Enhanced Character Edit plus CharacterMakingExtender

Seren

Haven't installed it yet but version 1.0a is out and even though I might not be the best for this task, I'll do a quick translation of the patch notes for those interested.

[spoiler=Version 1.0a English Patch Notes]

• Change in the install method. Please, read how to install. The package has been integrated and the folder structure changed. Fomod and BAINwizard are now supported.

• CME4.0c is supported.

Previous CME content update

• Optional fix for 1.9 Beta, fixes the error were the game will fail to load a savegame. After investigating, the character data was stored in an incorrect adress.

• When loading, the process is now reflected in the log.

• The character's height being 4% higher has been corrected.

The calculations for the Size slider has been changed.

I'm sorry, but existent characters will shrink a 4% (about 7cm)  so be advised.

• Added option to make the movement of the sliders more precise. It works the same as when extending the limits of the sliders, in the Meshes\CHaracterMakingExtender\ folder create a .ini file and there type "SliderStep=(whole number)" and the number of steps will be multiplied by that number.Since if anything different from a whole number is written the slider can't reach 0 and error might occur, whole numbers must be used.

Introduced the option "More sliderMax and Step x2" it will make sliders twice as precise.

• The height slider is also subject of the global size change.

• Change in the way of applying faces to NPCs

The size of the head and neck length have been separated from the rest. This two things can be selected in the CK. For this reason, it's no longer needed to create data for NPC that doesn't change the size of the head and neck length. If you don't wish to change any of those things the process remains the same as before.

•  ​Behavior changed when making changes to a slider at the beginning from a vanilla preset or default status.

Until now  Vanilla faces changed when moving the first slider, this has now been fixed to change when read. The surprise of seeing it collapse the moment you touch something is gone. It will collapse from the beginning though.

• The response for Vanilla preset loading has been improved.

• The bug were the face was temporary buried when making changes to facial hair or eyebrows while using showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller has been fixed. (NOTE  here buried could also mean filled, overflowed or surrounded, haven't seen this bug so I don't know what is he talking about)

The bug were the character's hair will change upon using showRaceMenu when more hairtsyles had been added is fixed.

Error message fixed

• Error messages have been moved to the esp being stored there from being directly written to the UI and scripts, for this reason they can now be localized with SSL.

Ok, that was more than I though. There might be errors and since I haven't experienced some of the bugs myself  I wasn't quite sure of how to translate some parts, but it should be accurate enough.

is there any way to make this work with "the skeleton of female models"?
I am currently using the UNP skeleton that comes with the character makign extender, but somehow my char always have a bigger butt und bigger boobs than normal unp - dont like that :(

is there any way to make this work with "the skeleton of female models"?

I am currently using the UNP skeleton that comes with the character makign extender, but somehow my char always have a bigger butt und bigger boobs than normal unp - dont like that :(

You should be able to just drop the skeleton_female.nif from that in and overwrite the unpb skeleton. There's also options to change the breast and butt size in ece.. sure you didn't enlarge them there?

For Breast and Buttslider you need a skeleton with Breast and Butt bones for short you need at least a BBP skeleton or a TBBP skeleton that have that bones.

If you want "Perfect 3-2" proportion, too, you need a skeleton that has been modified to have that weight proportion.

Examples:

XPMS by xp32: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800

Custom Skeleton Replacers by Skulltyrant: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16712 (one skeleton that supports the stuff you want)

"the skeleton of female models" itself supports BBP and should have the necessary bones to support ECE sliders (not sure if all its pretty old)

Some skeletons are more adapted for different bodies to reduce misplacement or what ever, but normally skeletons only differ in the features.

For Breast and Buttslider you need a skeleton with Breast and Butt bones for short you need at least a BBP skeleton or a TBBP skeleton that have that bones.

If you want "Perfect 3-2" proportion, too, you need a skeleton that has been modified to have that weight proportion.

Examples:

XPMS by xp32: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800

Custom Skeleton Replacers by Skulltyrant: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16712 (one skeleton that supports the stuff you want)

"the skeleton of female models" itself supports BBP and should have the necessary bones to support ECE sliders (not sure if all its pretty old)

Some skeletons are more adapted for different bodies to reduce misplacement or what ever, but normally skeletons only differ in the features.

took an unp perfect 3-2 skeleton of your link - no changes :-(

can you tell me which one to download? (there are over 100 o.O)

I realized there are soooo many options of which most if them I dont understand at all ...

Ehm other thing I forget about breast and butt sliders you need a body replacer which supports breast and buttbones (BBP/TBBP)

From Authors page translated through google

Mesh is required and the size of the breast skeleton of BBP.

Mesh is required and the size of the skeleton of TBBP ass.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11468-bodyslide-unp-v035-21-sliders/

with stuffed_bunny's Bodyslider for UNP you can produce a standard UNP body with TBBP and can replace your non BBP body mesh. Use XPMS as skeletons it's provided with the ECE and it should work.

Sorry I forgot, it was pretty late when I wrote my stuff totally forget about the meshes....

Any ideas how to solve this problem? These started when skyrim force updated to 1.9 (which forced me to downgrade it to 1.8.151 and use unorthodox anti-market methods.. Anyways)

CharacterMakingExtender.esp
Illegal 'GameValue' Conflict with other mod?

Which mod this conflicts with!? I don't have racemenu anymore and whatnot. Help welcome. This mod used to work and all additionals sliders were awesome.

• 1 month later...

Someone was able to make the butt slider work? I already try everything and nothing...

I try to edit the skeleton in nifscope, and i notice that character extender lock the skeleton for me, whatever skeleton i use, is always the same, but the npc have the skeleton that i choose, only my character don´t.

Cant get the BBP to work with the XPMS skeleton from ECE, tried to edit my TBBP skeleton with informations from ECE download page on website with no luck either....

Anyone with better knowledge of Nifskope could make a BBP or TBBP skeleton that is compatible with ECE maybe? And maybe could share it with tktk so he could provide that as extra download or put it in his next ECE version?

I manage to make butt slider work with a TBBP body from bodyslide++.

But the skeleton is still strange, i cannot change it, all npc´s have changed skeleton, but mine don´t change, is not ECE, is the character making extender, when i disable it, the skeleton shows.

If you have a body slide TBBP body you will have the butt and boobs sliders working, with a BBP body only boobs sliders but if you dont use the skeleton from ECE you wont have the waist and neck sliders working.

I managed to have TBBP working with ECE skeleton (xp32 dagger on back) with CBBE but not with UNPB, would be great to have Ashen and Ningheim races working with ECE also.

Regarding the problem with ECE making your character's butt oversized when using UNPB:

I've been struggling with this issue for a week now. Two rudimentary solutions I've come up with include:

1) Install UNPB 2.2 without BBP

--> ECE will not affect your character's body proportions, but you wont have breast physics.

2) Install Vanilla Skeleton for BBP from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13272.

--> For some reason this is the only one out of 30 skeletons I've tried that fixes the oversized butts. The body will still have somewhat different proportions than UNPB, and personally I think UNPB has it perfect, so this solution is highly imperfect.

Anyone who can come up with a solution that doesn't fuck up the UNPB body is my new god.

Regarding the problem with ECE making your character's butt oversized when using UNPB:

I've been struggling with this issue for a week now. Two rudimentary solutions I've come up with include:

1) Install UNPB 2.2 without BBP

--> ECE will not affect your character's body proportions, but you wont have breast physics.

2) Install Vanilla Skeleton for BBP from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13272.

--> For some reason this is the only one out of 30 skeletons I've tried that fixes the oversized butts. The body will still have somewhat different proportions than UNPB, and personally I think UNPB has it perfect, so this solution is highly imperfect.

Anyone who can come up with a solution that doesn't fuck up the UNPB body is my new god.

Maybe try to use ECE skeleton and use bodyslide UNP to change the hips size ? Didnt tried myself just a suggestion.

If use bodyslide to fix the hip, all armors have to be fixed too... and there is not much armor for bodyslideUNP...

I use CBBE, the skeleton that change less proportions for me was the CHSBHC-BBP.

I don´t think there should be a update to fix this scale problem, but just a version os CME that don´t change the body, maybe that should work, i alredy search all data folder to see if the character use a different skeleton but nothing, don´t know how CME do, this is not a ECE problem.

this is not a ECE problem.

Disabling CME and just using ECE and the same problem persists.

Still looking for a viable fix. For now me and all the other struggling with the same problem have to play without ECE, which sucks, since the Vanilla face generation system sucks balls...

Archived