(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

Ive been following your guide and made it to step 10 and have run into an issue. When I click the SKSE to activate and enter the game MO2 will state is starting up Skyrim but nothing happens afterwards. Ive been taking the step process very slowly and was wondering if there are any suggestions or remedies for this issue?

17 hours ago, Molevalence said:

Ive been following your guide and made it to step 10 and have run into an issue. When I click the SKSE to activate and enter the game MO2 will state is starting up Skyrim but nothing happens afterwards. Ive been taking the step process very slowly and was wondering if there are any suggestions or remedies for this issue?

If the game doesn't launch at that point it means your game crashed before even reaching the main menu.

• Check that you're not missing any requirement for the mods you have enabled. MO should notify you about this, check the Notification icon for any messages (the red triangle with ! icon above the "Run" button).
  • Also make sure all your mods are compatible with the SKSE version you have installed. In most cases if you have any incompatible SKSE plugin MO should give you a warning in the same Notification item, but there are cases where you have to check versions manually.

For the later, take a look at the filters applied in steps 14.1 (checking all Nexus mods for update) and 14.3 (highlight mods with a .dll file which must match your SKSE version). With the recent SKSE update there are a couple of mods where the version you get is specially important (like Racemenu). So make sure you read the information about the file before downloading/installing (most mods requiring a specific SKSE version will mention it in the FILES tab).

Edit: if you can't pinpoint the issue, post a screenshot of your MO interface (like the one near the end of step 5). A screenshot like that should contain the relevant information (modlist/loadorder with enabled mods and version, number of notifications if any, etc.). But try to check your mods for updates and address any notification you see in MO if you have any. Also, try to launch the game without any mods enabled (you should leave only the SKSE scripts and INI file enabled in the left panel). If the game can't start at that point your game install might be broken (so reinstall or check file integrity in Steam) or your SKSE install was done improperly (so check the SKSE install steps and repeat/fix if needed).

Hello I have a question

I had downloaded some animations required for sex from the list you've recommended 

My animations aren't working :<
and followed the instructions and all but still no animations.
the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing.

:(everything except the animation doesn't work. Skyrim: Special Edition
 the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing. still not working so i think there is a problem with mods

However, we can hear sex sounds like moans and panting

stand idle and sounds can be heard but no animation. The characters go back to their normal state afterwards and the game works fine. Screenshots are of ''during'' the animation and before the characters strip, since they just stand staring at each other for a moment before they strip.

20201809.jpg

20201810.jpg

3 hours ago, adrianna_ said:

Hello I have a question

I had downloaded some animations required for sex from the list you've recommended 

and followed the instructions and all but still no animations.
the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing.

:(everything except the animation doesn't work. Skyrim: Special Edition
 the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing. still not working so i think there is a problem with mods

However, we can hear sex sounds like moans and panting

stand idle and sounds can be heard but no animation. The characters go back to their normal state afterwards and the game works fine. Screenshots are of ''during'' the animation and before the characters strip, since they just stand staring at each other for a moment before they strip.

20201809.jpg

20201810.jpg

did you run FNIS before loading the save ? sometimes you need to run it twice. also, the mod in the MCM for sexlab, needs to be installed, and sometimes won't auto=trigger on its own to do this. check the MCM to see if it's a full menu or if it says "install". as well, in SLAL, (animation loader) you also need to register those animation packs you installed. so check the MCM menu there as well, select the animations you want from each pack listed and then register them. should work after that.

7 hours ago, adrianna_ said:

As YoJimbo said, make sure you're using FNIS (and verify there are no warnings, if there is a warning fix it). Also make sure you completed the in game setup for Sexlab/SLAL and that you're using a compatible mod to trigger the animations. For that refer to steps 7 (FNIS) and 10 (in game setup for Sexlab/SLAL).

7 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

fyi

Thanks, I saw the update but I don't know what changed. Is it possible that Jcontainer wasn't working properly this whole time? I've been playing for ~60 hours now and didn't notice any problem.

I'll keep an eye on it and update in the next few days. Most likely it's safe to update or install latest version if doing a new install anyways.

4 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

I'll keep an eye on it and update in the next few days. Most likely it's safe to update or install latest version if doing a new install anyways.

I already have it installed and it seems to work fine.

Btw. in case that was missed Boris updated the ENB to 4.48. The new things he added look good too.

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

I already have it installed and it seems to work fine.

Btw. in case that was missed Boris updated the ENB to 4.48. The new things he added look good too.

I updated and played for a while without problem. And yeah, I downloaded 448 already and have been testing different presets, can't make my mind up and pick one yet.

Thanks for the heads up and I hope you're doing good.

31 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

may want to hold off on the new JC. check out the SSE conversion thread. 2 people posted issues with animations not starting and CTD's.

I upgraded yesterday and haven'd had any issue (although I'm using like 0 sexlab in this playthrough... I'm more focused in finishing some questlines and maxing out all the magic skills). If I find any issues I'll revert back, I'll keep an eye on that mod page and the tracking thread to see if there are other problems reported.

i hope you know what's going on here or have heard of this, but i caved today and set up ENB as per instruction. i managed to find Imaginarium / obsidian weathers on nexus and set those up as per nexus instructions. set up the enb helper and the lighting thing too as per the recommendations on the site. i have everything set up, and not i am totally psyched, hoping to see this game in a new light and hopefully not lose too much FPS.

only skse and base game to test the enb stuff, that's it. i have nothing else installed other than that. so here i go, start my game..

so i get to the load screen, and wait like 10 minutes for the stupid shader cache to load.. i finally on the main menu, i figure "ok, i'll use coc riverwood" to get in quick to see how it looks. so i wait and i hear that "plop" sound of my character landing, and the screen goes from black to.....

wtf is this damn flickering between blurry and normal views. like every second (literally) blur, no blur, blur no blur....

i wend back to the site, nothing. i went to the posts to see if anyone else had this. nothing. goggled it.. nothing.. beth INI, nothing...  i have no clue wtf is going, and now i am totally discouraged that this enb thing has turned out to be such a letdown..

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i wend back to the site, nothing. i went to the posts to see if anyone else had this. nothing. goggled it.. nothing.. beth INI, nothing...  i have no clue wtf is going, and now i am totally discouraged that this enb thing has turned out to be such a letdown..

Have you tried turning it off and on? eh bad joke I know. But I've never had this issue in particular (I'm lacking so much first hand experience in bugs really)...

Are you using ENB Helper? It's required for most presets to properly apply custom weather settings and I'm not sure of the effects of going in game without it. For a minimal setup to test ENB I'd use SKSE, ENB Helper and the mentioned weather/lighting mods for the preset in question. Make sure the enb preset you install is compatible with the enb binaries you have (ex. avoid old presets while using the latest ENB binaries or the other way around). I used Imaginarium for a long time and never had this issue, and as it only requires one weather mod is easy to test and setup without needing 5 lighting mods and 15 patches. I think the current version of Imaginarium works fine with the latest ENB.

If you're out of ideas to try, open the in game ENB settings (Shift+Enter by default) and disable effects in the left panel to see if it makes a difference. Perhaps it's one effect in particular that causes this to happen. If it doesn't change I'd start looking into GPU drivers or any program which may interfere with the game display (like Steam overlay, GE overlay, etc.).

10 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

wtf is this damn flickering between blurry and normal views. like every second (literally) blur, no blur, blur no blur....

I had the same issue when one of the mods didn't initialize properly. With another update of JContainers (i missed one) this was gone in my case.

Error:

Spoiler

ScreenShot1131.png.60e84591a90371e74aca8878a3923e25.png

Make a hard save and restart the game. Then wait a bit. It took me several attempts to get this to finally pop up.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, Just Don't said:

skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files, remember to edit the ones in ...\MO2\profiles\Default.

ok this might be a bit of an odd question, as i have not seen this before now, but what is the difference between both .ini files in the MO2 path, and the ones from the ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition path, which is what BethINI modifies ?

are both not the same, or supposed to be the same (as in they contain (or should) the same values in both paths) ?

Also i may have found the problem, which is actually something that is in the Imaginarium settings. i can't confirm though until i understand the question above. i copied the ini files from the "mygames" to the "MO2" but then my window started acting weird and not going full screen. and then i ended up having a "mirror cursor" when i opened the menu with ESC, where one was about 2 inches higher than the other on the screen. so i don't know if that has to do with the INI settings or the ENB settings there, but first things first, i need to understand the ini files in both paths and fix the blurring (which might be the ENB's auto-focus setting).

19 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ok this might be a bit of an odd question, as i have not seen this before now, but what is the difference between both .ini files in the MO2 path, and the ones from the ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition path, which is what BethINI modifies ?

The ones in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition are the default ones when you first launch the game once, after running BethINI these are the optimized ones.

The ones in MO2\profiles\<profile name> are the ones MO will use for the selected profile.

By copying the ones from Documents\My Games... into the MO subfolder the user should have the optimized ini files in both places now. In the MO subfolder so it gets used in game and in the Documents subfolder as a backup (and because some programs like xEdit look for the inis in the default location even if the ones in MO are the correct ones). There is a setting in MO so it doesn't use profile specific inis. So the BethINI and ini management would be a bit easier. I've been thinking about changing the instructions to implement this. I mean it's easier to do and follow in a guide, and it's there. Why wouldn't I implement it? What kind of madman am I? Yeah.

19 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i copied the ini files from the "mygames" to the "MO2" but then my window started acting weird and not going full screen. and then i ended up having a "mirror cursor" when i opened the menu with ESC, where one was about 2 inches higher than the other on the screen.

Are you sure you selected the proper INI settings in BethINI? I'd verify the settings used (for fullscreen in particular) and re-create the inis. Then manually apply the changes recommended by Imaginarium ENB.

Edit: to simplify the BethINI/ini stuff go into Profiles, select your current profile (if you have more than one you can apply this setting to each one) and uncheck the "Use profile-specific Game INI Files". Now you just need to worry about a single set of ini files in the default location (Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition).

Spoiler

image.png.3b15b5cb4fb8201633e95c7cf070fe22.png

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

Make a hard save and restart the game. Then wait a bit. It took me several attempts to get this to finally pop up.

Is it with the lastest Jcontainers version. If so I think we should stick to the previous version (which was working fine even with SKSE 2.0.19).  

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

I mean it's easier to do and follow in a guide, and it's there. Why wouldn't I implement it? What kind of madman am I? Yeah.

LOL, just think all the extra work i've caused you to make to your tutorial ?

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Are you sure you selected the proper INI settings in BethINI? I'd verify the settings used (for fullscreen in particular) and re-create the inis. Then manually apply the changes recommended by Imaginarium ENB.

yeahhhhh, case in point, one ini had the full window mode turned off, and the other ini had it turned on. so when i copied the INI from documents into the MO2 profiles, it fixed it up.

so yeah, imaginarium had the auto-focus set to true, and once i set it to false, the flickering stopped. i did post it on Nexus, but my FPS took a major dive down to like 5.2 with this and obsidian weathers. so i took them out, and now i am back to trying to find an ENB preset that looks good and doesn't require any other weather mods, if i can find a good preset which doesn't have any requirements, i'll be happy. although i may just play with the ENB menu ingame to see if i can come up with my own personal preset that doesn't hurt my fps and still makes the game look better than the default view. meh back to playing with settings for a while :)

good time to do this anyway. since i haven't installed anything other than SKSE right now. actually waiting for the DD5 SE version to be released so i can test out the performance and set a low-end baseline for Kimy anyway.

31 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

LOL, just think all the extra work i've caused you to make to your tutorial ?

No worries, it actually simplifies the instructions and the actual usage of the programs and manual edits users may need to do. I think I didn't include it early just because I'm used to keep this profile specific-ini setting enabled, so pure old habit.

Instructions changed, added this bit at the end of step 3.3 (and removed step 5.2 as it's no longer needed to manually move ini files from the default location to the profile subfolders).

Spoiler
On 1/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, Just Don't said:

A final setting to change is the profile specific .ini files. By default MO will use its own set of .ini files instead of the ones located in your ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition. To simplify things we'll disable this profile specific set of .ini files. To do that:

1. Press the Profiles button
  2. In the Profiles window select the profile you're currently using and disable the "Use profile-specific Game INI Files"
  3. If you have multiple profiles (not covered in this guide) you should consider doing the same for your other profiles too.
    • Note that if you do want to use profile specific sets of .ini files you should copy the ones generated by BethINI in your ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition to each profile subfolder (...\MO2\profiles\<profile name>). And remember to edit each set of files in their profile subfolders.

1901303067_3MODisableprofileinis.png.a2aa58cd5014b83b598e0a0a0d26ce06.png

For ENB presets I always stick to simple ones and disable effects I don't like (for example I can't stand most DoF effects so I just disable it and gain back a couple of FPS in the process). As long as I'm close to 60 FPS is not a major lost. I can't go back to vanilla look now, even with some lighting/shadow mods to enhance things, the look I get with some ENB presets is too good to give up. 

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

For ENB presets I always stick to simple ones and disable effects I don't like (for example I can't stand most DoF effects so I just disable it and gain back a couple of FPS in the process). As long as I'm close to 60 FPS is not a major lost. I can't go back to vanilla look now, even with some lighting/shadow mods to enhance things, the look I get with some ENB presets is too good to give up. 

yeah, i hate the lighting and foggy/misty look in the current visuals. after seeing Imaginarium, my mind is blown. i tried a few other ENB presets that had no requirements (turns out every weather mod really messes with my fps), so i spent the day learning about BethINI tweaks, INI settings, ENB INI's and so forth. trhen spent about 2 hours on nexus looking for performance enhancing mods, which i found a few with potential (optimized SSE textures, low res particles and few others so far). and i managed to tweak my INI files enough without crashing anything to save a few FPS, so i'm up a bit now from before (fps is around 9 to 12 since i gots a crappy laptop lol). hoping i can get to around or over 20 fps by the time i'm done with the enb settings. hell i even managed to mess with the 2 BMP images from the wrapper folder lol.

turns out, enb ini stuff is kind of fun lol

still would like to know what DoF really does.. i had it on, and turned that off along with water reflections.

35 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

still would like to know what DoF really does.. i had it on, and turned that off along with water reflections.

DOF is Depth of Field, it creates a focal point where things are clear, blurring the background. The strength of the effect can be configured, but I rarely notice it (and if I do notice it's because it's too extreme).

Example

Spoiler

Skeleton in the right and grass around it appears clear, rest of the picture seems blurry and distant.

image.png.8359669a2443f930ac1440a7d83efe93.png

If you're truly struggling for performance you may want to delve into Reshade presets (or ENB+Reshade presets). Reshade is known for tweaking some settings in a more performance friendly way than ENB.

Hi, it's a wonderful guide. I have followed all the steps and the animations work fine but i have a little problem:

When I change the CBBE Morphs in racemenu, the sliders are laggy, and its makes unconfortable to change the body. Its just the CBBE Morphs sliders, the rest are fine and the game looks fluid. This happened in the first test too, before the 3BBB install.

I have SKSE v 2.0.19 and racemenu v0-4-16.

I have been searching this error but I have found anything. I have reinstalled racemenu and bodyslide but nothing. ¿Someone experimented this error before?¿Where can be the problem?

21 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Is it with the lastest Jcontainers version. If so I think we should stick to the previous version (which was working fine even with SKSE 2.0.19).  

There was a second update (at least for me ;)) that fixed the problem. The newest one (V 4.1.13) does seem to work fine.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

There was a second update (at least for me ;)) that fixed the problem. The newest one (V 4.1.13) does seem to work fine.

good to know, thanks :)

14 hours ago, Just Don't said:

DOF is Depth of Field, it creates a focal point where things are clear, blurring the background.

yeah figured as much. still learning the lingo and such to understand but it's insane how terminology has changed in the last 30 years (yeah was playing in windows back when it was 3.1 and everyone was using Word Perfect, and Photoshop didn't really exist so i'm old), so trying to keep up with the terminology changes is a bit daunting sometimes.

i disabled DoF anyway, don't need it, i gained 2 FPS by doing so anyway. i guess the Gradient BMP tweak i did really did something cause once i turned on Bloom effects, my game.. well it was like "night and day" kind of thing. it looks really good too. Managed to find the Aurora settings and started messing with those. i like the look so far, but i find my character is a bit too dark, even though i like how the darkness looks realistic around me. so trying to find a setting or settings that will tweak the skin / character lighting at nightime without messing with the night visuals. man this is fun lol.

14 hours ago, Just Don't said:

If you're truly struggling for performance you may want to delve into Reshade presets (or ENB+Reshade presets). Reshade is known for tweaking some settings in a more performance friendly way than ENB.

yeah, i did try that re-shadder from "reshade.me", and it did nothing for me, and i didn't like the look anyway it gave. besides, shades are ok when approriately used, and the reshade did too much overkill imo. thanks for the suggestion though :)

4 hours ago, jotapota said:

When I change the CBBE Morphs in racemenu, the sliders are laggy

yeah i get this too, never figured it out either, and honestly, for me, i use the sliders in Bodyslide anyway, so i have no need to tweak anything in Racemenu using the CBBE Morphs sliders. since this lag is only on the sliders and no where else in the game, i learned to live with it lol. maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling bodyslide ? maybe this will work