So will this still work with the latest VRIK dev build? Sorta want finger tracking and beast forms.

On a side note...

if you are male... and own a fleshlight... this is completely amazing and feels like virtual fucking... difficult for me to put into words but when everything comes together it's like a very good sex training gym... how long can you last and how many times can you make your waifu climax? Can you stay hard? Sexlab vr + fleshlight is quite the challenge. Wish there was some actual rythm game we could add to sexlab VR where we could use a tracker on the FL to keep track of the players strokes and if you stroke your waifu just right she will moan and climax faster. Anyway... this is epic.

16 hours ago, jdods13 said:

So will this still work with the latest VRIK dev build? Sorta want finger tracking and beast forms.

On a side note...

if you are male... and own a fleshlight... this is completely amazing and feels like virtual fucking... difficult for me to put into words but when everything comes together it's like a very good sex training gym... how long can you last and how many times can you make your waifu climax? Can you stay hard? Sexlab vr + fleshlight is quite the challenge. Wish there was some actual rythm game we could add to sexlab VR where we could use a tracker on the FL to keep track of the players strokes and if you stroke your waifu just right she will moan and climax faster. Anyway... this is epic.

Build 28 is the latest dev build of VRIK that I'm aware of, and should work fine - that's the one included on the first post.

What comes to the rest - anything to do with fleshlights I'll have to leave to someone else working on external mods ?, but I did have a thought about adding a bit of interaction to animations - a sort of mix from what SLSO does, with the VRIK hand tracking, and the way one of the hand tracking options currently works (snapping the hands in right position when you move them close enough to correct location in the animation). That should work really well with some select animations, and could have some interesting possibilities if someone ever figures out how to port the animation speed control mod into Skyrim SE and VR. But putting all of that together is far from trivial - I could probably manage it eventually given enough time.. but I've no idea when I'd have a chance to do it. And both the animation speed hack, and fixing the animation objects to show up for player character, are both kind of beyond the scope of what I can do at the moment (they both likely go pretty deep into game engine hacking).

On 9/8/2020 at 4:42 AM, reikiri said:

Build 28 is the latest dev build of VRIK that I'm aware of, and should work fine - that's the one included on the first post.

What comes to the rest - anything to do with fleshlights I'll have to leave to someone else working on external mods ?, but I did have a thought about adding a bit of interaction to animations - a sort of mix from what SLSO does, with the VRIK hand tracking, and the way one of the hand tracking options currently works (snapping the hands in right position when you move them close enough to correct location in the animation). That should work really well with some select animations, and could have some interesting possibilities if someone ever figures out how to port the animation speed control mod into Skyrim SE and VR. But putting all of that together is far from trivial - I could probably manage it eventually given enough time.. but I've no idea when I'd have a chance to do it. And both the animation speed hack, and fixing the animation objects to show up for player character, are both kind of beyond the scope of what I can do at the moment (they both likely go pretty deep into game engine hacking).

There was a mod that was never really updated for current SexLab versions that integrated Skyrim LE with VStroker, a Fleshlight addon that can detect your strokes. The plugin would change the SexLab scene animation speed based on how fast you stroke. Sadly, the SL animation speed SKSE plugin has yet to be updated to work with Skyrim SE, let alone Skyrim VR which it would also have to be updated for.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:34 AM, XenoDrake said:

There was a mod that was never really updated for current SexLab versions that integrated Skyrim LE with VStroker, a Fleshlight addon that can detect your strokes. The plugin would change the SexLab scene animation speed based on how fast you stroke. Sadly, the SL animation speed SKSE plugin has yet to be updated to work with Skyrim SE, let alone Skyrim VR which it would also have to be updated for.

Last update was to help smooth speed and make better transitions but no one has replied to me on addresses in skse64. The skse64 code would take me months of experimenting to find the locations of start frame, end frame. The source code is on the page if someone else wants to mess with it. I've kind of moved on to camera in FO4 and vsex for personal use. One thing I want to add here. I reworked Multiverse engine to actually work remotely. https://github.com/dmacka/MultiverseClientServer I spend a lot of time upgrading this project for my own use too. Maybe I will update it someday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Help! Whenever I enter a scene my player model freaks out around the waist-- the legs lock in place and the torso and arms stretch all around at crazy angles-- very rarely I can get a scene to line up for the first animation, but it never gets beyond that. Also, when the scene ends my hmd is unlocked and I can move around but my character is still rooted in place, though he is running when I move.

Any thoughts on this? Hoping it's a relatively easy fix, but I've been tweaking MCM settings for 48 hours now with no luck.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but my character himself does not seem to be trying to follow any animations at all. I am using the VRIK version from the links in the file download.

Update: I ended up working around this by starting a new character, wanted to add some new mods anyways. Would still like to know how to fix this if it happens again though. I am on a Vive by the way!

12 hours ago, nonnaya said:

Help! Whenever I enter a scene my player model freaks out around the waist-- the legs lock in place and the torso and arms stretch all around at crazy angles-- very rarely I can get a scene to line up for the first animation, but it never gets beyond that. Also, when the scene ends my hmd is unlocked and I can move around but my character is still rooted in place, though he is running when I move.

Any thoughts on this? Hoping it's a relatively easy fix, but I've been tweaking MCM settings for 48 hours now with no luck.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but my character himself does not seem to be trying to follow any animations at all. I am using the VRIK version from the links in the file download.

Update: I ended up working around this by starting a new character, wanted to add some new mods anyways. Would still like to know how to fix this if it happens again though. I am on a Vive by the way!

This is usually indicative of some of the scripts for SexLab getting overwritten by anything other than SexLab VR patch. The VR patch instructions state it is not compatible with most other things that replace SexLab scripts. This includes things like SLSO, to name one. But you'll want to check your files for conflicts with other mods to see if the scripts are getting overwritten.

2 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

This is usually indicative of some of the scripts for SexLab getting overwritten by anything other than SexLab VR patch. The VR patch instructions state it is not compatible with most other things that replace SexLab scripts. This includes things like SLSO, to name one. But you'll want to check your files for conflicts with other mods to see if the scripts are getting overwritten.

Thanks Xeno, I think this was the case as well, as I organized my left pane in MO2 in between characters and double-checked overwrites to make sure nothing was touching the VR patch that I didn't want to.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me! I am happy to report that all SexLab features are working for me now-- I even got a selection menu up and running using UI Extensions and the Defeat hotkey!

On a related note, thanks so much to Reikiri for the mod and the community for the kind support. The modding scene has always been an inspiration, but some of the projects on LL are just astounding! :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 6:44 AM, prinyo said:

Yep, ideally Expired can find a way to recover the crosshair functionality to work as it does in Flatrim. But for now I think the mod provides a flexible and easy to use solution.

This looks nice. My intentions were only to get the selected NPC in order to show the extra info in MCM, so I only did the first part (only assigning the ref within the MCM scrip). However assigning the ref in the config opens new possibilities - you can take control over NPC-NPC animations and manage them the way you do the ones where the PC is involved. I was planning to explore that in more detail but never did.

The mod has only a spell to select, not to unselect, so there is no way to select the PC. I was thinking if I should add a spell for that, but for now I haven't found a practical use for it to justify cluttering people's inventories. This can have an effect however when patching a mod if the mod uses the lack of crosshair ref as a hint to select the PC. But so far this hasn't actually happened with the mods I have patched.

What I was planning to experiment was - select a NPC, when you open the SL MCM while PC is not in animation, it would check if the target!=player and if yes then search for a running SL thread with the NPC. If there is one - show the VR menu for animation control, if not - show the VR settings. SL already has this functionality - you can target a NPC in the crosshairs and press N, but in VR this workflow is not really userfriendly.

I removed it earlier today when I uploaded a new version. The version that was in the patch is the one I myself still use and is the one that has stayed the longest for download here. It was added relatively recently by request.

However in the update today I added Nether's Follower Framework and I see that it was last updated less than a month ago. It is also not possible to patch any other way (the example above with the event was from that mod) even if I want to. So I'll probably make it a separate download and will contact the author.

Been combing through old threads trying to find a solution to a VR sexlab problem I have been having.  That is, having an NPC selected using the NPC Select for MCM mod is causing issues when a sexlab scene then runs and does NOT involve the selected NPC.  The simpilist solution for me would be to have a way to "unselect" all NPC's at the click of a button or cast of a spell.  Can I implore you to reconsider adding a spell that will allow for this?  Sorry to raise the dead here, but I am in desperate search of a solution

Need some help with activate/select button, trying to set up sl tools everything is working animations to choose are showing but i cant figure out how to bind enter/e keyboard shortcut to vive wand so i can finalize selection, tryed using vrkik emulate press button, choosed activate since if im remembering correctly in skyrim "E" was used for activating thing, and still it isnt selecting :S When i press e or enter on my keyboard the animation is being selected and played, any ideas how to bind "E"/"enter" to vive wand?

Thanks for help

3 hours ago, prinyo said:

What issues is it causing?

First off, many thanks for the reply, and the mod as well (I have used since inception, though previously only to get lazy heels running).  Your mod was a godsend when I thought I would never see high heels work in VR.  Further, while I am a heavy mod user and non-existent contributor, I thank those like you greatly for vastly improving the game experience of those like me.  Hats off to you.

Onto my issue.  Lets say I have NPC1 selected using "select NPC"  A sexlab animation begins using any other NPC's, lets say NPC2 and NPC3.  If I open the sexlab MCM during or after the scene, none of the categories are available in the left pane.  When I exit the MCM, I see a message in the top left stating "NPC1 selected".  If NPC1 is near me, they will illuminate briefly as well, as if they were selected.

After the SL scene between NPCs 2 and 3 ends, the MCM for SL continues to be locked, producing the same results any time I try to access it.  When I cast SL "debug target" on NPC 1, things seem to return to normal; though the scenario will repeat itself endlessly upon further engagements no involving selected NPC's.

When in a new game, the SL menu never locks until I have selected my first NPC using the mod, at which point we head back down the rabbit-hole.

The issue is far from game breaking; but the behavior seems... abnormal.  I just loaded up near 450 mods for a play through and after some minor load order resolutions, all has seemed flawless with this exception.  I am a first time user of SL and all of its addons, so if this is typical or by designe behavior, i apologize for raising the issue, but it seems something is incorrect.

20 hours ago, therick84 said:

Lets say I have NPC1 selected using "select NPC"  A sexlab animation begins using any other NPC's, lets say NPC2 and NPC3.  If I open the sexlab MCM during or after the scene, none of the categories are available in the left pane. 

It seems it is a problem with how the SL patch handles the spell to select an NPC, hopefully @reikiri can take a look at it soon.  It is not something I can fix in the selection mod.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:31 PM, yapeth said:

Need some help with activate/select button, trying to set up sl tools everything is working animations to choose are showing but i cant figure out how to bind enter/e keyboard shortcut to vive wand so i can finalize selection, tryed using vrkik emulate press button, choosed activate since if im remembering correctly in skyrim "E" was used for activating thing, and still it isnt selecting :S When i press e or enter on my keyboard the animation is being selected and played, any ideas how to bind "E"/"enter" to vive wand?

Thanks for help

E is used to activate things I think, but I don't think that means 'activate' equals 'E' key for purposes of MCM or mods. Rather I think you'd need to specifically be able to emulate press of 'E' key. I assumed VRIK gestures could do that, but I'm not sure - were they limited to just emulating actions rather than keypresses?

On 10/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, therick84 said:

First off, many thanks for the reply, and the mod as well (I have used since inception, though previously only to get lazy heels running).  Your mod was a godsend when I thought I would never see high heels work in VR.  Further, while I am a heavy mod user and non-existent contributor, I thank those like you greatly for vastly improving the game experience of those like me.  Hats off to you.

Onto my issue.  Lets say I have NPC1 selected using "select NPC"  A sexlab animation begins using any other NPC's, lets say NPC2 and NPC3.  If I open the sexlab MCM during or after the scene, none of the categories are available in the left pane.  When I exit the MCM, I see a message in the top left stating "NPC1 selected".  If NPC1 is near me, they will illuminate briefly as well, as if they were selected.

After the SL scene between NPCs 2 and 3 ends, the MCM for SL continues to be locked, producing the same results any time I try to access it.  When I cast SL "debug target" on NPC 1, things seem to return to normal; though the scenario will repeat itself endlessly upon further engagements no involving selected NPC's.

When in a new game, the SL menu never locks until I have selected my first NPC using the mod, at which point we head back down the rabbit-hole.

The issue is far from game breaking; but the behavior seems... abnormal.  I just loaded up near 450 mods for a play through and after some minor load order resolutions, all has seemed flawless with this exception.  I am a first time user of SL and all of its addons, so if this is typical or by designe behavior, i apologize for raising the issue, but it seems something is incorrect.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, prinyo said:

It seems it is a problem with how the SL patch handles the spell to select an NPC, hopefully @reikiri can take a look at it soon.  It is not something I can fix in the selection mod.

That sounds curious. I'll see if I have some time this weekend to have a look at that. How is the scene in this example actually started? Matchmaker? Debug spells? Activated by some other mod (f.ex. defeat)? Or does it not make any difference?

; Target actor
    StatRef = PlayerRef
    TargetRef = Config.TargetRef
    EmptyStatToggle = false
    if (!TargetRef || !TargetRef.Is3DLoaded()) && Config.HasSelectNPC
        NSMQuestScript nsm = NSMQuestScript.GetInstance()
        if nsm
            TargetRef = nsm.NSMActor
        endIf
        if TargetRef
            Config.OnCrossHairRefChange(TargetRef as ObjectReference)
            Config.SetTargetActor()
        endIf
    endIf
    if TargetRef && TargetRef.Is3DLoaded()
        TargetName = TargetRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()
        TargetFlag = OPTION_FLAG_NONE
    else
        TargetRef = none
        TargetName = "$SSL_NoTarget"
        TargetFlag = OPTION_FLAG_DISABLED
        Config.TargetRef = none
    endIf

MCM target is selected:

- if target has been previously selected, and is still valid, keep that target

- if no target, or target is valid, select target held by npc selector

- if that target is not valid, clear selected target

Based on that, I'd assume if you f.ex. use the NPC selector to select a valid target, it should clear the situation. I'm still not entirely sure what exactly causes the issue in the first place though, there shouldn't be anything wrong in having selected an actor that isn't part of an active scene - for example you should be able to pick any valid NPC in order to change the voice they will be using.

-- edit --

Tested, and yes - I can replicate the issue, this is not what is supposed to happen. Also the workaround I suggested earlier seems to work, namely using NPC selector spell to pick one of the actors in active scene seems to fix the issue. It happens in very early stage of loading up the MCM menu, so my guess would be there's some part of the code that assumes (incorrectly) that the selected target must be involved in a scene if a scene is active. If that's the case, it shouldn't be too hard to fix it.

-- edit --

Looks like it was kind of a silly problem. When setting up the MCM menu, the code above calls Config.SetTargetActor() which in turn sets the selected target for use with the MCM. One of the side effects of the call is to use the selected-spell on the target to briefly flash it with an effect. However you can't cast that spell while in a menu, so the whole thing hangs and waits for you to exit the menu before going on with the casting. Duh. I set a condition to skip that spell when in menu mode, and it seems to work fine now. I'll just add a hotfix patch to the OP because this isn't enough of a change to warrant a whole new version, but I don't want to make everyone wait until such time when a new version would come out.

and, ping - @therick84 ?

On 10/30/2020 at 5:01 AM, reikiri said:

E is used to activate things I think, but I don't think that means 'activate' equals 'E' key for purposes of MCM or mods. Rather I think you'd need to specifically be able to emulate press of 'E' key. I assumed VRIK gestures could do that, but I'm not sure - were they limited to just emulating actions rather than keypresses?

That sounds curious. I'll see if I have some time this weekend to have a look at that. How is the scene in this example actually started? Matchmaker? Debug spells? Activated by some other mod (f.ex. defeat)? Or does it not make any difference?

I have no idea what was going on but its kinda fixed itself, first solution was to jump into steam overlay when having animation select window on then jump back into game and i was able to press trigger to confirm selection, when i started the game next time the trigger just started to work normally without havint to jump in/out from steam overlay have no idea what was the problem, havent changed anything in the game but im glad that its working right now :D Before i tried with vrkik gestures but its turns out that emulating "Activate" refers to action rather than key press thats starts this action

8 hours ago, yapeth said:

I have no idea what was going on but its kinda fixed itself, first solution was to jump into steam overlay when having animation select window on then jump back into game and i was able to press trigger to confirm selection, when i started the game next time the trigger just started to work normally without havint to jump in/out from steam overlay have no idea what was the problem, havent changed anything in the game but im glad that its working right now :D Before i tried with vrkik gestures but its turns out that emulating "Activate" refers to action rather than key press thats starts this action

Yes, basically what I meant by 'activate' not equaling 'E' key. For the key emulation to work, you need to have the skyrim window active on the PC, even when you play on VR, so that may be the difference (if you jump into steam overlay, you're activating the skyrim window when you do that). Either way, glad to hear it's working, hopefully it'll continue to do so.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:37 AM, reikiri said:

; Target actor
    StatRef = PlayerRef
    TargetRef = Config.TargetRef
    EmptyStatToggle = false
    if (!TargetRef || !TargetRef.Is3DLoaded()) && Config.HasSelectNPC
        NSMQuestScript nsm = NSMQuestScript.GetInstance()
        if nsm
            TargetRef = nsm.NSMActor
        endIf
        if TargetRef
            Config.OnCrossHairRefChange(TargetRef as ObjectReference)
            Config.SetTargetActor()
        endIf
    endIf
    if TargetRef && TargetRef.Is3DLoaded()
        TargetName = TargetRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()
        TargetFlag = OPTION_FLAG_NONE
    else
        TargetRef = none
        TargetName = "$SSL_NoTarget"
        TargetFlag = OPTION_FLAG_DISABLED
        Config.TargetRef = none
    endIf

MCM target is selected:

- if target has been previously selected, and is still valid, keep that target

- if no target, or target is valid, select target held by npc selector

- if that target is not valid, clear selected target

Based on that, I'd assume if you f.ex. use the NPC selector to select a valid target, it should clear the situation. I'm still not entirely sure what exactly causes the issue in the first place though, there shouldn't be anything wrong in having selected an actor that isn't part of an active scene - for example you should be able to pick any valid NPC in order to change the voice they will be using.

-- edit --

Tested, and yes - I can replicate the issue, this is not what is supposed to happen. Also the workaround I suggested earlier seems to work, namely using NPC selector spell to pick one of the actors in active scene seems to fix the issue. It happens in very early stage of loading up the MCM menu, so my guess would be there's some part of the code that assumes (incorrectly) that the selected target must be involved in a scene if a scene is active. If that's the case, it shouldn't be too hard to fix it.

-- edit --

Looks like it was kind of a silly problem. When setting up the MCM menu, the code above calls Config.SetTargetActor() which in turn sets the selected target for use with the MCM. One of the side effects of the call is to use the selected-spell on the target to briefly flash it with an effect. However you can't cast that spell while in a menu, so the whole thing hangs and waits for you to exit the menu before going on with the casting. Duh. I set a condition to skip that spell when in menu mode, and it seems to work fine now. I'll just add a hotfix patch to the OP because this isn't enough of a change to warrant a whole new version, but I don't want to make everyone wait until such time when a new version would come out.

and, ping - @therick84 ?

Awesome, thanks for jumping on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have a problem where after I click on install it says it has installed successfully but the menu does not change so I don't know what I am missing?20201116174303_1.jpg.68f715635fb618d84c8e53894d94a949.jpg20201116174328_1.jpg.caaffd7cc840ee708e9bf170b01bc0e2.jpg

Here is my load order and Sexlab Framework says I don't have the latest version of Papyrus but I went into Nexus and got the latest VR versions of those mods so I don't know what gives? I also get incompatible queries despite installing the VR versions of those mods? Maybe something is conflicting or wrong order or wrong versions? I am new to Skyrim VR so I know very little on what I'm doing.

image.png.455f15e8464a0012c1eab473305d5335.pngimage.png.703faaf35c030c951dab18f2d965191a.png

*EDIT* I also get this in Skyrim's Console Command. 

20201116180029_1.jpg.1ff39ec1d307a988f0429fa3cd9a9d7a.jpg

1 hour ago, Pornel said:

Hi there,

I have a problem where after I click on install it says it has installed successfully but the menu does not change so I don't know what I am missing?Here is my load order and Sexlab Framework says I don't have the latest version of Papyrus but I went into Nexus and got the latest VR versions of those mods so I don't know what gives? I also get incompatible queries despite installing the VR versions of those mods? Maybe something is conflicting or wrong order or wrong versions? I am new to Skyrim VR so I know very little on what I'm doing.

image.png.703faaf35c030c951dab18f2d965191a.png

*EDIT* I also get this in Skyrim's Console Command. 

I'm not sure if you notice but you have SSE versions of SKSE plugins installed. You need the VR versions. SKSE requires LE, VR, or SSE versions to go along with whatever game you are using. You cannot use ones from another game type and they cannot be converted without extensive coding knowledge.

1. Fuz Ro D'oh doesn't have a VR version... yet. You'll have to not use mods that require it, or generate thousands of silence files using Silent Voice Generator and the guide found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/cvd6mr/quest_mods_that_require_fuz_ro_doh/ (Note: Some mods crash CreationKit when exporting Dialogue. There isn't anything that can be done about that)

2. papyrusutil is still the SE version because SexLab is overwriting PapyrusUtil in your load order. You might have noticed this by the "X" in the screenshot next to the install requirements for SexLab, which indicates it is not found. Install the VR version from the miscellaneous section on the Nexus page, and make sure it overwrites SexLab (SexLab includes an older SE version of PapyrusUtil. You actually always want to install the latest from the Nexus, even for SE) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048

3. Same goes for RaceMenu. You have the SE version still installed. I would rename or remove the skee64.dll, since it isn't required for VR. You can also find it in the Optional files section on the RaceMenu Nexus page https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080?tab=files

6 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

1. Fuz Ro D'oh doesn't have a VR version... yet. You'll have to not use mods that require it, or generate thousands of silence files using Silent Voice Generator and the guide found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/cvd6mr/quest_mods_that_require_fuz_ro_doh/ (Note: Some mods crash CreationKit when exporting Dialogue. There isn't anything that can be done about that)

There actually is a VR version. check