Enhanced Character Edit plus CharacterMakingExtender

Seren

So can anyone clarify, is it safe to use the new ECE/CME with the Race Menu mod or will it cause CTD's? Or would it be safer to wait for an update on the Nexus for it?

They just don't work together.  CME specifically edits the vanilla character creation UI to add its new sliders, so RaceMenu won't have them.  If you have both mods enabled, RaceMenu's UI will always load and you simply can't use the new sliders.

Both mod authors will need to work together to make the two compatible.

So can anyone clarify, is it safe to use the new ECE/CME with the Race Menu mod or will it cause CTD's? Or would it be safer to wait for an update on the Nexus for it?

They just don't work together.  CME specifically edits the vanilla character creation UI to add its new sliders, so RaceMenu won't have them.  If you have both mods enabled, RaceMenu's UI will always load and you simply can't use the new sliders.

Both mod authors will need to work together to make the two compatible.

Got'cha, thanks for the info

They've updated to 0.9f.

It adds a height slider (works the same as Race Menu's), neck height slider, face height slider (brow length), legs height slider, hands size slider. It probably requires one of the optional skeletons in the pack (use the version you have installed, xpms if you already had xpms, cherry hotaling's if you used that one, vanilla if you have no bbp).

Modifies something about the mouths, very minuscule.

Still not compatible with Race Menu.

Still no male (and don't expect it to be for males).

I keep getting a companionhousecarl and playervampirequest script error in-game, also has anyone tried making this work with orcs because I keep getting a cache tri error with character making extender.

You need to use the this racial compatibility instead of the others: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24898

That means any custom race you might have has to be adapted to it too. You also have to delete the scripts the error noted from your Data/Scripts folder. This last racial compatibility avoids overwriting them, so it needs the vanilla ones.

You could just open the corresponding tris in Blender and remove the VampireMorph shapekey, then save it again.

Also, CME 3.8 is on beta testing. From what I could understand from the readme, males are coming, along with shoulders, breasts, butt, and even bow and arrows slider.

If your character is a vampire, you'll have to either load another save with a working character then load that other save, or coc qasmoke, showracemenu a race in vanillaraces.ini and then load your save.

If it isn't, you most likely are using a custom race which used to be in the vanillaraces.ini and now it isn't after an update. Add it yourself.

If all that fails, I have no clue.

Also, 0.9g out, males supported now.

To those of you that already had been using previous versions of ECE, did this update keep your character's face as it was? I am only interested in updating in order to remove the Ygnord and the RaceCompatibility, so if it doesn't retain the face then I will probably just stick with 0.85 for now.

What's this "xp skelleton" stuff that everyones talks about? Can someone please explain it to me?

You use it if you have a BBP body which doesn't use Cherry Hotaling's node structure (most CBBE BBP and UNP BBP). If you use Cherry Hotaling's stuff, you use that skeleton. If you don't use BBP, you use the vanilla based skeleton...

To those of you that already had been using previous versions of ECE, did this update keep your character's face as it was? I am only interested in updating in order to remove the Ygnord and the RaceCompatibility, so if it doesn't retain the face then I will probably just stick with 0.85 for now.

It doesn't.

Also 0.9h released, fixes some problems with males.

This new ECE just makes my game freeze everytime i change something. It's a small freeze each time i change one thing... It's anoying so I guess i will have to look for the older version of ECE for now.

There's probably no way to minimize that, remember this is pretty much mixing a lot of morphs at the same time in memory. I prefer having half a second delay until it moves the slider instead of the poor few sliders vanilla has...

dose this work for custom race's? if so how do I make it work

You have to make sure the custom race uses the default character assets folder for .tri files, then add it to the vanillaraces.ini in meshes/charactermakingextender/

Archived