What is everyone's immersion breaking limit In Fallout or skyrim.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, RohZima said:

So what do you think people are talking about when they say "immersion?" Is it just an arbitrary convention to the games lore or medieval-ism generally? What word should they use? If a new version of lord of the rings came out and in a battle scene someone suddenly drove a ferrari to the battlefield and hopped out and got in a challenger 2 tank and started blasting the sorcerers what would you describe it as? Or would you not notice anything strange?

The mod that adds Arnold's Terminator to Skyrim with a bunch of "dwemer weapons" aka Guns

On 12/19/2019 at 12:48 PM, calranthe said:

*snip*

You say large breast, and I respect that. I on the other side like that, as long as they have some semi realistic basis. Means large boobs require a robust frame(not sloppy fat), starting with wide hips, thicc thighs.... no balloons on fragile bodies. I have the theory that Skyrim is far in the future of fallout since Nirnroot exist in FO4 and radiation works partially magical... So maybe evolution made it possible...

But back to topic. what breaks my immersion.... textures that do no fit into the environment. Something is flawlessly ... red, no dirt or wear an tear, weathering...

Or bad quests that do not give you the option to choose or talk otherwise as the quest allows you, while any normal human being would at least argue at this point.

In Skyrim this would be the Thief Guild quest line, at the point of where they tell you like

"hey btw you gonna have to sell your soul to someone"

You: "Hey btw, how about you go fuck yourself?" (Sadly not included in the game)

Or in Fallout when you enter the Institute and you can not argue with "Father" about the shit their Organisation has done and responsibility for damage compensation,... no everyone doesn`t give a single fuck what happened before you arrived there... . Every dialoge about this issue before emotional loaded and the story is carried this way but suddenly the tone gets rational... ehm sorry no...

Or in the Nuka Cola DLC the fight against the former Overboss where you have to use a squirt gun. And you have weapons that could easily deal with the guy but no magic say you need to use the squirt gun.

I have a 20x110mm Hispano gun with nuclear material reinforced ammo and the dude over the mic tells me that I can`t kill a dude in a tin suit...

And continuing that... no one in the Nuka Cola DLC could convince me of keeping the raiders alive(even the Operators).

I would even try:"Hey Operators, we can work together but you need to chance you attitude otherwise I am forced to fuck you up"

I admit that I m sensitive to bad story writing, this is one of the reason why I think the newer Star Wars movies are shitty movies. Visually they are nice, no complaints about that.

On occasion, I take issue with how often voice actors are re-used.

Take for example: Ysolda and Julienne Lylvieve (the young Dragon Bridge girl)

They both are;

-young (ok, so what?)

-female (ok, so what?)

-being taught the inn-trade by an experienced woman that they are not related to by blood (ok, a bit weird, but I made that sound more specific than it needed to be)

-use the same voice (CONVINCE ME THEY'RE NOT THE SAME CHARACTER)

(ok fine, Ysolda is closer to Batman than Julienne is, I don't care)

It's not all bad. It saves Bethesda money, and is the sole reason Amorous Adventures exists (which exacerbates the afore-mentioned issue by giving characters that have the same voice actor THE SAME UNIQUE DIALOGUE)

• 1 year later...

Anything made of rubber . . .

Blue jeans . . .

Guns . . .

And steel . . .

While steel was available in more primitive societies, it was expensive and hard to come by

The quantities of it in Skyrim is ridiculous for the technology levels

And has anyone yet see one coke fired forge in Skyrim?

3 minutes ago, judge007 said:

Anything made of rubber . . .

Blue jeans . . .

Guns . . .

And steel . . .

While steel was available in more primitive societies, it was expensive and hard to come by

The quantities of it in Skyrim is ridiculous for the technology levels

And has anyone yet see one coke fired forge in Skyrim?

Not only is there magic in Tamriel, much of its societies are at least partly dependent upon the technology from the lost Dwemer civilization.  Elven races have their own unique processes for working their magical minerals which may or may not be metals and/or sometimes glass.

The Elder Scrolls series is closer to Fallout than many people seem to think (well, if Fallout took place in between Divine and Demonic planes of existence. There is no telling just what their level of technology really is. 

It is not Kingdom Come: Deliverance with magic or Lord of the Rings with robots.