Any modder more competent than me willing to take on updating SOS AE?

On 10/26/2022 at 5:53 AM, Dont Tell My Parents said:

I hate to say this but if you're super busy why not find someone to caretake or to upgrade for you until things get less busy for you? :)

This thread started by asking for people to help actually!

(we will all appreciate it)

On 10/30/2022 at 2:16 AM, onen said:

I converted the source code from 1_5_97 on the SoS mod page to AE 1_6_640.

It loaded successfully for me, created a male character and got in game with all his bit there.  I play female characters so that is as far as i tested it.  So you can give it a try if you want until chuckseven1 does his magic.

I had to make 3 changes to get it working.

1) Added the skse64 AE change that uses __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =

and I removed bool SKSEPlugin_Query(... since i saw other mod examples of working dll's which didn't have it anymore.   see skse64/PluginAPI.h

2) removed the skse64 projects from the SoS solution..why oh why do people do it this way.  download skse64, compile it(as a static lib), point your mod vc++ directories to those compiled libraries.  That seems to me the easier way to do it.

3) removed the line RelocAddr <_LookupFormByID> LookupFormByID(0x00194230); from Storage.cpp and added #include "skse64/GameForms.h" at the top of the file since skse64 has that line with the correct number in that header.

enjoy

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640.zip 222.15 kB · 118 downloads

Of course... I finally find an update file and my Bitdefender won't let me download it. 

Anyone know how to make Bitdefender calm down just this one time?

EDIT: I figured it out... Man! Bitdefender's UI is confusing!..... but my schlongs still aren't showing up... idk what to do anymore

Edited by J.Azure
FIGURED IT OUT! :D
On 10/30/2022 at 11:16 AM, onen said:

I converted the source code from 1_5_97 on the SoS mod page to AE 1_6_640.

It loaded successfully for me, created a male character and got in game with all his bit there.  I play female characters so that is as far as i tested it.  So you can give it a try if you want until chuckseven1 does his magic.

I had to make 3 changes to get it working.

1) Added the skse64 AE change that uses __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =

and I removed bool SKSEPlugin_Query(... since i saw other mod examples of working dll's which didn't have it anymore.   see skse64/PluginAPI.h

2) removed the skse64 projects from the SoS solution..why oh why do people do it this way.  download skse64, compile it(as a static lib), point your mod vc++ directories to those compiled libraries.  That seems to me the easier way to do it.

3) removed the line RelocAddr <_LookupFormByID> LookupFormByID(0x00194230); from Storage.cpp and added #include "skse64/GameForms.h" at the top of the file since skse64 has that line with the correct number in that header.

enjoy

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640.zip 222.15 kB · 131 downloads

Can`t test it atm, but thanx a lot anyway

2 hours ago, J.Azure said:

Of course... I finally find an update file and my Bitdefender won't let me download it. 

Anyone know how to make Bitdefender calm down just this one time?

EDIT: I figured it out... Man! Bitdefender's UI is confusing!..... but my schlongs still aren't showing up... idk what to do anymore

Could just roll back?  v1.6.353.0 is where everything works correctly, there was really nothing in the update either.  Unless you updated every other mod you have to 640 then I guess it would be a pain.

Also see if the SOS MCM shows up, might have to enable all that stuff again.  If no MCM then it's probably not fully updaetd.

Edited by SonsOLiberty
El 30/10/2022 a las 3:16, onen dijo:

Convertí el código fuente de 1_5_97 en la página de modificación de SoS a AE 1_6_640.

Me cargó con éxito, creó un personaje masculino y se metió en el juego con todo su granito de arena. Interpreto personajes femeninos, así que eso es todo lo que probé. Así que puedes intentarlo si quieres hasta que chuckseven1 haga su magia.

Tuve que hacer 3 cambios para que funcionara.

1) Se agregó el cambio skse64 AE que usa __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =

y eliminé bool SKSEPlugin_Query (... ya que vi otros ejemplos de mod de dll en funcionamiento que ya no lo tenían. Consulte skse64/PluginAPI.h

2) eliminó los proyectos skse64 de la solución SoS ... ¿por qué, oh, por qué la gente lo hace de esta manera? descargue skse64, compílelo (como una biblioteca estática), apunte sus directorios mod vc ++ a esas bibliotecas compiladas. Esa me parece la forma más fácil de hacerlo.

3) eliminó la línea RelocAddr <_LookupFormByID> LookupFormByID(0x00194230); de Storage.cpp y agregó #include "skse64/GameForms.h" en la parte superior del archivo ya que skse64 tiene esa línea con el número correcto en ese encabezado.

disfrutar

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640.zip 222.15 kB · 214 downloads

If it works, check it out. this guy is a deity.
Sorry the english use translator