What causes this? Invisible monster and frame drop

Aki K

5 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It mentions SkyUI so that would be the place to start. Failing that, delete the Bashed Patch, uninstall Wrye Bash and return to the original problem of the wolves.

I don't even know what I would do with SkyUi that could be related.  The error tells me next to nothing.  i can't gleam anything from it other than the words SkyUI.  I don't know what to do, where to begin, etc.

5 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Is there a way to find out what other programs are using it?

yes by closing everything and restart^^

also GC said something about SkyUI that might be a good start for your research.

Still, I have no clue, I rebuild that bashed patch weekly and never ever saw that warning.

Not even sure why SkyUI could cause this.

For me it looks like an UAC issue = Windows User Account Control [UAC]

means you have installed Skyrim in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" which is always a bad idea for modding skyrim

alternative would be to start wrye bash with admin rights if some other program still changes something in the skyrim folder and stops wyre bash in it tracks

or just restart your PC and hope for the best ^^

4 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

yes by closing everything and restart^^

also GC said something about SkyUI that might be a good start for your research.

Still, I have no clue, I rebuild that bashed patch weekly and never ever saw that warning.

Not even sure why SkyUI could cause this.

For me it looks like an UAC issue = Windows User Account Control [UAC]

means you have installed Skyrim in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" which is always a bad idea for modding skyrim

alternative would be to start wrye bash with admin rights if some other program still changes something in the skyrim folder and stops wyre bash in it tracks

or just restart your PC and hope for the best ^^

Found the issue.  So its a common problem for MO users, particularly with windows 10, as I said before.  The solution is supposed to be easy.  Update windows 10 "1803" to windows 10 "1809".  I think the latest OS is actually "1903"?  Not sure.

But, the updates keep failing.  i thought I got the update but in reality the OS updates keep failing and I'm stuck at 1803.  So, I'm reaching out to the person who helped set up my computer and maybe they can help force the update.  Until then Wyre Bash is dead in the water.

I do have it installed in Program files (x86) but I did a lot of hoop jumping after I realized that wasn't the best decision.  As I said, Wyre bash previously worked fine with this exact setup.  This is another new issue, probably from the last MO update or something, and since I didn't know about updating bashed patches I probably didn't notice back then.

1 minute ago, Aki K said:

I do have it installed in Program files (x86) but I did a lot of hoop jumping after I realized that wasn't the best decision.  As I said, Wyre bash previously worked fine with this exact setup.  This is another new issue, probably from the last MO update or something, and since I didn't know about updating bashed patches I probably didn't notice back then.

I had issues after windows 10 updates too

Mainly with UAC

Means I had to give every Skyrim related tools fresh admin rights

Updating Wyre Bash might help too.

Still an alternative is Mator Smash Patch.

Especially if you use Wrye bash only for conflict resolution.

Mator Smash does the same and seems to be more focused on that.

I must admit that I not tried it yet myself, but I keep an eye on it if I ever replace Wrye Bash

25 minutes ago, Aki K said:

So, in short, I cannot use Wyre bash again.  Not without changing my entire setup and restarting from scratch.  I don't want to do that.

Where did you get this from?

As I said, forget about Wrye Bash for now. Address one problem at a time. Delete the Bashed Patch and WB. No point in having WB there if you can't use it.

See how you go with the wolves etc. Once that is sorted then you can worry about WB.

I will take all things into consideration.  I'm looking into fixing windows, the Mator thing, and will probably delete Wyre Bash for now.  Gonna continue to look into the wolf thing, but the bashed patch was the suspected culprit.  So I'll see how that works.  But I consider the Wyre Bash thing a bigger issue than the wolves now that I've discovered this.

Oh well for now.

Archived