(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

22 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Never seen blue conflict  flags, what's that?

ah sorry, should have been more specific. when you click on a mod to highlight the mod in the left pane, you'll see any other mod impacted by that mod also highlighted (the entire line, not the flag). sometimes the lines are green, sometimes red and sometimes blue. that's what i was referring to.

and just so i understand. if you don't want a mod overwritten by another, that mod as to be "after" in the left pane / loot, correct ? (yeah i know dumb question, but asking to be safe just in case lol)

and reading your lastest post about the hidden console, why is that needed ? not sure i understand the reasons why, although i am able to follow the instructions easily enough, but understanding the why may help answer other questions as well.

27 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

and just so i understand. if you don't want a mod overwritten by another, that mod as to be "after" in the left pane / loot, correct ? (yeah i know dumb question, but asking to be safe just in case lol)

Yes, the lower a mod is in the left panel, the higher its priority will be. So a mod near the bottom of the left panel with a lot of conflicts will surely win these conflicts, overwriting other mods without being overwritten.

29 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

and reading your lastest post about the hidden console, why is that needed ? not sure i understand the reasons why

As I said, that file will conflict (unnecessarily) with other mods that use the same file (to modify the in game console functions/appearance). That file isn't used by Sexlab at all, it seems like it was a leftover of Ashal testings that was packed into the beta release. You can always place the conflicting mods after Sexlab in the left panel, but the difference here is that users can avoid this entirely with a couple of clicks (and most likely in newer releases Sexlab won't come with this file unless it's needed). 

On 1/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

You can remove this mod once you've explored the available LL mods and have chosen a different mod to trigger Sexlab scenes and events.

there are other mods to trigger scenes other than matchmaker ? such as ? i thought sexlab did the triggering itself, so i didn't realize that matchmaker was the trigger and not sexlab. do any of the Devious mods also act as triggers ?

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

there are other mods to trigger scenes other than matchmaker ? such as ?

Of course, there are several mods to do so. Now, to clarify: basically Sexlab is just a framework (hence the name) that allows other mods to hook into and start a scene using any of the available animations (installed + registered with the aid of SLAL). To start a scene there are spells (like matchmaker), dialogues (Follow me for sex, Sexlab Romance), events (on combat defeat, when characters are in X place, or when they reach X amount of arousal, etc.)... Sexlab doesn't has any of that (only a couple of debug spells and an animation editor which are not intended for normal gameplay). There are plenty of mods to start scenes. Listing them here would be repeat what you can find in the SSE Conversion tracking and Sexlab Index SE threads.

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

do any of the Devious mods also act as triggers ?

Yeah, Cursed Loot has some events and dialogues to start animations, other mods do too. But I don't use these too much so I don't think I'll be able to list them all. You should know this from the different mod descriptions.

19 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Of course, there are several mods to do so. Now, to clarify: basically Sexlab is just a framework (hence the name) that allows other mods to hook into and start a scene using any of the available animations (installed + registered with the aid of SLAL). To start a scene there are spells (like matchmaker), dialogues (Follow me for sex, Sexlab Romance), events (on combat defeat, when characters are in X place, or when they reach X amount of arousal, etc.)... Sexlab doesn't has any of that (only a couple of debug spells and an animation editor which are not intended for normal gameplay). There are plenty of mods to start scenes. Listing them here would be repeat what you can find in the SSE Conversion tracking and Sexlab Index SE threads.

Yeah, Cursed Loot has some events and dialogues to start animations, other mods do too. But I don't use these too much so I don't think I'll be able to list them all. You should know this from the different mod descriptions.

thanks, i think i get this, but to be safe, when the time comes for my full wipe/restart in a few days from now, i'll ask to make sure i do understand fully, by listing the mods i think act as triggers. :)

heh, you had to see this coming ?

ok, since you brought it up about Papyrus Utilities, and realizing that when you imply devious devices and many other devious / sexlab mods that most people play, how low can this mod be placed, when all those other mods need this to run properly ? i have it placed with Papyrus Extender right in my restart list, but i guess that would be wrong ?

57 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, since you brought it up about Papyrus Utilities, and realizing that when you imply devious devices and many other devious / sexlab mods that most people play, how low can this mod be placed, when all those other mods need this to run properly ? i have it placed with Papyrus Extender right in my restart list, but i guess that would be wrong ?

You can either use the one from Sexlab and place SL really low in the left panel (like I suggest in step 11.2). Or keep the standalone PU and place it even lower in the left panel. You want to keep the latest PU version without other mods overwriting it. It doesn't matter if other mods that require PU are placed before the standalone or the one included in SL, that's something to consider in a loadorder (and PU doesn't appear in the loadorder).

On 1/9/2020 at 3:29 PM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:
  • Right click on ModOrganizer.exe and select "Properties".
  • Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
  • Enable "Run as admin".
  • Press Apply/Ok.

In the section about MO2, you said to do the above, and from what i gathered it shouldn't be asking me every time for admin permission to make changes. 

Problem is every time i download something it asks me if I authorize this to happen. It's getting annoying especially following along. So far i am at 5.1 and continuing. 

Is there any way to get my comp to NOT make that annoying popup whenever i want to download a mod?

8 hours ago, Nazakoo said:

Is there any way to get my comp to NOT make that annoying popup whenever i want to download a mod?

Is it a Windows message or your web browser asking for permissions with each download?

If it's Windows, did you install Steam/MO inside Program Files?

Even if your Steam/MO aren't inside Program Files and it's Windows who asks for permissions, you can follow the instructions to disable the Windows UAC (link here, also mentioned in step 1) and see if the permission prompts stop.

Hello first of all i want to thank you for the absolutely incredible guide you made! I did follow your instructions to the letter up to the point of the first trying out but it seems i get a CTD right away after launching... After some testing i did track it down to Racemenu being the problem...Once i disable all the mods and only keep the necessary ones if i enable race menu it crashes and when i disable it, it launches... Do you happen to have any idea why?? The MO log just points to papyrus being outdated.

4 hours ago, BaB1S said:

but it seems i get a CTD right away after launching... After some testing i did track it down to Racemenu being the problem...Once i disable all the mods and only keep the necessary ones if i enable race menu it crashes and when i disable it, it launches... Do you happen to have any idea why?? The MO log just points to papyrus being outdated.

Are you in the latest game/SKSE version? if so, Racemenu shouldn't be a problem since the main file in the downloads is compatible with the latest SKSE release.

Can you copy&paste or post a screenshot of the exact MO message about papyrus being outdated? Papyrus alone is the scripting language of the game, so it's imposible to have an outdated version. It might be referring to the Papyrus Extender (which was updated recently and I'm reading some comments reporting a similar issue... I'll be checking this to see if it's related).

Edit: just went in my testing profile with the complete modlist from step 5. Latest version of everything=no issues. Check that you're on the latest version of the mentioned mods and the game+SKSE too. But let me know if MO is still giving you that message about some papyrus being outdated.

1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Are you in the latest game/SKSE version? if so, Racemenu shouldn't be a problem since the main file in the downloads is compatible with the latest SKSE release.

Can you copy&paste or post a screenshot of the exact MO message about papyrus being outdated? Papyrus alone is the scripting language of the game, so it's imposible to have an outdated version. It might be referring to the Papyrus Extender (which was updated recently and I'm reading some comments reporting a similar issue... I'll be checking this to see if it's related).

Edit: just went in my testing profile with the complete modlist from step 5. Latest version of everything=no issues. Check that you're on the latest version of the mentioned mods and the game+SKSE too. But let me know if MO is still giving you that message about some papyrus being outdated.

Here are some screenshots and you're right it was about the papyrus extender. I did check again and again about the correct versions and they seem right...Also without racemenu active the errors don't stop the game from launching ((never tried starting a game without mods because of the long tutorial)) And the overwrite folder warning came after trying to clean up the esm's following the guide just in case it works that way.

Here's the papyrus extender full error: 

• powerofthree's Papyrus Extender version 3 (po3_PapyrusExtender.dll, powerofthree's Papyrus Extender for SSE) reported as incompatible during load.

Spoiler

1.jpg.a29c9333c85b791f78f5235945be6ab1.jpgScreenshot_1.jpg.96b42521ca33039f120c264ced8e5b6a.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg.0e79d858343a356edce1d61c99cd09e8.jpgScreenshot_3.jpg.7134fe4c89d99692eab1c062a93da8ff.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg.8e18e0da238822b07ab8b587d230c7ba.jpgScreenshot_5.jpg.bca5d4777d8530f08a3f29a34ef006d9.jpg

A lot to unpack here.

1. So you're on the latest SE version (1.5.97) with SKSE 2.0.17, right?
  2. These folders in Overwrite are safe to delete (in step 11 there are instructions to make a new mod to store this kind of stuff, these folders in particular will be created whenever you use SSE Edit, but nothing bad will happen if you delete them for now).
  3. The form 43 warning can be disabled, instructions are in step 3.3. I see no reason to keep that warning enabled.
  4. The incompatible plugins are likely the culprit here. Thing is if you're on latest game/SKSE version this shouldn't be a problem, the versions MO is showing as installed are the correct ones.
    1. Remove Racemenu, MFG Fix and Papyrus Extender.
    2. Launch the game and see if you can reach the main menu.
    3. Don't start a new game nor load a save, just get to the main menu and exit the game.
    4. Back in MO, reinstall Racemenu, MFG Fix and Papyrus Extender.
    5. Launch the game again (as usual with SKSE as your selected executable then pressing then "Run" button).
    6. You should reach the main menu and be able to continue with the in game test. MO shouldn't give any incompatible plugins warnings.

Removing these mods, launching the game once, then installing them again should get rid of the warnings, as long as you reinstall the latest versions of these mods. Additionally, you could try installing the visual c++ redist from 2015/2017/2019 as they're a requirement for Papyrus Extender (you should get the "vc_redist.x64.exe" file from this link). I tend to forget about these as I have nearly every of these redist. installed already, but you might need to install that so Papyrus Extender works as intended (although that doesn't explain the incompatible plugins MO is reporting). 

31 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

A lot to unpack here.

1. So you're on the latest SE version (1.5.97) with SKSE 2.0.17, right?
  2. These folders in Overwrite are safe to delete (in step 11 there are instructions to make a new mod to store this kind of stuff, these folders in particular will be created whenever you use SSE Edit, but nothing bad will happen if you delete them for now).
  3. The form 43 warning can be disabled, instructions are in step 3.3. I see no reason to keep that warning enabled.
  4. The incompatible plugins are likely the culprit here. Thing is if you're on latest game/SKSE version this shouldn't be a problem, the versions MO is showing as installed are the correct ones.
    1. Remove Racemenu, MFG Fix and Papyrus Extender.
    2. Launch the game and see if you can reach the main menu.
    3. Don't start a new game nor load a save, just get to the main menu and exit the game.
    4. Back in MO, reinstall Racemenu, MFG Fix and Papyrus Extender.
    5. Launch the game again (as usual with SKSE as your selected executable then pressing then "Run" button).
    6. You should reach the main menu and be able to continue with the in game test. MO shouldn't give any incompatible plugins warnings.

Removing these mods, launching the game once, then installing them again should get rid of the warnings, as long as you reinstall the latest versions of these mods. Additionally, you could try installing the visual c++ redist from 2015/2017/2019 as they're a requirement for Papyrus Extender (you should get the "vc_redist.x64.exe" file from this link). I tend to forget about these as I have nearly every of these redist. installed already, but you might need to install that so Papyrus Extender works as intended (although that doesn't explain the incompatible plugins MO is reporting). 

I am in the latest version from what i can tell (Screenshots Attached) After removing papyrus,mfg and race menu game launches fine. Once i reinstall it,it crashes on launch yet again. It's not the first time i'm modding skyrim or fallout but decided to get back into it and i really can't figure out what's wrong this time. I'm gonna try a clean reinstall from the beginning i think. Vcredist was already on my system but to be sure i had already tried reinstalling it just in case.

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.jpg.a10bc72d46f2c779ec67e51cf00ad9f1.jpgScreenshot_7.jpg.07539a02af535daacbb68cdac17f7b58.jpg

29 minutes ago, BaB1S said:

I am in the latest version from what i can tell (Screenshots Attached) After removing papyrus,mfg and race menu game launches fine. Once i reinstall it,it crashes on launch yet again.

I see. Can you tell exactly which mod makes your game crash? (was it Racemenu or is a different one, more than one?). And is MO giving the incompatible plugin warnings again? I can't think of any reason for this to happen really, I just checked on a new game with latest version of everything mentioned above and I see no issue on my side. I would check if the install paths are correct in these mods just to be sure, but again this doesn't explain the incompatible warnings if you're using the proper files... If you can isolate the mod that causes a crash when it's enabled I could make some more tests (if it still is Racemenu I seriously can't think of any reason for this... other than the chance of a mod conflict if you've installed other mods not covered in the guide).

8 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I see. Can you tell exactly which mod makes your game crash? (was it Racemenu or is a different one, more than one?). And is MO giving the incompatible plugin warnings again? I can't think of any reason for this to happen really, I just checked on a new game with latest version of everything mentioned above and I see no issue on my side. I would check if the install paths are correct in these mods just to be sure, but again this doesn't explain the incompatible warnings if you're using the proper files... If you can isolate the mod that causes a crash when it's enabled I could make some more tests (if it still is Racemenu I seriously can't think of any reason for this... other than the chance of a mod conflict if you've installed other mods not covered in the guide).

I've tested by enabling the mods one by one...It's race menu that causes the ctd on launch... I haven't tried actually getting into a game without it on since some mods are dependent on it on the list but i can reach the menu without it on. No other mods are installed i was following the guide step by step to save myself the troubleshooting ((Oh the irony)) and skyrim was a fresh download coming back after a few years gone from it. I think i'll just redownload the game from the start and try each step again and see what happens.

5 minutes ago, BaB1S said:

I think i'll just redownload the game from the start and try each step again and see what happens.

Not sure if that will make any difference. What do you see if you double click in Racemenu on the left panel and go to the Filetree tab? This is how it looks mine

232110o.png.7bdf122f0e69d1409a12dfd658ee409b.png

I know the version in your left panel is shown in red because the version scheme for RM is wrong in the Nexus (latest version reported is 0.4.11, but latest version release is actually the 0.4.12 you seem to have installed, but the red triangle shouldn't be there IMO).

21 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Not sure if that will make any difference. What do you see if you double click in Racemenu on the left panel and go to the Filetree tab? This is how it looks mine

232110o.png.7bdf122f0e69d1409a12dfd658ee409b.png

I know the version in your left panel is shown in red because the version scheme for RM is wrong in the Nexus (latest version reported is 0.4.11, but latest version release is actually the 0.4.12 you seem to have installed, but the red triangle shouldn't be there IMO).

It looks the same but what's strange for me is the huge size difference in the .ini file (If you consider it's text) Screenshot below

Spoiler

Screenshot_2.jpg.bcb68000c242f204b560a1c343a450b1.jpg

Different languages perhaps. You can always check by dobule clicking over the meta.ini, but that just contains the install info (like version installed, nexus url, etc.). I seriously don't know what's going on in your case.

I assume you sorted your loadorder after reinstalling Racemenu, as it comes with a couple of esp files. You could load your entire loadorder in SSE Edit. You can do it using the SSE Edit executable added to MO in step 9, keep all your mods enabled and press OK, then wait. If there is any issue in the loadorder SSE Edit will warn you.

BTW, does the other warnings about incompatible plugins appeared again in MO?

19 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Different languages perhaps. You can always check by dobule clicking over the meta.ini, but that just contains the install info (like version installed, nexus url, etc.). I seriously don't know what's going on in your case.

I assume you sorted your loadorder after reinstalling Racemenu, as it comes with a couple of esp files. You could load your entire loadorder in SSE Edit. You can do it using the SSE Edit executable added to MO in step 9, keep all your mods enabled and press OK, then wait. If there is any issue in the loadorder SSE Edit will warn you.

BTW, does the other warnings about incompatible plugins appeared again in MO?

Skyrim is in English but i saw a huge description of the mod in the ini file so that could be why it's that big.... I did run loot after reinstalling racemenu and sse edit didn't show anything in red ((Don't know how to work that one yet))... The same warnings appeared again

1 minute ago, BaB1S said:

The same warnings appeared again

I'm out of ideas. That shouldn't be the case if SKSE is installed properly (might be worth checking the SKSE steps). If you're 100% sure SKSE is properly installed, disable (not remove, just disable) all the mods below SkyUI in the left panel (you can enable Alternate Start tho). Then sort your loadorder and try to start a new game, check if there is any warning about SKSE or other messages in the way.

1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I'm out of ideas. That shouldn't be the case if SKSE is installed properly (might be worth checking the SKSE steps). If you're 100% sure SKSE is properly installed, disable (not remove, just disable) all the mods below SkyUI in the left panel (you can enable Alternate Start tho). Then sort your loadorder and try to start a new game, check if there is any warning about SKSE or other messages in the way.

I did check my skse install twice following your guide but if i do a clean install i'll do it the old school way and just replace the files before starting over just to see if that helps.... And i will try starting a new game too yeah...if those don't work i'll just redownload the game completely and go for a fresh start again and see what happens.

1 hour ago, BaB1S said:

if i do a clean install i'll do it the old school way and just replace the files before starting over just to see if that helps

How would it be the old school way? Placing all the SKSE files directly in your game folder instead of adding the scripts files through MO? That won't make any difference. If the folder structure in the Scripts mod is right, SKSE will work as intended.

I can't reproduce the issue using the same versions and files you seem to have, nor can I find any comments or bug reports from other users having your issue. So not sure what to do here (I don't even think starting again will do much, unless you change something in the process, possibly fixing an issue we overlooked here). 

11 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

How would it be the old school way? Placing all the SKSE files directly in your game folder instead of adding the scripts files through MO? That won't make any difference. If the folder structure in the Scripts mod is right, SKSE will work as intended.

I can't reproduce the issue using the same versions and files you seem to have, nor can I find any comments or bug reports from other users having your issue. So not sure what to do here (I don't even think starting again will do much, unless you change something in the process, possibly fixing an issue we overlooked here). 

Yes that was the old school method i was reffering too... So after a clean reinstall a lot of fury and cursing i found my problem... As always it was user created (Insert idiot me there)... Since it's not my first modding of skyrim as mentioned there were some leftovers i had to switch paths to... Long story short even though i did choose the correct path for the skse.exe i didn't choose the correct path for it to start...It was left in the previous path the game was years ago...Choosing the correct path fixed everything...Everything runs smooth now with all mods on your guide up to the testing step loaded... Again thank you for this great guide and i'm sorry for the hassle!! Hopefully this will help someone else at some point!

6 hours ago, Nazakoo said:

Ok so i got to step 10

when i ran the game though SKSE it made a overwrite file and in the top left corner

In step 11 there are instructions about how to keep the Overwrite empty.

• Couldn't load SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll (SOS). A DLL is invalid (code 193)."

This is weird, the latest SOS (1.1.4) is compatible with SKSE 2.0.17. Is this error preventing you from starting the game? (through SKSE in MO, as usual). It should be working fine, and it shouldn't be giving any warnings. Make sure you installed the "Schlongs_of_Skyrim_SE - v1.1.4.rar" file, the other ones is for VR and is not made for Skyrim SE. If you're sure it's the right version installed, try starting the game again. I've seen (in very rare cases) that MO complains about incompatible plugins when it shouldn't, everything works fine and the warnings are gone the next time you launch the game).

I was getting pretty much everything i did stuffed in "Overwrite" at the bottom. Everything included BodySlider, SSEEdit auto, SKSE, and so on. one thing that is also off from what i saw you do is my BodySlide output has a red boxed with a black X in it. 

This shouldn't be the case, if you did the optional step for Bodyslide (as you say you made your BS Output), the files should be in the BS Output and not in Overwrite. The SKSE folder must be the ini file for some mods (like Fuz Ro Doh), check step 11 to see what to do with it and similar files. The SSE Edit folder must be cache/backup files from the cleaning. These SSE Edit folders can be placed with other generated files following step 11, or can be safely deleted.

The X in your BS Output will be there until some files go inside, until then MO is telling you that mod has no valid data (in this case=empty).