(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

6 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Not really, the only thing you should do is make sure in the end you use the files generated by BethINI and move them to the MO2 folder.

Well, thank you. I'm very sure I screwed up a lot worse than it sounds but I will defer to your experience and expertise for this. I'll be back when I've screwed up again. Thank you for being patient with me!

35 minutes ago, PixelPolarity said:

Well, thank you. I'm very sure I screwed up a lot worse than it sounds but I will defer to your experience and expertise for this. I'll be back when I've screwed up again. Thank you for being patient with me!

If the only thing you did was remove the inis from your Documents and then replace them with the ones from your game folder, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Especially if you use BethINI after that. The only reason for my previous recommendation was that BethINI itself recommends to keep the default ini files (the ones generated when you first launch the game) before using BethINI. And BethINI is near the beginning of the steps because then you don't need to worry about it later. The ideal procedure is

1. Install the game, launch it once = You have the vanilla ini files in your Documents.
  2. Download BethINI and use it = You have the ini files edited/optimized by BethINI, still in your Documents.
  3. After installing and configuring MO, copy the ini files from your Documents to the proper MO2 folder = You have the optimized ini files in two places
    1. your Documents as a backup.
    2. the MO2 profile folder so they're used by MO.

That's it. I seriously doubt you'll have further issues, unless you went full bananas and moved other files that have nothing to do with the mentioned ini files.

4 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

If the only thing you did was remove the inis from your Documents and then replace them with the ones from your game folder, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Especially if you use BethINI after that. The only reason for my previous recommendation was that BethINI itself recommends to keep the default ini files (the ones generated when you first launch the game) before using BethINI. And BethINI is near the beginning of the steps because then you don't need to worry about it later. The ideal procedure is

1. Install the game, launch it once = You have the vanilla ini files in your Documents.
  2. Download BethINI and use it = You have the ini files edited/optimized by BethINI, still in your Documents.
  3. After installing and configuring MO, copy the ini files from your Documents to the proper MO2 folder = You have the optimized ini files in two places
    1. your Documents as a backup.
    2. the MO2 profile folder so they're used by MO.

That's it. I seriously doubt you'll have further issues, unless you went full bananas and moved other files that have nothing to do with the mentioned ini files.

Okay, so, I'm an idiot because I've been looking in the wrong place for the skyrim.ini and the skyrimprefs.ini files. I kept looking at the mentions of Documents/MyGames/- and so on but I'd been going into the shortcut I made to the steamapps/common/skyrimspecialedition instead, where I found a skyrimprefs.ini file in the skyrim folder and messed with that instead. So my stupid and confused ass was messing with the wrong files in the wrong folders the entire time, all because I used the shortcut in my work folder rather than opening File Explore and going into Documents. I'm very sorry for wasting your time.
However, now I think I may have to reinstall Skyrim SE and use BethINI to restore the old ini files in its folders.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: I meant- restore the old ini files in the steamapps/common/skyrimspecialedition folders.

17 hours ago, PixelPolarity said:

I've been looking in the wrong place for the skyrim.ini and the skyrimprefs.ini files. I kept looking at the mentions of Documents/MyGames/- and so on but I'd been going into the shortcut I made to the steamapps/common/skyrimspecialedition instead, where I found a skyrimprefs.ini file in the skyrim folder and messed with that instead. So my stupid and confused ass was messing with the wrong files in the wrong folders the entire time

I thought this was already stablished, you wrongly grabbed the ini files from your game folder. But did you remove these files from the game folder? or you just copied them to your Documents? or you copied them to MO2\profiles\Default? Either way, using BethINI again should be enough to generate valid files again (in your Documents to later move them to MO2... etc).

17 hours ago, PixelPolarity said:

However, now I think I may have to reinstall Skyrim SE and use BethINI to restore the old ini files in its folders.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: I meant- restore the old ini files in the steamapps/common/skyrimspecialedition folders.

Reinstall the whole game just for some ini files that the game doesn't even use? Neh. You can verify integrity of game files (in the Steam Library -> Skyrim SE -> Properties -> Local files). That should be enough to restore the ini files in the game folder (not your documents/MO2) to the default ones.

Slow down a bit, read carefully and go one step at a time. And you don't need to reinstall the game for everything, just backtrack what you just did and undo it if possible. 

8 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I thought this was already stablished. But did you remove these files from the game folder? or you just copied them to your Documents? or you copied them to MO2\profiles\Default? Either way, using BethINI again should be enough to generate valid files again (in your Documents to later move them to MO2... etc).

Reinstall the whole game just for some ini files that the game doesn't even use? Neh. You can verify integrity of game files (in the Steam Library -> Skyrim SE -> Properties -> Local files). That should be enough to restore the ini files in the game folder (not your documents/MO2) to the default ones.

Slow down a bit, read carefully and go one step at a time. And you don't need to reinstall the game for everything, just backtrack what you just did and undo it if possible. 

Wow. I really freaked out over nothing, I suppose. Thank you for the help and thank you for being patient with me. I've gone back over the steps and I feel much more confident now. Thank you again!

I hate to be posting this late as much as I hate being the only one posting at all in this forum (it's embarrassing, needing this much help), however I need a little help identifying the problem with this. I was working on Step 5 with LOOT and the Step mentions the problems with "dirty plugins" but I'm not sure if this notification about missing scripts with the Skyrim Script Extender is included with those.
Unless it's normal and I can continue to which I'm sorry for the bother.Imscareddude.thumb.jpg.1f536fb754b69a37780ad2619c60a6cc.jpg

7 hours ago, PixelPolarity said:

I was working on Step 5 with LOOT and the Step mentions the problems with "dirty plugins" but I'm not sure if this notification about missing scripts with the Skyrim Script Extender is included with those.
Unless it's normal and I can continue to which I'm sorry for the bother.

LOOT is not detecting any of your mods (this also includes the SKSE scripts that are added through MO as a mod), that list in the left should contain all the plugin files from the mods installed thus far.

Are you starting LOOT through MO as per the instructions? If you start LOOT outside of MO (using the shrotcut in your desktop/start menu) nothing about MO will be loaded. If you're using the executable through MO and still have that empty list in LOOT, restart your computer once. I've seen this happen once or twice and restarting the computer was all I needed to do to fix it.

ok, here's a good ..

i am planning to download and install creation kit. where do i install this / how, if, i am using the guide suggestions and no placing my steam/game files in program files,  but outside.

right now, i have Steam as C:\Steam, and my mods under C:\SE Mods\Mod Organizer 2.

so where would creation kit go ?

8 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

so where would creation kit go ?

The CK is automatically installed in your game folder (so wherever your Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition is). That's where the Bethesda launcher will download and install it, and that's where it needs to be.

After it's installed you can add the executable to MO as usual so you can launch it through MO as any other program (I think MO will add it automatically the next time you start MO after installing the CK, like it automatically adds LOOT and SKSE).

6 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

LOOT is not detecting any of your mods (this also includes the SKSE scripts that are added through MO as a mod), that list in the left should contain all the plugin files from the mods installed thus far.

Are you starting LOOT through MO as per the instructions? If you start LOOT outside of MO (using the shrotcut in your desktop/start menu) nothing about MO will be loaded. If you're using the executable through MO and still have that empty list in LOOT, restart your computer once. I've seen this happen once or twice and restarting the computer was all I needed to do to fix it.

Got it! Thank you.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:29 PM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

12.2 Building the body and SMP Objects in BodySlide

In BodySlide you'll need to build the following sets using your Preset (regular CBBE presets should work fine with CBBE 3BBB, but there are also a couple of 3BBB specific presets already made in the Nexus, you can search for them and see if you like them).

• SE 3BBB Body Amazing - This is the female nude body that will use any mix of CBPC+SMP to handle physics. This is the only body set you should build now.
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object Player - The (invisible) object that enables SMP in the player character (there is a power to switch between CBPC and CBPC+SMP, you can enable it in the mod MCM).
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC A-cup - Same as above, but for NPCs where you enable SMP (there are spells to do so, add or remove them in the MCM)
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC B-cup - Same as above, these are just different cup sizes. You can enable 1 cup size per NPC using different spells.
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC C-cup - ^
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC D-cup - ^

And that should be it. By default every NPC will use CBPC only. You can go into the CBBE 3BBB MCM and add the power or spells to enable SMP in the player character or certain NPCs (for example a couple of followers, or your favorite lovers). Actors with SMP enabled will use a combination of CBPC and SMP (depending on the settings you picked while installing CBBE 3BBB).

You should sort your loadorder as CBBE 3BBB comes with a new plugin file. Everything else should be ready to work, but you might want to search conversions for the armor/clothing mods you use. Regular CBBE will keep working fine, but you won't have the additional physics that 3BBB enables. In case your outfit mods have 3BBB support, these should be BodySlide files that you'll need to install in MO and then use BodySlide as usual, building all the sets added by these mods. The groups/sets names will depend on the mods you're using, so I can't give any specific instruction here. 

I do not get what you are having us do here. I open BS, check, find the "SE 3BBB Body Amazing" and after that i don't get what i am suppose to be doing in there. It said "This is the only one i should build..." So ok built it. 

Am i now suppose to go into the "Outfit/Body" tab again and select the following stuff? If so what do i do in there? Where is the mod MCM that i can enable stuff in.. sorry i took a couple days off because i kept getting frustrated with how often i got stuck only to figure it out later. 
Basically i don't get what to do on 12.2 I'm guessing at best and sorry but i just want to get this right.

Also forgot to add, since the addition of step 12 sex magics no longer work. the rest seems to be functioning but not that

10 hours ago, Nazakoo said:

I do not get what you are having us do here. I open BS, check, find the "SE 3BBB Body Amazing" and after that i don't get what i am suppose to be doing in there. It said "This is the only one i should build..." So ok built it. 

The only nude body you need to build. This means you shouldn't ever select other body types like "CBBE Body", "CBBE Body Physics" or "CBBE Body Special". Build the 3B Amazing body and never build another body set that would overwrite the 3B Amazing one. Writing this I can see where the confusion comes from, so I'll re-write this part trying to clarify this.

Am i now suppose to go into the "Outfit/Body" tab again and select the following stuff? If so what do i do in there?

You build exactly what was added after installing the 3BBB mod, which is listed in the instructions.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

In BodySlide you'll need to build the following sets using your Preset (regular CBBE presets should work fine with CBBE 3BBB, but there are also a couple of 3BBB specific presets already made in the Nexus, you can search for them and see if you like them).

• SE 3BBB Body Amazing - This is the female nude body that will use any mix of CBPC+SMP to handle physics. This is the only body set you should build now.
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object Player - The (invisible) object that enables SMP in the player character (there is a power to switch between CBPC and CBPC+SMP, you can enable it in the mod MCM).
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC A-cup - Same as above, but for NPCs where you enable SMP (there are spells to do so, add or remove them in the MCM)
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC B-cup - Same as above, these are just different cup sizes. You can enable 1 cup size per NPC using different spells.
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC C-cup - ^
  • 3BBB Amazing Body SMP ON Object NPC D-cup - ^

You can Batch build and select all these sets or build them one by one selecting each one in the Outfit/Body field and pressing the Build button for each set.

Where is the mod MCM that i can enable stuff in..

The MCM is where all the MCM are, in game go to the SYSTEM menu (where you can find the game settings and controls). There you'll see a MOD CONFIGURATION (it's all in caps in game, I'm not screaming). If you did step 10 (which you should) you already entered that menu to access the Sexlab and SOS MCM, this is no different, once in the Mod Config. you should see a 3BBB Amazing... something in the list, you click in there and the menu for that mod will open.

Also forgot to add, since the addition of step 12 sex magics no longer work. the rest seems to be functioning but not that

You mean the spells from Matchmaker aren't working since you installed the stuff in step 12? What happens when you use these spells? 

5 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:
16 hours ago, Nazakoo said:

You mean the spells from Matchmaker aren't working since you installed the stuff in step 12? What happens when you use these spells? 

Correct. What happens is I get the buff and the text saying i have done the self buff, and then i get the text saying i have done the spell to someone else but nothing happens after that point. (will go and do the above steps, thank you again)

26 minutes ago, Nazakoo said:

Correct. What happens is I get the buff and the text saying i have done the self buff, and then i get the text saying i have done the spell to someone else but nothing happens after that point.

Did you add new animations or made changes to any animation related mods? Just run FNIS again and make sure you're not getting any warnings about incompatible mods in there.

Okay so after looking in the MCM (thank you for explaining it for me), I saw 

"FNIS SexLab Framework Idles"     ?

and I did not download creature packs but now i see

"FNIS Creature Pack (7.0+)"     ?

It always had some sort of "Creature pack" set to ?

and a new one 

"FNIS Sexlab Creature Idles"   ?

So the issue seems to be in the sexlabs area... not sure how to turn it back to being on, also thinking maybe i should get the creature packs just to have it in game but not sure. what do you suggest

15 minutes ago, Nazakoo said:

So the issue seems to be in the sexlabs area... not sure how to turn it back to being on, also thinking maybe i should get the creature packs just to have it in game but not sure what do you suggest

On 1/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Note: Sometimes you may see a couple of "?" in some checks, I've seen them mainly in the Idles checks. Usually they go away after switching camera pov (go from 1st to 3rd person or the other way around), sometimes they go away after you leave the cell and start playing for real. So seeing a couple of "?" there shouldn't be a major issue.

And the Creature checks are there even if you didn't install the Creature pack from FNIS or any creature related animations for SLAL, these won't be detected (labeled like "?" or not found, etc.), which is what you would expect and is totally fine if you don't want to use creature stuff.

13 minutes ago, Nazakoo said:

No, I have only been doing what's been outlined in your tutorial. If it included adding anything I did up to 12.2

Run GenerateFNISforUsers as instructed and read the text it gives after you press the yellow button. If there is anything weird (labeled as warning, incompatible, not found, etc.) you'll need to solve this. Although after reading your latest replies, your issue could simply be that you didn't even install Sexlab in the first place.

How are you in step 12 if you didn't complete step 10? or you did but now you see these marks in the Sexlab MCM and you didn't knew how to get to the Mod config. menu? I'm having a hard time following how you've been doing things. Take it easy, and do things one step at a time.

About the recent SKSE 2.0.18 update: I've tested twice in long play sessions, I can't seem to find any issues this far. All the mods covered in the guide seem to work fine. Make sure you're getting the latest version of everything (and this includes MO2 itself, remember to check for updates).

If this icon is in color, it means there is an update for MO available.

MOupdates.png.29a6c13609e80014169a9117a8d2bc90.png

apparently, according to the SE conversion thread, there was a problem with the first version of the new SKSE, and it was replaced 12 hours later. so the new version should be ok. the other problem, is that there is a new version of MO2 out. and some issues are happening with the combination of everything. so prolly ensuring people have the latest versions of everything before updating would be the better option, for those wanting to update now.

I'm not sure, I tested last night and had no issues at all. I've been reading mixed comments in the SSE conversion post and in the different Nexus pages for the mods involved. I'm about to do another test after re-downloading SKSE 2.0.18 in case I had that first skse. I'll also try the last racemenu version. In a couple of hours I should have a more definitive answer to this and update the recommendations.

Edit: tested, latest version of everything works fine. I'll assume the issues reported are mods not covered here (and not used by me in my main profile, because all my mods seem to work as intended).

Only message I received was for the skeevr.dll, which is the SKSE plugin from Racemenu for VR, not for SE (that is the skee64.dll and it works fine). You can either ignore the warning in MO or hide the skeevr.dll to get rid of said warning (previous Racemenu versions didn't even include the VR dll so...). I'll edit my other comment about staying in 2.0.17, it doesn't seem necessary.

skeeVR.png.fa50752a5a297bec7558a1015a389507.png

Edit2: added this info at the end of step 5.1, we'll see if there is a new Racemenu version that doesn't contain the VR files...

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

question on the overwrite files. do the Pex and HKX files also get moved out ? is there a list of all the possible files types that i can move using option 1 ?

Everything goes out of Overwrite. Which mod/tool generated pex and hkx files in Overwrite? FNIS? if so, that's already covered in the FNIS steps, you create a "Generated FNIS" or FNIS output, etc. to place these files near the bottom of your left panel. If you need to generate them again you either delete the mod and create a new one or just let the new files overwrite the old ones.

I don't think a list of file types is really necessary, nonetheless the files that end up there are usually:

• config or log files (json, ini, txt) from the different mods that generate said config files after the first launch/play session.
  • model and collision files (nif and tri) from Bodyslide.
  • behavior files (hkx) from using FNIS.
  • some cache folders from running stuff like SSE Edit or zEdit.

All of that has to go out of Overwrite, the recommended procedure is mentioned in the different steps for the mods/tools that usually generate said file types. If there are more then the user will have to identify its source and move them wherever they seem fit.

I'll try to be as descriptive as possible, 

I followed the tutorial all the way down to the testing part. Selected the SSE in the mod organizer and clicked run, it didn't do anything so a few mintues later I clicked it again.  It launched the game, created a character went to a town tested animations everything worked. Closed the game, moved the overwrite files to the newly made overwrite file folder as per the tutorial.  

Remembered I wanted to install "daughters of coldharbour" found here 

installed it by downloading both the files to my working folder and using the install mod button and the little trick to get the green everything's good. Wanted to make sure it worked correctly before continuing on with the tutorial. Tried to run skyrim same as before and it just does nothing. It will grey everything out and lock the manager like it's going to start but then does nothing. I tried to untick those two mods, still won't launch skyrim. 

I noticed I had a alert in the exclamation box in the top right corner,  check it it tells me the papyrus mod wasn't up to date, so I downloaded that update, installed that mod and deleted the previous version.  Alert went away but still, mod organizer won't launch skyrim. 

I'm not apposed to just deleting everything and starting the tutorial back over, I just don't know how to do that either. Thanks for any help in advance.

*edit* I forgot to mention, after "installing" the mods I ran loot, and the mod organizer in the middle right hand side of mod organizer.. idk why other than I thought I was supposed to every time I installed a new mod after running skyrim... I'm new.