7 hours ago, lipplog said:

Something keeps changing my Gender setting in this mod to Female, loading the female only animation scenarios for my male character. I change it to male, double checking before continuing the game. But eventually, I’ll find it reset back to female. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Don't know what's causing it, but I've had good luck with SLEN (Sexlab Eager NPCs) for forcing gender and gender-appropriate animations into Sexlab.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:13 PM, TheJokerman said:

First, thank you both for the quick responses. I really appreciate it.

I should have said this in the first post and it may be germane:
I installed SL and SL VR patch through vortex.  I believed I had met all the requirements for running it. It wasn't until I tried to run it in my game that I saw under the MCM section that Papyrus was required. I then downloaded and installed the VR version.
I don't see any way to get it to load or write after SL loads as it doesn't show up as a plugin in LOOT or Vortex.
I deleted it and installed again and still didn't help.
I am really at a loss.

I may just delete SL SE and VR patch and try the light version.  
I have been reading about an hour in the past two days and can't figure it out.

For the record, all other requirements show up as being present in the MCM page.  Papyrus is the only one I am having trouble with.   Just came back to Skyrim after like five years to use VR and all other mods have played well.  I am guessing this is a Papyrus issue as reading online it seems it can be a bit of an issue.

Thanks again.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, TheJokerman said:

FYI, uninstalled all of them.   Unistalled papyrus. 
Now, no matter what I do, game won't start because SkyUI says error code 4 regarding papyrus. Tried to reinstall papyrus, didn't help. Tried to uninstall Sky UI and game won't play.  Tried reinstalling SkyUI. Same error.

Ugh.
Don't even know where to begin now.

On 7/28/2020 at 12:58 AM, TheJokerman said:

Found a good guide.
I had to uninstall SKSE at least have my game working.

Years ago I had problem with Papyrus and think I am twice bitten at this point.

I don't use vortex or loot, so can't really say much about them - loot kept messing up the load order for me for mods it wasn't familiar with, and I found vortex too clumsy when running a setup with few hundred mods. I prefer MO2, but it does have it's own learning curve... so whatever works.

Papyrus doesn't have plugins, so plugin load order is irrelevant for it. What's important is that the mod itself has higher priority than any other mod that brings papyrus util files (such as sexlab)... in other words, no mod should overwrite any files from papyrus vr. About SkyUI, that's SkyUI VR version from gitlab, right? Not the one from nexus. And SKSEVR - I recommend grabbing the v12 from Expired's patreon page (it's available regardless of if you're contributing) - unless v12 is up on silverlight already, I haven't checked.

If you leave SKSE out, it'll cut out a lot of mods (including sexlab and vr patch obviously), on the other hand if you do get a setup running that you're happy with, then that's all that really matters.

On 7/29/2020 at 4:49 AM, Cristhalion said:

Great mod, working very well for me, thanks for the hard work here.  Is there a animation selector mod somewhere that works with VR?

None that I'm aware of. You can use gesture controls on VR patch to cycle through available animations, but it doesn't have the ability to select a specific animation. Though now that latest SKSEVR fixes the custom menu issue, I wonder if it would be possible to make sexlab utils work in VR.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:23 AM, loki04 said:

Hi, I have been trying to get this to work, and everything installs correctly but I'm unable to go into 1st person mode, instead I am locked in freely moving mode while a clone of my character goes through the animations.  Has anyone else had this issue?

There's two settings I can think of that affect that behavior - the 'default 3rd person' setting on VR page, and the 'automatic free cam' selection which I think is under 'animation settings'. Disable both of those (selecting any of the 1st person default settings like Prinyo suggested, should also work for disabling the 3rd person default setting). If you have gesture controls enabled, then doing the 'back' gesture with right controller should swap you between 1st and 3rd person views during animation.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:39 PM, juancava said:

working perfectly here, now I can control everything, except when I'm no participating... How do you start to take contorl of npc scenes?

And one other thing, even if it is no sexlab related: Can you select a diferent race when starting the game? for me, the game is crashing when trying to select another race or changing the sculpt of my character. I've tried to create another profile (with mo2) and starting only with racemenu and realm of lorkhan, but it is crashing anyways... It is sad that all the npcs are beautiful and my character is ugly as fuck... ?

Hey! There's nothing ugly in fuck. ?

Use latest VR patch, cast 'debug (target)' spell on an NPC that's participating in the animtion, and it should pop-up a selection for you to take control of the scene. That feature should mostly work, but may have gltiches to it, so I recommend making a save before using it.

I can select different races without issues. Not sure what you mean by sculpt though, if you mean different presets in racemenu, they work for me, if you mean the actual sculpt option in racemenu, as far as I recall it doesn't work and think Expired said it won't in the future. It should probably be possible to create a custom sculpt in SE, save it as preset, and load it in VR, but I'm not sure of that, and don't have SE installation to test it with. Racemenu does have some prequisites (SKSEVR at least I think), if you are crashing with just RM and Lorkhan, then I imagine there's something you're missing.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, juancava said:

One thing, I've just realized that everytime a sexlab animation is started, the height of the npc is reset to 1 (or whatever the normal value is). I've tried to change every option I could see in both VRIK and sexlab. Is there a solution for this?

Thank you very much!

In latest version I think I actually made it so the other participants are scaled to match the player scale when player is involved, to keep the player vs world scaling consistent. If you disable both the 'reset vr scales' (I think that's what I called it) from the VR page, and the 'scale actors' from the animation settings page (again going by memory here), it should disable all the rescaling during animations. If it doesn't, then I'll need to fix the code - because it's supposed to. The alignments  between actors may of course get totally messed up.

8 hours ago, lipplog said:

Something keeps changing my Gender setting in this mod to Female, loading the female only animation scenarios for my male character. I change it to male, double checking before continuing the game. But eventually, I’ll find it reset back to female. Any ideas what could be causing this?

What setting exactly do you mean? The one in sexlab settings that overrides player gender? I think... it was on animation settings page. Or the one on VR page of sexlab that I added in latest version (named it something like, prioritize male/female or active/passive position for player)? Or something else?

2 hours ago, Zylch000 said:

SexLab Tools works for me.

Nice! Right, sexlab tools, not utils... was wondering if fixing custom menus in the latest SKSEVR was enough to make it work.. glad to hear it was. I think it probably made a bunch of mods either work or workable in VR.

Yes, many mods with UI elements started working after that update.  The update basically allowed VR to look in the standard interfaces folder instead of only interfaces/vr 

The hud boundaries are very different in VR, though.  It's all chopped up, so you have to experiment with positioning and some things may pop to other polygons that are used in the hud.  It's not one single pane.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:43 PM, Zylch000 said:

SexLab Tools works for me.  Just map 'H' to a button press or something.  If you have the latest and greatest sksevr, the list will show up.

SKSEVR can be downloaded from Expired's patreon here:
https://www.patreon.com/expired6978

And the latest skyui-vr

https://github.com/Odie/skyui-vr

Question regarding the button mapping - do you use a VRIK gesture custom command for this?

Is there a way to map keybinds without having the game window active on the PC? I prefer to keep mine minimized for obvious reasons

6 hours ago, Depravity said:

Question regarding the button mapping - do you use a VRIK gesture custom command for this?

Is there a way to map keybinds without having the game window active on the PC? I prefer to keep mine minimized for obvious reasons

With Oculus Touch, I have mine configured for left thumbstick click.  You can assign this control directly in the MCM for SL Tools.  I have that button overloaded with several things from other mods (it's my generic status or hold for action button), but nothing during SL scenes, so I have it select which scene to use.  I use right thumbstick click for scene advance in the main SexLab MCM.  Otherwise, I'm just using the VRIK Rift-Index-WMR Controller Bindings V2.1.0 with just a couple minor changes.  I altered jump since I needed to be able to hold down jump for the flying mod to glide, so I mapped it to right thumbstick click.

Hi -

(Running SkyrimVR)
Has anyone figured out the fix for:

Outdated or Skyrim install detected. Sexlab currently requires Skyrim v1.9.32 or newer in order to function. To continue using this mod; you must update your install and reload your game.

I reloaded all my mods from scratch. SexLab loaded with no errors. Log out and go back in and I get this error. I have done the mod reload and reload a couple of times. Each time same result. SexLab loads, I log out to try to learn more about SexLab. Log back in and it gives that error again.

There is only one VR version. I do not understand when people have commented the LE vice the SE. 
I went through and even did the steam properties and had it verify my files.

It loads and then doesn't load. I am confused.

Thank you

5 hours ago, CyberInfluencer said:

Hi -

(Running SkyrimVR)
Has anyone figured out the fix for:

Outdated or Skyrim install detected. Sexlab currently requires Skyrim v1.9.32 or newer in order to function. To continue using this mod; you must update your install and reload your game.

I reloaded all my mods from scratch. SexLab loaded with no errors. Log out and go back in and I get this error. I have done the mod reload and reload a couple of times. Each time same result. SexLab loads, I log out to try to learn more about SexLab. Log back in and it gives that error again.

There is only one VR version. I do not understand when people have commented the LE vice the SE. 
I went through and even did the steam properties and had it verify my files.

It loads and then doesn't load. I am confused.

Thank you

You have installed LE sexlab instead of SSE sexlab.

You must install SSE sexlab (and other requirements) and then this patch to get it working in VR. It's all in the first post.

Great to see this is working in VR.

I've installed it all correctly as far as I can tell, enabled / registered animations in SLAL, used the SL debug spell to select an npc / follower, started an animation to test from the MCM menu but no animation plays. They both just stand there in their idle poses while the voices / sound play. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong / what the problem could be?

5 hours ago, azra0 said:

Great to see this is working in VR.

I've installed it all correctly as far as I can tell, enabled / registered animations in SLAL, used the SL debug spell to select an npc / follower, started an animation to test from the MCM menu but no animation plays. They both just stand there in their idle poses while the voices / sound play. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong / what the problem could be?

Did you remember to run FNIS?

Ok so thank you very much for making this possible! I really need help because I literally vomited from using this mod. For some reason EVERYTHING is spinning out of control. I can some what regain control of my view but it is extremely sensitive. I want to get this to work but just can't stop the entire view from spinning super fast. Can someone help me to understand how to stop that from happening?

17 hours ago, jdods13 said:

Ok so thank you very much for making this possible! I really need help because I literally vomited from using this mod. For some reason EVERYTHING is spinning out of control. I can some what regain control of my view but it is extremely sensitive. I want to get this to work but just can't stop the entire view from spinning super fast. Can someone help me to understand how to stop that from happening?

In short, something's wrong with your installation. I've seen that behavior a few times, at one point I think when I was trying out vehicle mode for locking down player character, and a few other times.. I think it might also happen if you just have the SE version of sexlab installed, and don't have VR patch overwriting it.. but I'm really not sure. If everything's installed correctly, it shouldn't happen.

First thing to check would be whether you have page called 'VR' as the first page when you open sexlab MCM. If not, then VR patch probably isn't overwriting sexlab files properly.

Install SkyUI VR version (from gitlab). Install FNIS. Install sexlab, install VR patch and let it overwrite everything. Install VRIK. Install papyrus utils VR and let it overwrite everything, install jcontainers and let it overwrite everything. Also make sure you have SKSEVR installed properly. Make sure nothing overwrites anything from VR patch. Make sure nothing overwrites anything from Papyrus utils VR (and make sure you have the VR version of papyrus utils). run FNIS to generate the animations. Play the game at least through the helgen quest (until you arrive at riverwood) before trying sexlab (or start game with RoL alternate start mod). After sexlab has finished installing in-game, make a save, and then restart game and reload that save (this might not be necessary, it can work without restart/reload).

2 hours ago, reikiri said:

In short, something's wrong with your installation. I've seen that behavior a few times, at one point I think when I was trying out vehicle mode for locking down player character, and a few other times.. I think it might also happen if you just have the SE version of sexlab installed, and don't have VR patch overwriting it.. but I'm really not sure. If everything's installed correctly, it shouldn't happen.

First thing to check would be whether you have page called 'VR' as the first page when you open sexlab MCM. If not, then VR patch probably isn't overwriting sexlab files properly.

Install SkyUI VR version (from gitlab). Install FNIS. Install sexlab, install VR patch and let it overwrite everything. Install VRIK. Install papyrus utils VR and let it overwrite everything, install jcontainers and let it overwrite everything. Also make sure you have SKSEVR installed properly. Make sure nothing overwrites anything from VR patch. Make sure nothing overwrites anything from Papyrus utils VR (and make sure you have the VR version of papyrus utils). run FNIS to generate the animations. Play the game at least through the helgen quest (until you arrive at riverwood) before trying sexlab (or start game with RoL alternate start mod). After sexlab has finished installing in-game, make a save, and then restart game and reload that save (this might not be necessary, it can work without restart/reload).

I def have the VR options first. Animations start... I'll reinstall everything.

4 hours ago, jdods13 said:

I def have the VR options first. Animations start... I'll reinstall everything.

Another thing to check is... I think last (or one of the last) page.. debug and cleanup? I think there should be a list of requirements there, and their status (if I remember right, all should read 'Ok'). If you're using MO2, check there's no red minus (-) mark on VR patch or papyrus utils VR.

7 hours ago, reikiri said:

Another thing to check is... I think last (or one of the last) page.. debug and cleanup? I think there should be a list of requirements there, and their status (if I remember right, all should read 'Ok'). If you're using MO2, check there's no red minus (-) mark on VR patch or papyrus utils VR.

Everything read as OK. I honestly have no idea what was causing it but after completely reinstalling everything in the order you described it is working perfectly now :) Thank you. The check for requirements was always "OK!" for everything.

On 8/9/2020 at 2:42 AM, Depravity said:

Has anyone been able to get furniture sex framework to work? From what I understand it is directly conflicting in one of the pre-animation tasks causing an instant CTD. 

Furniture in animations is currently stated in the OP as not working (known bug). For most people I think it just doesn't show the furniture in animations. But for a framework that detects furniture to autostart animations? Probably related to the bug. Not sure if this might help @reikiri troubleshoot why they don't work, in all honesty. Quite interesting.

In any case, I wonder if your CTD is also due to one of the two "Issues" listed on the Furniture Sex Framework page:

• Furniture that is added or moved in plugins can't be detected or be misaligned. You'll need to make a compatibility patch for this using the CK.
  • The Sexlab filter/override features might conflict with other mods that also change Sexlab animations before they start (eg. devious devices)

Namely the second issue is probably the culprit. AFAIK Reikiri did some changes to how SL animations are handled in the scripts, so even though Furniture Sex Framework doesn't modify any of the SexLab scripts, it may very well still conflict with this VR patch. (Note: the script changes were required to make them work in VR)

Regardless, you'll have to wait to use furniture simply because furniture doesn't actually work in animations currently anyway. (They are invisible)

7 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

Furniture in animations is currently stated in the OP as not working (known bug). For most people I think it just doesn't show the furniture in animations. But for a framework that detects furniture to autostart animations? Probably related to the bug. Not sure if this might help @reikiri troubleshoot why they don't work, in all honesty. Quite interesting.

In any case, I wonder if your CTD is also due to one of the two "Issues" listed on the Furniture Sex Framework page:

• Furniture that is added or moved in plugins can't be detected or be misaligned. You'll need to make a compatibility patch for this using the CK.
  • The Sexlab filter/override features might conflict with other mods that also change Sexlab animations before they start (eg. devious devices)

Namely the second issue is probably the culprit. AFAIK Reikiri did some changes to how SL animations are handled in the scripts, so even though Furniture Sex Framework doesn't modify any of the SexLab scripts, it may very well still conflict with this VR patch. (Note: the script changes were required to make them work in VR)

Regardless, you'll have to wait to use furniture simply because furniture doesn't actually work in animations currently anyway. (They are invisible)

I'm pretty sure the reason animation objects don't show up (for player actor only) is just another hardcoded hack they did to mash together the VR version in a hurry. As far as I can tell it's only a visual issue, and shouldn't cause crashes - and I don't think the 'furnitures' in furniture framework are related to it anyway since they are apparently invisible 'marker' objects that work as kind of beacon to align the animations into right spot. If the animations align on actual furniture that exists in the world (e.g. wall), they should work in that sense. Though, if they bring their own furniture (e.g. plop down a chair where there normally isn't one), then it may or may not be visible.. depending on if it's linked to player or NPC. The first issue though, kind of implies that the mod is supposed to use actual in-world furniture, which should remain visible. My guess (again without having actually tried it) is that it might actually use animations that normally put out their own furniture (e.g. a chair), but removes the chair the animation would normally place.. and instead aligns the animation with a chair that already exists in the world.

There's massive amount of changes in SL scripts, so yes.. it's very possible that some of those cause conflicts with FF. It's also possible it would be related to how the player position control is totally delegated to VRIK - because it was basically impossible to get the first person view to behave properly by using the same controls that are used on NPCs. It's also possible that the problem isn't in SL at all, but rather in some thing else.. like SKSEVR, papyrus utils, or any number of other things. Technically NPC-only scenes should work pretty much same with VR patch as they do in normal sexlab SE, so if those cause a crash as well, that's a possibility too.

If someone feels adventurous, you can try copying the sexlabutils.dll from VR Patch to SecLab beta 8 (overwriting the one it has), and then try to run sexlab without VR patch activated (unchecked in MO2) - I think animations without player involved in them should mostly work, so you can try and see if that makes FF work (for NPCs). I might give that a try later myself, but it may take a while before I get a chance to do that.