Atelier Ryza - Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout

14 hours ago, SKELFantasy00 said:

Anyway, back to my worries. There's a little problem with the 'Sunlight Flower NUDE v1.0', Ryza's legs seem to get distorted when she's in motion. All the other mods are fine, only 'Sunlight Flower NUDE v1.0' is affected. Anyone knows what it is about?

I'm like, 99% sure that it's just because the modder didn't properly weight paint the model, I remember her arms and butt being weird while just standing still too. Nothing you can do unless you want to take the time to learn how to fix it. I'm still waiting for a good nude mod myself.

4 hours ago, HUNK RE2 said:

should the path look like this?

From what I can tell it looks fine, if the game continues to load forever though, it's because at some point you deleted the original x64 folder that's shipped with the game from the start and will have to re-download it, otherwise it's because you didn't merge the PAK00_02's x64 folder with the base x64, and it can't load those assets either.

There should only be ONE folder named "data" and only ONE folder named "x64", if there's more than one of either, merge them together.

There's a lot of beating around the bush in this thread, but by focusing on certain keywords I've got a gist of how people are model editing. I don't like it when people keep information to themselves.

There's a wrapper program (think ENB or Reshade) that is used to intercept draw calls to remove or edit meshes or shaders in games. It's called 3DMigoto and there's a tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWE0xP4MgR8

You can download the latest version here: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases

It'll take me too long to list what you can learn from that video, but if you want a tl;dr it's that you can use it to export and import meshes along with textures and possibly other things with the blender script that's linked on that youtube page. I couldn't get it to work for me until I copied the code from this github reply into the d3dx.ini file: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/issues/105

Using the aforementioned blender script, you can import the meshes and do the usual mesh editing. One of the things the blender script can do is unify bone names between meshes which is very important. Watch the last part of the tutorial video.

3. Using a twitter video by YXS you can see his process, but it's hard to follow if you don't know what you're looking at. https://twitter.com/YXSzzzz/status/1215052778780815360

-At the beginning you see him open a list of .ib and .vb files. Those are exported by the 3Dmigoto Blender plugin. If you're importing directly from the game they're actually .txt files. The numbers indicate that the bone unifying setting was used. After editing, he saves each mesh as #.vb, but I think you can get away with a merged one (haven't tested, I'm still learning this).

-Once the video has 4 windows open it's even more confusing, but the gist of it seems to be that you use gust tool's gust_elixir.exe on the [name]model.elixir.gz file to get a folder that contains g1m files.

-I don't know how to extract g1m files. G1m tools reports an invalid version. But I did see that it tries to create a folder named after the g1m file if you try to export, so I kept it. You can see the equivalent folder in the upper right window at :55 in the video. He copies the .ib and .vb files created by the Blender script into this folder. I'm not able to see if there's other files in that folder in the video, I'm assuming a proper extraction would show some files there.

-After this, he moves the g1m file to g1m_importer which seems to rebuild the g1m file with the meshes from 3DMigoto

-Then he repacks the folders as normal.

The only thing preventing me from model editing right now is figuring out the g1m tool issue, but that seems to be an ongoing theme of this thread.

Oh, and you could use 3Dmigoto's mod system itself to bypass the .PAK extracting entirely, but it relies on the community agreeing to move to it together. This also wouldn't be Switch-friendly of course.

14 hours ago, Phygnos said:

There's a lot of beating around the bush in this thread, but by focusing on certain keyboards I've got a gist of how people are model editing. I don't like it when people keep information to themselves.

There's a wrapper program (think ENB or Reshade) that is used to intercept draw calls to remove or edit meshes or shaders in games. It's called 3DMigoto and there's a tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWE0xP4MgR8

You can download the latest version here: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases

It'll take me too long to list what you can learn from that video, but if you want a tl;dr it's that you can use it to export and import meshes along with textures and possibly other things with the blender script that's linked on that youtube page. I couldn't get it to work for me until I copied the code from this github reply into the d3dx.ini file: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/issues/105

Using the aforementioned blender script, you can import the meshes and do the usual mesh editing. One of the things the blender script can do is unify bone names between meshes which is very important. Watch the last part of the tutorial video.

3. Using a twitter video by YXS you can see his process, but it's hard to follow if you don't know what you're looking at. https://twitter.com/YXSzzzz/status/1215052778780815360

-At the beginning you see him open a list of .ib and .vb files. Those are exported by the 3Dmigoto Blender plugin. If you're importing directly from the game they're actually .txt files. The numbers indicate that the bone unifying setting was used. After editing, he saves each mesh as #.vb, but I think you can get away with a merged one (haven't tested, I'm still learning this).

-Once the video has 4 windows open it's even more confusing, but the gist of it seems to be that you use gust tool's gust_elixir.exe on the [name]model.elixir.gz file to get a folder that contains g1m files.

-I don't know how to extract g1m files. G1m tools reports an invalid version. But I did see that it tries to create a folder named after the g1m file if you try to export, so I kept it. You can see the equivalent folder in the upper right window at :55 in the video. He copies the .ib and .vb files created by the Blender script into this folder. I'm not able to see if there's other files in that folder in the video, I'm assuming a proper extraction would show some files there.

-After this, he moves the g1m file to g1m_importer which seems to rebuild the g1m file with the meshes from 3DMigoto

-Then he repacks the folders as normal.

The only thing preventing me from model editing right now is figuring out the g1m tool issue, but that seems to be an ongoing theme of this thread.

Oh, and you could use 3Dmigoto's mod system itself to bypass the .PAK extracting entirely, but it relies on the community agreeing to move to it together. This also wouldn't be Switch-friendly of course.

God bless the work you put in, while I usually would agree to more streamlined mod support, I unfortunately play Atelier on Switch myself so I'm voting for keeping things the way they are

I don't know much about the model files of Atelier and the gz and elixir and whatnot, but I do hope either the g1m tool problems are properly situated or someone spends the time researching the code and builds a GUI user friendly tool that exports the mesh with bones rigged, which would open open modding for Atelier Ryza more efficiently and with more options

On 1/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, Tehman4 said:

I'm like, 99% sure that it's just because the modder didn't properly weight paint the model, I remember her arms and butt being weird while just standing still too. Nothing you can do unless you want to take the time to learn how to fix it. I'm still waiting for a good nude mod myself.

From what I can tell it looks fine, if the game continues to load forever though, it's because at some point you deleted the original x64 folder that's shipped with the game from the start and will have to re-download it, otherwise it's because you didn't merge the PAK00_02's x64 folder with the base x64, and it can't load those assets either.

There should only be ONE folder named "data" and only ONE folder named "x64", if there's more than one of either, merge them together.

no i just deleted the pak 2

On 1/12/2020 at 4:27 AM, SKELFantasy00 said:

Anyway, back to my worries. There's a little problem with the 'Sunlight Flower NUDE v1.0', Ryza's legs seem to get distorted when she's in motion. All the other mods are fine, only 'Sunlight Flower NUDE v1.0' is affected. Anyone knows what it is about?

424035594_SunlightFlowerNUDEv1.0distortionproblem.jpg.b5877e8602ba3065e7533f466a139f12.jpg

im getting that weird distortion to also theres seem issues to other then that its a good mod

Damn...I've seen someone model swap Ryza with another character from a previous Atelier game.

So I downloaded Shallie because I want to swap Ryza with somebody with Shallie, but the model files are all named completely differently.  I have no idea what to swap, or if it'll even work even if I do find the correct files to swap.  The most obvious one (PC20_MODEL.elixir) just causes the game to crash.  Which didn't surprise me much because the file sizes are completely different, Shallie's model file is 10 times bigger than anything in Ryza. 

But if Lulua works, I feel like Shallie should too...I guess they're just too different.  A simple rename isn't going to work I guess.

1573173595705.jpg

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be possible, at least not for me.  Breaking down Shallie's elixir files also reveals .g1h files, and .g1h files don't exist in Ryza.  I have no idea what to do with them.  I still think it's theoretically possible since model swapping with Lulua works, but I have no mod skills to fix this problem.

Yeah, I gotta give up on Shallie as well.  

Rename swapping the BASE_MOTION1 file for each character causes the game to crash.  And that's probably an important file for making each character not look like a fucking monstrosity.  And like I said before I have no modding skills and it's way beyond my power to fix it.

I'm not super surprised that model swapping Ryza with Shallie characters didn't work, but I am surprised that you can't model swap Shallie characters with other Shallie characters by the same method that worked in Ryza.  That's disappointing.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, Schlutt said:

Hello, if you don't mind me asking where did you get the dark tan version for her? (PC)?

Here are the dark tan Lila files.

pc05a_model.elixir.gz (model from moderchan@21)

pc05a_model.g1t (my texture edit of moderchan@21's work)

1834263157_Lilapreview.png.0ea4f2ca8d988ca9c31834a388326e14.png

1. you have drag PACK00_02.PAK onto gust_pak.exe and change the file name to have a .bak at the end like this "PACK00_02.PAK.bak"

2. you take the Data folder and move/replace into the Data folder that you are currently inside of (because you just created a Data folder inside the Data folder)

3. put them in the folder location listed below and overwrite
...\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza\Data\x64\character\pc05a

Can anyone remove the sandals from everyone's swimsuit or at least Tao alone?

If you only remove Tao's sandals thats fine.

If it'll take so long to do all of them then you can give me them one by one starting w/ Tao as you finish them.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:11 PM, SKELFantasy00 said:

It's really not that hard to mod this game lol. I think I gave you a detailed guide on how to mod the game pages ago, and it seems there were a lot of steps you missed to do.

What page is this?

3 hours ago, Schlutt said:

Hello, thank you for the reply! The one file appears to be damaged. :/ ( Elixir one)

By "damaged" I am guessing you noticed some seams/tiny breaks in the texture. All of the mods I have seen that edit the model.elixir.gz files have minor visual errors either when in motion or when viewed at certain angles. If the damaged areas bother you enough that you would prefer less skin visible, I did a tan Lila edit ages ago that only recolors the bodysuit and a few bits of armor. Please make sure that you have the default pc05a_model.elixir.gz when using this file.

pc05a_model.g1t

1437752774_Lilav4.png.ab9d0dec745dedd0df9ba304b202c787.png

6 hours ago, nomog said:

Hello!

Has anyone already shared those mods? I cant find them anywhere and they are just magnificent! :)

EOOl-VqUUAAck8G.jpg

EN5-GzAUUAE9MfI.jpg

moderchan@21 on twitter is working on those but has not released them. They use this website https://ux.getuploader.com/steam_mod_share/ to upload their mods. Look for the ones that start with [A21], the other ones on the upload site are for other games. They recently released this one in the picture below.

11087.jpg.f832ec9768425c619a0bbe084018ff8e.jpg

3 hours ago, Joe Average said:

moderchan@21 on twitter is working on those but has not released them. They use this website https://ux.getuploader.com/steam_mod_share/ to upload their mods. Look for the ones that start with [A21], the other ones on the upload site are for other games. They recently released this one in the picture below.

Thanks a lot of for the reply! I really hope those mods will get released eventually.