only take effect if there's an actually file in place to override the file in the archive.

1 hour ago, palecontrast said:

Can confirm missing faces. Occurs with my normal mod set, and with a minimal load order consisting only of this, the unofficial patch, Alternate Start, an enb, and race compatibility. Effects only the draenei, the eredar are completely fine. Draenei npcs in the draenei base are fine.

• running textures through CAO does not fix it. I may have tried running meshes through it as well, but I cannot recall if I did. If I did, then optimizing the meshes does not solve it either.

There are no file conflicts shown in MO2 with archive parsing turned off. There are no file conflicts shown in MO2 with archive parsing turned on.

There are conflicts between the base plugin and aetheriumbreach, with aetherium breach adding an effect to each race. Likely not the source.

There are itm edits to every nord and breton character creation preset. Will try cleaning those and seeing if it changes things, though I think it will not.

I did not have or have had any other draenei race mods installed, until trying to fix this one. The version of race compatibility I am using is the one found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2853 I am unaware of there being other versions, but if there are then that might be it.

Body slide has the body as a potential shape preset, but nothing to build. Uncertain of author intent in this regard, so this may be as it should be.

Head tentacles, tail, and horns do not change with body skin tone. Looking at screenshots, this seems intended, however. Is it planned to change this at some point? I know some equipment mods have figured out skintone matching, but I do not know if its possible to do with headparts.

Could not find the teleport book up to Draenei base. Likely not a bug, probably due to enhanced landscapes, or if not that whichever mod it was that adds little vivec.

This probably reads like a list of complaints and problems, but to be clear I do like this mod and I am interested to see how it grows.

This is extremely odd that only a few users are having this issue. Mostly because for those users, the Man'ari race displays the head mesh on the player, but the Draenei race does not. Yet, the head mesh IS displayed for the Draenei NPCs.

ALL of them use the SAME mesh.

I'll load the build ESP back into the CK and have a look, but I'm not confident I'll find anything. If I don't, I'll see what I can do about a workaround for those having issues.

Trykz

To provide a little more detail:

When I built this race for LE, it was right around the time of the notorious 1.5 patch. To circumvent issues surrounding that fiasco, I created a master file from which I built all my races at the time called CRB. CRB was little more than a collection of Race Forms, and yep, HEAD MESHES ?

While I was building this mod, it never dawned on me that I STILL had my SSE version of CRB loaded with all of it's raw files. Therefore, the heads worked fine for me and countless other users, because a few of you don't have CRB. Anyone using this race mod I converted for SSE, certainly has CRB and would not experience this issue.

Totally my fault. And I again apologize for the inconvenience.

Trykz

And I just realized I'll need to fix the Aetherium Breach plugin as well, or it will revert the fix when it's loaded. Fix incoming shortly.

edit: oddly, the change carries over to the Aetherium Breach plugin. Likely because I didn't make any changes to the individual parts of either race. So no fix is necessary.

Trykz

28 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Okay, so I apparently forgot to change the folder pathing for the Draenei head mesh during the build. I did however, change it for the Man'ari, which is why it's working for them. The NPCs are using the FaceGenData meshes that were created for them by the CK. In any event, I was able to fix it by loading the original build plugin into the CK and fixing the pathing for the head. My apologies for the inconvenience. Here's the fix:

Draenei and Man'ari Fix.7z 13.08 kB · 0 downloads

I'll add this to the download page and update the original post with this information as well.

Trykz

2 hours ago, palecontrast said:

thanks for this update trykz. i dont have crb installed but when i first seen you doing this mod i was in the process of porting your old mod with crb just for practice. so i have it. just havent used it xD i got the aetherium to work. it stoppe crashing. i unloaded the bsa's so i can customize the body a bid more. currently using my bhunp setup with the smp path. works perfectly. :) now to install the patch so i can have  draenei ^^b

1 minute ago, walkingfree2020 said:

thanks for this update trykz. i dont have crb installed but when i first seen you doing this mod i was in the process of porting your old mod with crb just for practice. so i have it. just havent used it xD i got the aetherium to work. it stoppe crashing. i unloaded the bsa's so i can customize the body a bid more. currently using my bhunp setup with the smp path. works perfectly. :) now to install the patch so i can have  draenei ^^b

Great news! Thanks for letting me know.

Trykz

3 hours ago, palecontrast said:

The teleporter for the Aetherium Breach is next to Ilinalta's Deep. It's a bit hidden in the woods there, and looks like a Dwemer lift with a standing stone in the center. Click on any of the gears to teleport up.

Trykz

1 minute ago, walkingfree2020 said:

just to touch base with you what did you think of that port i sent you. for practice i know i need to adjust a new skeleton for it so the hooves will sit right but cant find any decent guides to show how to do that stuff. the eye thing i think is something else though.

Honestly, I haven't downloaded it yet. I was more concerned with honing in on the issues you and some other were having ?

I'll grab it now and have a look tomorrow.

Trykz

6 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Honestly, I haven't downloaded it yet. I was more concerned with honing in on the issues you and some other were having ?

I'll grab it now and have a look tomorrow.

Trykz

k. it was no rush just thought to ask. :P thanks for all the great work and i look forward to what else gets added to this mod down the road ^^b

3 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

k. it was no rush just thought to ask. :P thanks for all the great work and i look forward to what else gets added to this mod down the road ^^b

You won't have to wait long ?

I'm finishing up the BodySlides for the hoof boots tonight, and will be uploading them tomorrow. I removed the hooves from them, and set the meshes to use JUST the calves slot. What that means is, they "should" be wearable by ANY race, whether they have hooves OR normal feet. I'm updating the changes to the Aetherium Breach plugin as I go, so it'll be one download to update. This update doesn't change the chest location, but it IS a folder change for the meshes generated by BodySlide. After updating, you'll have two folders called "Hoor Armor" and "Hoof Armors". The "Hoof Armor" folder and it's contents can be safely deleted, because it's no longer used.

Here's the Dragonscale Hoof Boots:

20200111200822_1.jpg

I'm also looking at some other boots to modify as well in the future.

Trykz

I am glad the issue was found. I was experiencing the same, but definitely did not attempt to remedy it in such an exhaustive manner as posted above. Out of curiosity, has anybody else found the Manari Island? I noticed the location as near Karthwasten, however there is definitely not an island. If somebody else has found it, I will know it is a conflict of some sort, however I do not have any know mods which conflict with this area. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, palecontrast said:

When I the site lets me post images, I'll have to come back and share.

Everyone has faces now, that problem is solved. Draenei base teleporter found, no apparent landscape conflicts so yay. Are the draenei supposed to have the red nail/claw things or just the manari?

Both races have claws. The Draenei claws will be getting a color update to match the face tendrils, horns, and tails. I really wanted the face tendrils to use the skin tone, and even spent half a day trying to force that. I'm sure it can be done, but I suspect it would likely require a scripted solution that I didn't want to go with. So I resolved to have them match the horns, which then prompted me to match the tails as well.

Trykz