Enhanced Character Edit plus CharacterMakingExtender

Seren

0.9j released.

Some fixes regarding vampires, some fixes regarding other stuff, a CME for Skyrim 1.9 beta, etc.

0.9i released.

Finally, it has color sliders.

And it doesn't work with skyrim 1.9/skse 1.6.10... So enjoy it for the few weeks until the new patch gets released, or else keep steam in offline mode indefinitely until he recompiles his skse plugin.

I never update Skyrim until my most used mods are updated to work with it.

I'm getting a CME not compatible error when I start the game and it says it's shutting down since it's not compatible with my version of TESV.exe even though it is I even applied the files in the options and it's still giving me the same error. Anyone else getting this and are there solutions?

If not I'd like to revert back to version i but the file was taken down

I'm getting a CME not compatible error when I start the game and it says it's shutting down since it's not compatible with my version of TESV.exe even though it is I even applied the files in the options and it's still giving me the same error. Anyone else getting this and are there solutions?

If not I'd like to revert back to version i but the file was taken down

Did you install the beta version of Skyrim? CME3.9b which is inside the new ECE+CME3 0.9j is for Skyrim up to Beta1 which is 1.9.26.0 the Skyrim Beta you get now from Steam is Beta2 which is 1.9.29.0 which is incompatible with CME3.9b. Wait for a new version if it is that what your problem is.

If you got 1.8 just don't install the Beta patch of CME3...

0.9j released.

Some fixes regarding vampires, some fixes regarding other stuff, a CME for Skyrim 1.9 beta, etc.

0.9i released.

And it doesn't work with skyrim 1.9/skse 1.6.10... So enjoy it for the few weeks until the new patch gets released, or else keep steam in offline mode indefinitely until he recompiles his skse plugin.

No sense of adventure, eh? I seem to enjoy finding brokeness and trying to figure out how to fix it more than playing the game.

No sense of adventure, eh? I seem to enjoy finding brokeness and trying to figure out how to fix it more than playing the game.

Haha, me too. Version 0.9j did fix the issue I had with vampires, I had to be human to use the new sliders but now it works. Now I have the "Vampire dirty face" bug but I think it has nothing to do with CME, and was easy to fix. I will probably stay on this version for a while, heard 1,9 breaks the mfg command so I don't wanna install that either.    

About using CME to create NPCs, roy12  you mention you have to save the character to the slot 24 but when I read the instructions on Skyrimshot I couldn't find this, actually edited two NPCs without doing it, is this just to have a backup? From what I read in the FAQ section it just says the data of the last character created is stored in NoseType32, it doesn't mention the save slot. If someone makes a face, saves it to that slot but then creates another one, wouldn't be the later the one that get's stored?

Since someone can find this useful I'll leave a translation of this section of the FAQ

[spoiler=CME to NPC quick tutorial]

Q I want to transfer face data to a NPC

*Be advised that body category sliders such as height and neck length can't be transfered

1 First create the face you want to export with Showracemenu and finish the character maker. The data of the last character created in the maker will be stored in "NoseType32"

2 In the CK load "Skyrim.esm", put a name to the file and save it (ex.Lydia.esp)

3 Load CharacterMakingExtender.esp and any other Hair mod you would like to use plus the previously created esp, mark this last one as Active. (NOTE: Just wanted to add that if you want to use a hair mod for your NPC you should convert the mod to esm so it can be easily set to master, WryeBash works for this)

4 Select the actor you want to modify, go to the "Character Gen" tab and after cliking "ResetAll" select "NoseType32"

5 Edit the makeup, hairstyle.... in Chargen Parts. 

6 Select the actor, press Ctr+F4 and export. (NOTE Remember to do this in the "Actor" section of the object window, the command doesn't work on the "All" section)

7 Save now

8 In case CharacterMakingExtender is listed as master in the File>Data screen, select it and use Ctrl+del to eliminate it, load it again and save once more. Otherwise it's finished.

I'm not japanese and English isn't my first language either, so let me know If anything's wrong

About using CME to create NPCs, roy12  you mention you have to save the character to the slot 24 but when I read the instructions on Skyrimshot I couldn't find this, actually edited two NPCs without doing it, is this just to have a backup? From what I read in the FAQ section it just says the data of the last character created is stored in NoseType32, it doesn't mention the save slot. If someone makes a face, saves it to that slot but then creates another one, wouldn't be the later the one that get's stored?

Since someone can find this useful I'll leave a translation of this section of the FAQ

[spoiler=CME to NPC quick tutorial]

Q I want to transfer face data to a NPC

*Be advised that body category sliders such as height and neck length can't be transfered

1 First create the face you want to export with Showracemenu and finish the character maker. The data of the last character created in the maker will be stored in "NoseType32"

2 In the CK load "Skyrim.esm", put a name to the file and save it (ex.Lydia.esp)

3 Load CharacterMakingExtender.esp and any other Hair mod you would like to use plus the previously created esp, mark this last one as Active. (NOTE: Just wanted to add that if you want to use a hair mod for your NPC you should convert the mod to esm so it can be easily set to master, WryeBash works for this)

4 Select the actor you want to modify, go to the "Character Gen" tab and after cliking "ResetAll" select "NoseType32"

5 Edit the makeup, hairstyle.... in Chargen Parts. 

6 Select the actor, press Ctr+F4 and export. (NOTE Remember to do this in the "Actor" section of the object window, the command doesn't work on the "All" section)

7 Save now

8 In case CharacterMakingExtender is listed as master in the File>Data screen, select it and use Ctrl+del to eliminate it, load it again and save once more. Otherwise it's finished.

I'm not japanese and English isn't my first language either, so let me know If anything's wrong

Well, it used to be with the slot24 stuff. I guess that's what they changed in one of the recent versions.

I downloaded this and everythink works so far, except for the butt and the breastslider.

Requires the body to have breasts and buttcheeks weighted to the required bones.

Another thing is, that the body is not shaped like the normal unp body :-/ any ideas about that?

Different skeleton properties maybe.

0.9k is out.

Between all the fixes, it fixes an annoying message coming out if you have showracemenu precachekiller installed.

Well, it used to be with the slot24 stuff. I guess that's what they changed in one of the recent versions.

Oh, thanks for the clarification, I installed this recently so I didn't know about that. Gonna try 0.9k, the cache killer is awesome so I wanna get rid of that message. Also I haven't installed it yet but gave a quick glance at the notes and it says they added the ability to change the zoom and light, that's one of the things I missed the most from Race Menu, sounds neat.

0.9j released.

0.9i released.

Haha, me too, the irony.

The links provided at 4shared require for me to sigh im/log in order to download.Is this legit?Never happened to me before to be obligated to sigh in at sharing site for downloading a file.Isn't there a link from mediafire or something?Thanks!

The links provided at 4shared require for me to sigh im/log in order to download.Is this legit?Never happened to me before to be obligated to sigh in at sharing site for downloading a file.Isn't there a link from mediafire or something?Thanks!

They changed to 4shared because Mediafire is now a piece of shit.

Yes, you have to register into 4shared.

Archived