CTD after removing AAF vanilla fudge

xyzxyz

Hi,

I can't remove or deactivated the mod  AAF vanilla fudge from my game. When i try to save or load a new area after removing the mod in a save I always get a CTD. What can I do? Is that a problem with the mod? Is there something like a save cleaner to get rid of all parts of the mod?

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

Hi,

I can't remove or deactivated the mod  AAF vanilla fudge from my game. When i try to save or load a new area after removing the mod in a save I always get a CTD. What can I do? Is that a problem with the mod? Is there something like a save cleaner to get rid of all parts of the mod?

@anghelos92

Can you help this guy out?

:exclamation:

6 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

like any other mod?

Mods involving something more complicated than a bunch of assets (like a weapon or an armor) can't be removed without reloading the save you made before installing the mod, or starting a new game, or trying to clean the save and cross your fingers. It's quite a russian roulette.

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

Mods involving something more complicated than a bunch of assets (like a weapon or an armor) can't be removed without reloading the save you made before installing the mod, or starting a new game, or trying to clean the save and cross your fingers. It's quite a russian roulette.

I know that. The problem is that I can't make a save to clean because it crashes befor I can make a new save. And cleaning while the mod is active is not possible.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

I know that. The problem is tht I can't make a save to cean because it crashes befor I can make a new save. And cleaning while the mod is active is not possible.

It's actually better to clean a save that was made with the mod still active.  This way all the forms from the mod that you want to remove will be identified and much easier to find.  You can't just clean all unattached form instances in Fallout 4; unattached instances are a normal part of the savegame and you will wreck your save if you delete them indiscriminately.

Here is an example of how to clean a mod from a save.  You don't need to remove anything else from the save:

First, select the mod from the filter dropdown (the second one).  I am using AAF Sex Em Up as an example.  Expand all the categories and select everything, like this:

image.png.59b926203d3db5687b268ee1d2eedc96.png

Then right-click one of the highlighted and select delete.  It will ask if you want to delete all those forms, so answer yes.  Then save the file.  After that, deactivate the mod with your mod manager, launch FO4, and load the save.  It should behave as if the mod was never installed.

And of course, before you do all this, make sure to create a backup of your save.

Archived