35 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Make sure the quest is active in your Pip-Boy.

The ship captain is south of Coastal Cottage.

Reveal hidden contents

1646214506_Fallout4Screenshot2021_06.01-12_51_34_30.png.20aa471ff695ab2cb9e6f9eee3ee865d.png

You can also use coc ShipAtSea

You wouldn't happen to have the QuestID so that I can force start that quest because absolutely nothing happens after looking at the poster and talking to Investigator. I can't even talk to the guy after he's done talking. 

The coc command does take me to the ship and I could go into the VR quest where I got stuck on the deathclaw fight because nothing would happen even after I attacked it. It would just kill me over and over again while I did 1 pixel of damage before I died.

19 minutes ago, RedGallade said:

You wouldn't happen to have the QuestID so that I can force start that quest because absolutely nothing happens after looking at the poster and talking to Investigator. I can't even talk to the guy after he's done talking. 

The coc command does take me to the ship and I could go into the VR quest where I got stuck on the deathclaw fight because nothing would happen even after I attacked it. It would just kill me over and over again while I did 1 pixel of damage before I died.

If the deathclaw scene failed you most likely don't have the correct animations.

You can also watch the couple in the storage room, get locked in the cell (be submissive only) or tell the bartender you're bored.

ooorrrrr......

coc goldcitydocks

Edited by izzyknows
sperlin
9 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

If the deathclaw scene failed you most likely don't have the correct animations.

You can also watch the couple in the storage room, get locked in the cell (be submissive only) or tell the bartender you're bored.

ooorrrrr......

coc goldcitydocks

Thanks for the help. My game is probably just bugged from all the mods I have installed because I have all the animation mods in the description installed. I'll probably just delete everything and start over so no other mod can interfere.

12 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Discovered that I needed to load the plugin after DiamondNewVendors.esp from the Diamond City Outskirts mod, or else the research terminal on the ship would be replaced with a Diamond City Public Terminal. Though once I got into the virtual world, I'm still unable to make the encounter with the deathclaw work correctly. I've seem to figure out what I have conflicting, but the deathclaw just enters normal combat after I strike it once with the sword, and after a couple hits on me it does a skewer-n-toss finishing move and I die.  Maybe a fallback mechanism like checking the player's health level or even interacting with the deathclaw in a non-combat-oriented manner (e.g. sheathing your sword, telling it you give up, et cetera...) would make sense there.

The deathclaw event is the one event I was never able to fix for everyone. It just works for half the people and doesn't for the other half. I've tried rebuilding the script to get it to work to no avail. I agree that another method would probably work better, I haven't and won't be using combat defeats again due to how many problems I've had with that quest. Would you try toggling god mode to see if it works if the deathclaw didn't one shot you?

12 hours ago, dailythebee said:

congrats update. ty

Thanks!

12 hours ago, vaultbait said:

For me, the masturbation scene in the bathhouse seems to not return control of normal functions to the player once it ends (can't activate the redress locker, can't pull up the pip-boy, and so on), so the only way to get dressed is apparently to quit the game completely, start it back up and then load the exitsave that created (just quitting to the menu isn't sufficient). I tested it twice just to be sure.

Hmm, that's strange. Where you able to fix it with the method you mentioned? I think the scene isn't properly ending for you so your items aren't being requiped and the locker activator isn't showing up. I'll see if I can reproduce the same issue.

11 hours ago, Senick said:

wow! this looks great! thanks for your hard work!

Appreciate it.

10 hours ago, hwybee4996 said:

Kickinit09 Welcome back can't wait to try out new up date.

Glad to hear it!

3 hours ago, JonX67 said:

I currently am in my first play-through using this mod in it's newest version from today

and am having a lot of fun with it!

It's really a big thing and an obvious mountain of love and work went into it, and other than a few hick-ups here and there (which is to expect from a mod of that size which is still in development and that has to deal with my messy mod-set-up) I don't experience any bugs so far.
So, I'm just here to congratulate to the great work and to say THANK YOU for sharing it!
?

Awesome, great to hear your enjoying it!

33 minutes ago, ElsissSurana said:

Wow, it's been awhile since I last looked in on this mod.  I have to say, I'm really surprised to see some of the material that I wrote included.  Thank you @Kickinit09 for including the suggestions that I sent you.  Going have to download this and give it a try now.

Haha, I had put it in a while ago, just had trouble getting the rest of the update together. Thank you for the contribution though I appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, RedGallade said:

I think you have to attack it 5 times to win or have it hit you 3 times to lose. You could try the console command tgm so you don't get one shot and see if that works, but that event has given a lot of people problems. There are alternate ways to advance the quest though such as looking through the hole in the storage she across from the bartender or walking into the cell at the back of the ship. The quest is bctintro though if you want to advance the stages manually. I think stage 20 is around where you are moved to the island, and that's where a lot of the content is.

6 hours ago, Kickinit09 said:

Would you try toggling god mode to see if it works if the deathclaw didn't one shot you?

Sure, I have a save handy from just before entering the room with the VR headset in it. Switching tgm on made no difference. I hit the deathclaw once with the sword and then stood there and let him go at me for several minutes, probably hit me more than a hundred times. Then I wailed on him for a hundred strikes or more, still nothing triggered.

Is there maybe a related QUST object I can setstage on to test advancing it to/past the combat defeat?

Where you able to fix it with the method you mentioned?

Yes, quitting to desktop after the masturbation scene ended allowed me to use the locker, my pip-boy, et cetera just fine after loading the exit save.

I think the scene isn't properly ending for you so your items aren't being requiped and the locker activator isn't showing up.

I went back and tested some more. Immediately following the masturbation scene in the shower I get the "you aren't sure what came over you" modal dialog on screen. Once I okay it and leave the bathing area I can see the activator text for the locker, but the game doesn't respond to my attempts to activate it. Similarly the Drink activator for the water in the pool and the Open activator on the toilet stalls can't be engaged either. Attempts to bring up my Pip-Boy are also completely ignored.

I could still walk around and look and bring up or dismiss the pause menu, open and close the console, take items from the mirrors over the sinks or open them as transferrable containers, go in and out of combat stance... I seem to remember this problem in some other mods which used a masturbation animation in years past, it might be a problem with the animation itself?

One other related data point, the wall painting animation in Westwood House does precisely the same thing. After I paint the wall I can't engage the activators for any of the trash piles in the room, but quitting to the desktop and starting up again from the exit save allows me to continue.

I did try the suggestion of resetting layer-disabled controls, used riel to reset every layer listed in the diel output, but that did not get the activators working for me either. Saving and reloading, or quitting to the menu and loading, don't fix it either. Even loading an earlier save from somewhere else in the Commonwealth entirely leaves me unable to activate normal things, like opening doors, so whatever's breaking seems to be at a fairly low level. Quitting completely to desktop and starting the game back up is the only way I've found to clear the condition.

Edited by vaultbait

Alright love the new content but i'm stuck as i need to "practice" three times. Looks like it's triggered by an event, but it really do not happen so much and the time it triggered the man involved did not wanted to let me "practice" so i'm a bit stuck lol.

Wouldn't it be simpler to let the player practice with anybody? Or at least try?

Edited by Shalassan
24 minutes ago, Shalassan said:

Alright love the new content but i'm stuck as i need to "practice" three times. Looks like it's triggered by an event, but it really do not happen so much and the time it triggered the man involved did not wanted to let me "practice" so i'm a bit stuck lol.

Wouldn't it be simpler to let the player practice with anybody? Or at least try?

You can practice with any guy but there's a 30 min in game cd between attempts. It's just a random chance if they accept or not. If its that annoying I can remove the cooldown on the dialogue in the next patch. You can just wait an hour in game and try again if you want to for now though. My thought process was that it's just sort of meant to be like a subliminal trigger that pops into your head occasionally rather than something your character is aware of and focused on trying to complete.

Edited by Kickinit09
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Sure, I have a save handy from just before entering the room with the VR headset in it. Switching tgm on made no difference. I hit the deathclaw once with the sword and then stood there and let him go at me for several minutes, probably hit me more than a hundred times. Then I wailed on him for a hundred strikes or more, still nothing triggered.

Is there maybe a related QUST object I can setstage on to test advancing it to/past the combat defeat?

Yes, quitting to desktop after the masturbation scene ended allowed me to use the locker, my pip-boy, et cetera just fine after loading the exit save.

I went back and tested some more. Immediately following the masturbation scene in the shower I get the "you aren't sure what came over you" modal dialog on screen. Once I okay it and leave the bathing area I can see the activator text for the locker, but the game doesn't respond to my attempts to activate it. Similarly the Drink activator for the water in the pool and the Open activator on the toilet stalls can't be engaged either. Attempts to bring up my Pip-Boy are also completely ignored.

I could still walk around and look and bring up or dismiss the pause menu, open and close the console, take items from the mirrors over the sinks or open them as transferrable containers, go in and out of combat stance... I seem to remember this problem in some other mods which used a masturbation animation in years past, it might be a problem with the animation itself?

One other related data point, the wall painting animation in Westwood House does precisely the same thing. After I paint the wall I can't engage the activators for any of the trash piles in the room, but quitting to the desktop and starting up again from the exit save allows me to continue.

I did try the suggestion of resetting layer-disabled controls, used riel to reset every layer listed in the diel output, but that did not get the activators working for me either. Saving and reloading, or quitting to the menu and loading, don't fix it either. Even loading an earlier save from somewhere else in the Commonwealth entirely leaves me unable to activate normal things, like opening doors, so whatever's breaking seems to be at a fairly low level. Quitting completely to desktop and starting the game back up is the only way I've found to clear the condition.

Seems to be related to when I change the camera from the player to another actor and then back again. I will say I'm not able to reproduce the issue in my game but I have had that happen to me before. I'll see if I can figure out a fix though.

So, I've been trying to trigger the approach that is related to the bath house questline, but it doesn't seem to be firing.  Is there a specific area that I have to wander around in?  Do I have to volunteer for shifts at the bath house enough times on my own first?  

So glad to see you back on the scene. Your mod is a nice change of pace from the sea of beastiality and preggo content that makes up the bulk of the fallout mods here. Super excited to see what you come up with next.

6 hours ago, ElsissSurana said:

So, I've been trying to trigger the approach that is related to the bath house questline, but it doesn't seem to be firing.  Is there a specific area that I have to wander around in?  Do I have to volunteer for shifts at the bath house enough times on my own first?  

It should just be a random event like any other. The quest is supposed to progress when you've done the random event twice but it sounds like it might be bugged though. You can try using the console and type 'set bctbathhouseshiftscounter to 2' and then speak with sandy to get the next task.

5 hours ago, gunsol said:

So glad to see you back on the scene. Your mod is a nice change of pace from the sea of beastiality and preggo content that makes up the bulk of the fallout mods here. Super excited to see what you come up with next.

Thanks, its a lot of work so I'm glad to hear you enjoy it.

27 minutes ago, Meow_korvson said:

I cant seem to find the poster in diamond city as its missing from where its supposed to show up any help? thanks!

You may have a mod that edits the cell of diamond city so it doesn't show up. Try setstage bctintro 5 and see if the quest pops up for you.

Edited by Kickinit09
12 minutes ago, Kickinit09 said:

It should just be a random event like any other. The quest is supposed to progress when you've done the random event twice but it sounds like it might be bugged though. You can try using the console and type 'set bctbathhouseshiftscounter to 2' and then speak with sandy to get the next task.

I think the approach might be bugged, but I can't be sure.  I did spend about three hours trying to get the bath house approach to trigger with no luck.  I'm sure I did get most of the other ones though.

1 hour ago, Kickinit09 said:

You may have a mod that edits the cell of diamond city so it doesn't show up. Try setstage bctintro 5 and see if the quest pops up for you.

Edited 1 hour ago by Kickinit09

Yeah that didnt work i got an error saying that bctintro couldnt be found for paramater quest 

41 minutes ago, Meow_korvson said:

Yeah that didnt work i got an error saying that bctintro couldnt be found for paramater quest 

Seems like the mod isn't loading in your game. I would double check you have downloaded all the dependencies.

40 minutes ago, ElsissSurana said:

@Kickinit09 Think I figured out what is going on.  I checked the variables, and it looks like BathhouseWorker is still 0 even after you have helped take over the bath house.

I see that. It refuses to change even though the script to change it seems to be firing correctly. I can change it to a global and that will fix it, just annoying because I don't know why it doesn't work as is.

Edited by Kickinit09
18 minutes ago, Kickinit09 said:

I see that. It refuses to change even though the script to change it seems to be firing correctly. I can change it to a global and that will fix it, just annoying because I don't know why it doesn't work as is.

Always annoying when that happens.  Also, setting the other variable, bctbathhouseshiftscounter, had no effect.  I don't know if that means anything to you or if it's helpful.

1 hour ago, ElsissSurana said:

Always annoying when that happens.  Also, setting the other variable, bctbathhouseshiftscounter, had no effect.  I don't know if that means anything to you or if it's helpful.

I've fixed the issues for the next version. You should be able to console command  'setstage bctbathhouse 34' and talk to the suspicious individual to get the ball rolling on the next task.

17 hours ago, Kickinit09 said:

Seems to be related to when I change the camera from the player to another actor and then back again. I will say I'm not able to reproduce the issue in my game but I have had that happen to me before. I'll see if I can figure out a fix though.

I'm running with both of these, could one of them be related to the problem?

Barber and Surgeon Camera Fix

3rd Person Camera Tweaks

9 hours ago, gunsol said:

Your mod is a nice change of pace from the sea of beastiality and preggo content that makes up the bulk of the fallout mods here.

I guess you haven't tried the mirelurk bounty hunt yet... ?

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I'm running with both of these, could one of them be related to the problem?

Barber and Surgeon Camera Fix

3rd Person Camera Tweaks

I guess not because I just tested the wall painting part of the maid job and got the same/similar issue. I can't use my pip-boy without a save and reload but unlike what you described I can still click activate things without issue. I'm guessing it has something to do with the sequence, change camera actor > toggle free cam > change actor > cancel free cam. I'll see if I can find a fix.

Edit: After playing with some of the timings I've got the issue fixed for next update.

Edited by Kickinit09
2 hours ago, Kickinit09 said:

Edit: After playing with some of the timings I've got the issue fixed for next update.

Will that effect the PC entering the animations?

The first run she wouldn't enter the animations on the first floor, but did on the second floor. The second run through, she entered all of them just fine. But, I've noticed that when arriving for the first time, some things are a bit off. Like the street lights don't turn on at night or the guards don't change shifts. Travel back to the Commonwealth and return to BC then everything works fine from then on.

I just blamed it on being a totally raw world with a lot being loaded. LOL

40 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Will that effect the PC entering the animations?

The first run she wouldn't enter the animations on the first floor, but did on the second floor. The second run through, she entered all of them just fine. But, I've noticed that when arriving for the first time, some things are a bit off. Like the street lights don't turn on at night or the guards don't change shifts. Travel back to the Commonwealth and return to BC then everything works fine from then on.

I just blamed it on being a totally raw world with a lot being loaded. LOL

No it was just the painting animation that needed some tweaks and the the tweaks where after entering the idle animation. Those Idle animations in general are just finicky. Sometimes they work cleanly and sometimes they don't, not much I can do about it.

Edited by Kickinit09